Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 869640 times)

Offline jcsantamarina

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1050 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 09:10 PM »
Hey guys!

Is there any way to watch this game via the internet?

Destiny Cable and Internet has done it again.
No service here in Mandaluyong.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #1051 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 09:10 PM »
That 4th foul on Marc Gasol is huge, 5 mins left pa in the second quarter.
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2012 at 09:14 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #1052 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 09:16 PM »
daming foul sa laro na 'to. tapos si Westbrook nagkakalat.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1053 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 09:23 PM »
Still not good enough though.  He could have insisted on getting Pau Gasol.  If the team doesn't want him, then trade him to Houston who all the while salivated on getting the Spaniard.  With Houston clearing their roster, Hennigan could've gotten additional rookies, picks or even one huge trade exception estimated at around $19M.  In the event Hennigan doesn't really want to acquire Gasol, at least find a way to likewise get rid of Hedo.  

Plus how can you trade the NBA's best center for lottery protected picks?  The picks Orlando got were estimated to be at the mid-teens to the 20's.  That alone is a bad move. After all the posturing and delay in negotiations with the Nets and the Rockets hoping for the best deal, Hennigan settled for the worst.

Howard held the franchise hostage by telling everyone that he will only re-sign with the Nets. And if you are trading the best center in the league, you can never win in that trade.

Gasol would be nice, I was wishing for him too but then long-term wise it won't fit the rebuilding plans of Orlando. He earns $19M per season and is also an aging forward/center. Regarding the Nets, their trade offer sucks. Lopez is injury-prone and a non-rebounding machine with a salary of $14M then you add Mr. Kardashian who earns $9M. The Nets already traded their picks to Atlanta in exchange for Joe Johnson. The picks they are offering may be 100 years from now.  ??? Orlando will be a perennial loser for a really long time that way.

The offer by the Rockets was intriguing though where they were trying to trade the TOR 1st round pick, their own pick, Kevin Martin with his expiring contract and some fillers. I believe the negotiation didn't work out because they aren't keen in trading both Parsons and Lamb while taking on Richardson and Duhon's contract.

I believe Hennigan grabbed the best opportunity they can get and I guess that's next on his list--- trading Turkoglu and Harrington to complete the rebuilding process. But I may not want to part with Turkoglu yet since ORL doesn't have a backup point guard at this time, he is still a serviceable facilitator in his position plus I'm not confident in Harkless and Harper getting major minutes at SF.

As for the picks, it was written that Hennigan's strengths were in drafting, scouting and player development. I actually liked the picks they had this year, Andrew Nicholson and Kyle O'Quinn. Both had outstanding showing in the summer league. These two came from small schools in the NCAA. If they were playing for a bigger school, they could have been drafted higher.

As the saying goes, if you are down, there is no way to go but up --- I just hope Orlando doesn't deliberately tank this year  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2012 at 09:30 PM by sientobente »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1054 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 09:54 PM »
Dikitan,... What a game,...

;)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1055 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 09:56 PM »
Howard held the franchise hostage by telling everyone that he will only re-sign with the Nets. And if you are trading the best center in the league, you can never win in that trade.

Gasol would be nice, I was wishing for him too but then long-term wise it won't fit the rebuilding plans of Orlando. He earns $19M per season and is also an aging forward/center. Regarding the Nets, their trade offer sucks. Lopez is injury-prone and a non-rebounding machine with a salary of $14M then you add Mr. Kardashian who earns $9M. The Nets already traded their picks to Atlanta in exchange for Joe Johnson. The picks they are offering may be 100 years from now.  ??? Orlando will be a perennial loser for a really long time that way.

The offer by the Rockets was intriguing though where they were trying to trade the TOR 1st round pick, their own pick, Kevin Martin with his expiring contract and some fillers. I believe the negotiation didn't work out because they aren't keen in trading both Parsons and Lamb while taking on Richardson and Duhon's contract.

I believe Hennigan grabbed the best opportunity they can get and I guess that's next on his list--- trading Turkoglu and Harrington to complete the rebuilding process. But I may not want to part with Turkoglu yet since ORL doesn't have a backup point guard at this time, he is still a serviceable facilitator in his position plus I'm not confident in Harkless and Harper getting major minutes at SF.

As for the picks, it was written that Hennigan's strengths were in drafting, scouting and player development. I actually liked the picks they had this year, Andrew Nicholson and Kyle O'Quinn. Both had outstanding showing in the summer league. These two came from small schools in the NCAA. If they were playing for a bigger school, they could have been drafted higher.

As the saying goes, if you are down, there is no way to go but up --- I just hope Orlando doesn't deliberately tank this year  ;D

Brook Lopez is a decent center. Orlando can still re-evaluate him if he fits into their plans. If not, he is not that hard to trade away. Plenty of teams these days even overpay for a back up center. There will always be a market for a starting caliber center. Humphries was then a filler willing to resign for just a year. So he is not that hard to move either.  Orlando nevertheless took in Afflalo, Vucevic and Harrington. Wouldn't you rather have Lopez, Humphries and Marshon Brooks?

Gasol despite his age and contract is still an asset coveted by several teams. The Rockets would be a willing partnerif it involved acquiring the Spaniard. Orlando wouldn't even be obligated to take back a player. They would have gotten a huge trade exception for that!

Houston offered all of their 1st round picks, non-protected picks as well as taking back all undesirable contracts.  With what Hennigan accepted, it is obvious that he was unwilling to take back players with big contracts and eat up cap space.  So deciding factor now would be future draft picks. So why settle for protected lottery picks? 

If that's the case, then the Houston offer would have been the overwhelming choice. Unprotected lottery picks, the 3 1st round picks  and good riddance to cap consuming contracts of Hedo, J-Rich and Duhon in one swoop.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #1056 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM »
di makalayo ang US. ganda ng laro ng Spain.

Offline hls

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • DVD Guru
  • impossible is nothing. just do it.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #1057 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM »
di makalayo ang US. ganda ng laro ng Spain.
Yup. Sulit. Kahit medyo late na.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1058 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM »
30 pts for Kevin Durant. In a gold medal game. #MVP
We deserve better.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1059 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM »
Regarding the Nets, their trade offer sucks. Lopez is injury-prone and a non-rebounding machine with a salary of $14M then you add Mr. Kardashian who earns $9M. The Nets already traded their picks to Atlanta in exchange for Joe Johnson. The picks they are offering may be 100 years from now.  ??? Orlando will be a perennial loser for a really long time that way.

Sir, I think the Nets still have their picks. they only traded a pick they received from HOU in the JJ trade
Orlando would have received:
*unprotected 1st rd picks - 2013,2015,2017,2019
as opposed to:
protected 1st rd picks from the Nuggets' (2014), 76ers' (2015) and Lakers' (2017).

*Humphries - would have been a valuable expiring contract

*Marshon - a promising player still on his rookie contract

*Brook Lopez - would still be overpaid but if you compare his contract to the $51mil they're paying Aflallo/Harrington in the next 3-4 years, it doesn't seem so bad

And the Houston offer seems like a no-brainer. Not sure what went wrong there.

Go SPAIN!!!

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1060 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM »
Talo na  ;D

Offline hls

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • DVD Guru
  • impossible is nothing. just do it.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #1061 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM »
Great game

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1062 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM »
What a game,..! Wooohoooo,..!
107 - 100

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1063 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM »
 LeBron James has won the NBA regular season MVP, an NBA title, the NBA Finals MVP, and a gold medal in 2012.
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM by rusty »

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1064 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM »
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1065 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM »
Tama si Doc Rivers, malaki ang naging improvement ng ibang countries, kaya nahirapan din ang Team USA...

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1066 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM »
pinawisan ang US team! hahaha! si kobe talagang hindi pang international ang style ng laro, masyado mahilig bumabad ng bola.

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1067 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM »
Crucial yung early foul trouble ni marc gasol.. Hindi na sana nakapaglaro ung bopols na felipe reyes who missed 2 important lay-ups at the start of the 4th qtr.

But as was in 2008.. T'was again a very very nice game.. Ang lupit talaga ng kamay ni Durant and Lebron.. 

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1068 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 12:15 AM »
LeBron James has won the NBA regular season MVP, an NBA title, the NBA Finals MVP, and a gold medal in 2012.

Lebron joins Michael Jordan as the only players to have achieved this. Galing talaga ni Lebron.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1069 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 12:39 AM »
Brook Lopez is a decent center. Orlando can still re-evaluate him if he fits into their plans. If not, he is not that hard to trade away. Plenty of teams these days even overpay for a back up center. There will always be a market for a starting caliber center. Humphries was then a filler willing to resign for just a year. So he is not that hard to move either.  Orlando nevertheless took in Afflalo, Vucevic and Harrington. Wouldn't you rather have Lopez, Humphries and Marshon Brooks?

Gasol despite his age and contract is still an asset coveted by several teams. The Rockets would be a willing partnerif it involved acquiring the Spaniard. Orlando wouldn't even be obligated to take back a player. They would have gotten a huge trade exception for that!

Houston offered all of their 1st round picks, non-protected picks as well as taking back all undesirable contracts.  With what Hennigan accepted, it is obvious that he was unwilling to take back players with big contracts and eat up cap space.  So deciding factor now would be future draft picks. So why settle for protected lottery picks? 

If that's the case, then the Houston offer would have been the overwhelming choice. Unprotected lottery picks, the 3 1st round picks  and good riddance to cap consuming contracts of Hedo, J-Rich and Duhon in one swoop.

