Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 141022 times)

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 377
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #930 on: Jul 05, 2012 at 02:51 PM »
Same gut feeling here ...... Don Allado might have already been contemplating retirement, when he made those rants.

IMO the 1-conference ban on Allado was sufficient enough ...... the 500K fine is just too much, since Allado won't be receiving salaries during the ban period.

I know of a hell lot more PBA personalities (e.g. N O L I E A L A) who deserves a lifetime PBA ban for ACTUALLY destroying the integrity of the sport .... not just the league.

Heck, the mofo was already disbarred by his own noble profession for being an immoral person.

==============================================================================

Funny that PBA Comm. Cheato Salud went down hard on Don Allado ..... who obviously was just ranting after a very bad loss, in which a ref was actually suspended for bad call/s ..... ika nga, naglabas nang sama nang loob bilang player na dehado sa tawagan. 

Meanwhile, ALASKA team owner Steve Uytengsu (a much respected business leader & sports patron) has time and time again, challenged Salud to go hard after VERY OBVIOUS salary cap violators ...... doing VERY OBVIOUS player selling/buying.

What does Cheato Salud do? ..... wala. 

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #931 on: Jul 05, 2012 at 08:43 PM »
i feel for allado. masyado ata mabigat ung penalty sa kanya. although i understand why Cheato Salud imposed a very heavy penalty --- the integrity of the PBA, or the very little of what's left of it,  was attacked by allado. parang defending his territory na lang si salud.

nakaka-awa si allado in his interview. in the verge of tears pa.

just thinking....paano kaya kung isang taga-SMC team ang nagsabi nun? would the same penalty be imposed???
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #932 on: Jul 06, 2012 at 07:09 AM »

just thinking....paano kaya kung isang taga-SMC team ang nagsabi nun? would the same penalty be imposed???

Not likely ...... nambato nga nang bola sa mukha ang PETRON import - yet, Cheato Salud did not suspend the import like he did with other similar offenders.

I recall a Finals game between SMB and GINEBRA years ago ..... SMB lost that game, afterwards Danny Ildefonso was caught on camera shouting "Luto ..... Lutong Makaw!" over and over again ...... of course, no PBA official called him to explain.
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2012 at 07:28 AM by newwaveboy »

Offline jericm

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #933 on: Jul 06, 2012 at 07:58 AM »
500k for 5 tweets...... :o @ 100k per tweet  ;D
Toshiba 47XL700
Pioneer 420DV
SVS SB12NSD
Onkyo TX-SR600
Bose Accoustimass 7
Egreat S7A Pro

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #934 on: Jul 06, 2012 at 09:57 AM »
and now, the PBA party list is pushing for a legislative inquiry into the game fixing allegation. election time! media mileage...

here's my take on the game fixing issue --- as far as I can see, i don't think there is game fixing in the PBA (the association). I just want to emphasize that this is just my personal view. However, as far as player movement manipulation is concerned, I believe that there is. in fact, it is very blatant. and the powers that be in the association is not doing anything about it. on the contrary, they are very much involved in it.

don allado will be dragged in it, definitely. and i don't think his recantation will change the minds of the PBA party list.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #935 on: Jul 06, 2012 at 11:20 AM »
damage done

time for damage control.

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #936 on: Jul 08, 2012 at 08:21 PM »
Nice win by the ginebra over petron. Kumpletos rekados ang tribute nila para kay jawo.  :)

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #937 on: Jul 08, 2012 at 09:29 PM »
Never Say Die Inspired win by Barangay Ginebra...whewww muntik nakong atakehin dun ha? ngayon lang uli ako nakapanood ng ganong ka intense na laban, Sulit na sulit sa mga nakapanood ng live!

May nabibili nga bang Retro Jersey ng Ginebra? halos lahat ng audience e naka jawo jersey  :)
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline wengkapre

• DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
« Reply #938 on: Jul 09, 2012 at 10:15 AM »

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2654
« Reply #939 on: Jul 09, 2012 at 10:18 AM »
^dadami ulit manonood pag bumalik yan ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #940 on: Jul 09, 2012 at 10:58 AM »
buti na lang they BGK won the game... special night for jawo and ginebra and the PBA as a whole eh. buti na lang talaga they managed to pull that one off.

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #941 on: Jul 09, 2012 at 11:07 AM »
isa na ako dun sir.  ;D

Offline wengkapre

• DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
« Reply #942 on: Jul 10, 2012 at 09:43 AM »

Nagpahaging na nga po Sir e  ;)

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #943 on: Jul 10, 2012 at 02:09 PM »
i do hope he comes back to coach ginebra again. siot is not doing a good job,especially on player rotation. jawo is known to be a master of motivating his players.

but more than that, i think jawo will stand his own ground. tingin ko hindi magpapa-gamit at hindi magpapa-uto kay lover boy yan. he is very particular with observing protocols. that's why he left ginebra in the first place.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #944 on: Jul 10, 2012 at 02:54 PM »
i do hope he comes back to coach ginebra again. siot is not doing a good job,especially on player rotation. jawo is known to be a master of motivating his players.

but more than that, i think jawo will stand his own ground. tingin ko hindi magpapa-gamit at hindi magpapa-uto kay lover boy yan. he is very particular with observing protocols. that's why he left ginebra in the first place.

Yup, Jaworski felt slighted when the Danding-boys were about to take over the BGK team e.g. Caidic, etc .... of course, by that time he was already committed to politics.

Siot actually did a good job during his first stint with BGK many years ago ...... back when BGK had a lean roster. He won a couple of championships for BGK, despite having an underdog lineup.

It's very obvious that Siot has difficulty handling an ultra-loaded roster (both top-heavy & deep) ...... same as Ato Agustin & Jong Uichico.

I can safely say that Jong Uichico has the most ming-boggling player rotation of all ..... which could explain why his protege Siot, has the same baffling rotations.

Tim Cone (and his then protege Chot Reyes) is the absolute master when handling a team, loaded or not ...... Cone will always keep his rotations fixed and tight w/ only 8-10 players playing ...... his championship resume speaks for itself.

Back to Jaworski ...... it's definite that the PBA will see a positive spike in it's lagging audience, should Jawo come back to coaching.

Jawo was actually offered a head-coaching job a few years ago, by Bert Lina's FEDEX/AIR21 team ..... no one knows the exact reasons why he refused the offer then. Maybe he get's the itch back this time.

Should Jawo stay retired ...... IMO the best one who very closely approximates Jawo's coaching style (and who would make a very good fit) is kalbo himself .... Yeng Guiao.

In many ways, Guiao is actually superior to Jaworski's coaching skills.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2012 at 02:56 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #945 on: Jul 10, 2012 at 02:56 PM »
I really don't see him coaching anymore.. the SMC teams are being run by executives nowadays.. there's no way those people are ever going to let go of the power they have right now.. I see Jawo running for senator once again, though.. you'll probably be hearing his name in some of the parties' unofficial slates..

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #946 on: Jul 10, 2012 at 03:06 PM »
Yup, Jaworski felt slighted when the Danding-boys were about to take over the BGK team e.g. Caidic, etc .... of course, by that time he was already committed to politics.

his entering politics was perfect timing. it overshadowed the "tampo" he had

Siot actually did a good job during his first stint with BGK many years ago ...... back when BGK had a lean roster. He won a couple of championships for BGK, despite having an underdog lineup.

siot's team indeed had a lean roster back then. but the core of that team is still there...except for menk who is a very far cry from the menk we saw back then. siot even suffered five consecutive losses to begin his career as head coach.

Back to Jaworski ...... it's definite that the PBA will see a positive spike in it's lagging audience, should Jawo come back to coaching.

agree. ang lakas pa rin ng hatak nya sa tao. that was evident last sunday during his jersey retirement ceremony.

Should Jawo stay retired ...... IMO the best one who very closely approximates Jawo's coaching style (and who would make a very good fit) is kalbo himself .... Yeng Guiao.

In many ways, Guiao is actually superior to Jaworski's coaching skills.

skills, yes. but charisma? a big NO.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #947 on: Jul 10, 2012 at 03:26 PM »

skills, yes. but charisma? a big NO.

No one will ever top Jawo when it comes to charisma & crowd impact, both as a player and as a coach.

However, no one comes close to Guiao (and Jawo) when it comes to motivating unheralded players and getting results from a lean roster. 

Yeng Guiao's perceived lack of charisma is largely a product of him being always on the opposite-side of the popular SMC teams.

He has always been a huge rival (with his then over-achieving RED BULL teams) of the past SMC teams ..... the popular-crowd will always go against the main obstacle e.g. Guiao, Cardona, etc.

I'm very sure the BGK crowd will roar in appreciation should historical thorns like Guiao, Cardona, etc somehow find themselves in the GINEBRA team ....... can't look any farther than Ronald Tubid for evidence.

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #948 on: Jul 13, 2012 at 08:39 AM »
Jawo for PBA Commissioner! =)

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #949 on: Jul 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM »
the gin kings are on a roll....and what a time for them to click.

i thought they will be using the retro uniform beginning last sunday..

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #950 on: Jul 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM »
Magaganda laban mamaya...

RoS vs B-Meg

Ginebra vs TnT

Both games are very critical to the four teams. Sana makapanood.

:)

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #951 on: Jul 18, 2012 at 03:01 PM »
Magaganda laban mamaya...

RoS vs B-Meg

Ginebra vs TnT

Both games are very critical to the four teams. Sana makapanood.

:)

oo nga. the winner of the 1st game eh welcome to the finals na. the loser of the first game will have to slug it out with the winner of the 2nd game para sa 2nd finals slot =)

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #952 on: Jul 18, 2012 at 03:30 PM »
** ROS needs to have a defining breakthrough win ...... a win today will get them a first-ever Finals slot ...... a win today, will also affirm that Yeng Guiao's no-star system remains relevant.

