Author Topic: Surplus amps  (Read 991121 times)

Offline edrel sison

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: Surplus amps
« Reply #2760 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 01:31 PM »
okey lang, yung akin e baka sakali lang.... ;D

anyway, if there is a vintage gear i would like to collect, that would be the Pioneer SPEC1 AND SPEC2......i will buy them in any condition, basta mukhang komplete sa labas.... ;D

tony i had the chance to buy those pioneer models but i never knew you wanted them. sayang...

Offline kid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2761 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 11:18 PM »
went to pier last month to buy a replacement for my cdp... didn't find a good one... deym... ended up getting a kenwood cdp again  :(

Offline iamlistening

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2762 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 09:38 AM »
I saw a sansui 7070 and sansui 8010 receiver selling for 5K, without the haggling. Has anybody tried these? are these receivers any good?

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #2763 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:43 AM »
I saw a sansui 7070 and sansui 8010 receiver selling for 5K, without the haggling. Has anybody tried these? are these receivers any good?

bro. there are sansui sites like www.sansui.us or other vintage sites - www.thevintageknob.org www.classicsansui.net or www.audiokarma.org. check them out kung walang mag-reply sa post mo

or pm sandawa southpeak dana and other members who often post in this thread
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:44 AM by ojof00l »

Offline iamlistening

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2764 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:59 AM »
Thanks. :) How is a receiver different from an integrated amp, on the amplifier part? :) Aside from the receiver having a tuner, does the amplifier of a receiver differ from the amplifier of an integrated amp? Bago lang kasi e.hehehe.

I am thinking of buying another integrated amplifier that has a better output than my current one and I am thinking of buying a receiver, after auditioning it, just because it is a sansui and has a greater rated output.hehe

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2765 on: Sep 12, 2009 at 05:00 PM »
tony i had the chance to buy those pioneer models but i never knew you wanted them. sayang...

edrel, please tell me kung gustong i dispose nung nakabile...... ;D
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline iamlistening

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2766 on: Sep 21, 2009 at 05:24 PM »
I have a sansui au-1100. Lower version of the sansui professional series. It says that the microphone and the headphone jacks are loaded. What does this mean? Thanks. :)

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2767 on: Sep 22, 2009 at 12:11 PM »
I have a sansui au-1100. Lower version of the sansui professional series. It says that the microphone and the headphone jacks are loaded. What does this mean? Thanks. :)

did you get info from translation? >>>

http://images.google.com.ph/imgres?imgurl=http://audio-heritage.jp/SANSUI/amp/au-1100.JPG&imgrefurl=http://audio-heritage.jp/SANSUI/amp/au-1100.html&usg=__g1sw6sGDd0IpkJUTIJRL5diy0WA=&h=276&w=676&sz=22&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=tijWZ1Xueg5OrM:&tbnh=57&tbnw=139&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsansui%2Bau-1100%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

if so, dont take it literally. minsan "iba" ang pagkaka-"translate". maraming na ako nabasang transalated info na di ko maintindihan, parang "nonsense"

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #2768 on: Sep 22, 2009 at 02:56 PM »

i think it simply means that it has mic and phone jacks.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2769 on: Sep 22, 2009 at 03:22 PM »
google has a better translation.
DESCRIPTION

Integrated Amplifier with enough power and rich functionality.

It employs a highly stable fully equipped dual-transistor output stage characteristics, and get broadband over power stable circuit configuration and are complementary methods that net direct streamer low distortion.
In addition, holding the entire circuit + -2 harmful distortion from low to high frequencies by the power supply is getting stable operation. Also, + - use the power, and will reduce the clicking noise that occurs when switching the switch.

The Equalizer section is a combination of carefully selected parts and Ronoizutoranjisuta has adopted two-stage direct circuit has low noise and low distortion.

Tone Control Division has adopted a click-stop, two-stage amplifier and direct tone of voice characteristics of CR is obtained by type tone control circuit.

Equipped with a microphone mixing circuit. 取Ri出Se from the terminal mixing voice recording, you can also adjust the microphone level.

Equipped with electronic circuitry and relay protection circuits.

The input selector uses a push-button touch.

High filter, loudness, speaker switching switch, tape monitor, mode switch, headphone jack, and is equipped with a microphone level.

Offline iamlistening

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2770 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 10:56 AM »
Thank you for the reply. :) Yes, I got the information from the translated site.I was just wondering what it means.hehe.

Anyway, the amplifier looks like the picture above. No scratches and all the lettering are intact. In fact I think it was never been used, which is highly doubtful since the amp is older than I am. :)

It sounds very neutral, unlike the onkyo that I have. I do not get tired listening to it, and I could hear the more details compared to the onkyo integra A-722.

When I went to the pier, last weekend, they had a sansui power amplifier BA-150, one guy has already paid for it and it was reserved by him ( paid (6K) for it). I got the AU-1100 for only 2k. I was considering the AU-707 but the guy would not budge with his 6.5K price. So I kinda jump on the AU-1100 when i saw it was only selling for 2k.hehehe. Did I get the better bargain?

Offline dana

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #2771 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 11:10 AM »
You did nice sir with your Au-1100.
You dont need too much power for home listening envionment.
For the price, oks na oks yan.
Open the gear and use compress air/brush  to clean.
Show the insides if you have the time.
Enjoy your gear! :)

« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2009 at 11:15 AM by dana »

Offline iamlistening

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2772 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 12:28 PM »
Sure sir. Will upload the pictures of the inside next time. :)

Offline southpeak

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Desiderata
  • Liked:
« Reply #2773 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 07:30 PM »
Sure sir. Will upload the pictures of the inside next time. :)

hello iamlistening, are you somehow related to "now hear this"? sorry, cant help it. that was a joke..  :)
welcome to the world of vintage hifi. congrats on your new sansui au-1100. what can i say, a sansui is a sansui..
when you've taken pictures of your new toy, would you like to join us here?..

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=92560.0

everybody is welcome. goodluck on your next hunt .. ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2009 at 03:36 PM by southpeak »

Offline xapud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2774 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 10:30 PM »
Hello Everyone. I have an OLD AVR http://audio-database.com/DENON-COLUMBIA/amp/avc-2000-e.html. I have tried connecting old speakers (from a mini component) and the sound is good. Any input on how to make use of it will be appreciated, like is it worth buying speakers to match this equipment, what speakers shall i get. Right now my setup is laptop (Dell Studio) with HDMI and Pana 37x10, i am just using the monitor out (Audio) of the TV going into the AVR. Is this better than buying HTIB?

Your ideas will be highly appreciated. TIA.

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2775 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 09:03 AM »
Hello Everyone. I have an OLD AVR http://audio-database.com/DENON-COLUMBIA/amp/avc-2000-e.html. I have tried connecting old speakers (from a mini component) and the sound is good. Any input on how to make use of it will be appreciated, like is it worth buying speakers to match this equipment, what speakers shall i get. Right now my setup is laptop (Dell Studio) with HDMI and Pana 37x10, i am just using the monitor out (Audio) of the TV going into the AVR. Is this better than buying HTIB?

Your ideas will be highly appreciated. TIA.

sir im not sure if your post belongs here ("surplus amp" thread) kindly pm moderator what appropriate thread tnx

Offline allan1836

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2776 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 04:08 PM »
I just had my Harman Kardon 330C receiver restored with new caps and output transistor. Before restoration it sounded very good for a 20w/ch rms hi current amp. I'm excited to hear the "restored to new" version when I get my hands on it this week.  ::)

Does anyone here has experience on vintage h/k amps? I found the sound to my liking, even better than some Sansui, Pioneer, Marantz vintage amps I had before. It's more tube like to me, warm, smooth but detailed and airy much like the old Denons I had before also.  :)

Offline Lord Foo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2777 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 05:52 PM »
Hey there is an HK 330c for sale at one of the thrift shops in cubao Marikina Expo.
A few months ago, binibigay na sa akin for 2500 but was not in the market for an amplifier so i let it pass. It is working and is still there i think and they are using the unit as their regular store amplifier.

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2778 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 05:55 PM »
i had a TOTL hk930 receiver, tinamad ako ipa-restore sold it to orlan for 3.5k yata  ;D
ganda ng tunog hk+ meron pa usermanual and schematic online

Offline edocampo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2779 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 08:31 AM »
Hello braders,
Saan po kayo nagpapa-restore ng vintage gears ninyo?

I have a Marantz 4025 due for restoration, di ko alam saan ko dadalhin.

maraming salamat po

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2780 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 09:25 AM »
Hey there is an HK 330c for sale at one of the thrift shops in cubao Marikina Expo.
A few months ago, binibigay na sa akin for 2500 but was not in the market for an amplifier so i let it pass. It is working and is still there i think and they are using the unit as their regular store amplifier.

Saw that too, but wasn't looking for an amp at the time also. Good enough condition, maybe not for the main system for some people but definitely something to keep if you have th cash and the space.

Offline iamlistening

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2781 on: Oct 15, 2009 at 10:59 AM »
I saw that one in cubao expo. It is a KK 330 B. If you are in that area there is an MSM store that sells surplus form the states. They have Sansui vintage tuners. They also have vintage speakers :)

Offline iamlistening

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2782 on: Oct 15, 2009 at 10:59 AM »
Sorry, I meant HK 330B. :)

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2783 on: Oct 15, 2009 at 11:23 AM »
I saw that one in cubao expo. It is a KK 330 B. If you are in that area there is an MSM store that sells surplus form the states. They have Sansui vintage tuners. They also have vintage speakers :)

may analog sansui ba na TU-???... nandun kaya ang matagal ko na inaasam ?  ::) ;D

Offline iamlistening

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2784 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 09:38 AM »
Merun sila TU-7070 at TU-810 (US model number ata) :) Selling for 5K. Merun din sila Pioneer A-717, yung honey comb yung heat sink, na integrated  :( Medyo mahal nga lang. OT pero baka may interesado.( May Boston A70 speakers sila at HD9 speakers din)

Offline dnk

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2785 on: Oct 23, 2009 at 04:09 PM »
Guys,

Saw a "Koss" SS power amp. Clean front face and heavy-gat construction. may binding post sa likod a 2 headphone jacks sa harap. model no. A01. I found no info on the net on this one. OK kaya to?

Cheers!

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2786 on: Oct 23, 2009 at 04:49 PM »
Since very little is known about the Koss power amp it may not be the right time to take your chances. Try and look around for other amps in the vicinity. Something better might show up. When I was there last week I saw a Pioneer M-73 power amp, Technics SU-V9 int amp, Sony TA-F6 int amp, Sony TA-F7 (VFET) int amp, Yamaha A-1 int amp just to name a few.
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2009 at 04:55 PM by rascal101 »

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2787 on: Oct 23, 2009 at 04:52 PM »
I also saw 2pcs each of NEC A-700 and NEC A-300PRO. There seems to be a great deal of relatively good amps these days. Who knows what we may see in the next coming days?

Offline dnk

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2788 on: Oct 23, 2009 at 04:59 PM »
according to Wiki, Koss started an electronics company in the 80s that went bankrupt. baka yung A-01 ang dahilan  ;D

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2789 on: Oct 23, 2009 at 05:18 PM »
Koss at jap.surplus? afaik, koss= headphones and speakers. ewan lang kung gumawa sila ng amplifiers.