If Howard got traded to the Nets, they get beaten more times every year since they are in the same conference. The picks too that Orlando were gonna get from them won't be of any value since the Nets will be battling with the Heat year over year for the Eastern Conference Championship. That makes it even difficult for ORL to get to 2nd place in the Eastern Conference. I'll also take Afflalo and Harrington over Humphries and Lopez because them two will just take their mediocrity in Orlando along with their huge contract. Haven't seen the Humphries/Lopez combo take NJ out of the bottom yet unlike Afflalo and Harrington's Denver whose been in the playoffs for the last 2 years. Afflalo can be the best shooting guard Orlando has for the past few years. He's in his prime at 26, brings in defense while scores 15ppg too. Harrington was a strong candidate for 6th man last season, he can provide the energy and scoring from the bench. Vucevic has good potential in becoming a productive center. I actually liked that pickup because his numbers are similar to Marcin Gortat(when he was back in Orlando) and Omer Asik's stats. And he can even shoot the 3. Given some good playing time and touches, I hope he does well. Let's also not forget Harkless, Philly's first round pick this year. I've seen his scouting reports prior to the draft and had wanted him for Orlando so Turk can be let go. He was being compared to Andre Iguodala/Trevor Ariza for his defense. Him and Afflalo will make life a bit more difficult to the opposing team's wings. Marshon Brooks though is an interesting piece but Orlando already has JJ Redick who plays similarly. Orlando also got McBob and Eyenga. McBob is very entertaining to watch. Then Eyenga, uhm who?  ;D

The draft picks they got were also well spread. As per Kobe, he will retire in 2 to 3 years and leave the team to Howard. Then Nash and Gasol may not be there by then too, even if they were, they are too old to play by then. So that means that pick from the Lakers got to be good by then. Philly and Denver doesn't have Howard and they don't have teams to dominate their respective conferences so I believe their picks are good enough. The thing is, you can't trade a superstar and expect the pick you get to be a lottery pick because the team that gets your superstar gets better.

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1070 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 01:30 AM »

Anthony Davis first player to in same year win NCAA title, Final Four Most Outstanding Player award and gold medal since Patrick Ewing in 1984.

Anthony Davis becomes the first player to win an NCAA title and gold medal in same year since Christian Laettner in 1992.

;D
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2012 at 02:33 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1071 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 05:00 AM »
Anthony Davis first player to in same year win NCAA title, Final Four Most Outstanding Player award and gold medal since Patrick Ewing in 1984.

Anthony Davis becomes the first player to win an NCAA title and gold medal in same year since Christian Laettner in 1992.

;D

Not to mention the youngest at 19,...
Swerteng bata,...  ;D

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 980
« Reply #1072 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 05:09 AM »
this is the line up of Minnesota? wow, i hope i can watch as many games as possible in free tv of the Wolves and Washington.

They had to re tool this offseason. Kevin Love gave them an ultimatum two months ago.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1073 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 05:19 AM »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1074 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 07:07 AM »
If Howard got traded to the Nets, they get beaten more times every year since they are in the same conference. The picks too that Orlando were gonna get from them won't be of any value since the Nets will be battling with the Heat year over year for the Eastern Conference Championship. That makes it even difficult for ORL to get to 2nd place in the Eastern Conference.

That's the beauty of unprotected picks versus the ones Orlando got.  No matter how the Nets do during the regular season, those picks still have the potential to maybe turn out to be the 1st overall selection.  A small percentage of that happening yes.  But it can still happen.  Still better than what you have now where your pick has absolutely 0% chance of landing in the lottery.

I'll also take Afflalo and Harrington over Humphries and Lopez because them two will just take their mediocrity in Orlando along with their huge contract. Haven't seen the Humphries/Lopez combo take NJ out of the bottom yet unlike Afflalo and Harrington's Denver whose been in the playoffs for the last 2 years. Afflalo can be the best shooting guard Orlando has for the past few years. He's in his prime at 26, brings in defense while scores 15ppg too. Harrington was a strong candidate for 6th man last season, he can provide the energy and scoring from the bench. Vucevic has good potential in becoming a productive center. I actually liked that pickup because his numbers are similar to Marcin Gortat(when he was back in Orlando) and Omer Asik's stats. And he can even shoot the 3. Given some good playing time and touches, I hope he does well. Let's also not forget Harkless, Philly's first round pick this year. I've seen his scouting reports prior to the draft and had wanted him for Orlando so Turk can be let go. He was being compared to Andre Iguodala/Trevor Ariza for his defense. Him and Afflalo will make life a bit more difficult to the opposing team's wings. Marshon Brooks though is an interesting piece but Orlando already has JJ Redick who plays similarly. Orlando also got McBob and Eyenga. McBob is very entertaining to watch. Then Eyenga, uhm who?  ;D

Brook Lopez is already an nba caliber starting Center at 24.  He puts up about 17ppg and 7rpg for his career.  These kinds of centers don't grow on tress as they say.  And he has yet to approach his prime years so the potential to be a 20-10 center is there.  Kris Humphries is a double-double figure contributor averaging 14ppg and 11rpg.  At 27, also has yet to approach his prime.  Afflalo while being a starting 2, his talents are quite common in today's NBA.  They are a dime a dozen.  The likelihood of finding a player similar to Afflalo's talents are significantly better than finding a seven foot big that produces numbers to what Lopez produces.  Harrington at 32 who scores as much as Humphries during the 2012 season, isn't that much effective in rebounding at 6ppg.  Humphries is younger, more athletic, more active, rebounds better, quicker, you can always plug in Humphries at that 6th man role and since he is younger, can potentially produce better results.  You also already have Glen Davis who plays similarly and is 6 years younger.  Big Baby is more versatile since you can plug him at the 5 and can produce unlike Harrington who is strictly a power forward.  Marshon Brooks on potential likewise would seem to be more talented than JJ Reddick.  As for Harkless, it just adds to the logjam at the 3 and 4 spots where you already have Davis, Hedo, Harrington and Nicholson.  And none of those are centers.

Which brings us back to what Hennigan wants.  If he totally rebuilds from scratch, The returns for Brook Lopez would probably be a top 5-8 protected pick.  Humphries for a late 1st rounder... or both for a huge trade exception.  Afflalo would probably be 2 second round picks.  Vucevic late first rounder or 2nd round pick.  Harrington..... nothing but a filler for future trades.   ;D

If the Magic want to at least stay conpetitive, Lopez immidiately plugs a hole at center and Humphries at the 4.  You can have your 6th man in Big Baby.  If not, Lopez and Humphries would fetch more in the open market than Afflalo and Harrington will.

With Vucevic, you are banking on potential.  He may or may not pan out.  Lopez right now is a starter-quality center.  He is already established.  The problem with Vucevic though is he seems to be soft.  Gortat and Asik are bangers.  Vucevic is more finesse in the mold of a Pau Gasol.  And in the NBA, a finesse center having success in today's game is rare.  And if you are going for potential, Houston's 1st round picks have more upside.  Royce White has been compared to the great Charles Barkley in both versatilty and quickness for his size.  Why settle on an Andre Iguodala/Trevor Ariza clone in Harkless when you can have Sir Charles.    :D

The draft picks they got were also well spread. As per Kobe, he will retire in 2 to 3 years and leave the team to Howard. Then Nash and Gasol may not be there by then too, even if they were, they are too old to play by then. So that means that pick from the Lakers got to be good by then. Philly and Denver doesn't have Howard and they don't have teams to dominate their respective conferences so I believe their picks are good enough. The thing is, you can't trade a superstar and expect the pick you get to be a lottery pick because the team that gets your superstar gets better.

One thing you're forgetting though is there's a big difference between the picks the Nets and Rockets are willing to offer.  And these are unprotected lottery picks.  Picks from the Nets and Rockets still have a chance of landing Orlando the 1st to 3rd overall selections.

With the Lakers, Nuggets, and Sixers picks, no matter how bad those teams become, those same picks will never take a whiff of the 1st overall selection.  Since they are lottery protected, Orlando couldn't even touch the 14th pick.   ;D

And if you want lottery picks, Houston's offer has the most potential.  These are unprotected picks with Houston willing to take on Howard w/o the guarantee he will resign.  Indications suggest he won't.  So Houston will be a lottery team for years to come.  
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2012 at 07:28 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1075 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM »
tapos na ang Olympics..
uuwi na si Iguodala sa Denver.
nag-aantay sila Steve at Dwight kela Kobe at Pau sa Hollywood.
magkikita na si Kidd at si Melo sa Madison Square Garden.
makakapag-praktis na si Deron kasama si Joe Johnson.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #1076 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM »
desperado na kobe maktabla kay mj..sana c lebron mpunta din lakers kplit c barnes.

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1077 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM »
desperado na kobe maktabla kay mj..sana c lebron mpunta din lakers kplit c barnes.

sir malabo mangyari yung sinasabi mo?hehehehe

swerte lang talaga si Kobe sa mga nagiging kakampi niya.
siguro lahat yan hiniling ni Kobe sa management para hindi sya umalis.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2228
« Reply #1078 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 12:22 PM »
Muntik na. Sayang... di nanalo Spain sa US NBA team ...  ;D. Still... muntik na!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2228
« Reply #1079 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM »
Napansin ko lang sa lahat ng basketball teams na naglaro sa Olympics, US Team lang ang saksakan ng mga mayayabang! Sana wag gayahin ng mga future basketballl players natin ang US NBA team. We have to pattern our game to all other teams (real team play) except US NBA style.

Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd