Author Topic: Surplus amps  (Read 991059 times)

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Surplus amps
« Reply #2520 on: Nov 21, 2008 at 10:47 AM »
Tony,

You have a PM. I hope you'll have the time to look into the unit's problems should I have the opportunity to bring it there in the coming weeks.

i am in town now till dec. 11.... ;D  i am just wondering...what about those units that are beyond repairs, how do you dispose of them? ;D ...i asked because i can use some of those.... ;D
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline sandawa

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Remember Hegel's dialectics!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2521 on: Nov 21, 2008 at 11:29 AM »
Yes, I have two amps I think that I could donate plus a couple more CDPs and tape decks. They're too heavy, however, to send to you. My earliest trip to Manila would be mid-December yet, so I guess we won't meet this year. Maybe next year, who knows.

thesis - antithesis - synthesis

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2522 on: Nov 21, 2008 at 05:09 PM »
Yes, I have two amps I think that I could donate plus a couple more CDPs and tape decks. They're too heavy, however, to send to you. My earliest trip to Manila would be mid-December yet, so I guess we won't meet this year. Maybe next year, who knows.

i am not in hurry....maybe i can go to Davao to pick them up sometime next year...if i can get away from my company for at least two months...thanks...or if you can send me pics and maybe find out shipping costs thru couriers like LBC...perhaps we can  arrange something..
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2523 on: Nov 21, 2008 at 09:45 PM »
It's probably better if you can visit me next year since I lack patience in shipping these heavyweights. Manila to Davao is a lot closer than Manila to Russia where your work is in. Instead of giving some of these to my importer-friend's technician, I'll keep them for you. I understand your interest in these equipment, even the basic parts -- from caps to chokes -- are really premium-type compared with those loaded in British or American hifi units.
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2008 at 08:14 PM by sandawa »

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2524 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 08:04 AM »
It's probably better if you can visit me next year since I lack patience in shipping these heavyweights. Manila to Davao is a lot closer than Manila to Russia where your work is. Instead of giving some of these to my importer-friend's technician, I'll keep them for you. I understand your interest in these equipment, even the basic parts -- from caps to chokes -- are really premium-type compared with those loaded in British or American hifi units.

thanks, will do...
what a lot of guys don't know probably is that Japanese amps for domestic sales are of higher quality than most "exports only " units.....many that were hooked on "pier surplus amps" will attest to that.......and that this thread had survived for a long time... ;D

Offline terii

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2525 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 09:25 AM »
thanks, will do...
what a lot of guys don't know probably is that Japanese amps for domestic sales are of higher quality than most "exports only " units.....many that were hooked on "pier surplus amps" will attest to that.......and that this thread had survived for a long time... ;D
Hi
I would say that some units that are not exported ,are interesting to discover, buy me directly
in Japan of units that are not exported
in Europe, many people are reluctant to buy directly in Japan because the voltage is 100volts, they think voltage transformer degrades the qualities of sound units (230v to100v) ;D

sony CDP R3 ,préam vincent SA-3,sansui B2301,infinity renaissance90

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2526 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 10:13 AM »
Hi
I would say that some units that are not exported ,are interesting to discover, buy me directly
in Japan of units that are not exported
in Europe, many people are reluctant to buy directly in Japan because the voltage is 100volts, they think voltage transformer degrades the qualities of sound units (230v to100v) ;D

yes, and the nicest thing about them is that, since they are used gears, they are not hyped in order to sell..... ;D

best bang for the back rules big time..... ;D

Offline terii

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2527 on: Nov 23, 2008 at 08:38 AM »
Hi
sansui au-alpha 607 nra2
http://www.hifido.co.jp/KW/G0101/P0/A10/E/0-10/S0/C08-41136-37495-00/
10 000 yen over the last 607 nra2 that I bought from hifido, the rate starts to increase seriously
 >:(

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2528 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 09:21 AM »
There are two alpha 607s in the pier now.

The better unit seems to be the alpha 607 extra.

The past week, i saw Sansui aux1 at the pier.
I didn't know what it was so i went home. Later i checked it out on google and saw that it is claimed to be one of the best amps made by sansui. Also that it has helped gain for Sansui the sobriquet, "sansunog". The stability problems of the model seems have to been corrected in later released.
But of course when i went back yesterday the unit was gone. Gone also was the pioneer sa9800 i saw there sometime ago.

There was an onkyo m509 being repaired at the store.
This model has those whopping large vu meters that crowds everything out in the amp front and stares you right in the face.
Lighted, these meters must glow like hell in a darkened room. Of course the seller already has committed the unit to somebody else.

I also listed a Sony TAf650ESd... (i was attracted by the ES model. However i couldnt find anything about this model.)

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2529 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 03:26 PM »
I wonder how's pricing of those units there now. Regular Alpha 607s here in Davao are now quoted as high as P6K, from as low as P3.5K in previous years (Japan used price $200-400). I got my 607 Mos Premium limited edition (160 watts power consumption at the back) at P9K (Japan used price $600-700). My AU-XII (used price $600-800) was bought at P8K four years ago, so the AU-X1 should be within that range, probably higher now.

