Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 140713 times)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #480 on: Jan 29, 2012 at 08:02 PM »
TNT won, 110-101.. Larry Fonacier is Finals MVP.. if this was a close series, Gary David would have won Finals MVP even if his team lost..
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2012 at 08:04 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #481 on: Jan 29, 2012 at 08:35 PM »
TNT won, 110-101.. Larry Fonacier is Finals MVP.. if this was a close series, Gary David would have won Finals MVP even if his team lost..

Nice TNT wins as expected....

hindi po pwede manalo ng FINALS MVP if your team did not win the championship po
Love me or hate me.....

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #482 on: Jan 29, 2012 at 08:58 PM »
Nice TNT wins as expected....

hindi po pwede manalo ng FINALS MVP if your team did not win the championship po

Jerry West did that in the NBA.. I think it's possible kasi it's the media/reporters who vote on it.. wala naman yatang set na rule diyan.. and it was actually the media votes that gave Gary the BPC so it's not farfetched..
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2012 at 09:08 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #483 on: Jan 29, 2012 at 09:12 PM »
Jerry West did that in the NBA.. I think it's possible kasi it's the media/reporters who vote on it.. wala naman yatang set na rule diyan..

Story on mine – hindi gawa gawa hehe

I Myself won a FINALS MVP without us winning the FINALS when I was in 3rd year HighSchool which I was shock before when I played basketball in our province. Sabi ko sa sarili ko akala ko mythical five lang meron pa pala nito siguro dahil probinsya to mga taga maynila medyo sikat hahaha
1985 ako pinanganak 3rd year ko that was 200 or 2001
Kakahiya ipost ung tropy putol na agila sa taas haha

When watching NBA and PBA in my college days I’ve learn and saw all FINALS MVP was selected to the winning teams

Ngayon ko lang nalaman ung kay WEST
Sya lang ung una nakagawa nun siguro dahil dominated nya ung game
Pero sa lahat ngayon ng pinapanood ko

UAAP – NCAA – PBA – NBA

All finals mvp came with the winning team
Last na siguro ung kay west which was the very first time it happened
Sa PBA I can’t recall that It happened

Love me or hate me.....

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #484 on: Jan 30, 2012 at 11:04 AM »
Jerry West did that in the NBA.. I think it's possible kasi it's the media/reporters who vote on it.. wala naman yatang set na rule diyan.. and it was actually the media votes that gave Gary the BPC so it's not farfetched..

agree. naging mentality na lang kasi na the finals mvp SHOULD come from the winning team. parang sa best actor lang yan, dapat lagi ung lead star ang mananalo...except for Rod Navarro.  ;D
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #485 on: Feb 01, 2012 at 12:17 PM »

Coca-Cola franchise folding up?

http://www.philstar.com/sportsarticle.aspx?publicationsubcategoryid=69&articleid=773251&keyword=sp_pba

sana huwag mangyari... sayang eh... chance rin nila to win new fans...

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #486 on: Feb 01, 2012 at 01:23 PM »
^ Sad day for true PBA fans, if COKE does sell their PBA franchise.

However, JB Baylon is obviously the teams biggest believer and has always publicly defended the PBA franchise with corporate ..... POWERADE getting into the recent Finals will surely help his case.

Just yesterday, Baylon signed-up Gary David to a 3-year max salary contract extension.

Let's hope that COKE top management goes with Baylon and keeps the PBA franchise.

OT: Have seen many great COKE commercials the past few years ..... hope the 'guys' spare some of that creativity for POWERADE - I dont think they're getting any market share from giant GATORADE.
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2012 at 02:02 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #487 on: Feb 01, 2012 at 02:33 PM »
+1 JB Baylon's continued support and the way that Powerade is no longer a pushover means alot. Hope they stay in the PBA. =)

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #488 on: Feb 01, 2012 at 04:27 PM »
if the sale of the franchise is inevitable, i just hope that whoever buys it is not aligned with SMC, MVP and/or Bert Lina.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #489 on: Feb 01, 2012 at 04:46 PM »
oo nga. and they keep the team intact. minsan kasi ginagawa ng mga teams na nagpapa benta eh trade ang mga players na big contracts para maging mas mura ng kaunti ang cost para sa bibili ng team... para should they decide to buy the team eh competitive agad from day 1 =)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #490 on: Feb 01, 2012 at 05:36 PM »
if the sale of the franchise is inevitable, i just hope that whoever buys it is not aligned with SMC, MVP and/or Bert Lina.

baka yan ang mangyari tapos ibibigay na naman sa SMC yung magagaling tsk tsk tsk tigilan na ang PBA.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #491 on: Feb 01, 2012 at 05:58 PM »
anu balita sa trade nila kerby - intal - etc?
natuloy ba?
Love me or hate me.....

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #492 on: Feb 01, 2012 at 06:03 PM »
anu balita sa trade nila kerby - intal - etc?
natuloy ba?

matagal na pong approved.. back read lang po kayo, may link dun sa earlier posts..

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #493 on: Feb 01, 2012 at 08:25 PM »
matagal na pong approved.. back read lang po kayo, may link dun sa earlier posts..
my bad i thought it was just humors before
Love me or hate me.....

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #494 on: Feb 01, 2012 at 09:04 PM »
baka yan ang mangyari tapos ibibigay na naman sa SMC yung magagaling tsk tsk tsk tigilan na ang PBA.

oo nga eh. kahit na nagbe-benefit ung team na gusto ko, frankly, di din ako pabor sa ganung kalakaran. parang niloloko na lang nila nag tao.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #495 on: Feb 01, 2012 at 09:30 PM »
oo nga eh. kahit na nagbe-benefit ung team na gusto ko, frankly, di din ako pabor sa ganung kalakaran. parang niloloko na lang nila nag tao.

Kudos to you, or anyone who is a fan of the sport first, rather than a team fan.

That is the sad part about all of the lopsided trades, player movements, etc being blatantly done by SMC ... and to an extent, TnT.

The minority - us true fans of the sport are taken for a ride .... harap-harapang niloloko.

The majority - casual fans, fantards, groupies, etc ..... they are being taught that it's okay to manipulate just to win.

UPDATE: Some sad news. Apparently, the POWERADE franchise will be reverting soon to SMC ownership ...... SMC with first dibs whether they'll retain the team and become it's 4th franchise .... or they'll sell to another group.

« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2012 at 09:31 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #496 on: Feb 02, 2012 at 09:39 AM »
Kudos to you, or anyone who is a fan of the sport first, rather than a team fan.

thanks for that, sir.

UPDATE: Some sad news. Apparently, the POWERADE franchise will be reverting soon to SMC ownership ...... SMC with first dibs whether they'll retain the team and become it's 4th franchise .... or they'll sell to another group.

i hope they just sell it to another group. 4 out of 10 teams? that's a very big BS! i remember the tanduay franchise leaving the pba because it perceived the league to be an SMC league. i think even tim cone was very vocal about it. but he can't be vocal now because he is part of that group already.  :P

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #497 on: Feb 02, 2012 at 04:16 PM »
hya lalo ng nawalan ng saysay nag PBA, why would the league allos this, ih ope one owner make a very strong staement to correc this

i understand this is a commercial league and is business but the league should run this very professionally wiht the ultimate goal of making basketball loving fans enjoy the sport and emulate the players they idolize, they can still eran their profit but let the fans be partners as well.

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #498 on: Feb 02, 2012 at 06:24 PM »
I think if I understand the report correctly, it is the whole coca cola operations here in the philippines that was purchased back by the SMC group, just like what they did before it was purchased back by Atlanta. If that is the case then the PBA has no choice but to give this to the SMC group since they would own the mother company...

Unless the board says to SMC you can only have a maximum of 3 teams in the PBA and you have to sell this to another entity not affiliated with SMC... the problem is who would be interested in making the purchase since as far as I read they purchased the PBA franchise at 2x the cost at which they sold it before and of course di yan papayag na hindi kikita just in case mapilitan sila ng board na ibenta yung franchise...
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2012 at 06:25 PM by wacksy1021 »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #499 on: Feb 02, 2012 at 08:56 PM »
I think if I understand the report correctly, it is the whole coca cola operations here in the philippines that was purchased back by the SMC group, just like what they did before it was purchased back by Atlanta. If that is the case then the PBA has no choice but to give this to the SMC group since they would own the mother company...

Unless the board says to SMC you can only have a maximum of 3 teams in the PBA and you have to sell this to another entity not affiliated with SMC... the problem is who would be interested in making the purchase since as far as I read they purchased the PBA franchise at 2x the cost at which they sold it before and of course di yan papayag na hindi kikita just in case mapilitan sila ng board na ibenta yung franchise...

Dunno about the details about the sale back to SMC ....... seems like top local management (JB Baylon etal) were kept out of the dark also.

The only way that the sport wins ..... SMC should just sell PBA franchise to corporations with strong PBA interest e.g. CEBUANA LHULLIER or PHOENIX ..... the latter might be unlikely though, since it's a direct PETRON competitor ..... and everyone knows how Danding feels about competition. 

If SMC decides to keep POWERADE as their 4th PBA franchise ...... sad day for all true fans of the sport.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #500 on: Feb 02, 2012 at 09:17 PM »
Dunno about the details about the sale back to SMC ....... seems like top local management (JB Baylon etal) were kept out of the dark also.

The only way that the sport wins ..... SMC should just sell PBA franchise to corporations with strong PBA interest e.g. CEBUANA LHULLIER or PHOENIX ..... the latter might be unlikely though, since it's a direct PETRON competitor ..... and everyone knows how Danding feels about competition. 

