Author Topic: Samsung PS51E550 3D Full HD Plasma TV  (Read 101512 times)

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
Re: Samsung PS51E550 3D Full HD Plasma TV
« Reply #90 on: Nov 20, 2012 at 09:31 PM »
What is the price of this unit now? Thanks

around 50k without the free HTIB. ;)
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline hitman808

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: Nov 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM »
@  barrister
Hi chief satisfied ka ba sa performance ng unit? Ok naman un 3d niya? Pinagpipilian ko kasi eto at 51e8000

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 264
« Reply #92 on: Nov 21, 2012 at 02:30 PM »
@  barrister
Hi chief satisfied ka ba sa performance ng unit? Ok naman un 3d niya? Pinagpipilian ko kasi eto at 51e8000

Magkano po yung 51e8000?

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Nov 21, 2012 at 03:43 PM »
@  barrister

Yes, very happy with the 51E550.

SBS 3D media lang ang na-test ko, and it works well.  Sequential 3D Blu-ray should be a bit better, but I don't have a 3D Blu-ray player.   

The 2012 Sammy plasmas use bluetooth for active 3D sync, and I've never had any problem connecting and synchronizing.  Just push the button on the glasses and it connects and syncs immediately.  Whether you move up close to the TV, or go to the sides of the TV, or somebody walks in front of the TV --- it's still synched.

I tried Prometheus 3D (nice!); Hugo 3D (also nice); Final Destination 5 3D (great!); IMAX Under the Sea 3D (astounding!) Tron Legacy 3D (not good); IMAX Hubble 3D (not good, made me dizzy).

Samsung has very good 3D capability, maybe slightly better than the Panasonic.  TelevisionInfo says the top Sammy 2012 plasma is slightly better than the top Panny 2012 plasma as regards 3D ghosting issues:

http://www.televisioninfo.com/News/Head-to-Head-Panasonic-VT50-Vs-Samsung-E8000.htm

Forget about 3D on Panny's 2011 VT30 --- it uses infra-red, not bluetooth.

However, none of the current TVs can produce 3D as well as the movie theaters.  3D is a lot of fun --- until the novelty wears off...  :D .  After that, 2D viewing remains king.

But still, it's reassuring to know that your HT is 3D-capable, just in case you suddenly feel the urge to watch the occasional 3D flick.     

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM by barrister »

Offline hitman808

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Nov 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM »
Re: Great PRICE ADJUSTMENT OF PLASMA / LCD / LED TVs and PROJ. at Sights and Sounds!
« Reply #2119 on: Nov 05, 2012 at 04:33 PM »
Quote from: Dennis818 on Oct 31, 2012 at 12:15 PM
How much is the Samsung 51E8000 with only the 3D glasses?

Samsung 51E8000 with only the 3D glasses at P70K.

Magkano po yung 51e8000?

Offline hitman808

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Nov 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM »
Thanks chief! Malaki rin kasi ang price difference ng dalawa. Was suppose to buy vt30 initially pero after reading your posts naiba isip ko

Yes, very happy with the 51E550.

SBS 3D media lang ang na-test ko, and it works well.  Sequential 3D Blu-ray should be a bit better, but I don't have a 3D Blu-ray player.   

The 2012 Sammy plasmas use bluetooth for active 3D sync, and I've never had any problem connecting and synchronizing.  Just push the button on the glasses and it connects and syncs immediately.  Whether you move up close to the TV, or go to the sides of the TV, or somebody walks in front of the TV --- it's still synched.

I tried Prometheus 3D (nice!); Hugo (also nice); Final Destination 5 3D (great!); IMAX Under the Sea 3D (astounding!) Tron Legacy 3D (not good); IMAX Hubble 3D (not good, made me dizzy).

Samsung has very good 3D capability, maybe slightly better than the Panasonic.  TelevisionInfo says the top Sammy 2012 plasma is slightly better than the top Panny 2012 plasma as regards 3D ghosting issues:

http://www.televisioninfo.com/News/Head-to-Head-Panasonic-VT50-Vs-Samsung-E8000.htm

Forget about 3D on Panny's 2011 VT30 --- it uses infra-red, not bluetooth.

However, none of the current TVs can produce 3D as well as the movie theaters.  3D is a lot of fun --- until the novelty wears off...  :D .  After that, 2D viewing remains king.

But still, it's reassuring to know that your HT is 3D-capable, just in case you suddenly feel the urge to watch the occasional 3D flick.     

Offline Neon Tetra

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 05:15 PM »
Hi, Any feedback/review re Samsung 51E8000 Plasma TV?

Offline roygee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 07:09 PM »

I tried Prometheus 3D (nice!); Hugo 3D (also nice); Final Destination 5 3D (great!); IMAX Under the Sea 3D (astounding!) Tron Legacy 3D (not good); IMAX Hubble 3D (not good, made me dizzy).

sir barrister,

whats your viewing distance from your ps51e550? yung mga demo at malls, i was impressed.. some can render "im my face" 3d effects, but their glasses have these wires attached to them, so di ako masyado maka-layo sa tv if ganun pa rin ang effect.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 08:07 PM »
10 feet ang viewing distance ko sir.

Sa mall demos, usually yung demo footage lang ng manufacturer ang naka-play.  Hindi ako masyadong bilib pag ganon, kasi iniisip ko baka maganda lang pag sariling film clips nila, pero not so good pag actual movies na ang naka-play.

I like the Samsung 2012 3D glasses.  Maganda ang ideas nila sa design: active shutter bluetooth, button cell battery (watch battery, no recharging needed), lightweight, and cheap.

Others might not like those 3D glasses because they're too open on the sides, so if your room is a bit bright, you'll see a lot of light from the sides of the glasses.  They're also very flimsy, and they don't fit well when used on top of prescription eyeglasses.

« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2012 at 08:18 PM by barrister »

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1450
« Reply #99 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 08:32 PM »
sir barrister,

whats your viewing distance from your ps51e550? yung mga demo at malls, i was impressed.. some can render "im my face" 3d effects, but their glasses have these wires attached to them, so di ako masyado maka-layo sa tv if ganun pa rin ang effect.

we probably saw the same demo sa mall (SM appliance center) and we (me and my son) were awed by the 3D effects. didnt expect it to be that good.

we viewed it about 4-5 feet at the most bec of the wire nga but man,the demo video of break dancers dancing on ankle deep water was amazing. water splashes almost realistically at your face.

napaisip tuloy kami but still,after all the limited content available now for 3D,parang tambak na din after.

its way better than the Sony we demo'ed @ eastwood a month or two ago where they were showing the music video of Avril...the 3D rendering was not impressive at all.

Offline Assassin101

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 09:13 PM »
Sir vic, how much current price ng e550?

Offline Macmon

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #101 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 10:45 PM »
I like the Samsung 2012 3D glasses.  Maganda ang ideas nila sa design: active shutter bluetooth, button cell battery (watch battery, no recharging needed), lightweight, and cheap.

Sir Barrister,
The one that came with the e550 is the button battery already? So no recharging needed?
To Boldly go where no Bluray has gone before.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 11:20 PM »
Yes, button cell battery, not rechargeable.

With the 51E550 are 2 free units Samsung SSG-4100GB, 2012 model, universal active shutter, bluetooth, batteries included:

Batteries: CR2025.  Each unit needs only 1 battery.

On my free 3D glasses, the included batteries were Panasonic CR2025 (Lithium 3 volts):

This is a good design.  150-hour battery life.  Just have spare batteries on hand, pag naubusan ng power, replace battery, Ok na. 

Pag rechargeable battery ang gamit ng glasses it means the glasses consume too much power, kaya hindi puwede ang button cell battery.  Kailangan rechargeable battery: more expensive, harder to find, makes the glasses heavier, recharging is a hassle.

May bisita ka, pa-demo daw ng 3D, wala na palang charge ang rechargeable battery ng 3D glasses, you'll need a few hours to charge, sabihin mo sa bisita mo, eto diyaryo, magbasa ka muna, magcha-charge pa kasi ang battery ng 3D glasses, e ...  :( .   

After 2 hours, wala pa ring charge.  Sira na pala ang battery, ayaw nang mag retain ng charge.  Saan ka ngayon bibili ng replacement battery?  Sabi mo sa bisita, hahanap muna ako ng rechargeable battery, pag naka-order, siguro balik ka after 2 months, pero pag walang ma-order na battery, wag ka na lang bumalik ...  :D 

Pag CR2025 ang battery mo, kahit sa grocery puwede mong bilhin.

===================================

SSG-4100GB yata ang 3D glasses na pinag-uusapan nila sa page 2 of this thread:

Sir how much yung additional pair of 3d glass?

Eyeglass at p999. each.
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2012 at 11:40 AM by barrister »

Offline leekumkee

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Dec 02, 2012 at 08:42 AM »
Been using this set for 5 months now. Haven't experience the buzzing sound and fade to black flicker (or baka hindi ko lang alam tingnan). But the brightness pop is present in my unit. Not a big deal for me, but it will be much better if Samsung can rectify this problem.

I bought this TV to use primary in watching movies. But now, I'm thinking to get a game console and use this TV as a monitor. (balik sa pag ka bata :D)

Anyone of you sir's of Pinoydvd used this TV on their PS3/Xbox? How its performance?

Thank you :)

Offline Macmon

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Dec 02, 2012 at 11:13 AM »
Sir Barrister,
Thanks... hehehe I see your point regarding rechargeable  batteries. Hindi ba na sabotage ng PANASONIC batteries yung 3D glassess ng SAMSUNG? :)

So the older infrared glasses of Samsung wont be able to be used for this TV already? or is this tv capable of using either BT or IR.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Dec 02, 2012 at 11:38 AM »
Sir Barrister,
Thanks... hehehe I see your point regarding rechargeable  batteries. Hindi ba na sabotage ng PANASONIC batteries yung 3D glassess ng SAMSUNG? :)

:D  Friends naman ang Sammy and Panny, so walang sabotage diyan sir.  Kung Apple ang gumawa ng battery, baka magduda pa ko, baka pumutok yung battery habang suot ko yung 3D glasses ...  ;D   

So the older infrared glasses of Samsung wont be able to be used for this TV already? or is this tv capable of using either BT or IR.

That's right.  This TV does not have an IR sensor for 3D glasses, so the old Sammy IR 3D glasses will not be compatible and will not work.

Wala talagang kuwenta ang IR glasses, laos na.  Sa IR, madalas maputol ang active 3D synchronization.  Pag nasa side ng TV, putol; pag medyo malayo sa TV, putol; pag may taong naglalakad at tumawid sa harap ng TV, putol na naman.  IR glasses are for Fred Flintstone; BT glasses are for George Jetson...  ;)   

« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2012 at 11:41 AM by barrister »

Offline griv

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 07:27 AM »

Anyone of you sir's of Pinoydvd used this TV on their PS3/Xbox? How its performance?

We use ours on the PS3 and performance is great! 3D capable games are awesome, actually with the e550's capability to convert 2D to 3D all non-3D games can be played in 3D.

By the way, my issue regarding connecting to the internet had been solved, it was a faulty LAN cable, however, I am still unable to connect via wifi, it can't detect my wireless network.
When you are with me, I'm free...I'm careless...I believe...

Offline Macmon

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 08:59 AM »
Can you convert the 2D movies to 3D using the 2D to 3D conversion?

Offline Neon Tetra

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 09:40 AM »
Does the Samsung E550 plasma suffer from spontaneous spider crack/s defects/issue?

Has anyone here in pinoydvd experienced the spontaneous spider cracks for their Samsung E550 or their Sansung E8000 Plasma TV?

TIA 

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 10:53 AM »
Does the Samsung E550 plasma suffer from spontaneous spider crack/s defects/issue?

On pinoydvd, I've never read any post about a cracked Samsung E550 screen, or any cracked Samsung plasma screen or, for that matter, any cracked plasma screen of any brand.

I only read about cracked Samsung plasma screens on foreign forums.  But even on those forums, I haven't read about any spontaneously cracking 2012 Samsung plasma screen (E550 is a 2012 model).  It's a bit reassuring, although it doesn't mean that 2012 Sammy plasmas no longer have the issue, since it's still too early to say for sure. 

However, don't think that spontaneously cracking screens don't happen on Panny and LG plasmas:

Panny:  http://www.avsforum.com/t/1289851/panasonic-plasma-tc-p50g20-developed-internal-screen-crack-by-itself

LG: http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1287006-screen-lg-plasma-cracks-itself.html

=========================================

Can you convert the 2D movies to 3D using the 2D to 3D conversion?

Yes, it can convert 2D to 3D, but results are lousy. 

You'll try it out for a few minutes, then you'll never use it again ...  :D

« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2012 at 11:09 AM by barrister »

Offline Neon Tetra

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 12:08 PM »
Tnx re feedback on spider cracks issue.

Nakaka-praning lang minsan kasi pag nabasa mo, sa amazon.com, yung reviews re the spider cracks on samsung E550 and E8000.

Prone ba sa Image Retention (IR) ang E550 and E8000?

Offline skooter

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 01:30 PM »
@neon tetra lahat ng plasma screen ay prone sa IR but the burn-out screen is something you have to watch-out but if you don't want this kind of situation get an LED screen instead.

Offline Neon Tetra

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 01:45 PM »
Tnx Sir Skooter.

What's the difference between Imgae Retention and Burnt-Out Screen?

Assuming you have the budget, which among the following will you purchase:

a.)     Samsung 51E8000 Plasma TV, with free: HTE; Audio Dock; wireless keyboard; 2 pairs of active 3D glasses; IR Blaster; and touch pad remote, at Php81K

b.)     LG 55LM7600 LED TV, with free: 10 pairs of passive 3D glasses; 2 pairs of dual play glasses; and magic remote, at Php89K

c.)     Sony 55HX855 LED TV, with free 2 pairs of active 3D glasses and bunchin stand, at Php120K.

What is your first choice, 2nd choice, and last choice, among the above, and why?

TIA

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 04:36 PM »
Tnx re feedback on spider cracks issue.

Nakaka-praning lang minsan kasi pag nabasa mo, sa amazon.com, yung reviews re the spider cracks on samsung E550 and E8000.

Na-search ko na ang amazon.  2010 and 2011 Samsung plasma naman ang sinasabi sa E550 and E8000 comments.  Spontaneous crack comment sa 2012 Samsung plasma, wala.  Or, wala pa sa ngayon...   :(  ewan natin...  ;) 

Prone ba sa Image Retention (IR) ang E550 and E8000?

Nagkakaroon din ng IR, but not prone to IR.  Yung 51E550 ko, nagkakaroon din ng IR, pero minutes lang wala na.

Comparing Panny, LG and Sammy, the most IR-resistant is Sammy sa ngayon.  Pero yung old Sammy plasma (around 10 years ago), palpak, hindi lang IR, burn pa. 

Among the Samsung 2012 models, best IR resistance is on the big Samsungs 60 inch and up.  Smaller models have slight IR.

Samsung plasma 60E6500 --- zero IR:

http://asia.cnet.com/samsung-plasma-wins-cnets-accidental-burn-in-test-62216457.htm

Ang Samsung plasma, palpak dati.  Biglang gumanda starting 2011.  May issues pa rin, pero biglang nagkaroon ng jump in improvement.

Tnx Sir Skooter.

What's the difference between Imgae Retention and Burnt-Out Screen?

Pasintabi kay sir skooter, makikisabat na ako.

Burn-in (BI) is non-uniform screen phosphor burn, where a portion gets darker because the phosphor burn is more severe in that area.  Wala nang BI issue ngayon on any of the 3 plasma brands, so it's now a non-issue.

Image Retention (IR) is caused by residual charge in the plasma cell.  It has nothing to do with phosphors, so it's very different from BI, even if the two look similar when you see them on a plasma screen.  Pag may naiwan na charge, may ghost image na naiiwan.  Pero temporary lang yon, nawawala rin pag pumantay na ang charge sa ibang cells.  That's not like BI, which is permanent, kasi sunog na yung phosphor at hindi na maibabalik yung pre-burn status ng prematurely aged phosphor. 

Yan ang consensus na definition ng mga video enthusiasts sa internet.  Don't get confused when reviewers say burn-in when they really mean IR, kasi mga bagong terminology yan na wala naman sa dictionary, kaya nagkakaiba-iba rin ng gamit.   

Ang problema sa IR, temporary nga, pero minsan sobrang tagal ng retention.  Sa newer Panny (around 2010 to the present models), minsan inaabot ng weeks, meron pa rin.  Si among Carlo777 nga may naalala akong post, yung Panny plasma niya (2010?) meron daw IR na sobrang tagal na, parang hindi na raw mawawala.  Gamer kasi siya e.

« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2012 at 05:34 PM by barrister »

Offline Neon Tetra

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 07:13 PM »
Tnx for the info sirs.

Ok lang yung IR basta nawawala in a few minutes or even in a few hours. Yung bottom line, basta nawawala siya.

Hindi ba masisira yung plasma tv pag nanood ka ng DVD tapos may horizontal black bands sa upper portion and lower portion ng screen? Baka di mawala yung horizontal black bands na yun? 

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 08:37 PM »
Ok lang yung IR basta nawawala in a few minutes or even in a few hours. Yung bottom line, basta nawawala siya.

Hindi ba masisira yung plasma tv pag nanood ka ng DVD tapos may horizontal black bands sa upper portion and lower portion ng screen? Baka di mawala yung horizontal black bands na yun?

Black bars magiging IR.   Mawawala rin yon.  Kaya lang pag matagal ang IR, pag malapit nang mawala, tamang tamang manonood ka na naman ng may black bars.  Kaya wala nang katapusan yung black bars mo.

Pero sabi mo basta nawawala ok lang di ba?  :D

« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2012 at 08:42 PM by barrister »

Offline Neon Tetra

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 10:01 PM »
Yup, basta mawawala yung IR na horizontal bars, ok lang....hahahaha....

Nakaka-tempt lang yung Samsung 51E550 at yung Samsung 51E8000, pag-nakita mo sa mall......

Offline Macmon

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Dec 05, 2012 at 12:46 AM »
If the E550 goes down to the 40T range (lower half) I will definitely consider this.

Offline Assassin101

• Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Dec 05, 2012 at 09:15 AM »
Just went to S&S last night, the 51E550 is really tempting. Still convincing my wife for the upgrade with a price less than 50k you really can't resist.

Offline Neon Tetra

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Dec 05, 2012 at 09:22 AM »
Konting antay lang at mag price-drop din yan.....sa 40T level....