ROS will be hard-pressed to win though ...... earlier reports state that both Paul Lee and Jeff Chan are injured - if they ever play, they'll likely be limited on the court.

** The 2nd game should be a dandy ...... aside from the potential Finals stint, a loss for BGK will likely derail Mark Caguioa's MVP chances and win it for Gary David.

I cant recall any PBA MVP winner, not playing in any Finals during his MVP season.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #953 on: Jul 18, 2012 at 08:16 PM »
not a good way to leave the PBA for Chot Reyes.. a bad call took away the 2nd conference crown and just now, he lost to Ginebra by just 2 points.. that's gotta be tough to leave behind.. still, a good run for him..

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #954 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 07:30 AM »
** ROS needs to have a defining breakthrough win ...... a win today will get them a first-ever Finals slot ...... a win today, will also affirm that Yeng Guiao's no-star system remains relevant.

ROS will be hard-pressed to win though ...... earlier reports state that both Paul Lee and Jeff Chan are injured - if they ever play, they'll likely be limited on the court.

** The 2nd game should be a dandy ...... aside from the potential Finals stint, a loss for BGK will likely derail Mark Caguioa's MVP chances and win it for Gary David.

I cant recall any PBA MVP winner, not playing in any Finals during his MVP season.

jeff chan played big yesterday and ROS is now in the finals.

bgk will slug it out with bmeg for the other finals slot. hopefully mc47 is able to get his game going against bmeg.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #955 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 07:54 AM »

jeff chan played big yesterday and ROS is now in the finals.

bgk will slug it out with bmeg for the other finals slot. hopefully mc47 is able to get his game going against bmeg.

Through the years, Tim Cone has generally done well in setting defenses to limit Mark Caguioa ..... the last two games against BMEG, Caguioa had some of his worst games this season.

If Siot doesn't think of something new (Caguioa usually receives the ball on top, where BMEG will limit him with quick double-teaming) ...... it'll be a long night for his team.

It's cliche' ..... but BGK just needs solid contributions from many guys, to win ..... like their big semis win against PETRON.

===========================================================================

Jeff Chan did play big ...... good for him & ROS that they finally made the PBA Finals. Anytime a non-SMC & MVP team does well, it's good news for the health of the sport (hehe .... dalawa na lang pala sila nang ALASKA).

However, if I were ROS, I'd prefer facing BGK than BMEG in the Finals ...... Tim Cone is very wise - should BMEG enter the Finals, he won't ever allow the same quick start by ROS to happen again.

IMO, BGK will be "easier" to deal with - just because Yeng Guiao almost always outcoaches Siot Tanquincen.

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #956 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 08:23 AM »
Through the years, Tim Cone has generally done well in setting defenses to limit Mark Caguioa ..... the last two games against BMEG, Caguioa had some of his worst games this season.

If Siot doesn't think of something new (Caguioa usually receives the ball on top, where BMEG will limit him with quick double-teaming) ...... it'll be a long night for his team.

It's cliche' ..... but BGK just needs solid contributions from many guys, to win ..... like their big semis win against PETRON.

===========================================================================

Jeff Chan did play big ...... good for him & ROS that they finally made the PBA Finals. Anytime a non-SMC & MVP team does well, it's good news for the health of the sport (hehe .... dalawa na lang pala sila nang ALASKA).

However, if I were ROS, I'd prefer facing BGK than BMEG in the Finals ...... Tim Cone is very wise - should BMEG enter the Finals, he won't ever allow the same quick start by ROS to happen again.

IMO, BGK will be "easier" to deal with - just because Yeng Guiao almost always outcoaches Siot Tanquincen.

i hope ROS wins this conference. =)

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #957 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 08:33 AM »
^ ROS will be the Finals underdog either way (BMEG or BGK) ..... last night's game showed that more than a few ROS players still get rattled nerves in the clutch.

Still, I'm with you ...... I also hope that ROS wins it's first one.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #958 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 08:56 AM »

ginebra always has a hard time against b-meg. marc caguioa being stopped is not the only problem of bgk. siot can just make him a decoy for every ginebra play to set up the others. the other problem for ginebra is the other marc --- pingris. their last game showed this. they just can't seem to find the right match for him. the only thing i can think of to stop him is to get into his nerves. and kerby is the best guy to do that.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #959 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 09:17 AM »
ginebra always has a hard time against b-meg. marc caguioa being stopped is not the only problem of bgk. siot can just make him a decoy for every ginebra play to set up the others. the other problem for ginebra is the other marc --- pingris. their last game showed this. they just can't seem to find the right match for him. the only thing i can think of to stop him is to get into his nerves. and kerby is the best guy to do that.

nurse ba si kerby brader? ;D ;D ;D
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus