Author Topic: Surplus amps  (Read 991107 times)

Offline escy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Surplus amps
« Reply #2430 on: Jun 05, 2008 at 06:54 PM »
Salamat! Bibisita ko isang araw.

Offline ricochet315

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re:Surplus amps
« Reply #2431 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 10:01 PM »
good find. You might want to bring it to Hyperaudio for some fine tuning. Matagal naka stock yan.

Where is the exact address of Hyperaudio?
Always Do The Harder Right And Not The Easier Wrong

Offline rpm

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2432 on: Jul 04, 2008 at 09:58 AM »
calatagan st. corner filmore st., makati city, beside Ricky Reyes Salon, back of cash and carry. Look for rene rivo.

Offline terii

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2433 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 08:44 PM »
607 NRA2:
9/09/2000 price 65000 yen,07/01/2001 price 59800 yen,14/04/2004 price 59800 yen,02/01/2008 price 89800 yen

a 607 NRA2 is on sale at hfido, the second one since the beginning of the year

http://www.hifido.co.jp/KWsansui/G1/P0/A10/E/0-10/S0/C08-38454-23777-00/
sony CDP R3 ,préam vincent SA-3,sansui B2301,infinity renaissance90

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2434 on: Jul 26, 2008 at 05:34 AM »
I wonder who has an AU-D907X for sale?

Offline southpeak

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Desiderata
  • Liked:
KENWOOD KA-9100
« Reply #2435 on: Aug 18, 2008 at 09:02 AM »

“PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, HOPE” virtues “bakaleneos” must have.
Yesterday when whole of metro manila was preparing itself for an afternoon siesta, the owner of this magnificent machine decided to post it for sale with an incredulous asking price AND a pioneer tuner as freeby. I was also preparing to rest with my children but then decided to go on line for just a quick look on my favorite hunting sites. I was not expecting too much because I’m aware that the friendly competition out there in finding such gems has already become an ordeal, almost near impossible. But alas, maybe I did something nice that day and the audio gods decided to give me some luck. I was eight in the viewers count, no time to loose. i pounced on it just like a lion on the prowl for game. And the rest is history.. fantastic!!!!

KENWOOD KA-9100
http://www.thevintageknob.org/KENWOOD/KA9100/KA9100.html

“PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, HOPE”   ;)
happy hunting  ;D

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2008 at 08:37 PM by southpeak »

Offline parasmi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • i'm D-E-A-F !!
  • Liked:
Re: KENWOOD KA-9100
« Reply #2436 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 08:31 AM »
 :o :o :o

can't resist my curiosity....nakita ko nga selling price. your patience, sir, paid off. mine hasn't for a long time  :(

Yesterday when whole of metro manila was preparing itself for an afternoon siesta, the owner of this magnificent machine decided to post it for sale with an incredulous asking price AND a pioneer tuner as freeby. I was also preparing to rest with my children but then decided to go on line for just a quick look on my favorite hunting sites. I was not expecting too much because I’m aware that the friendly competition out there in finding such gems has already become an ordeal, almost near impossible. But alas, maybe I did something nice that day and the audio gods decided to give me some luck. I was eight in the viewers count, no time to loose. i pounced on it just like a lion on the prowl for game. And the rest is history.. fantastic!!!!

KENWOOD KA-9100

happy hunting  ;D

Offline Nelson O

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2437 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 09:31 AM »

KENWOOD KA-9100

happy hunting  ;D

Congrats Southpeak, your patience indeed paidoff. Mono-mono design, very nice!
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2008 at 09:34 AM by Nelson O »

Offline dana

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #2438 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 02:33 PM »
thats what you get, when you' ve been  a good boy...
Congrats on your latest toy, Southpeak. ;)

Offline southpeak

• Collector
  • Desiderata
  • Liked:
« Reply #2439 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 05:21 PM »