Offline Orlan

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2530 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 06:10 PM »
sir lord foo magkasabay pala tayo kahapon sa pier. my friend nelson bought the monster integra m-509

Offline Nelson O

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2531 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 06:48 PM »
 I've been waiting for sooooo long to have a chance to grab one of these
 Integra's power amps with large VU meters. Yesterday, got my opportunity
 and i can't let the rare chance slip away....
 Yes, it is the Onkyo Integra M-509....
 Been using  it the whole day and it runs smoothly with no hint of any
 problem whatsoever.
 The sound is full, warm, balanced and controlled even at high volume.
 It's well worth the loooong wait.
 Grab one guys! ;)

« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2008 at 10:59 PM by Nelson O »

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2532 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 07:47 PM »
That's a good one. The biggest Onkyo power amp that arrived here in Davao was a defective M-508. It's possible the M-510 Grand Integra would be coming soon. 

Offline Nelson O

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2533 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 08:02 PM »
That's a good one. The biggest Onkyo power amp that arrived here in Davao was a defective M-508. It's possible the M-510 Grand Integra would be coming soon. 

Hi Sir Sandawa,

Thanks, M-510's weight is more than double of the M-509....
I'm contemplating on using Integra P-306R as preamp....
Any comments/suggestion sir? TIA! :)

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2534 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 07:00 AM »

The past week, i saw Sansui aux1 at the pier.
I didn't know what it was so i went home. Later i checked it out on google and saw that it is claimed to be one of the best amps made by sansui. Also that it has helped gain for Sansui the sobriquet, "sansunog". The stability problems of the model seems have to been corrected in later released.

yes, i remember i repaired one unit sometime in the early 90's...and yes it kept blowing output transistors...so the fix i did was to modify the circuit so that is used less parts....the circuit is fully complimentary push-pull from input to output...i simplified the circuit to look like a Leach amp..... :)

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2535 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 07:03 AM »

sandawa,

i am interested in the defective M509, i would like to have it as long as all major parts are intact...thanks.. :)

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2536 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 07:48 AM »
Nelson,

I think that's close to a perfect match. I have a P-306 and I'm impressed with its performance. The tone controls, if you're the type who needs these, have wider range compared with other preamps. Even the phono section is quite good. The P-306R should come out better.

Tony,

No, I did not get the defective M508. But wait, I just smoked my AU-X11 last night since I was experimenting with its external connectors -- 2 external preamps, 2 external power amps could be connected to it -- and in my excitement I plugged it in a 220-watt hole. It's been with me without problem for about 5 years now and has been an anchor in one of my major systems. If my technician can't fix it, you can take it away next year -- but beware, it shows 32 kgs. on my bathroom scale.

Offline Nelson O

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2537 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 08:38 AM »

Sir Sandawa,

Thanks for the reply.
I might as well grab that matching preamp.
Time to shell out some more. :'( :)

Btw, i hope your AU-X11 be fixed in no time,
it is one of Sansui's best.
At 32kg, it's even heavier than the M-509! :o
Goodluck Sir, keep us posted on the development.

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2538 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 09:06 AM »
Sorry, it's actually 28 kgs. based on audio heritage site but my scale showed 30 kgs., I think my weighing scale is defective.

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2539 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 09:31 AM »
I took the opportunity to open the AU-XII which I failed to do in the past since it's too heavy and set up tightly in a rack (too big -- 21X17X8 -- taller, wider and deeper than normal amps). Here are some of the photos taken a few minutes back which could serve as reference for those who might have a chance to find a unit adrift on Manila Bay one of these days:

This how it looks like when complete.

Without the cover and the sidings.

Top view.

Back. view

Side view.

Without the undercover.

« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2008 at 09:59 AM by sandawa »

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2540 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 11:29 AM »
No, I did not get the defective M508. But wait, I just smoked my AU-X11 last night since I was experimenting with its external connectors -- 2 external preamps, 2 external power amps could be connected to it -- and in my excitement I plugged it in a 220-watt hole. It's been with me without problem for about 5 years now and has been an anchor in one of my major systems. If my technician can't fix it, you can take it away next year -- but beware, it shows 32 kgs. on my bathroom scale.

depending on how long it was soaked at 220, i doubt the traffo's fried, there should be fuses to protect them...otoh...
now you have a chance to do the next best thing, which is to convert this amp finally to a 220 volt amp...torroids are available with 220volt primaries...looks to me there is a separate psu for the front end as well...i am trying to locate schematics...torroids can be ordered at rs philippines....

look out for bulging electrolytics...on the right-hand pcb of the last picture...there looks like one bulging cap.....i could be wrong...i am used to looking at bulging caps on motherboards.... ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2008 at 11:35 AM by TonyT »

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2541 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 12:02 PM »
Hi
sansui au-alpha 607 nra2
http://www.hifido.co.jp/KW/G0101/P0/A10/E/0-10/S0/C08-41136-37495-00/
10 000 yen over the last 607 nra2 that I bought from hifido, the rate starts to increase seriously
 >:(

how much kaya ang landed price nito dito sa atin?

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2542 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 01:12 PM »
Tony,

It took just a few seconds but I could hear one pop and saw some smoke. I believe the transformers are okay -- yes there are two. I just brought it to my technician an hour ago and he said it's likely some caps and smaller parts, hoping the damage did not reach the transistors. The technician has been repairing Jap domestic amps on a daily basis for at least 10 years now -- he's employed by the biggest Jap hifi importer here in Davao -- so, I'm quite confident with his ability. Unfortunately, he's almost illiterate when it comes to valve amps.

Ivann,

If the price of my a607MOS Premium would be used as gauge, an a607NRAII (the last of the a607 amps produced -- 1999 -- before Sansui went under) could be quoted from P6K to P8K by surplus Jap hifi dealers here in Davao. That would likely be the quotes from Manila's Pier dealers. In Europe and the US, hifi enthusiasts are willing to buy those gems way over Japan prices, which could be close to $1,000 per unit.

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2543 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 02:16 PM »

Tony,

It took just a few seconds but I could hear one pop and saw some smoke. I believe the transformers are okay -- yes there are two. I just brought it to my technician an hour ago and he said it's likely some caps and smaller parts, hoping the damage did not reach the transistors. The technician has been repairing Jap domestic amps on a daily basis for at least 10 years now -- he's employed by the biggest Jap hifi importer here in Davao -- so, I'm quite confident with his ability. Unfortunately, he's almost illiterate when it comes to valve amps.

Ivann,

If the price of my a607MOS Premium would be used as gauge, an a607NRAII (the last of the a607 amps produced -- 1999 -- before Sansui went under) could be quoted from P6K to P8K by surplus Jap hifi dealers here in Davao. That would likely be the quotes from Manila's Pier dealers. In Europe and the US, hifi enthusiasts are willing to buy those gems way over Japan prices, which could be close to $1,000 per unit.

i see. sana may mabibilhan ako ng hindi ako pupunta sa pier. hindi kasi ako makaalis masyado eh.

maganda quality ng sansui na yun mga sirs? it will be used sana para pair ko with altec lansing 619-8A na speakers.

Offline southpeak

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Desiderata
  • Liked:
« Reply #2544 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 08:32 PM »
I've been waiting for sooooo long to have a chance to grab one of these
 Integra's power amps with large VU meters. Yesterday, got my opportunity
 and i can't let the rare chance slip away....
 Yes, it is the Onkyo Integra M-509....
 Been using  it the whole day and it runs smoothly with no hint of any
 problem whatsoever.
 The sound is full, warm, balanced and controlled even in high volume.
 It's well worth the loooong wait.
 Grab one guys! ;)

congratulation on you find sir nelson.. wow a M-509, 200wpc at 8 ohm  :o
picture, picture, picture.. ;D

Offline southpeak

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Desiderata
  • Liked:
« Reply #2545 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 08:43 PM »
I took the opportunity to open the AU-XII which I failed to do in the past since it's too heavy and set up tightly in a rack (too big -- 21X17X8 -- taller, wider and deeper than normal amps). Here are some of the photos taken a few minutes back which could serve as reference for those who might have a chance to find a unit adrift on Manila Bay one of these days:

This how it looks like when complete.

nani, thank you for sharing. that is what i call an AMPLIFIER, big time  :o.. you just made my day. medyo na e-excite ako kung nakakakita ako ng "hubad"  ;D
now i know what i want for christmas, may be not this chrismas  :D . a luxman perhaps  ::)
hope your tech can fix it alright..

Offline Nelson O

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2546 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 08:51 PM »
congratulation on you find sir nelson.. wow a M-509, 200wpc at 8 ohm  :o
picture, picture, picture.. ;D

Hi Sir southpeak,

Thank you, with the help of a friend,
pictures of the M-509 in action will be posted very soon! :)

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2547 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 09:23 PM »

if there is someone selling this one, pm me lang and may be we can work a deal.

Offline terii

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2548 on: Dec 04, 2008 at 08:29 AM »
Tony,

Ivann,

hello
607 mos limited the total price in economic dispatch for France: 1300 U.S. dollars 
607 nra2 the total price in economic dispatch for France: 1088 U.S. dollars
I say you're lucky to have surplus store compared to me who is in France ;D

Offline terii

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2549 on: Dec 04, 2008 at 08:49 AM »
I wonder how's pricing of those units there now. Regular Alpha 607s here in Davao are now quoted as high as P6K, from as low as P3.5K in previous years (Japan used price $200-400). I got my 607 Mos Premium limited edition (160 watts power consumption at the back) at P9K (Japan used price $600-700). My AU-XII (used price $600-800) was bought at P8K four years ago, so the AU-X1 should be within that range, probably higher now.

hello
the last au x11 sold on hifido prices in 2007:
1588 U.S. dollars    :o
in 2004 it was 642 U.S. dollars
in the au  x1 in 2001 it was 585 U.S. dollars  ???
in 2008 the price is 642 U.S. dollars ???
Prices noted on the database hifido