Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 140706 times)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #150 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 08:28 PM »
^ Yup, Bruce Dacia was a great amateur player ....... I was hoping that he would make a good pro, but got lost in SANTA LUCIA's rotation. He never got a break after his short SLR stint.

Dacia is still playing in small leagues in the Visayas.

Far too many good amateur players, who didn't get a break in the PBA ...... e.g. Echano, Padaong, etc

sir new wave i will try to look for the old thread about old pba players and where they are now but if i cant not find it, i will open a new one but would like to solict discussions on anything about the pba, old players and what happenned to them, amaterur players who never hit it big in the pba and aything interesting to discuss about the PBA in general, hope to get a lot of inofrmation from yuo in that thread and hope other pba fanatics will also contribute, will that thread create interest?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #151 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 08:34 PM »
^I've always thought Alaska did very well when it came to trading and picking players.. but lately, their salary cap problems are their own fault.. why the hell did they waste valuable money on Eman? he hasn't helped the team in any way ever since he came on board.. they could have kept at least Hugnatan if they didn't sign Eman.. and why would you sign all the rookies you picked if you are not going to use them? Bono and Quinahan before.. that Fil-German guy 2 seasons ago.. tapos ngayon, 4 na rookies.. so far Baracael is the only one getting minutes.. si Salamat, lately lang nagamit.. they have Thiele and Bugia in their line-up pa..
magaling talaga alaska when it comes to trading before pero what will you expect,sa pba merong 4 teams ang smc and 2 teams naman kay mvp.outside smc and mvp teams alaska franchise lang ang may chance na makipag compete sa pba for a championship.sa tingin mo ba those teams will give alaska a good player
?yung barako bull naman sells their talents to either smc or mvp teams.paano ka naman makakakuha ng favorable trade nyan?

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 08:55 PM »
i found the thread i opened before i hope ok lang sa mga mhailig sa pba na mag post din dito but lets discuss things na hindi season37 para di natin madisrupt thread ni brader sniper

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,108498.msg1528272.html#new

dami ko kase ng gusto malamn at pag usapan about players na ma OT sa season 37 thread.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #153 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 12:08 AM »
now this scenario I did not see coming..

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/ginebra-eyeing-maierhofer-maliksi

Maliksi and Maierhofer are tall but thin.. they're both small forwards at best.. the only good thing about this is that they practically don't lose anyone if it pushes through..
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2011 at 12:09 AM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #154 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 04:42 AM »
now this scenario I did not see coming..

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/ginebra-eyeing-maierhofer-maliksi

Maliksi and Maierhofer are tall but thin.. they're both small forwards at best.. the only good thing about this is that they practically don't lose anyone if it pushes through..

If this trade ever materializes ..... it will be logical for both BMEG and GINEBRA. BMEG has an abundance of bigs, while GINEBRA has an abundance of guards.

However, these two teams cant make a straight-up trade, since they are sister teams. They'll need a 3rd party conduit to get this done.

In comes the Master Pimp Bert Lina (and his minions the Chua Boys).

Like I've been saying everytime ...... Master Pimp Bert Lina, will sell este trade when he gets the chance.

** BARAKO BULL owned the 3rd overall pick in the recent 2011 draft.

Not only was the 2011 draft one of the deepest - it was one of the most TOP-HEAVY drafts in years. You can make a case as top overall pick, for 4 of the draftees.

What did BARAKO BULL do with their 3rd overall pick in a top-heavy draft? ........ they sell este trade it to PETRON in exchange for the 8th overall pick.

The 3rd pick turned out to be Chris Lutz.

How can a professional team trade a surefire 3rd pick, for a relative gamble on the 8th pick?

The 8th pick turned out to be Alain Maliksi ........ the very same guy who may eventually be sold este traded to GINEBRA.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 04:57 AM »
i found the thread i opened before i hope ok lang sa mga mhailig sa pba na mag post din dito but lets discuss things na hindi season37 para di natin madisrupt thread ni brader sniper

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,108498.msg1528272.html#new

dami ko kase ng gusto malamn at pag usapan about players na ma OT sa season 37 thread.

Yup, above old thread will be a good place to start bro ..... though I dont think that bro sniper will mind OT posts on this thread.

Fire away if you have questions about the old players, etc .... let's hope everyone post there as well.

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 12:52 PM »

hehe...thanks, brader.

Yup, above old thread will be a good place to start bro ..... though I dont think that bro sniper will mind OT posts on this thread.

Fire away if you have questions about the old players, etc .... let's hope everyone post there as well.

of course, i don't mind. basta PBA related, shoot lang!  ;D we always manage to go back to the topic naman everytime recent developments crop up.

about alaska, dito natin makikita ung kaibahan ni cone at ni banal. the system and the players are the same. ung nage-execute ng system ang napalitan, parang nangapa na ung mga players. honestly, i was not expecting alaska to play this bad, considering that there was no substantial change in their line-up. cone is cone and he is a good coach. banal may have been his able assistant for so long, pero iba pa rin if you are at the helm already.

going to ginebra, it is said that the announcement regarding the trade will be announce tomorrow afternoon at the latest. also, jimbo and yancy (salamat naman) are involved in the trade. and yes, maierhofer and maliksi were the names that surfaced.

sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 01:13 PM »
wala na daw yung malikis/maierhofer trade.. the Ginebra-Alaska-Petron trade na daw ang mangyayari.. 4 players from Ginebra leaving, they get 3 in return..

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 01:18 PM »
so, it's back to the initial rumors. aside from the 3 players, they also get a first round draft pick in 2012. is that right sir?
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 01:35 PM »
** If GINEBRA does get another 1st round pick out of the upcoming "big-trade" ........ then they'll have 3-1st round picks for the 2012 draft - this one, their own pick PLUS the one sold by BARAKO BULL a few months ago.

GINEBRA is set for future ...... the 2012 draft will be a top-heavy & very deep draft. Very similar to the recent one.

They'll likely get one of the touted Filams from the D-LEAGUE (Hodge) plus one of the locals e.g. Abueva, Slaughter, etc

** If ever Jimbo Aquino is involved in the trade .... it's a given that he'll wind-up with his old coach in PETRON. Jimbo was Ato's main man in Baste.

** Looks like Joel Banal will get his old ADMU starting five. This should be interesting - Villanueva should get a boost & try to re-discover his old RED BULL form.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 01:43 PM »
Baclao to Alaska then Baclao, Thoss, Baracael to Ginebra then Evill, Intal, Jimbo and Cortez (not sure about him) to Alaska then Jimbo to Petron.. ganyan daw yung namumuong trade.. no picks involved daw as of this time.. pwede pa rin daw magbago yung players involved..

I still feel like this trade isn't going to happen.. too much of an overhaul for Alaska.. parang 1st phase ng disbandment..

2 trade scenarios daw pala yung balak ng SMC for their teams..

Scenario 1:

BGK - Maliksi and Maierhofer
BMEG - Yancy
Barako - Jimbo

Scenario 2:

BGK - Thoss, Baracael, Baclao
Alaska - EVill, Intal
Petron - Jimbo
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:16 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:00 PM »
this was the initial rumors that came out. until maierhofer and maliksi's name surfaced. according to some sources, they are still waiting for the go signal of another team. also, i think there may be a change in the personalities involved in the trade considering that yancy has been confirmed to be on the trading block as well.

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #162 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:12 PM »
Baclao to Alaska then Baclao, Thoss, Baracael to Ginebra then Evill, Intal, Jimbo and Cortez (not sure about him) to Alaska then Jimbo to Petron.. ganyan daw yung namumuong trade.. no picks involved daw as of this time.. pwede pa rin daw magbago yung players involved.. I still feel like this trade isn't going to happen..

sana ganyan na ang mangyari na trade... =)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:27 PM »
the Maliksi/Maierhofer to Ginebra is a go.. submitted to Commissioner's office na daw..

Maliksi and Maierhofer to Ginebra
Jimbo Aquino plus Ginebra's 2014 & 2015 2nd rd picks to Barako
Yancy De Ocampo to B-Meg

subject to commissioner's approval..

good move for Barako and Ginebra.. B-Meg really doesn't lose that much kasi madalang na rin naman gamitin ni Cone si Rico.. if Jimbo stays with Barako, may solid reliever na si Miller at SG.. di na si Avenido na walang kwenta..
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:31 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #164 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:30 PM »
mas maganda yung thoss, baclao and baracael to bgk in exchange for intal, enrico etc. =P

« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:30 PM by ivannn »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:31 PM »
If ever the trade proposal pushes through ...... Master Pimp BERT LINA strikes (gold) again !!!

** The trade proposals are intended to strengthen GINEBRA's frontline

** BMEG still has an over-abundance of bigs, despite losing Maierhoffer

** BERT LINA will sell este trade his promising rookie Maliksi - who they've taken with 8th pick of the recent draft ..... a pick they got from trading their own 3rd pick (who turned out to be Chris Lutz).

So, in a few months work .... BERT LINA has once again served his SMC masters ..... giving Chris Lutz to PETRON .... and now, giving Allain Maliksi to GINEBRA.

Ababou will be next of course.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #166 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:34 PM »
hilo ako sa mga pending trades.
dati two teams lng ang involved but since the existence of sister teams in the PBA, nagiging 3 teams trade na.

better for Alaska and Banal to go all ex-Blue Eagles in their campaign.
then Shopinas and Franz go all Green para mas maging exciting ule ang PBA.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:37 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:39 PM »
unavoidable naman kasi talaga yung magkaroon ng sister teams.. kukulangin ng teams kung ipagbawal yun.. 60M pa rin yata ang franchise sa liga ngayon.. walang prospects ang PBA masyado for new teams..