@parasmi, malapit na rin sana akong mawalan ng pag asa, salamat nalang sa internet, napapadali ng kaunti ang paghahanap, papindot pindot lang. nakita nyo rin pala yung selling  price. akala ko nga typo error. eto ang clincher. alam mo naman tayong mga pinoy sa tawaran, kahit na sangkusing basta maka tawad ok na. i was VERY, VERY willing to pay the asking price kaya lang di ko napigilan ang sarili ko, instinct na siguro. tumawad pa ko (without malicious intent, i believe in karma), and to my surprise, pumayag naman. di ko tuloy alam kung matutuwa ako o makukunsensya. but its all water under the bridge now. at ngayon, text mate na kami nung seller..  :D

@Nelson O, salamat sir. mahilig ako sa nilaga, kaya ganun nalang ang aking tyaga.  ;D

@dana, thank you sir. I do believe good things come to those who do good things. And to top it all up, kindness you can never giveaway for it keeps coming back. to you, your family or friends in one way or another..  :)

Offline Poloman888

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2440 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 12:05 AM »
Impressive specs, Southpeak. I'm a fan of vintage gears myself (Luxman L-410, 75wpc, 220V, not surplus though). Despite owning more current brands, listening to a vintage feels like having a piece of audio history at home. Old-school has its own allure.

Link:
http://audio-database.com/LUXMANALPINE-LUXMAN/amp/l-410-e.html

Have you reached sonic nirvana yet?  :)

Congrats!
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2008 at 05:02 PM by Poloman888 »

Offline southpeak

• Collector
  • Desiderata
  • Liked:
« Reply #2441 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 12:11 PM »
Impressive specs, Southpeak. I'm a fan of vintage gears myself (Luxman L-410, 75wpc, 220V, not surplus though). Despite owning more current brands, listening to a vintage feels like having a piece of audio history at home. Old-school has its own allure.

Congrats!

thank you sir. the specs is just half the story. 90wpc is just a smoke screen. once you hear the sound it can produce, you’ll know immediately why kenwood put the TOTL badge on it. amazing sound stage. :o
nirvana? if happiness and fulfillment  are my yardsticks for nirvana, then i always reach it every time i listen to what i have at that moment.
wow, luxman. i’m also waiting for that brand to pass by my way. hoping to own one too  :)

« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2008 at 03:30 PM by southpeak »

Offline Nelson O

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2442 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 12:27 PM »

Congrats!

I'm also a vintage audio enthusiast, currently i'm using....
A Sansui 9090db (early 70's) paired with JBL L112 (early 80's)
A Marantz Esotec PM4 (early 80's) paired with an Aurum Cantus bookshelves
Sansui XR-Q7 turntable and Philips CD650 CDP

I might not have the finests of equipment, but i'm happy listening with what i have.
Also hoping for a Luxman :)

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2443 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 01:46 PM »

happy hunting  ;D

Wow, tempting to acquire your gear!

I enjoy watching those early types of dual mono - I feel it is more a work of art than technology - better open to appreciate than closed. Very rare gem that you can encounter - dual monoblocks - expensive by todays standard. I own similar NEC A-10II that uses dual EI transformers like yours, sealed pots - no harsh dial anytime, and never got an inkling to dispose it - and I think you won't. Congrats!
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2444 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 06:38 PM »

KENWOOD KA-9100

happy hunting  ;D

Wow, this is a good find sir, a very hard to find great piece of equipment, Congratulations ;)

I'm also a vintage lover just like some of us here. Eventhough i already have a 40-year old Sansui 1000A and 20-year old Onkyo Liverpool speaker, i'm still in search and always on the go of finding such good vintage equipment like yours, i don't know why but there's always a great feeling of satisfaction whenever i found one :)

Keep on Hunting Guys :D
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2008 at 06:40 PM by reynold »
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline Nelson O

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2445 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 08:13 PM »

Wow, this is a good find sir, a very hard to find great piece of equipment, Congratulations ;)

I'm also a vintage lover just like some of us here. Eventhough i already have a 40-year old Sansui 1000A and 20-year old Onkyo Liverpool speaker, i'm still in search and always on the go of finding such good vintage equipment like yours, i don't know why but there's always a great feeling of satisfaction whenever i found one :)

Wow 1000a is a vintage Sansui vacuum tube stereo receiver! Nice one Reynold! :)

Offline southpeak

• Collector
  • Desiderata
  • Liked:
« Reply #2446 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 09:24 PM »
Wow, tempting to acquire your gear!

I enjoy watching those early types of dual mono - I feel it is more a work of art than technology - better open to appreciate than closed. Very rare gem that you can encounter - dual monoblocks - expensive by todays standard. I own similar NEC A-10II that uses dual EI transformers like yours, sealed pots - no harsh dial anytime, and never got an inkling to dispose it - and I think you won't. Congrats!

thank you sir and i agree with you. these amps are works of art. the external heatsinks alone are worth the buy. additional pics of the kenwood, side profile showing heatsinks and my other favorite. beautiful master pieces..  :o :o

dispose? never is too final a word for me but what i can say is i'll keep them as looooooooooong as i am able..  ;D
oh btw, the NEC A-10 (what ever series) is also in my list. congratulation too!  :)

« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2008 at 01:08 PM by southpeak »

Offline southpeak

• Collector
  • Desiderata
  • Liked:
« Reply #2447 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 09:33 PM »

thank you sir. the quest for these precious are far from over for our tribe  ;D.. and the great feeling of satisfaction you mentioned associated in finding one is i would say mutual..  :)

sige sir, galit-galit muna tayo, let's hunt  ;D

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2008 at 09:44 PM by southpeak »

Offline reynold

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2448 on: Aug 21, 2008 at 04:44 PM »
Wow 1000a is a vintage Sansui vacuum tube stereo receiver! Nice one Reynold! :)

Thanks Nelson O, sinuwerte lang sa paghahanap :)  Southpeak is right, PATIENCE is indeed a virtue ;)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2449 on: Aug 21, 2008 at 10:21 PM »
thank you sir and i agree with you. these amps are works of art. the external heatsinks alone are worth the buy. additional pics of the kenwood, side profile showing heatsinks and my other favorite. beautiful master pieces..  :o :o

dispose? never is too final a word for me but what i can say is i'll keep them as looooooooooong as i am able..  ;D
oh btw, the NEC A-10 (what ever series) is also in my list. congratulation too!  :)

hmmn . . . what can i say ... a cool amp at that ... no heat stress ... meant for long life use ... tell me if you decide to forego  ;D
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline Poloman888

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2450 on: Aug 22, 2008 at 05:15 PM »
I'm also a vintage audio enthusiast, currently i'm using....
A Sansui 9090db (early 70's) paired with JBL L112 (early 80's)
A Marantz Esotec PM4 (early 80's) paired with an Aurum Cantus bookshelves
Sansui XR-Q7 turntable and Philips CD650 CDP

I might not have the finests of equipment, but i'm happy listening with what i have.
Also hoping for a Luxman :)

You've got fine stuff there, Nelson. Isn't that Marantz Esotec a Class A amp? Nice...Mainit lang siguro pag matagal nagamit.

As to your last sentence, "I might not have the finests of equipment, but i'm happy listening with what i have."

allow me to reinforce that with:

"If a person truly wants to live, he can make any place he wants a heaven." - Yui Ikari

Just replace the word "place" with "gear."  Kontra-SARS, from a philosophical vantage point.  ;)

Offline reynold

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2451 on: Aug 22, 2008 at 06:04 PM »
As to your last sentence, "I might not have the finests of equipment, but i'm happy listening with what i have."

"If a person truly wants to live, he can make any place he wants a heaven." - Yui Ikari

Just replace the word "place" with "gear."  Kontra-SARS, from a philosophical vantage point.  ;)

Very well said ;)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline Nelson O

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2452 on: Aug 22, 2008 at 06:22 PM »
You've got fine stuff there, Nelson. Isn't that Marantz Esotec a Class A amp? Nice...Mainit lang siguro pag matagal nagamit.

