Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 869934 times)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #720 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 10:33 PM »
Ganda ng laban ng USA vs Lithuania   :)

Yeah, it was a dogfight.  Lebron showed who the best player is in this team as he carried USA to victory over a very talented Lithuania team.

Earlier Russia beat Spain. 

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #721 on: Aug 05, 2012 at 11:20 AM »
Sila kleiza LNG nhirpn p sila...tsk..

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #722 on: Aug 05, 2012 at 11:52 AM »
Nagcatch up na mga international players sa level ng mga nba players. Di na talaga mauulit ang dream team nina MJ.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Hitman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #723 on: Aug 05, 2012 at 01:33 PM »
Now they are saying hey can beat the 92 dream team? In their dreams! Haha

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2228
« Reply #724 on: Aug 05, 2012 at 01:54 PM »
5 point lead lang!? Ano ba yan? Walang ka-kwenta kwenta tong US NBA team na to.
Baka sa Russia matalo na sila, me sa demonyo mga shooters dun.

Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 382
« Reply #725 on: Aug 05, 2012 at 03:41 PM »
Can't wait for that inevitable USA-RUSSIA matchup ......

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2669
« Reply #726 on: Aug 05, 2012 at 05:25 PM »
nasa moa kanina si coach spo pati yung championship trophy ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #727 on: Aug 05, 2012 at 10:29 PM »
nasa moa kanina si coach spo pati yung championship trophy ;D

i wonder if that's the actual trophy or just a replica? i'm leaning towards the latter

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #728 on: Aug 05, 2012 at 10:36 PM »

nauuna kasi ang yabang. i bet the 98 utah jazz can easily beat that Lithuanian squad

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #729 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 01:44 AM »
nauuna kasi ang yabang. i bet the 98 utah jazz can easily beat that Lithuanian squad

ang baba naman ng tingin nyo sa Lithuanian team.. the Lithuanians have always been one of the stronger teams in international basketball.. they used to comprise most the Soviet Union team dati and they've been in the top 4 of the Olympics since 1992, finishing bronze 3 times.. the way the Lithuanians played the other day, pupulutin sa kangkungan yung '98 Jazz kung sila naglaban..

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #730 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 03:10 AM »
Baltic teams are typically fundamentally sound, have great positional acumen and high basketball IQ. 

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #731 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 04:36 AM »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #732 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 04:37 AM »

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2669
« Reply #733 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 05:28 AM »
i wonder if that's the actual trophy or just a replica? i'm leaning towards the latter

actual trophy yan sir. nung natapos na meron silang dalang storage with lock para lang sa trophy ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #734 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 05:53 AM »
actual trophy yan sir. nung natapos na meron silang dalang storage with lock para lang sa trophy ;D

Yes actual trophy. Nakita namin si Coach Spo sa Megamall kahapon ng 230pm. Tuwang tuwa yun 11 yr old son ko! Nagkaroon ng open forum with the audience si Coach and one of the quesions was "Who is best Filipino player for him?" Sagot ni Spo, "Jaworski!"

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #735 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 07:23 AM »

nice. sabi siguro ni Spo: "uwi ako pinas dalhin ko yung trophy ha? wag ka na umangal Pat!"  ;D

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #736 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 07:44 AM »
ang baba naman ng tingin nyo sa Lithuanian team.. the Lithuanians have always been one of the stronger teams in international basketball.. they used to comprise most the Soviet Union team dati and they've been in the top 4 of the Olympics since 1992, finishing bronze 3 times.. the way the Lithuanians played the other day, pupulutin sa kangkungan yung '98 Jazz kung sila naglaban..

so maybe i am exaggerating a little bit. my point is, that Lithuanian team don't have half the talent that the US team do. and with the way fanboys hail these so called unstoppable freaks of nature (US team) they should dispatch each and every opponent with very little effort then. 

and to think kung maglalaro sa NBA yung mga Lithuanians na yun ay madodominate nila yung league? their best player isn't even a regular starter (kleiza). how many european superstars have become real NBA superstars? sasha danilovic? vlade divac? toni kukoc? arvydas sabonis? just one, Dirk Nowitzki. 