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:55 PM »
JIMBO plus 2014, 2015 2nd round pick to BARAKO, YANCY to BMEG, MAIERHOFER, MALIKSI to GINEBRA. still unconfirmed, though. pero yan daw ang nasa commissioner's office right now.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 03:00 PM »
unavoidable naman kasi talaga yung magkaroon ng sister teams.. kukulangin ng teams kung ipagbawal yun.. 60M pa rin yata ang franchise sa liga ngayon.. walang prospects ang PBA masyado for new teams..

The PBA is actually shooting itself in the foot.

** Aside from the initial high franchise fees, the previous concessions given to past new franchises (PUREFOODS, RED BULL, etc) are no longer existent.

Past franchises were given the privilege to elevate their own choice of amateur players (usually coming from a single stable) .... thus ensuring a competitive rookie team, which will equate to league parity.

** PBA franchise applications go through the eye of a needle, to get approval. See the case of recent applicant, PHOENIX PETROLEUM.

PHOENIX had massive funds to apply and maintain a good team ..... lo and behold, their application was shot down by all 3-SMC teams (which had competitor PETRON) and BERT LINA's AIR21 team (!)

Note: It takes 7 votes to get approval for new PBA franchises.

In the past, the SMC bloc were only given 2 votes (PUREFOODS not allowed to vote) ..... however, when AIR21's Lito Alvarez became chairman, he gave permanent voting power to PUREFOODS. Thus we have a majority bloc when it comes to PBA voting.

This was no coincidence ..... Bert Lina = Lito Alvarez.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 03:10 PM »
I've learned to stop complaining about the happenings in the league.. the PBA is a business and it's all about making money.. yung for entertainment na sabi nila is pure bullsh*t.. if I get to watch a good game, I have no complaints..

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 03:29 PM »
^ Yup, that's just about the attitude they left us, true followers of the sport ..... just enjoy watching the games.

However, I'm just a sucker for history and the finer details.  ;)

OT: Damm, this prolonged NBA lockout ..... the entire season is now in jeopardy as the players union just turned-down the owners latest deal. They will resort to what Americans do best "sue the hell out of each other".

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #172 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 03:30 PM »
Those trades are hampering the career of the players. palipat lipat ng teams wlang permanent resident ang mga players. its like moving houses every now and then so wlang mangyayri sa mga players. manuti pa sa UAAP/ NCAA, players can play at least 2 to 3 years if not the whole 5 years, thats where we see players develop their skills under 1 roof.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 03:37 PM »
^ Yup, that's just about the attitude they left us, true followers of the sport ..... just enjoy watching the games.

However, I'm just a sucker for history and the finer details.  ;)

OT: Damm, this prolonged NBA lockout ..... the entire season is now in jeopardy as the players union just turned-down the owners latest deal. They will resort to what Americans do best "sue the hell out of each other".

greater possibility for more legit NBA players to come here though.. pwede pa import kung luluwagan yung cap for import salaries..

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 03:39 PM »
Those trades are hampering the career of the players. palipat lipat ng teams wlang permanent resident ang mga players. its like moving houses every now and then so wlang mangyayri sa mga players. manuti pa sa UAAP/ NCAA, players can play at least 2 to 3 years if not the whole 5 years, thats where we see players develop their skills under 1 roof.

part of a player's life.. yung UAAP/NCAA nakadepende naman kasi sa pag-aaral yun.. you definitely can't trade players there.. ano yung magiging basehan? skill tapos grades at tuition fee? ;D

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 06:07 PM »
Baclao to Alaska then Baclao, Thoss, Baracael to Ginebra then Evill, Intal, Jimbo and Cortez (not sure about him) to Alaska then Jimbo to Petron.. ganyan daw yung namumuong trade.. no picks involved daw as of this time.. pwede pa rin daw magbago yung players involved..

I still feel like this trade isn't going to happen.. too much of an overhaul for Alaska.. parang 1st phase ng disbandment..

2 trade scenarios daw pala yung balak ng SMC for their teams..

Scenario 1:

BGK - Maliksi and Maierhofer
BMEG - Yancy
Barako - Jimbo

Scenario 2:

BGK - Thoss, Baracael, Baclao
Alaska - EVill, Intal
Petron - Jimbo

alaska is at it again, why tarde a very promisng barachael?

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 11:01 PM »
brader, di na kasama alaska sa trade. ginebra, bmeg and barako na lang.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 11:14 PM »

ayun buti naman,

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 11:17 PM »

i hope maierhofer regain his old form after na injury, he would fit very well in ginebra's rugged type of basketball, this might be a good oppurtunity ofr him to shine better