Author Topic: Sony bdp-s380 for 8k?  (Read 3330 times)

Offline kangkaroth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Sony bdp-s380 for 8k?
« on: Nov 16, 2011 at 04:34 PM »
i saw this in a Sony shop in makati. I am new to this so i dont really know if this is a good deal. i dont have a hd player yet so heto sana hanap ko for now. My plan is probably to play some blueray discs and mkv files here and there. is this a good deal or would you guys recommend something else? Thanks in advance

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sony bdp-s380 for 8k?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 04:50 PM »
i saw this in a Sony shop in makati. I am new to this so i dont really know if this is a good deal. i dont have a hd player yet so heto sana hanap ko for now. My plan is probably to play some blueray discs and mkv files here and there. is this a good deal or would you guys recommend something else? Thanks in advance

Saw this model as well. Check BD players available in Ansons Makati, there are more available brands and models in that branch. Price as low as Php 6990.00 for Samsung BD D5100. Discounts for cash buyer too.

I think this player supports remote control using Android and Apple's IOS phones/devices. It sipports wifi as well aside from wired connection.

Offline kangkaroth

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 04:57 PM »
thanks sa reply sir, i'll check there. kaya ko naisip na sony kase sony din yung tv ko. or it doesnt matter na magkaiba sila?

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 05:07 PM »
thanks sa reply sir, i'll check there. kaya ko naisip na sony kase sony din yung tv ko. or it doesnt matter na magkaiba sila?

The only thing that I can think if you get the same brand is compatibility of using remote control and use Sony's build in proprietary application if any.

Based on the online review it doesn't support DivX and it doesn't have DLNA (support of playback of media files from your PC).

Offline kangkaroth

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 05:23 PM »
thanks for helping me out on this sir. so si d5100 has dlna(para san ba to? heheh)

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 06:55 PM »
thanks for helping me out on this sir. so si d5100 has dlna(para san ba to? heheh)

Connect your PC and BD player through your home network using wired LAN or WIFI. You can access your media files from your PC and playback these files in your TV.

If you mobile phone supports DLNA, you can playback media files from this device as well.

Offline kangkaroth

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2011 at 07:27 AM »
Thanks sir, i went to ansons last night and saw the samsungd5100 which i agree is little better than the s380. mas mura pa...

are there any other places where i can get players along that budget? para kaseng kokonte yung choices e. Thanks again sir philander for explaining things to a noob. :-)

Offline widowmaker

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2011 at 03:12 PM »
Eyeing this one too.  Well, basically, to compliment my Sony LED.  Seems to be a pretty nice entry-level player: http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/blu-ray-players/

Offline widowmaker

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2011 at 07:57 AM »
Any particular store where you've seen this model currently available?  I'm trying to get one too, but it seems it's all for order only.

Offline kangkaroth

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 10:47 AM »
ansons besides landmark makati. they have samsung bd5100 too. im planning to get the samsung instead, it has better specs and cheaper pa

Offline kangkaroth

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 11:56 AM »
wala na rin palang samsung sa ansons makati... di ko natanong yung sony sir

Offline widowmaker

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 12:30 PM »
Stocks of this model seem so hard to get by these days.  Actually, almost all Sony BD players are for order, 1-2 weeks if Sony Philippines have it on stock.

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM »
OOT:

I was initially UNIMPRESSED with my Samsung BD-5100. But after comparison with video quality of my 3 sources: Build-in USB of my Panasonic Plasma 42X30, HTPC and the Samsung BD-5100. Wow the picture quality is amazing, it really UPSCALES SD sources and the 24 FPS/Hz is real-like image quality. I never thought that the build-in media player of my Panasonic Plasma is mediacore, but when I playback my video files from the Samsung BD-5100, wow the difference is night and day.

May mga online seller ata na nagbebenta ng Samsung BD-5100 for only Php 4.5K here. I bought mine for 4.4K from a fellow PDVD member plus of course the 6-months Blupass.

This is a very good alternative to NMTs, it doesnt have that flashy interface that the fact that it can play BD and DVD/VCD/CD media/discs and upscales in almost perfect video quality.. I guess those matter most.

Offline kangkaroth

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 02:34 PM »
thanks for the very detailed feedback sir. i needed that. i think i saw that ad before kaya lang i was very new then and didnt know it was a good deal. now, im still hunting and getting frustrated na din, hehehe. i called a number of anson's branches, and they all ran out of stocks. i am now opting to get an NMT then buy a bdp from the states na lang. atleast i have something to use while waiting for the bdp. i'll give myself a week, kung wala pa, nmt muna. :-)

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 02:53 PM »
You can get the numbers of other branches of Ansons from Makati branch. Pwede ka pa nga magpatanong kung saang Ansons may available.

Same thing for Abenson, Automatic/Sogo and Western Appliances. You can call their offices/inventory or wharehouse for product availability. Medyo maraming calls nga lang. I always do this pag may need ako na item at wala sa mga branches na napupuntahan ko, sometimes pinapadeliver ko pa sa preferred branch ko...

thanks for the very detailed feedback sir. i needed that. i think i saw that ad before kaya lang i was very new then and didnt know it was a good deal. now, im still hunting and getting frustrated na din, hehehe. i called a number of anson's branches, and they all ran out of stocks. i am now opting to get an NMT then buy a bdp from the states na lang. atleast i have something to use while waiting for the bdp. i'll give myself a week, kung wala pa, nmt muna. :-)

Offline kangkaroth

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 03:47 PM »
thanks sir Philander... i called all branches of ansons and all of them ran out of separately sold 5100s. nakipagdeal na ako sa mga "promodizers" and hopefully may kumagat before friday.

try ko pa sa western and automatic, pero i doubt kung meron. sa ansons lang ako nakakita ng nakahiwalay e.

@widowmaker, meron daw s380 sa alabang town center abensons brand at P7999. sa sony center glorietta 1 pala i think meron din sir.

Offline kangkaroth

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 04:04 PM »
samsung bdd5100
available at
Western Appliances at the following branches!

Trinoma
Recto
Commonwelt
Caloocan
Tuazon
Mega
Ghills
makati

6990, pede pa terms! sa wakas