If SMC decides to keep POWERADE as their 4th PBA franchise ...... sad day for all true fans of the sport.

phoenix has long been knocking on the door but the powers that be keep blocking them isnt it? it would have been nice seeing a new team independent of SMC or MVP teams. I would also love to see cebuana, they have always been a very strong team in leagues other than the pba.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #501 on: Feb 02, 2012 at 11:25 PM »
phoenix has long been knocking on the door but the powers that be keep blocking them isnt it? it would have been nice seeing a new team independent of SMC or MVP teams. I would also love to see cebuana, they have always been a very strong team in leagues other than the pba.

Yup, PHOENIX had a "very strong" franchise application a year ago ...... unfortunately, it was blocked by the SMC bloc (no pun intended) and it's pimp brother AIR21 .... courtesy of Bert "Pimp Daddy" Lina of course.

** PHOENIX did its homework early, establishing good relations with the PBA by sponsoring it's provincial road games for an entire season.

** Seven (7) votes by the PBA Board was all PHOENIX needed to get a PBA franchise (purchasing then George Chua's BARAKO BULL team) .... as expected, all 6 non-SMC teams were in favor .... while, SMC teams with Lina's AIR21 team voted against.

Thus, the PBA board turned down PHOENIX's franchise application with a final tally of 6-4.

** Looking closely, there is some history behind this SMC voting bloc. Previously, the SMC group was only alloted 2 votes - one for SMB and one for GINEBRA ..... PUREFOODS had no voting rights.

This was done, specifically to prevent any majority bloc voting for important matters such as franchise applications, awards votes, rule changes, etc.

However, when Bert "Pimp Daddy" Lina's prodigy, Lito Alavarez became PBA chairman ..... he initiated rules, giving PUREFOODS voting rights in the PBA board.

Thus, PUREFOODS got its voting rights .... together with SMB, GINEBRA & AIR21 votes ..... equals majority control of the PBA board.

Just to be sure, Commisioner Chito Salud will always be there to lend a helping hand to his SMC comrades.

OT: Lito Alvarez was the same buffoon appointed by PNOY to head the Burea Of Customs ...... only to be fired one year later, due to gross negligence and suspicious activities.

================================================================================

I myself favor a team such as CEBUANA LHULLIER entering the PBA.

Having a known provincial team in the PBA, would spur basketball passions in the south - much like the MAMA's LOVE team from many years ago.

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #502 on: Feb 03, 2012 at 09:00 AM »
http://www.philstar.com/sportsarticle.aspx?publicationsubcategoryid=69&articleid=773890&keyword=sp_pba

Tigers stay for the rest of season

hopefully at the end of the day they win the votes of those in the board of Coke that the PBA is a good marketing venue for powerade and coca cola as a whole.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #503 on: Feb 04, 2012 at 07:38 PM »
looks like Powerade is gone.. rumors are going around that they just traded Marcio Lassiter to Petron.. Doug Kramer, Josh Vanlandingham and Gary David are pissed based on their latest tweets.. the sale of the team to SMC may be blocked by the board but the players are a different matter.. I'm a Petron fan but I'm done.. NBA na lang ako.. Go Lakers! ;D

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #504 on: Feb 04, 2012 at 08:14 PM »
looks like Powerade is gone.. rumors are going around that they just traded Marcio Lassiter to Petron.. Doug Kramer, Josh Vanlandingham and Gary David are pissed based on their latest tweets.. the sale of the team to SMC may be blocked by the board but the players are a different matter.. I'm a Petron fan but I'm done.. NBA na lang ako.. Go Lakers! ;D

awww thats bull$$hit after climbing to finals being 8 seed
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2012 at 08:15 PM by raider125jeigh »
Love me or hate me.....

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #505 on: Feb 04, 2012 at 08:24 PM »

Looks like Lassiter was indeed "dealt" to PETRON.... complete and blatant BS.

It's likely that PETRON Director este PBA Comm Chito Salud will approve this one.... Just like the many BS trades that SMC had done through the years.

May you live forever Danding.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #506 on: Feb 04, 2012 at 09:04 PM »
well, it seems that the manipulation, ooppsss...trade, is not yet over. what could be next for the SMC franchise....who'll be the next player to jump to the SMC wagon? let's see....

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #507 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 10:34 AM »
nag step down na ba as independent director of SMC si comm. salud?

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #508 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 12:52 PM »
well, it seems that the manipulation, ooppsss...trade, is not yet over. what could be next for the SMC franchise....who'll be the next player to jump to the SMC wagon? let's see....

ayaw talaga magpatalo sa TNT :)
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #509 on: Feb 07, 2012 at 03:00 PM »
are naturalized pinoys still considered as foreigners and, thus, are considered as imports? i asked this because marcus douthit is the import of air21 this coming conference.