Author Topic: Aiwa DVD Player  (Read 7097 times)

Offline brian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aiwa DVD Player
« Reply #30 on: Feb 07, 2002 at 10:36 PM »
Benny,

The guy at the AV store in Galleria gladly liberated the Aiwa unit. No fuss, no extra cost.

The Aiwa went to my folks as a Christmas present. As for myself, I've been using a Konzert  :D  I went with the Konzert based on the comments from the Konzert thread (at the height of its discussion) but encountered some problems which forced me to return the unit the next day -- also as indicated on the Konzert list. I have to thank Alfie and the others for their feedback.

I thought about getting my folks a Konzert but had second thoughts and did not want to have them go through any hassles (though I have not had a problem with it since I had it replaced). I decided on the Aiwa primarily for the portability, along with the knowledge that it was going straight to the TV (no HT setups, etc).

The Aiwa has not given them problems. It has played everything they've put into it -- mostly R1 and R3's along with a few pirated DVD's and VCD's  ;)  

Brian

« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline benny

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Feb 08, 2002 at 01:16 PM »
Thanks a lot Brian for sharing information on the Aiwa dvd player. I guessed correctly earlier when I was thinking of going to Robinsons Galleria.  ;) or maybe I just recalled what was previously discussed. Thanks for pointing out the AV store. My friend is setting this up straight to the TV too, not HT yet so I suppose all will be fine. Anyway, now we know the salesman can perform the "miracle" in-store with no hassles.  :) And it's good to know that your unit has performed well.

Thanks too, Alfie.  :)

The quick responses are much appreciated.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline joeyrodil

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi to everyone!!!
  • Liked:
Re:Aiwa DVD Player
« Reply #32 on: Apr 25, 2002 at 03:31 PM »
Good day to all,

i am planning to buy one sana eh, Brian wala ka pa bang na-eencounter na problem after 4 months of usage? other members are complaining on Aiwa but not specifically on the DVD XD170 model

Regards,

Joey
do not do unto others what can you do for today

Offline papichulo

• Apprentice
  • I give a Zorro snap to that!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Sep 02, 2002 at 04:16 PM »
I have a similar model AIWA XR DV525. Its a home theater in a box w/ free subwoofer for only 20K. I bought the last unit at Aiwa in Kalaw.

So far its a mediocre system, not really good but not really bad.

Here's the not really goods:

1. It doesn't play pirated DVDs w/ minor glitches. If the DVD has some imperfections but you can still play it in a generic DVD player, you wouldn't be able to play it on this model.

2. You can hardly hear the surround speakers kahit itodo mo volume. I dont know if I cant hear it but I think I just don't notice it.

3. The main speakers are only two way: Big Difference!

An here are the not really bads:

1. Bass response of the sub is adjustable and excellent.
2. Not really bad for 20 K.
3. Nice interface and display unlike some really tacky Pioneer an JVC models I've seen.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #34 on: Sep 02, 2002 at 11:04 PM »
BTW, the AIWA XDDV-170 portable DVD player is Macrovision liberated so you can record your DVDs to a VHS player or a Video disc recorder. ;D

ncr

« Reply #35 on: Sep 04, 2002 at 12:09 PM »

I've become so wary of Aiwa products after buying a lemon of a mini component. (the cd player stopped reading a few months after I purchased it and I have given-up having it serviced)

But, then again, a friend of mine bought a top-of-the line Pioneer system and it too did not last a year. Maybe, swertihan lang yan.

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Aug 18, 2003 at 12:52 AM »
bump

Offline gratchie

• Apprentice
  • Talk to me!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Dec 21, 2003 at 11:44 PM »
Aiwa XD-AX10

anybody with this unit? saw it at ansons ayala center for only 5,300  ;D Any inputs will be greatly appreciated

Offline thea

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jun 12, 2006 at 01:43 PM »
hi! do you have any idea how to unlock an aiwa dvd player to multi region?  model xd-dv485 in particular?