Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 859762 times)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #900 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM »
malagpasan kaya nila ang 72-10 standings ng Bulls dati?

Not anytime soon, not by any team yet,...

That was the best DYNASTY ever...

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #901 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM »
Sorry guys...

Lakers just acquired Howard without giving up Gasol.

Waiting for stern to nix deal due to basketball reasons.

LINK
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8252042/sources-dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-four-team-deal-complete

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #902 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM »
Its has always been like this, other teammates just bailed him out when winning games. The article is just saying what the BBall World has already said before (even Phil Jackson)...

"Be Like LeBron".  ;D

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/19/phil-jackson-says-he-wanted-kobe-to-play-more-like-lebron/

Paano yan, sabi ni Kobe sa isang reporter  "I can't learn anything from my young USA teamates", including LBJ ..

When a news reporter suggested Bryant was the best U.S offensive player in the low post other than center Tyson Chandler, Bryant stopped the question.

“No, no, no,” Bryant said. “Not other than Tyson Chandler. I'm the best post player on this team, period. Tyson Chandler is not in that conversation.”

Asked what it's like to be the old guy on the team, Bryant said, “I'm where everybody wants to get to. I just happen to be still playing.”

“Can you learn anything from these young guys?” he was asked.

Bryant: “No.”

“You know everything?”

Bryant: “I don't know if I know it all, but I know more than they do.”

full article : http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19761779/kobe-says-he-cant-learn-anything-from-his-young-team-usa-teammates

iba talaga kayabangan nitong si mamba noh? ::)

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #903 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM »
Wow ......

** The NUGGETS let go of a rising (and non-expensive) Arron Afflalo, a still decent Al Harrington (good stretch-four) and a future first-round pick ..... for Andre Igoudala, who'll be a free-agent next year and command a near-max contract?

What is with the NUGGETS and players with AI initials ?

** The 76ers might have operated with the fact that they're going to lose Igoudala anyway (who'll be an expensive free-agent next year) ..... so, they get a legit center in Bynum - who might not even resign next year.

Best case, they convince Bynum to re-sign next year ....... worst case, they rent Bynum for a better playoff run, just for this season.

** MAGIC GM Hennigan might not be a genius after all ...... the earlier Houston offer was a better deal, since the ROCKETS were willing to absorb their bad contracts (including Turkoglo's albatross contract).

For the NBA's best center .... all that they get is Afflalo, Harrington, scrubs and (protected) 1st round picks?

Why not just wait until the trade deadline (FEB next year), where there will be far more juicier trade baits to consider ?

** No surprise ..... for the nth time, the LAKERS get the league's best center!

Dwight Howard says that he wont sign a contract extension and will become a free-agent next year ....... consider the choices next year though - re-sign for more money with the LAKERS (Bryant, Nash & Gasol) or sign-up for less money with the MAVS (Nowitzki) ?

Very easy decision for Howard I'd say.

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 10:44 AM by newwaveboy »

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #904 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM »
Teams get "Mitch Kupchack-ed", lets just accept it.  ;D

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #905 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 10:58 AM »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #906 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 10:58 AM »

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #907 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM »
Magic got totally raped. Well, at least the 'Dwightmare' is over.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #908 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 11:04 AM »
parang i see a pattern...

d12 goes to orlando, doesnt win a title there,  goes to lakers, will win 3 titles, maybe go to heat win 2??, then phoenix, then cleveland then boston.. san pa ba?

so sino nga ba ang totoong superman?

*nalimutan ko... after which he will retire make a presscon about him not hitting his free throws..... and be a TNT analyst...
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM by Waxx »

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #909 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM »
^Will have a starring role in a movie as a 5000 yr old genie.  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM by rusty »

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 941
« Reply #910 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM »
Assuming that the deal won't get nixed for basketball reasons and of course rehabilitation of a bad back, the Lakers management assembled a very good team while giving up so little. The line up that they will have theoretically is even better than the championship line up that they had three years ago.

Sad to say that the lineup will be led by coach with a lesser pedigree than the Zen Master and If they have a poor showing this year with that lineup my guess is that Coach Brown will be kicked out of the curb. A poor showing is anything less than the Western conference finals for them. Expectations will be sky high for the purple and gold.

if I were Coach Brown I will give Nash free reign to run the team to his hearts content just like what D'Antoni did years back in Phoenix. Nash must be salivating right now at his offensive options on the floor. Being the assist leader this year is not far fetched.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #911 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM »
It would be interesting to know what Kobe thinks about this trade.  He has always quietly been against any move that would bring Howard to LA.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #912 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM »

Eto kailangan ng LA.

...tatlong bola. ;D

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #913 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM »

feeling ko parang lakers 2004 yan.. haha...

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #914 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM »
Assuming that the deal won't get nixed for basketball reasons and of course rehabilitation of a bad back, the Lakers management assembled a very good team while giving up so little. The line up that they will have theoretically is even better than the championship line up that they had three years ago.

Sad to say that the lineup will be led by coach with a lesser pedigree than the Zen Master and If they have a poor showing this year with that lineup my guess is that Coach Brown will be kicked out of the curb. A poor showing is anything less than the Western conference finals for them. Expectations will be sky high for the purple and gold.

if I were Coach Brown I will give Nash free reign to run the team to his hearts content just like what D'Antoni did years back in Phoenix. Nash must be salivating right now at his offensive options on the floor. Being the assist leader this year is not far fetched.

How about the Defense? Can someone there stop Durant and Westbrook?

With Ibaka and Perkins etc I think OKC can still match up well with the Lakers but again who stops Durant etc?

I think we should not sleep on OKC yet. Yeah I think Coach Brown has some sleepless nights ahead.  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 12:28 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #915 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM »
Effin' Rob Hennigan ..... he was supposed to be the new sheriff-in-town for the MAGIC.

He was supposed to be the voice of reason and logic, after the bad-spending ways of previous GM Otis Smith.

Look at the result of his first big test as GM ..... the MAGIC lost the league's best center for the sum total of Afflalo, Harrington, scrubs & future (protected) draft picks.

Hennigan disregarded much better trade offers from the ROCKETS, NETS & other teams .....  he could've even waited until the next trade deadline, where the trade offers will become more enticing and aplenty.

Hennigan held the trump card, but folded like a wimp ..... sorry Orlando. 

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2182
« Reply #916 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 01:37 PM »
Glenn "Big Baby" Davies will now be the star of the Orlando Magic? Anyone here fans of the Magic!? Aminin!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #917 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 01:39 PM »
Basta ako excited na ako sa season.  :P

Lakers rebuilding on the fly once again.   Its what they do.   One can speculate on how things are gonna run on the offense....or the lack of creativity on the part of Mike Brown.  But you cannot deny the Lakers did a good job in this off season.

Nash and Howard added, without giving up Gasol???   Wow....thats one great problem to have.

Highlight all you want regarding perceived weaknesses of this team, basta ako manonood na lang ako.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 01:41 PM by Munskie »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #918 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 01:50 PM »

Lakers rebuilding on the fly once again.   Its what they do.   One can speculate on how things are gonna run on the offense....or the lack of creativity on the part of Mike Brown.  But you cannot deny the Lakers did a good job in this off season.

Nash and Howard added, without giving up Gasol???   Wow....thats one great problem to have.

Highlight all you want regarding perceived weaknesses of this team, basta ako manonood na lang ako.

What are the chances that Stern and the NBA officials will approve of the trade?  If Stern turned down a CP3 to Lakers last year, what more of Howard?  Ano sa tingin nyo guys?  Baka i thumbs down ni Stern?

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #919 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 02:21 PM »

same here.. I cant wait to watch the LAL this season :)

banat na mga LAL haters ... we know OKC & MIA still the team to beat.

GO LAL!!!!

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #920 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 02:25 PM »
What are the chances that Stern and the NBA officials will approve of the trade?  If Stern turned down a CP3 to Lakers last year, what more of Howard?  Ano sa tingin nyo guys?  Baka i thumbs down ni Stern?

CP3 was with the Hornets then, NBA owned. This is different.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #921 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 02:25 PM »
^^ yep Mia's Position-less Basketball System is still the one to beat.

imho if one team rely on positions, then an opposite team that can match up well can beat them, hence my presumption on what would happen e.g. with the current West champion vs. The Lakers.

Durant+Westbrook will still be "the" problem. No hate there. :)
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 02:26 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #922 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 02:50 PM »

imho if one team rely on positions, then an opposite team that can match up well can beat them, hence my presumption on what would happen e.g. with the current West champion vs. The Lakers.

i agree. though i'm a Lakers fan (Miami fan primarily), OKC is still the team to beat in the West. mas solid ang chemistry nila. I still would love to watch a LAL-MIA Finals though :D

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #923 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 02:51 PM »
CP3 was with the Hornets then, NBA owned. This is different.

Ayos.  I hope this pushes thru but I have some doubts because really, this puts other teams at a disadvantage and I foresee a lot of owners protesting.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #924 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 02:56 PM »

Yep OKC team to beat till they are dethroned as West Champs.   No doubt bout that.

They did made their off season move of signing Thabeet.   Lakers countered with Howard.  ;D

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #925 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 02:59 PM »
^ Yep. LOL @Thabeet

Well lets not underestimate anyone I guess.  ;D

If Mitch can still work his magic(pun intended), he should get a Durant stopper.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #926 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 03:22 PM »
Ayos.  I hope this pushes thru but I have some doubts because really, this puts other teams at a disadvantage and I foresee a lot of owners protesting.

No reason for Commish Stern to void this one ...... the league owned the HORNETS awhile back, which mandated him to act in ways beneficial to the team (voiding the past deal).

However, there will definitely be a lot of owners & fans (even Lakers fans) which would find this Howard trade "unfair" ...... cant blame them though ..... time and again, the LAKERS have gotten the best bigs from smaller-market teams.

Can't also blame the LAKERS - they have the inherent advantage of being a showcase team & having aggressive ownership ..... they also have the undeniable pull of Hollywood.

If there's anyone to blame here ...... blame the "ignorant" trading partners who allow themselves to get pressured into sh*tty deals e.g. MAGIC GM Rob Hennigan, GRIZZLIES GM Chris Wallace, etc.

Just a few weeks ago, the MAGIC had far superior trade proposals with the ROCKETS & NETS ..... yet GM Hennigan turned them down.

The Orlando MAGIC sh*t on themselves bigtime with this lopsided Dwight Howard deal.

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 03:23 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #927 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 03:26 PM »
Lakers still need to get a reliable back-up for Kobe.

someone who can create his own shot off the dribble, play good D, and hit the open 3.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #928 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 03:36 PM »
Lakers still need to get a reliable back-up for Kobe.

someone who can create his own shot off the dribble, play good D, and hit the open 3.

^ Yes lalo na kay Durant. I'm sure he has matured thanks to his experience vs LeBron sa Finals. Medyo tumatanda narin si World Peace and Barnes is... now getting injured alot lately.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 03:38 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #929 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 03:55 PM »
^ Yes lalo na kay Durant. I'm sure he has matured thanks to his experience vs LeBron sa Finals. Medyo tumatanda narin si World Peace and Barnes is... now getting injured alot lately.

i forgot to mention that they also need another SF to back-up MWP.

Ebanks has lots of potential but his game is still raw for the NBA.

and malabo na bumalik si Matt Barnes sa Lakers, due to his inconsistent play and nagging injuries.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2012 at 04:02 PM by 5zig3n »