Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 869737 times)

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1140 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 03:22 PM »
I respect Miami and OKC coz they're the NBA Champs and West champs respectively.   Until they are dethroned, they are the teams to beat, given na yan.

Regarding your analysis on Lakers' inability to defend Lebron and Durant, and/or Wade and Westbrook, as a fan, I'm not worried at all about it for now.   I havent seen them play...its all on paper.   Im just excited for the next season..thats it.

My views are just conjectures of what I have personally seen based on their play and sa side by side comparison ng player match ups, its the 2 players lang talaga ang parang unstoppable.

Also sa Team System ng teams, Miami I'm familiar, some Mavericks, Spurs(ito pa, Parker owns Nash) and OKC, though sa Lakers apparently we have to really see what an Eddie Jordan + Mike Brown collaboration hopefully for the Lakers fans they come up with a good system and Kobe is ready to accept his new Role.

Tagal pa ng next season kasi. ^_^

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1141 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 03:24 PM »
Tagal pa ng next season kasi. ^_^

one thing's for sure, just like anya618 said..

siguradong me pupulutin na naman sa kangkungan

;D :D

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1142 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 03:28 PM »
did i say anything that you didn't?!  :D

did i say anything that you said I didn't? :D

Im not pro-Lakers but its really interesting to watch how the coach will blend all of these talents together. And also how coach spo will adjust his team and win back2back.

Nash doesnt even need to score. Even at his offdays, he can assists and get his teammates to score so how much more if he is scoring. Wade is not consistently healthy and not as effective as before.  Bryant can score anytime and not really expected at defense but I think he can guard Battier or Allen since they are not as dominating as Lebron. MWP can guard and intimidate Lebron. Lebron has not been fully tested yet with hard foul and psyche war (OKC was a far gentle team compared to Lakers). And I think Gasol can match Bosh. Now, who can easily drive to the hoop with D12 inside? Lebron, Westbrook and Durant will need lots of adjustments here.

Lakers currently got one of the best playmaker, the best offensive player and the best defensive player in the lineup ... and the best hitman as well.

So in the end, Knicks will win the championship because im pro-KID ... hehehe.

Just my 2 cents.

Come to think of it, Knicks also look great on Paper. :)

Out of the things you said, Miami already knows how to stop great PGs. Dwade will be Healthy next season(hopefully remember 2008-2009 season?). D12 will be the problem, but with their System, who is mature now can find a way..

Tapos meron pang Feb Trade deadline papala. :) As a Mia fan, i'll wait if Riley do something...

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #1143 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 03:34 PM »
Agree w/ Munskie...This is shaping up to be a very exciting season...Let's wait for the season to start...so that we can be more objective rather than basing everything on bias...

Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #1144 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 03:41 PM »
hmmmm....

excited na ulit akong makitang nasa KANGKUNGAN ANG LAKERS!!!
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1145 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 03:42 PM »
^^ since the word "bias" was first pertained to me, well come to think of it I did say OKC is still better although me being a Mia fan.

So I guess the opinion is still based on Basketball Facts and not because of bias. :D

*Di rin pwede because of hate, kasi Boozer and Carmelo hater lang naman ako hehe.
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2012 at 03:43 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1146 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 03:53 PM »
Come to think of it, Knicks also look great on Paper. :)

Yah, sadly Knicks only good in paper (and in nba 2k12) for now.  Hope they become good contender this season. Currently, NY also has a best playmaker, good offensive players and three good defensive player in center positions.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1147 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 03:55 PM »

disclaimer: not to be taken seriously, we all know D12 was traded to the Lakers
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2012 at 04:01 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1148 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 04:07 PM »
hmmmm....

We'll see...
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 382
« Reply #1149 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 04:08 PM »
Expect Pat Riley to make a few moves by mid-season, to keep the HEAT more competitive ..... probably get that rugged/rebounding big, for a potential LAKERS match-up down the road.

The LAKERS with Gasol & a healthy Howard, will look scary come playoff time ...... the HEAT just might tinker with that small-ball lineup, since an agile Howard would make for a nightmare match-up. 

Despite offering only vet minimum contracts ..... Riles will get them free-agents interested and possibly sign-up.

The F/A Kenyon Martin is still serviceable and still plays with a chip on his shoulder ..... the loony & amnestied Andray Blatche might seek some redemption with the defending champs.

If ever Greg Oden get's healthy (very big IF) ...... he has stated that the HEAT would be a preferred destination.

Who knows ..... Brian Scalabrine has been lobbying hard for another NBA stint. He's awesome as hell.  ;D

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1150 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 04:17 PM »
Expect Pat Riley to make a few moves by mid-season, to keep the HEAT more competitive ..... probably get that rugged/rebounding big, for a potential LAKERS match-up down the road.

The LAKERS with Gasol & a healthy Howard, will look scary come playoff time ...... the HEAT just might tinker with that small-ball lineup, since an agile Howard would make for a nightmare match-up. 

Despite offering only vet minimum contracts ..... Riles will get them free-agents interested and possibly sign-up.

The F/A Kenyon Martin is still serviceable and still plays with a chip on his shoulder ..... the loony & amnestied Andray Blatche might seek some redemption with the defending champs.

If ever Greg Oden get's healthy (very big IF) ...... he has stated that the HEAT would be a preferred destination.

Who knows ..... Brian Scalabrine has been lobbying hard for another NBA stint. He's awesome as hell.  ;D

For now, most Mia Fans/Analysts expect D12 to be drawn out to the perimeter clearing the Paint, Wade/Lebron draws defenses inside then pass to Ray Allen or go straight to the open hoop.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1151 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 04:19 PM »
The F/A Kenyon Martin is still serviceable and still plays with a chip on his shoulder

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/kenyon_martin

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1152 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 04:21 PM »
^ Yep, K.Mart and the Birdman also are good choices.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1153 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 04:23 PM »
For now, most Mia Fans/Analysts expect D12 to be drawn out to the perimeter clearing the Paint, Wade/Lebron draws defenses inside then pass to Ray Allen or go straight to the open hoop.

Errr, i think Lakers fans/analysts can easily figure this out as well.  Dont think D12 stupid enough to be drawn out too far from the perimeter. And besides Gasol is also in the waiting.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1154 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 04:33 PM »
Errr, i think Lakers fans/analysts can easily figure this out as well.  Dont think D12 stupid enough to be drawn out too far from the perimeter. And besides Gasol is also in the waiting.

Well I'm not sure if D12/Gasol wants their man scoring from the outside, as shown from the last season Miami can space the floor, drawing their man to wherever they want and thats without a true Center.
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2012 at 04:35 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1155 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 05:01 PM »
Well I'm not sure if D12/Gasol wants their man scoring from the outside, as shown from the last season Miami can space the floor, drawing their man to wherever they want and thats without a true Center.

Checking from Miami's 2013 roster, Bosh is the only tall one who can really score outside perimeter. Gasol will handle that, D12 doesnt need to leave his post.  Unless Rashard Lewis will improved his performance this year.

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2012 at 05:04 PM by JT »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1156 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 05:15 PM »
Checking from Miami's 2013 roster, Bosh is the only tall one who can really score outside perimeter. Gasol will handle that, D12 doesnt need to leave his post.  Unless Rashard Lewis will improved his performance this year.

Lebron will be the one matching with Gasol though.

Wade   - Nash
Allen    - Kobe
Battier - WP
Lebron - Gasol
Bosh    - D12

The scenario still stands, D12 can be drawn.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1157 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 05:27 PM »
Lebron will be the one matching with Gasol though.

Wade   - Nash
Allen    - Kobe
Battier - WP
Lebron - Gasol
Bosh    - D12

The scenario still stands, D12 can be drawn.

Oh I have forgotten 6th man Antawn Jamison who can help guard Lebron and a good offensive player as well.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1158 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 06:26 PM »
Oh I have forgotten 6th man Antawn Jamison who can help guard Lebron and a good offensive player as well.

Yep because he should be forgotten vs. LeBron ;D if you're saying to double lebron then somebody is open. (I hope Ray Ray)...

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #1159 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 06:35 PM »

Your memory doesnt go deep.   Dallas, with defensive game changer Tyson Chandler at the helm at Center, were one of the reasons Dallas won the Finals vs the Heat.   Bosh was ineffective in that series, thereby bringing more defensive attention to James and Wade.  

Hindi speculation to ah, this happened versus the analysis that is based on best circumstances, of course favoring your team.

Fact is, Dwight Howard is a three time defensive player of the year, who also happened to beat Lebron one time in a Conference Finals.  Why, because basically Howard turned Lebron and the Cavs that year into a jumpshooting team.
Miami is dangerous because Wade and Lebron can penetrate the paint at will.   I dont buy the crap that D12 will be drawn out at the paint at all times....he became a 3 time DPOY coz he knows how to supply tremendous help defense...he covers ground faster than one can type "Kangkungan".  Thats why the Lakers traded for him.  Bynum cant cover space as fast as Howard, especially in pick and roll situations.   With also a lengthy Gasol at PF....oh well what do we have, also a match-up problem for the Heat.

Im not saying Lakers can beat the Heat or OKC hands down....Im just saying I like my chances better this season than last season.  A whole lotta better.  

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2012 at 06:36 PM by Munskie »

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 980
« Reply #1160 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 07:18 PM »

You hit the nail right on the head....NO TRUE CENTER. That's the best way to win against Miami. Let a dominant center loose inside. Well....LA now has arguably the BEST center in the league flanked by a two time champion in Gasol who is arguably the most skilled big man in the league.

You think Gasol and D12 can be drawn out of the paint for the entire game thereby allowing Wade and Lebron to have practice lay ups? Probably yes if Joel Anthony and Chris Bosh shoot threes all night and make it but that's like waiting for a cold day in hell.

LA wants Miami to shoot from the outside. Mas malaki chance nila manalo dun if Miami falls into that trap.

FYI... The formula of LA in having one dominant center surrounded by talent has resulted in 16 championships. Count them....16. The formula of Miami resulted in 1. 

You cannot argue with results.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #1161 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 07:31 PM »
hays... ang daming mga analysis... possible scenarios ... defense... attacks...tactics.. etc etc etc...

at the end... sa KANGKUNGAN pa rin PUPULUTIN ang LAKERS!!!

let' see!!!

:)
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #1162 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 07:53 PM »
hahaha....Miami vs Lakers agad pinag uusapan dito ha.....malamang sa alamang di sa kankungan ang Lakers kung sa bagay sa mga  lake pwede ang kangkong hehehehe masustansya naman :)

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1163 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 09:41 PM »
Dadaan muna yang Dwight na yan sa bangis ni Javale Mcgee!!!

Hakeem Olajuwon believes Denver Nuggets Center JaVale McGee should dominate NBA
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2012 at 09:49 PM by rusty »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1164 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 09:42 PM »
as a Laker fan. I would say that Miami and OKC are still the teams to beat. basta healthy si Lebron at Durant contender pa rin mga teams nila. How I wish Phil is still coaching LA with DH at the center of the triangle :-)

now if this is the case, Lakers all the way ako
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1165 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 09:50 PM »
ang tindi ah di pa nag umpisa ang season kangkungan na agad ang usapan ;D ;D
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1166 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM »
hays... ang daming mga analysis... possible scenarios ... defense... attacks...tactics.. etc etc etc...

at the end... sa KANGKUNGAN pa rin PUPULUTIN ang LAKERS!!!

let' see!!!

:)

Talagang we will see...

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #1167 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM »
Dadaan muna yang Dwight na yan sa bangis ni Javale Mcgee!!!

Hakeem Olajuwon believes Denver Nuggets Center JaVale McGee should dominate NBA

yeah, go nuggets..  :).. highly competitive ang western con.. i hate the lakers..  :)
The Pats way...

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1168 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM »
^
If all their young guns keep improving, I think they can surprise some people.

They have a very deep roster.

PG: Ty Lawson, Andre Miller, Julyan Stone +
SG: Andre Iguodala, Corey Brewer, (Evan Fournier)
SF: Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler +, (Quincy Miller)
PF: Kenneth Faried, Anthony Randolph, Jordan Hamilton
C: JaVale McGee, Timofey Mozgov, Kosta Koufos

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1169 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 05:08 AM »
hmmmm....

Kaaga namang prediction nyan brod,... Hahahaha

LA fans here are really excited,..

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Basta laro lang ng laro, nagkataon na maraming pera ang LA eh,
sabi nga nila, if you have it, flaunt it,.. hehehe
Gusto nilang makuha ang championship at any cost, so eto na nga,..
rebuilding process, and it does comes with a price,...
So hate the system, not the team,.. hehehe