Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 140706 times)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #180 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 12:04 PM »
Ok, so here's the final, official and approved trade between Ginebra, Barako and B-Meg:

Ginebra traded Yancy De Ocampo and their 2012 2nd rd pick for Allein Maliksi
Barako then traded Yancy De Ocampo and the 2012 2nd rd pick to B-Meg for Rico Maierhofer
Barako then traded Rico Maierhofer to Ginebra for Jimbo Aquino and their 2013 1st rd pick

in short:

Ginebra got Maliksi and Maierhofer (lost Yancy, Jimbo, 2012 2nd rd pick & 2013 1st rd pick)
Barako got Jimbo and 2013 1st rd pick (lost Maliksi)
B-Meg got Yancy and 2012 2nd rd pick (lost Rico)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #181 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 02:41 PM »
Rico and Alain basically play the same position. i dont know how it will benefit Ginebra unless its a preparation for another trade in the offing.
Magulo na toh.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 04:12 PM »
Rico and Alain basically play the same position. i dont know how it will benefit Ginebra unless its a preparation for another trade in the offing.
Magulo na toh.

same position but not the same game.. Rico M. will have an immediate impact sa Ginebra.. he plays a lot like Hatfield.. same energy, same hustle.. yun yung isang kulang ngayon sa Ginebra and Rico will fill that hole.. Maliksi will have to contend for minutes with Intal and Canaleta at small forward.. one thing going for Maliksi though is that he has a better outside shot than both JC and KG..

ang magiging problema ng Ginebra with these 2 new acquisitions is that they both have suffered an ACL injury already.. medyo cautious na 'to maglaro and that can affect their respective games..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 05:14 PM »
same position but not the same game.. Rico M. will have an immediate impact sa Ginebra.. he plays a lot like Hatfield.. same energy, same hustle.. yun yung isang kulang ngayon sa Ginebra and Rico will fill that hole.. Maliksi will have to contend for minutes with Intal and Canaleta at small forward.. one thing going for Maliksi though is that he has a better outside shot than both JC and KG..

ang magiging problema ng Ginebra with these 2 new acquisitions is that they both have suffered an ACL injury already.. medyo cautious na 'to maglaro and that can affect their respective games..

i dont see them fit for Ginebra, both will eventually become wasted talents.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 05:59 PM »
i dont see them fit for Ginebra, both will eventually become wasted talents.

I highly doubt Maierhofer will be a wasted talent at Ginebra if he's healthy.. he's perfect for their run and gun game.. he can collar rebounds and run on the break.. and he's a solid defender at the post.. at power forward, he gives Ginebra a definite presence in the defensive end.. at the offensive end naman, hustle points ang kaya niya ibigay..

he fits perfectly kahit ano mang game ang lalaruin ng Ginebra.. if they go big, Rico can play small forward.. if they go small, he can play Center/PF and not lose on the match-ups.. on the pick-'n-roll, pwede siya 'cuz he's a mobile big man.. kung sa pick-n'-roll defense naman, perfect siya kasi mahaba ang galamay..

the addition of Maierhofer is a definite improvement on the lineup of Ginebra.. wala nga significant na nawala sa kanila eh..

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #185 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 06:26 PM »
I highly doubt Maierhofer will be a wasted talent at Ginebra if he's healthy.. he's perfect for their run and gun game.. he can collar rebounds and run on the break.. and he's a solid defender at the post.. at power forward, he gives Ginebra a definite presence in the defensive end.. at the offensive end naman, hustle points ang kaya niya ibigay..

he fits perfectly kahit ano mang game ang lalaruin ng Ginebra.. if they go big, Rico can play small forward.. if they go small, he can play Center/PF and not lose on the match-ups.. on the pick-'n-roll, pwede siya 'cuz he's a mobile big man.. kung sa pick-n'-roll defense naman, perfect siya kasi mahaba ang galamay..

the addition of Maierhofer is a definite improvement on the lineup of Ginebra.. wala nga significant na nawala sa kanila eh..

i share the same impression rico plays like hatfiled only smaller bodied but of the same intensity and strength. i hope he can get his old playing form back quickly, there are some players who recovers well from ACL as if nothting happens and there are those who have not, am i correct that homer se also had ACL? prior to that, he was very promising but after the ACL, he was never the same player again.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 09:05 PM »
agree. rico will be a good fit to ginebra. agree also that he is a, well, leaner hatfield as far as intensity, hustle and bravado is concered. plus, he has decent outside touch.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #187 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 09:35 PM »
Rico Maierhofer will be a good fit to any team ..... these types of energy/hustle guys dont need plays called for them, hence will fit right in - moreso with teams having loaded lineups.

