Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 140714 times)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #420 on: Jan 19, 2012 at 02:30 PM »
^^ Yup, many of our generation does appreciate the traditional post players.

Sadly though, traditional post players are a rare commodity nowadays.

Most local bigs now are equipped with agility, hops, etc ..... add the fact that since zone defenses were allowed - offensive sets now are mostly quick passing, movement, screens & cuts.

Currently, I enjoy watching Larry Rodriguez play - the man has a knack for scoring around the paint ..... I'm kinda reminded of Terry Saldana's game many years ago. Both are quiet operators as well.

same thoughts on rodriguez, not flashy but gets the job done, very hard working and the intensity in his games did not change from the amateur to the pros now,
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #421 on: Jan 19, 2012 at 04:05 PM »
PEEK Was able to get the two crucial rebounds to win the game

petron and tnt choke during the last ! minute of the ball game

another thing was the steal of mighty mouse to boy baldog...

Petron could win it either but they dont have a guy to take it to the basket

it could go to lutz or arwind to push it hard to the rim to somehow get fouls but they decided that LAKAY can take 3point shots which he missed twice

castro had a good ball game - hindi nga lang sa 4th q
Love me or hate me.....

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #422 on: Jan 19, 2012 at 09:59 PM »
PEEK Was able to get the two crucial rebounds to win the game

petron and tnt choke during the last ! minute of the ball game

another thing was the steal of mighty mouse to boy baldog...

Petron could win it either but they dont have a guy to take it to the basket

it could go to lutz or arwind to push it hard to the rim to somehow get fouls but they decided that LAKAY can take 3point shots which he missed twice

castro had a good ball game - hindi nga lang sa 4th q

sad to say but Petron choked. their last play from a time-out was designed for Cabagnot to go strong to the hoop but he fumbled forcing him to pas the ball to Ildefonso who was willing to take the shot though he was already missing. Petron's previous plays were also individual plays trying to drive to the basket but without success forcing them to kick-out the ball, with the time winding down, to Ildefonso who had no recourse but to shoot.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #423 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 08:59 AM »
sad to say but Petron choked. their last play from a time-out was designed for Cabagnot to go strong to the hoop but he fumbled forcing him to pas the ball to Ildefonso who was willing to take the shot though he was already missing. Petron's previous plays were also individual plays trying to drive to the basket but without success forcing them to kick-out the ball, with the time winding down, to Ildefonso who had no recourse but to shoot.

The series was decided by one shot. Petron didnt execute well but it was a decent trey shot by Ildefonso, too bad it didnt went in.

PBA Finals Game 1 today.
TNT vs POWERADE
TNT should win the series without a doubt but pag pinaganda un series for more gates receipts, i feel it will go as far as Game 6 with TNT winning it all.
Game 1 via out of town game bka paunahin ng TNT ang Powerade just to spice up the series and create more excitement to the viewers as we all know un MASA tyak kakampi sa dehado.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #424 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 01:03 PM »
this should be an exciting series. a very hungry team versus a team presumably still suturing a botched grand slam wound. for TnT, this is a crucial series, if they want to have a shot at a grand slam again. if they lose this series, they can kiss their grand slam bid and wait till next season to have a crack at it again.

for powerade, they are undoubtedly hungry, especially gary david who's last finals appearance was in 2008. he is on a high right now. i just hope, for powerade's sake, that he has not yet peaked off. he will certainly be a marked man in this series.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 01:16 PM »
this should be an exciting series. a very hungry team versus a team presumably still suturing a botched grand slam wound. for TnT, this is a crucial series, if they want to have a shot at a grand slam again. if they lose this series, they can kiss their grand slam bid and wait till next season to have a crack at it again.

for powerade, they are undoubtedly hungry, especially gary david who's last finals appearance was in 2008. he is on a high right now. i just hope, for powerade's sake, that he has not yet peaked off. he will certainly be a marked man in this series.

Lots of TNT players will be thrown to guard David. Rich Alvarez, Dilinger, Gamalinda, and of course for sure Kelly Williams.
Sobrang lamang tlga sa talent at bench and TNT from guards to centers so the odds definitely dont favor POWERADE.
Many may side with POWERADE by heart but i doubt they will bet in their favor.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #426 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 01:30 PM »
^ Agreed, TnT is obvisouly heavily favored for this series ...... the personnel capable to pressure Gary David is just stacked - a healthy Ryan Reyes alone can probably guard him the whole series. 

I'd say the 1st two Finals games will be an indicator of the kind of series it would be ...... champion veteran team versus the finals noobs ...... or champion heart versus fighting heart.

Aside from MVP and his mostly hakot crowd, I'd say everyone is rooting for the cinderella POWERADE team right now.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 01:38 PM »
^ Agreed, TnT is obvisouly heavily favored for this series ...... the personnel capable to pressure Gary David is just stacked - a healthy Ryan Reyes alone can probably guard him the whole series. 

I'd say the 1st two Finals games will be an indicator of the kind of series it would be ...... champion veteran team versus the finals noobs ...... or champion heart versus fighting heart.

Aside from MVP and his mostly hakot crowd, I'd say everyone is rooting for the cinderella POWERADE team right now.

I got a feeling that the first 2 finals games will be splitted 1-1 then TNT goin 3-1 then Powerade will answer to get it at 3-2 and TNT will finish it 4-2 on the sixth game.
Batok na yan sa ulo ni Coach CHOT and TNT players if aabot pa ng Game 7 yan series.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 01:48 PM »
agree that TnT has a deeper bench compared to powerade. even the second unit of TnT is of a first five caliber. it is in this aspect that powerade is at a great disadvantage. they should always have a head start to afford their first stringers time to rest. they cannot sit their first stringers down if they are down, otherwise, they'll just bury themselves deeper.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 01:58 PM »
agree that TnT has a deeper bench compared to powerade. even the second unit of TnT is of a first five caliber. it is in this aspect that powerade is at a great disadvantage. they should always have a head start to afford their first stringers time to rest. they cannot sit their first stringers down if they are down, otherwise, they'll just bury themselves deeper.

sa guards lng Casio, Lassiter and Celino Cruz will burn out chasing Jason Castro and Jimmy Alapag.
sa off guards, small forward, too many shock troopers Dillinger, Reyes, Gamalinda, Alvarez, Fonacier from TNT to stop Gary David.
sa power forwards and centers, De Ocampo, Ali, Japet, Kelly, Carey too much talents and muscles to bang bodies with Kramer, Adducol, Crisiano and Anthony.

kung tao tao ang basis TNT shouldnt settle less than a SWEEP of the series but sympre sayang un gates kung hndi papopormahin ng konti un dehado as the masses with certainly cheer for them and its the masses thats paying the gates.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2012 at 02:36 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 02:18 PM »
its the masses thats paying the gates.

si finals na ito, hindi ba si MVP?  ;D (or at least 70% of the seats)

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 02:24 PM »

tnt for the sweep hehehe
Love me or hate me.....

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 02:46 PM »
si finals na ito, hindi ba si MVP?  ;D (or at least 70% of the seats)

Hehe, it's a know fact that MVP's officials "hakots" their employees during the semis and Finals series .... tickets (and yellow shirts) are given or raffled off a day before gametime.

Not that the "hakot" system is a bad thing ..... it's just making sure that the team is ably supported with cheers. Besides, a filled venue makes for a better game atmosphere.

The last Finals team I saw that didn't have great fan support was SANTA LUCIA ..... when they won that series against PUREFOODS - only a handful of people behind SLR's bench was celebrating.

Like I said, the 1st 2 games of this TnT-POWERADE series will likely show what kind of Finals we'll be getting ....... Veterans Vs. Noobs ....... or Veterans Vs. Heart.

Let's all hope we get heart.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 02:52 PM »
Hehe, it's a know fact that MVP's officials "hakots" their employees during the semis and Finals series .... tickets (and yellow shirts) are given or raffled off a day before gametime.

Not that the "hakot" system is a bad thing ..... it's just making sure that the team is ably supported with cheers. Besides, a filled venue makes for a better game atmosphere.

The last Finals team I saw that didn't have great fan support was SANTA LUCIA ..... when they won that series against PUREFOODS - only a handful of people behind SLR's bench was celebrating.

Like I said, the 1st 2 games of this TnT-POWERADE series will likely show what kind of Finals we'll be getting ....... Veterans Vs. Noobs ....... or Veterans Vs. Heart.

Let's all hope we get heart.

naku taob ang bangka pag mananalo ang dehado.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 03:07 PM »
pustahan sa office ibabawas daw ung points ni alapag or castro mamimili daw kami para labanan ung pusta sa tnt tsk tsk sk  :-\

hope the bigger mans of TnT will dominate the series

JAPET - its time to show if you have A game... hindi maramdaman lage kahit sa FIBA Asia bangko tsk tsk tsk
Love me or hate me.....

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 03:37 PM »

actually, all teams does this. during the finals of the 2007 all-pinoy conference, me and my college buddies wanted to watch a game. so, two days before playdate, we proceeded to the araneta ticket office. to our surprise, we were told that only the bleachers and the area immediately below that (i forgot what they call it) are available. we asked why, the reply was "binili na po ng management nung dalawang teams ung sa ringside, lower A and upper A".  :o

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 03:38 PM »
pustahan sa office ibabawas daw ung points ni alapag or castro mamimili daw kami para labanan ung pusta sa tnt tsk tsk sk  :-\

hope the bigger mans of TnT will dominate the series

JAPET - its time to show if you have A game... hindi maramdaman lage kahit sa FIBA Asia bangko tsk tsk tsk

Thats a great plus factor if minus points of Alapag or Castro. Sa powerade na me pupusta pag ganun.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 04:29 PM »
despite the odds, i'm still going with powerade.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 05:43 PM »
despite the odds, i'm still going with powerade.