ofcourse i'm rambling but bring that Lithuanian team to the NBA do you honestly think they'll dominate, make the playoffs? get the number one seed? win a title?

it's not the international scene that's getting stronger, it's the US squad that's on the decline. after the 96 US team, it seems US squads have forgotten to play team basketball which is the foundation in international competition. that is the reason why international teams win, their lack of superhuman talent is offset by terrific team game.that's the reason why i said the 98 Utah Jazz can beat those guys, because they can play good team basketball

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #737 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 07:46 AM »
Yes actual trophy. Nakita namin si Coach Spo sa Megamall kahapon ng 230pm. Tuwang tuwa yun 11 yr old son ko! Nagkaroon ng open forum with the audience si Coach and one of the quesions was "Who is best Filipino player for him?" Sagot ni Spo, "Jaworski!"

Hello, yep authentic trophy daw, kami sa SM North umattend :)

Coach Spo doing a Bruce Campbell impersonation hehe

Kinagabihan sayang, may nagoffer ng ticket sakin na friend sa Interactive Party. Kainggit mga photos niya with coach sa FB page niya hehe

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2012 at 07:49 AM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline Philjonc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I just love music...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #738 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 08:03 AM »

Coach Spo with the trophy at SM MOA Aug 05,2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ELpBuSAtA

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #739 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 09:11 AM »
so maybe i am exaggerating a little bit. my point is, that Lithuanian team don't have half the talent that the US team do. and with the way fanboys hail these so called unstoppable freaks of nature (US team) they should dispatch each and every opponent with very little effort then. 

and to think kung maglalaro sa NBA yung mga Lithuanians na yun ay madodominate nila yung league? their best player isn't even a regular starter (kleiza). how many european superstars have become real NBA superstars? sasha danilovic? vlade divac? toni kukoc? arvydas sabonis? just one, Dirk Nowitzki. 

ofcourse i'm rambling but bring that Lithuanian team to the NBA do you honestly think they'll dominate, make the playoffs? get the number one seed? win a title?

it's not the international scene that's getting stronger, it's the US squad that's on the decline. after the 96 US team, it seems US squads have forgotten to play team basketball which is the foundation in international competition. that is the reason why international teams win, their lack of superhuman talent is offset by terrific team game.that's the reason why i said the 98 Utah Jazz can beat those guys, because they can play good team basketball

one thing that could've contributed is that the newer USA teams didn't have the luxury of having dominating centers in their line-up. also, amateur rules are different from NBA rules so you can't compare the Lithuanians playing in the international scene and them playing in the NBA as a whole team. talent can only get you so far, it's not an assurance that it will take you all the way. medyo one dimensional ang tingin mo sir sa international competition.

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #740 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 09:46 AM »
one thing that could've contributed is that the newer USA teams didn't have the luxury of having dominating centers in their line-up. also, amateur rules are different from NBA rules so you can't compare the Lithuanians playing in the international scene and them playing in the NBA as a whole team. talent can only get you so far, it's not an assurance that it will take you all the way. medyo one dimensional ang tingin mo sir sa international competition.

you couldn't be more wrong sir. i actually stressed that team basketball is the key to international basketball. you see i'm not knocking on international teams, i'm knocking on the overhyped US team. and it should be fair to compare the Lithuanians to play in the NBA since it's the US team playing under FIBA rules now, so why isn't it fair to reverse roles? i merely pointed out Lithuania playing in the NBA because they play better team game on their home teams (compared to having a bunch of superegos trying to play as one cohesive unit). basketball is basketball, without talent even the best plays will not make you a successful team.

a prime example of team basketball is the argentinian team who was the first to win a game against NBA led US team a few years back. i remember that game wherein everybody scored and only one barely made it in double digit scoring. that's a perfect example of team basketball.

as for dominant centers, the 92 dream team wasn't led by scoring by their centers or even michael jordan, rather it was charles barkley (smallest power forward) who dominated. in 96 they did have hakeem and shaq but they went small from time to time with malone playing the center position. they used their lack of size to play fastbreak transition basketball.

i'm rambling again because i do love this game, eversince i first saw a toyota vs crispa game back in the day

*oh and i forgot another key to winning international ball: Fundamentals. which sadly is getting lost to the showboating and ball hogging of today's game
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2012 at 09:53 AM by warmaster »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #741 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 10:02 AM »

Damn, I missed the game yesterday,
was on the road kahapon,..