Agree that Allein Maliksi will likely see limited minutes, since he'll contend with Canaleta & Intal (both Wilsons) .... Canaleta is getting his groove lately, hence will get the bulk of the PT. 

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 09:43 PM »
One more rant for the night ....... cant help it, sorry.  ;)

============================================================================

Pimp Daddy Bert Lina strikes again!

BARAKO BULL owned the 3rd overall pick during the recent rookie draft ..... despite the draft being deep & top-heavy, BARAKO BULL "traded" the pick to PETRON for the 8th overall pick.

The 3rd overall pick turned out to be Chris Lutz ...... while the 8th overall pick turned out to be Allein Maliksi.

So, in a short span of 3 months ..... BARAKO BULL traded Chris Lutz (rights) to PETRON & traded Allein Maliksi to GINEBRA.

In exchange, they will get future draft picks ..... they will draft more prospects ..... then sell este trade them again to the SMC teams.

Wash --- Rinse --- Repeat
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2011 at 09:43 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #189 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 10:25 PM »
alaska is at it again, why tarde a very promisng barachael?
hinala ko unti unti nang nalulugi alaska,nakailang championship ba sila nitong mga huling taon?wag na kayong magtaka kung bakit palagi na lang smc and mvp teams naglalaban laban sa finals

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #190 on: Nov 17, 2011 at 10:55 AM »
hopefully may next phase of trade pa ang bgk and sana sila thoss na =)

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #191 on: Nov 17, 2011 at 11:09 AM »

Scenario 2:

BGK - Thoss, Baracael, Baclao
Alaska - EVill, Intal
Petron - Jimbo
sana eto naman ang matuloy :)
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM by retro12195 »
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #192 on: Nov 17, 2011 at 06:17 PM »
Scenario 2:

BGK - Thoss, Baracael, Baclao
Alaska - EVill, Intal
Petron - Jimbo
sana eto naman ang matuloy :)

Ok, so here's the final, official and approved trade between Ginebra, Barako and B-Meg:

Ginebra traded Yancy De Ocampo and their 2012 2nd rd pick for Allein Maliksi
Barako then traded Yancy De Ocampo and the 2012 2nd rd pick to B-Meg for Rico Maierhofer
Barako then traded Rico Maierhofer to Ginebra for Jimbo Aquino and their 2013 1st rd pick

in short:

Ginebra got Maliksi and Maierhofer (lost Yancy, Jimbo, 2012 2nd rd pick & 2013 1st rd pick)
Barako got Jimbo and 2013 1st rd pick (lost Maliksi)
B-Meg got Yancy and 2012 2nd rd pick (lost Rico)

malabo na siguro kasi napunta na sa Barako si Jimbo.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 03:23 PM »
looks like the speculations that the recent trade involving ginebra is just a preliminary to another trade is going to happen.

http://barberspeak.blogspot.com/2011/11/bgk-winner-of-last-trade-and-upcoming.html

and it seems that the name of sonny thoss will be dragged in the issue again. a center, a struggling team with a high pride...seems like thoss and alaska to me. and i also think intal will be invloved since ginebra will be letting go of a high flyer. sana si canaleta na lang i-trade ng ginebra in case it is really letting go of a high flyer...

sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 07:14 PM »
The first series of trades set up a scenario for succeeding trades in the offing.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 07:23 PM »
looks like the speculations that the recent trade involving ginebra is just a preliminary to another trade is going to happen.

http://barberspeak.blogspot.com/2011/11/bgk-winner-of-last-trade-and-upcoming.html

and it seems that the name of sonny thoss will be dragged in the issue again. a center, a struggling team with a high pride...seems like thoss and alaska to me. and i also think intal will be invloved since ginebra will be letting go of a high flyer. sana si canaleta na lang i-trade ng ginebra in case it is really letting go of a high flyer...

i like canaleta more than intal mas laki at mas malaks ang katawan kung mapunta sya sa alaska, baka ito na ang breaks na intay nya.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 07:41 PM »
i like canaleta more than intal mas laki at mas malaks ang katawan kung mapunta sya sa alaska, baka ito na ang breaks na intay nya.

Have you seen Intal recently? he's much bigger and stronger than Canaleta now.. kaya nga ang panget na ng outside shot ni JC ngayon kasi nagpalaki siya nung off-season.. ang problema ni JC is yung hawak niya sa bola.. he has butter fingers.. walang grip masyado..

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 08:02 PM »
Have you seen Intal recently? he's much bigger and stronger than Canaleta now.. kaya nga ang panget na ng outside shot ni JC ngayon kasi nagpalaki siya nung off-season.. ang problema ni JC is yung hawak niya sa bola.. he has butter fingers.. walang grip masyado..

i was supposed to say that parang ang dulas ng bola sa kamay nya eh naalala ko si manny victorino ang laking tao pero laging nawawala bola sa kamay nya,

i still like canaleta more because he still have his decent outside shot although not sure kung gaano kahusay sa perimeter shooting lately,kaya lang sino ba mas matanda sa dalawa?

although kung papunta nga s alaska, chemistry is a huge factor, mas kabisado na ni intal ang makakasama nya sa alaska and also the coach, at one point he was huge with ginebra too isnt it?

by the way, bakit ba nag iba iba na ang mga coach ng san miguel teams, dati wala si tanquincen  ngayon najan na yata tapos si jong uichico coach pa ba? paano ba napunta si ato sa petron and bakit hindi si caidic or samboy lim?

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 08:55 PM »
i was supposed to say that parang ang dulas ng bola sa kamay nya eh naalala ko si manny victorino ang laking tao pero laging nawawala bola sa kamay nya,

i still like canaleta more because he still have his decent outside shot although not sure kung gaano kahusay sa perimeter shooting lately,kaya lang sino ba mas matanda sa dalawa?

although kung papunta nga s alaska, chemistry is a huge factor, mas kabisado na ni intal ang makakasama nya sa alaska and also the coach, at one point he was huge with ginebra too isnt it?

by the way, bakit ba nag iba iba na ang mga coach ng san miguel teams, dati wala si tanquincen  ngayon najan na yata tapos si jong uichico coach pa ba? paano ba napunta si ato sa petron and bakit hindi si caidic or samboy lim?

after the injury to Danny Seigle in 2002 and yung pag-loan kay Uichico, Ildefonso, Racela and Hontiveros to the national team, nagsimula na yung pagbaba ng laro of that San Miguel batch.. so in 2006, they reshuffled their coaches.. Chot Reyes moved from Coke to San Miguel, Uichico moved to Ginebra from San Miguel and Siot Tanquincen slid back to assistant coach.. nung napili namang coach ng national team in 2007 si Chot Reyes, Tanquincen was moved to San Miguel to take over the team while Chot was on loan to the NT..

di na binalik si Chot after 2007 and they stuck with Tanquincen.. Siot coached San Miguel from 2007 until the 2009-2010 season.. Si Ato pumasok sa San Miguel coaching staff as assistant after he won with Baste sa NCAA.. in the 2010 Fiesta Conference Finals against Alaska, San Miguel opted to let Gee Abanilla coach the team in Game 5 and 6.. that signaled the exit of Siot sa San Miguel.. last season, San Miguel appointed Ato as head coach of San Miguel.. Siot was moved back to Ginebra as Uichico's assistant..

before this season 37 started, SMC management appointed Tanquincen and Uichico co-head coaches but endgame decisions were given to Tanquincen..

as for Caidic, he coached Ginebra for a while but was never successful.. sunod-sunod yung talo niya kaya pinalitan siya ni Siot.. Siot eventually led them to 2 titles.. as for Samboy, hanggang team manager lang daw siya.. ayaw niya mag-coach same with Hector Calma..

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 09:08 PM »
thanks sir bored ;)

so it measn dalawa coach ng ginebra? ang hirap naman nun parang ang gulo ng diskarte ng laro pag ganyan

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 09:40 PM »

Problem with Canaleta is he isnt good with the dribble so he cant create offensive moves for himself. He played center in college so adjusting to play the wing isnt his comfort zone.
Intal is the a natural wing and a better player off the dribble w/c makes him fit for any team that can give him the proper playing time.
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2011 at 09:46 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 09:44 PM »
thanks sir bored ;)

so it measn dalawa coach ng ginebra? ang hirap naman nun parang ang gulo ng diskarte ng laro pag ganyan

by name only.. si Tanquincen talaga ang nagpapatakbo..

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 09:47 PM »
Casio has arrived! 26pts 11 asts kanina against Alaska.. too bad they lost but he's finally showing why he was picked 1st in the draft.. a better coach siguro and his team would be winning right now..

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 10:15 PM »
Casio has arrived! 26pts 11 asts kanina against Alaska.. too bad they lost but he's finally showing why he was picked 1st in the draft.. a better coach siguro and his team would be winning right now..

where is he playing?

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 10:48 PM »

the problem with canaleta is that he is so inconsistent. and his shot selection sucks. he can sink three's, alright but he can't seem to duplicate it in succeeding attempts. which makes me think na tsamba lang yung ibang tres nya.  before he came to ginebra, i was so happy when he was fielded in by his team. i always sya "ayan...makakahabol na ang ginebra;D

Intal is the a natural wing and a better player off the dribble w/c makes him fit for any team that can give him the proper playing time.

agree. he was already a wingman even during his ateneo days. and he was good then. medyo bumaba lang kumpyansa nya when he was not used much by air21. he soared again when he came to ginebra. but that was short-lived. that was when mark was injured.

they refer to the set-up as co-coaches. but, according to jong uichico, it is siot who has the last say. ganito na sila last season. they just formalized it before the current season started.

i always knew that jv would make an impact in the pba. i have always admired this player way back in his uaap days.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 11:08 PM »
where is he playing?

Powerade.. they've got a competitive team.. Casio, Lassiter and David all scored over 20pts tonight.. they have a veteran in Celino Cruz.. Doug Kramer is producing double-double numbers every game.. di lang talaga marunong si Perasol..

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 11:32 PM »
Powerade.. they've got a competitive team.. Casio, Lassiter and David all scored over 20pts tonight.. they have a veteran in Celino Cruz.. Doug Kramer is producing double-double numbers every game.. di lang talaga marunong si Perasol..

ahh this is a huge team, i always admire gary david, he has always played well even in the amature, lassiter is one of the best in the gilas team and plays hard nose defense, i like him more than lutz

celino has always been great kaya lang nagiging journeyman eh sayang di nagtatagal sa isang team eh magaling naman lalo na sa threepoint shot.

kramer is not flashy but a hard nose player too, i like his playing attitude walang arte at masipag

i wish somebody else handle this team, sayang si alfrancis chua sana mag coach ulit sya or sana dito na lang lumipat si tim cone

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Nov 19, 2011 at 06:00 AM »
^ I myself was hoping that a big-time coach like Tim Cone would transfer to POWERADE .... Alfrancis Chua would have also made a decent coach.

Ever since the franchise was bought by COKE ownership (from then SMC), they have struggled:

** COKE dealt then stalwarts Hatfield, Reavis and Mamaril to GINEBRA, as part of the franchise sale ..... or they just pulled a fast one over everyone.

** Though a very good defensive coach, Binky Favis' slowbreak game didn't win much in the PBA ..... besides, it did not utilize the horses that he drafted and traded-for through the years e.g. Yeo (struggled to get his old-SLR form), Buenafe, Cabagnot, Miranda, etc

** Though a stand-up guy, top honcho JB Baylon isn't basketball savvy at all ..... unlike his counterparts with the elite teams.

** Bo Perasol is widely-considered to be the "least-technical" of all the coaches - along with Ryan Gregorio (only runs isolation + everybody else crash the board).

Perasol has often been outsmarted by opposing coaches, moreso during endgame scenarios (ALASKA's last second alley-oop to Diamon Simpson was killer).

Perasol has also made very poor draft and trade choices ..... drafting Chris Ross then trading him for an aged Paolo Mendoza, trading Larry Rodriguez, etc

I recall the 2010 draft ..... AIR21 had the 18th pick, while POWERADE had the 19th pick. AIR21 was passing on it's pick, when POWERADE trades-up for the 18th pick (!) ..... only to draft Jai Reyes (!) ...... then pass on it's own 19th pick (!) .... with guys like Hayes, Thiele & Canlas still undrafted (!).

POWERADE wont go deep in contention, with Bo Perasol at the helm.

Management should just hand over the head-coaching gig to Alex Compton (who directs the last quarter plays anyway) .... or go with a decent gamble like Jojo Lastimosa, who is aching for a head coaching stint.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Nov 19, 2011 at 11:32 AM »
i hope Alaska can get INTAL and VILLANUEVA from Ginebra.
They will be a more decent starting 5 with JR Reyes at Center, Rico Villanueva at Power Forward, JC Intal at the Wing, Cyrus Baguio at the Off Guard and of course their Point guard par excellance in LA Tenorio.
Tony de la Cruz as sixth man for stability in the shooting forward position.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Nov 19, 2011 at 12:32 PM »
they've done a lot of questionable deals but I like the opportunity Petron gave to Lordy Tugade last night.. the injuries to their team may have been largely the reason why they signed him up but it's always nice to see a good player given a chance to play again.. instant impact agad kagabi si Lordy.. reminiscent of his old Red Bull days..