I'm sure most of us if not all of us will cheer for POWERADE.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 08:15 PM »
Lalamunin lng ng TNT ang Powerade..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #440 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 08:19 PM »
Lalamunin lng ng TNT ang Powerade..

too much fire power by TNT so thats really expected.
maganda lng panuorin khit tambak ksi high scoring ball game.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 08:23 PM »
jv casio is a BIG factor for powerade. i hope he can play starting next game...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: Jan 20, 2012 at 09:08 PM »
this series is really going to be boring.. yung 'no chance in hell' comment ni Magoo Marjon nung B-Meg-Powerade QF series is more suited sa Finals na 'to.. I'd actually be surprised if TnT doesn't sweep this..

no offense to Powerade, they're having a great run, but TnT just won a series after being down 1-3 against a team as strong and well-coached as Petron.. not to mention the fact that this core has been playing together for quite a while now and are coming off 2 championships and 3 Finals appearances last season..

I want Powerade to win because I hate TnT but there is just no way TnT is going to let this one go.. they missed the grand slam last season.. they have a chance again this season.. and they'll be the first team to defend a All-Filipino title since the 80s..

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #443 on: Jan 21, 2012 at 12:26 AM »
this series is really going to be boring.. yung 'no chance in hell' comment ni Magoo Marjon nung B-Meg-Powerade QF series is more suited sa Finals na 'to.. I'd actually be surprised if TnT doesn't sweep this..

no offense to Powerade, they're having a great run, but TnT just won a series after being down 1-3 against a team as strong and well-coached as Petron.. not to mention the fact that this core has been playing together for quite a while now and are coming off 2 championships and 3 Finals appearances last season..

I want Powerade to win because I hate TnT but there is just no way TnT is going to let this one go.. they missed the grand slam last season.. they have a chance again this season.. and they'll be the first team to defend a All-Filipino title since the 80s..

they'll be the first team to defend an All-Filipino-American title since the 80s... ah eh may all-filipino players pa nga pala sila. ;D All-Filipino, All-Filipino, All-Filipino. pero si Ali Peek, I dont consider him Filipino, he refused to play in the national team before!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: Jan 21, 2012 at 04:01 PM »
I've been reading and hearing rumors that Kerby and Ababou are on their way to Ginebra.. Tubid and Canaleta going back to Barako (they played for the franchise when it was still Air21).. Intal will be moving to B-Meg..

Lakas ng Ginebra pag nagkataon. Balik tandem na kasi si Lito Alvarez at Bert Lina kaya simula na naman bentahan ng player. ;D

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: Jan 21, 2012 at 05:58 PM »

yahoo panalo tnt ko hehehehe  ;D
Love me or hate me.....

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: Jan 21, 2012 at 06:50 PM »
Bert "Pimp Daddy" Lina strikes gold again !!! ........ Latest player to be sold to SMC is bluechip rookie Dylan Ababou.

In other news: PBA Commisioner Chito Salud is still not convinced that Bert Lina is selling players.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #447 on: Jan 21, 2012 at 08:01 PM »
Bert "Pimp Daddy" Lina strikes gold again !!! ........ Latest player to be sold to SMC is bluechip rookie Dylan Ababou.

In other news: PBA Commisioner Chito Salud is still not convinced that Bert Lina is selling players.

hindi ba OBVIOUS? or the Commisioner is just keeping an eye closed.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: Jan 21, 2012 at 09:07 PM »
hindi ba OBVIOUS? or the Commisioner is just keeping an eye closed.

Hehe. No ..... Danding Cojuangco is keeping it closed for him.

PETRON Corporation Board of Directors

OT: That's Estelito Mendoza in the middle .... the greatest, most moral effin' lawyer in the whole world

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #449 on: Jan 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM »
I've been reading and hearing rumors that Kerby and Ababou are on their way to Ginebra.. Tubid and Canaleta going back to Barako (they played for the franchise when it was still Air21).. Intal will be moving to B-Meg..

heard this too. and from what i've read, pati yata si tenorio is on the trading block. but there are disclaimers (as always  ;D ). BUT, there were also disclaimers before maliksi and maierhofer where shipped to ginebra. and the rumors are persistent. let's wait and see...

there were also some rumors a few weeks back that the two wilsons of ginebra will be traded for sol mercado.  ???