Close game pa naman, sayang,.. hehehe

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #742 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 10:19 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19734205/preview-group-a-technically-still-up-for-grabs-as-team-usa-takes-on-argentina

No bearing na pala ang game vs Argentina.  Argentina needs to beat USA by 110 points to get top spot in Group A.

So it's a tuneup match na lang for the USA Team.  But after that scary close win vs Lithuania, I foresee the USA will go all out for a convincing win. ;D

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #743 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 10:25 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19734205/preview-group-a-technically-still-up-for-grabs-as-team-usa-takes-on-argentina

No bearing na pala ang game vs Argentina.  Argentina needs to beat USA by 110 points to get top spot in Group A.

So it's a tuneup match na lang for the USA Team.  But after that scary close win vs Lithuania, I foresee the USA will go all out for a convincing win. ;D

araykupo ansaket niyan. pero wag papakasiguro ang US team because the Argentinians will be playing for pride so malamang na makapanood pa rin ng magandang laban

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #744 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 10:55 AM »
ano na ang possible QF matchups?

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #745 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 11:32 AM »

since '92, the US teams have won international competitions because of one thing alone--- superior talent. They've never relied on team play. That '92 Dream Team played NBA type basketball. They were way, way better than their opponents and that's why they dominated. It was never because of team ball. It was isolation most of the time. And the passing was just for highlight reels. The succeeding US teams did the same. One-on-one basketball and highlight reels. That was how US teams played in the Olympics and World Championships.

But in 2000, international basketball found an antidote to NBA basketball--- ball movement and outside shooting.. with not much talent, they worked on crisp passing, quickened the pace and focused on outside shooting.. they had almost perfected it by then kaya muntikan na matalo yung 2000 US team against Lithuania and France.. and by 2002 World Championships, Argentina finally perfected it..

the international scene got better and found ways to improve.. US basketball didn't go on a decline but rather, went stagnant until '08 in Beijing.. and even that '08 team still relied mostly on isolation.. they just wanted to win so badly..

that close game the other day vs Lithuania was reminiscent of 2000 Sydney.. coming off huge wins in their previous games, they relaxed and became overconfident.. their shots weren't falling and Lithuania capitalized on it.. they shot the ball well from the outside, they got the rebounds by packing the paint and they moved the ball around.. and the thing that saved the US team was not team ball.. it was superior talent.. Lithuania had no match for Lebron.. the US just isolated Lebron and let him do the work..

when it comes to the US team, never expect them to play team ball.. these players play NBA type basketball throughout their careers.. they just gather every 4 years to play international basketball.. hero-ball and highlight reels are in their DNA.. it'll never change..

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #746 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 11:35 AM »
ano na ang possible QF matchups?

US-Australia
France-Brazil
France-Spain
Argentina-Brazil
Argentina-Spain
Lithuania-Russia

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #747 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 12:12 PM »
^ Just to add to the post above, the game between Spain and Brazil later (before the US-Argentina game) will determine the 2nd and 3rd seeds in Group B. Loser of that game has an easier path in the next rounds (LINK).

All schedules listed reflect PH time:

QUARTERFINAL ROUND

August 8 (Wed), 9 PM

A2 Argentina v. B3 Brazil / Spain

August 8 (Wed), 11:15 PM

B1 Russia v. A4 Lithuania

August 9 (Thu), 3 AM

B2 Brazil / Spain v. A3 France

August 9 (Thu), 5:15 AM

A1 USA v. B4 Australia

SEMIFINAL ROUND

August 11 (Sat)

12 MN  Winner of Argentina - Brazil/Spain v. Winner of Russia - Lithuania

4 AM    Winner of Brazil/Spain - France v. Winner of USA v. Australia

FINAL ROUND

August 12 (Sun)

6 PM    Bronze Medal Game

10 PM  Gold Medal Game
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2012 at 12:19 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #748 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 12:47 PM »
since '92, the US teams have won international competitions because of one thing alone--- superior talent. They've never relied on team play. That '92 Dream Team played NBA type basketball. They were way, way better than their opponents and that's why they dominated. It was never because of team ball. It was isolation most of the time. And the passing was just for highlight reels. The succeeding US teams did the same. One-on-one basketball and highlight reels. That was how US teams played in the Olympics and World Championships.

But in 2000, international basketball found an antidote to NBA basketball--- ball movement and outside shooting.. with not much talent, they worked on crisp passing, quickened the pace and focused on outside shooting.. they had almost perfected it by then kaya muntikan na matalo yung 2000 US team against Lithuania and France.. and by 2002 World Championships, Argentina finally perfected it..

the international scene got better and found ways to improve.. US basketball didn't go on a decline but rather, went stagnant until '08 in Beijing.. and even that '08 team still relied mostly on isolation.. they just wanted to win so badly..

that close game the other day vs Lithuania was reminiscent of 2000 Sydney.. coming off huge wins in their previous games, they relaxed and became overconfident.. their shots weren't falling and Lithuania capitalized on it.. they shot the ball well from the outside, they got the rebounds by packing the paint and they moved the ball around.. and the thing that saved the US team was not team ball.. it was superior talent.. Lithuania had no match for Lebron.. the US just isolated Lebron and let him do the work..

when it comes to the US team, never expect them to play team ball.. these players play NBA type basketball throughout their careers.. they just gather every 4 years to play international basketball.. hero-ball and highlight reels are in their DNA.. it'll never change..

Now this argument I can take ;D  Bingo!  When you say the Dream Team can never be beaten by the USA Team 2012 or by any team for that matter really bothers me.  In 1992, the world was caught unprepared for a powerhouse team such as the Dream Team.  The mere mention of the names Bird, Magic, Barkley & of course the great Jordan sent shivers to everyone.  Not only were they unprepared, but the other teams were also STARSTRUCK during games, as if they were playing against demi gods.

Over the years, the rest of the world has vastly evolved.  Their attitude has changed ever since.  They are no longer afraid or starstruck.  Now, they believe that the USA Team can be defeated.  The landscape has changed a lot since '92.  Feeling nila they can take on the Americans, no matter how much talent team USA brings in. In 1992, the mindset was the Americans can never be beaten.  No longer true in 2012.

So comparing the 1992 Dream Team versus the 2012 Team USA at face value and by mere stats alone, to me, is nonsense.  Why?  Because we fail to consider the vast achievements of the other countries. Plus many other factors.

And don't blame Kobe for this.  Blame the media for asking silly questions such as, "Do you think you can beat Dream Team '92?"  Do you think Kobe will answer with a wimpy "No" or "No Comment"?  That's badass Black Mamba dude.  Had they asked Durant, maybe the mild mannered KD will have a different answer and wala ng discussion ngayon :D
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2012 at 12:57 PM by mattia »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #749 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 12:54 PM »
Regardless if todays Olympic BBall teams are better than in 1992, the 1992 Dream Team still wins based on Smarts. <-- just like what Jordan said.

A team with Melo, Harden, Igoudala and Westbrook? End Debate.  ;D

Lets compare US team head to head only and lets not use how both teams would play other olympic teams as examples.

1992 Team can still run circles to todays international teams. They can find better ways than the 2012s.

Mas may pagasa pa 2008 Team to beat the 1992 Team.
There's a chance but wouldn't count on it.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2012 at 01:13 PM by rex.reyesiii »