You're right Poloman888, the Marantz Esotec PM 4 is class A amp.
15wpc in class A operation, 60wpc in class AB operation.
Mainit nga, kaya puro heatsink ang gilid.
Lucky na nag match sa Aurum Cantus leisure 2SV.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2008 at 06:24 PM by Nelson O »

Offline gutchy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2453 on: Aug 28, 2008 at 03:12 PM »
I saw an Onkyo M-508 dun sa Pier Mall asking is P9k.

For those interested, bisita nlng kayo...  ;D

happy hunting..

Offline edwin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
« Reply #2454 on: Aug 30, 2008 at 04:20 PM »

KENWOOD KA-9100

happy hunting  ;D

Looking at your Keenwood, it was quite impressive seeing the dual mono design. Ang hindi lang yata maganda ay ang paggamit in IC chip for the output stage, based duon sa picture.

But anyway, the designer could have taken this into account dahil ang sabi mo nga eh, maganda siyang tumunog. Ika nga, ang importante hindi ang laman sa loob, kundi kung paano ito tutunog.

Happy listening. :)
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline mojako

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2455 on: Sep 02, 2008 at 03:42 AM »
i recently acquired an old pioneer integrated amp.  Who can clean/repair the unit?

Offline carlos888

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2456 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 11:35 PM »
You're right Poloman888, the Marantz Esotec PM 4 is class A amp.
15wpc in class A operation, 60wpc in class AB operation.
Mainit nga, kaya puro heatsink ang gilid.
Lucky na nag match sa Aurum Cantus leisure 2SV.

To hear the Esotec PM4 with a Dynaudio Audience 60 recently is a system worth keeping for life. Ive always been a pre/power believer but this combo can deliver everything you want your music to be played. Truly in a class of its own. ;)
Hana ML, Fidelity Research, Technics Sp-20, EAR-Yoshino, Plinius, Audience and WE cables.

Offline southpeak

• Collector
  • Desiderata
  • Liked:
« Reply #2457 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 08:29 PM »
Looking at your Keenwood, it was quite impressive seeing the dual mono design. Ang hindi lang yata maganda ay ang paggamit in IC chip for the output stage, based duon sa picture.

But anyway, the designer could have taken this into account dahil ang sabi mo nga eh, maganda siyang tumunog. Ika nga, ang importante hindi ang laman sa loob, kundi kung paano ito tutunog.

Happy listening. :)

yes sir, almost same comment from my tech. sabi pa nga nya, pag ka daw yung IC ang bumigay, himala na daw kung may makita pa dito sa pinas. benta ko na lang daw agad bago madedbol  ;D. mapag biro si tech  :D
actually there are two ICs, the TA-100WA and PA63H (from service manual)..

and yes, the designer must have seen (or heard) something special from these ICs to include them in the system and give the amp its "soul".. maganda talaga sir.  :) lets enjoy them while they last..  ;)

oh, btw.. for those who are interested. the units' japanese counter part is the TRIO KA-7700d

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2008 at 08:52 PM by southpeak »

Offline dana

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #2458 on: Sep 06, 2008 at 08:19 AM »
Southpeak,possible replacement for TA-100WA discussed here:
http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=376463&highlight=ta-100w#post376463

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2459 on: Sep 06, 2008 at 12:02 PM »
yes sir, almost same comment from my tech. sabi pa nga nya, pag ka daw yung IC ang bumigay, himala na daw kung may makita pa dito sa pinas. benta ko na lang daw agad bago madedbol  ;D. mapag biro si tech  :D
actually there are two ICs, the TA-100WA and PA63H (from service manual)..

and yes, the designer must have seen (or heard) something special from these ICs to include them in the system and give the amp its "soul".. maganda talaga sir.  :) lets enjoy them while they last..  ;)

oh, btw.. for those who are interested. the units' japanese counter part is the TRIO KA-7700d

have no fear..... :)

that IC contains a darlington pair, bias diodes and resistors..Sanyo and SANKEN makes these hybrids, they contain transistor chips and diodes and resistors in what is called thick film technology) .......in the event of failure and no replacement is found...you can always convert your amp to discrete transistors....it can be done...i have done several conversions before...... ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2008 at 12:31 PM by TonyT »
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom