Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 859693 times)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1260 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 05:29 AM »
He is brothah.. He is the best and the most gifted player ever..  :)

Agree. What I don't understand is why he had to join Wade and Bosh.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1261 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 05:31 AM »
you sure he can play center against the likes of dwight howard? even oldies like KG and TD can give lebron nightmares if left to play one on one in the post.

sometimes people exaggerate into thinking that lebron is the God of basketball, isang title pa lang yan tsk tsk

Oh definitely ( and I'm a Laker Fan ha? ).  Kaya ni Lebron si Dwight.  Mas mabilis si Lebron he would run rings against the guy.  Ang tanong e kaya ba ni Dwight si Lebron?  KG?  I remember Lebron dropping 200 pts ( or was it 50? can't recall ) vs Boston in a crucial game in the Playoffs.  Good luck to KG stopping Lebron ;D

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1262 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 05:35 AM »
Basketball is synonymous to the name MICHAEL JORDAN,
Worldwide yan ang inig sabihin ng basketball,...
Sa atin sa pinas yan si Jawo, and no one can ever change that,...
Hindi pwedeng pagtapin ang 2, LBJ and MJ,...
They're both great players, in 2 different era,...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1263 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 06:23 AM »

Refer to the picture and stats above(with MJ), that's why.  The "decision" was right after all. Medyo unconventional at that time when LBJ did it but look what happened - it now became a trend in the NBA (Big 3s and Big 4s).

Why did Lebron do it? Remember what he said, "Not 1, Not 2, Not 3 ..... Not 6, Not 7 and so on..." ;D

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #1264 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 06:55 AM »

IIRC Lebron gave out the LAKERS 2010 Finals win as an example ......

Kobe struggled in Game 7 against the CELTICS tough defense, but the game was won by great Q4 performances by others like Ron Artest.

Lebron basically said, that stars need help from others, when they struggle and/or defended well in the clutch ...... something which he felt, he did not have down in Cleveland.

He took his talents to Miami .... and was validated with a championship.

« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 at 06:56 AM by newwaveboy »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #1265 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 07:46 AM »
Top Defensive PLays of Dwight Howard last Season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM7_6QB9FjY

Dont see any reason why would one undermine his defensive prowess by constantly stating that he will be drawn out of the paint, when the guy is the best provider of help/weakside defense in the league.

Its great to hear that injured players are ahead of schedule in their rehab.  These are DRose and Blake Griffin.   D12 also started doing light workouts na.   Looks like its gonna be a great complete season compared to the lockout season where lots of players got injured, due to the compressed schedule.

« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 at 08:48 AM by Munskie »

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1266 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 08:40 AM »
Hehehe.  Baka kuyugin ka ng Jordan fans bro.  But yeah, Lebron has more individual skills than MJ so this comes as no surprise at all.

Here's a hypothetical question :  If you were a coach and you have the opportunity to get 1 player for your team, who would it be?  Kobe, Lebron or Jordan?

Ako Kobe Fan at syempre mahal ko si Jordan ( who doesn't love the guy except his ex wife? ), but I would get Lebron.  Reason :  He can play ALL positions and be efficient in each one of them. PG, Forward & Center.   And he's bigger than the two. San ka pa?   The guy is a coach's dream player. Nasampolan na nga si Coach K ayun he shat in his pants praising Lebron.

this is easy. MJ siyempre. his NBA finals record is 6 for 6 while lebron is merely 1 for 3. LBJ is hardly sure money. kailangan pa mag level up. MJ no excuses kahit may lagnat at nagsusuka o kahit wala ng silbi si pippen dahil injured. lebron may have a better skill set than MJ but michael has a bigger heart and is more consistent with no need for "leveling up"

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1267 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 08:55 AM »
Here's a hypothetical question :  If you were a coach and you have the opportunity to get 1 player for your team, who would it be?  Kobe, Lebron or Jordan?

Ako, si LBJ ang pipiliin ko. Kasi 49 yrs. old na si MJ  ;D

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2636
« Reply #1268 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 08:58 AM »

during their prime, no brainer Jordan  ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #1269 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:00 AM »
Jordan

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #1270 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:05 AM »
LBJ all the way

Offline Paulusreef

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1271 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:06 AM »
during their prime, no brainer Jordan  ;D

+1 kahit sabihin natin lamang si Lebron in terms of PRA stats.  Iba pa din ang presence at clutch ni Jordan  :)
Saka mas maganda panoorin highlights ni jordan hehe

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1272 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:26 AM »
Ilaro na lang ng ilaro yan, kung ano man ang analysis ng kung sino sino useless na yan sa court and game,
Ilaro na lang yan, dami pang analysis eh,.. Hehehe

Yep, cant wait for the actual game para magka-alaman na. Im pro-Lakers for NASH, and pro-Miami for Coach Spo, but really prefers OKC, Bulls or Knicks.

We even tried simulating in nba 2k12 last night, my friend who is a very good miami user while i never really use Lakers but i won easily. Then we switch teams and lakers wins again. Basically less drive, perimeter at 2nd chance shots ang Miami. More assists at offensive/defensive rebounds ang Lakers. Ang sarap mag alley-oop with Kobe and Howard as recipient. Very different when Howard and Nash was not onboard Lakers, nilalampaso ako ng Miami.

But the reality is, it all depends on their hunger for championship.

Looking at Lakers, I see Nash eyeing for a ring before retirement, Kobe trying to be closer to Michael Jordan's rank as best, MWP seeems no other teams to go,  Gasol to keep him in Lakers and Howard for redemption. And most of all, Nash and Howard commands a respect from Kobe, MWP and Gasol so I believe they will blend in and be a great team this season.

Looking at Miami, defending their title, Wade and Allen for their second wind, for Bosh Im not sure and for Lebron to pursue further greatness. 

Looking at OKC and Bulls, basically still the same roster, same coach and same plays. They need to re-invent themselves otherwise predictable na esp Miami has exposed OKC's weakness during the finals. And Bulls without Rose is just an average team as seen in playoffs.

Looking at Knicks, if Kid remains healthy all throughtout the season they stand a chance to improve their ranking (but I still doubt for championship. Melo and Amare respects and will listen to Kid so they might be able to finally play as a team.

Lebron greater than Kobe or Jordan??? I doubt it.  No doubt He has the potential to equal or be greater but until that is reached, all are just ASSUMPTIONS. As for now compared with the two, Kobe is still closer to Jordan's accomplishment so Lebron has to overtake Kobe first. Lebron have yet to prove he can defend titles not just back2back but three-peat. Both Kobe and Jordan has this accolade.

So for me overall of the 3,  I find Lebron very good, Kobe is still better and Jordan is the best.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline Paulusreef

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1273 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:33 AM »
We even tried simulating in nba 2k12 last night, my friend who is a very good miami user while i never really use Lakers but i won easily. Then we switch teams and lakers wins again. Basically less drive, perimeter at 2nd chance shots ang Miami. More assists at offensive/defensive rebounds ang Lakers. Ang sarap mag alley-oop with Kobe and Howard as recipient. Very different when Howard and Nash was not onboard Lakers, nilalampaso ako ng Miami.

May updated roster na? hehe
Tingin ko kayang iexploit ng Lakers ang matchup sa ilalim kaso mas deep nga lang ang bench ng miami.  Sana makuha ng LA si barbosa o si pietrus para may kapalit si Kobe.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1274 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:34 AM »
No offense sir, I like LBJ, but I don't think he can play center for a quarter, let alone a whole 48 mins. game.. Maybe against other Eastern teams pwede cause wala naman masyado great center or bigman, but we all saw in playoffs that he can't Guard Garnett in low post, helpless..  Then sa West, Heat struggles against Dwight Howard, then dagdag mo pa si Gasol.. Then the Center and power forwards of the west, Love, Griffin, Bogut, Lee, Duncan, Gasol, and so on.. LBJ against these big men? nah..

I hate Kobe, LBJ, and Durant winning games, but I like and enjoy watching them.. Go Spurs..

I like the Warriors to be the surprise team, Nuggets make some noise (they have a superstar PG  :)) and Clips to go deep in playoffs.. kaya lang LAL, SAS, and OKC pa rin ang elite..  :(

None taken boss. Discussion lang naman.  Lebron as Center :  On the offensive end, LBJ would own most centers.  He moves quick for a 6'10 guy.  On the defensive end,  his low post defense might have a disadvantage against true centers (dwight howard, andrew bynum, etc.).

Lebron will not play center 48 minutes, same as a PF or a guard.  Because he plays multiple positions in a game.  Depends on what the situation calls for.  In the recent Olympics, he would always start as a Forward, would distribute the ball on offense and when Chandler gets subbed by Anthony, Lebron would slide to Center on defense.  Imagine, he distributes the ball on offense and guards the centers on defense.  Name me one person in the world who can do that.

Eto pa :  "There isn’t a single athlete in the history of sports who has had to deal with the criticism that LeBron dealt with over the last 18 months."  And he still came out a winner.  We doubted (me included) if he can ever win a ring.  He proved us wrong.  Now we are doubting if he can win more?  Let's see.  Ayoko na magsalita baka kainin ko naman sinasabi ko.

What Lebron did in 2012 is really phenomenal.  Who can top that?  Maybe Lebron in 2013 ;D

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1275 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:41 AM »

So for me overall of the 3,  I find Lebron very good, Kobe is still better and Jordan is the best.

I do agree on this one, esp during the peak of Kobe,...

If I'd pick one player for my team, I'd pick Jordan at his prime,...

Jordan can simply dictate the momentum of a game,...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1276 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM »
First it was Coach K.  Now it's Syracuse Men's Basketball Head Coach Jim Boeheim who's heaping praises for LBJ.  

Eto naman sabi ni Coach Boeheim :

Legendary Syracuse men's basketball head coach Jim Boeheim had some very interesting things to say about a certain world-famous small forward for the Miami Heat.

Talking to Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio, Boeheim made a pretty bold assertion. "I always felt Michael Jordan was the best player I've ever seen (...) I didn't think it was close (...) and I'm not so sure anymore," Boehiem said. "This guy is 6-9, 260 pounds and he's getting better (...) I know we've had great, great players through the years. He's like Magic Johnson with Michael Jordan-type skills as well."

Read full article :  http://www.ibtimes.com/sportsnet/nba/true-or-false-lebron-james-is-going-to-be-better-than-michael-jordan_910.htm

« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 at 10:12 AM by mattia »

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1277 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM »
First it was Coach K.  Now it's Syracuse Men's Basketball Head Coach Jim Boeheim who's heaping praises for LBJ.  

Eto naman sabi ni Coach Boeheim :

Legendary Syracuse men's basketball head coach Jim Boeheim had some very interesting things to say about a certain world-famous small forward for the Miami Heat.

Talking to Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio, Boeheim made a pretty bold assertion. "I always felt Michael Jordan was the best player I've ever seen (...) I didn't think it was close (...) and I'm not so sure anymore," Boehiem said. "This guy is 6-9, 260 pounds and he's getting better (...) I know we've had great, great players through the years. He's like Magic Johnson with Michael Jordan-type skills as well."

Read full article :  http://www.ibtimes.com/sportsnet/nba/true-or-false-lebron-james-is-going-to-be-better-than-michael-jordan_910.htm

This is not new, every generation wants to champion someone from their era. Again, we are talking about potentials here, theoritically true.  And as any theory, it has to be proven first to becomes a whole truth.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1278 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM »
Jordan would always be the best. No matter what Lebron accomplishes, he can't ever say he did not lose in the finals. That he was an all star thought his whole career.

But since he already has a ring, I rank him slightly ahead of Kobe now being a 3-time MVP.

Offline frequenzy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #1279 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM »
as a kid growing up on Jordan era, i was able to watch him play on most NBA Finals and it was amazing. iba talaga and everybody wanna be like mike. until i saw LBJ play, he may not have the overall charisma of MJ and KB but in terms of basketball talent he's a BEAST! :-)

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1280 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM »
This is not new, every generation wants to champion someone from their era. Again, we are talking about potentials here, theoritically true.  And as any theory, it has to be proven first to becomes a whole truth.

Pwede.  If Lebron's career will end now, I'd say Jordan's the better player.  But hey, Lebron's 28 for cryin' out loud.  Let's compare stats, in say, 2022 and then decide who's the better player.  At the rate LBJ is rolling, baka sooner pa than 2022.  Sana may pinoydvd pa rin nun ;D

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1281 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM »
John Salley on Michael Jordan :  "I just don't think he's the greatest player ever"

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19808804/john-salley-on-michael-jordan-i-just-dont-think-hes-the-greatest-player-ever-

So if Magic Johnson is the greatest player ever for this dude, maybe he'll consider LBJ to be the next Magic Johnson?

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1282 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM »
if Lebron wasn't 6-8/250lbs but more like MJ or Kobe while retaining the same skills he has, do you guys think he'd dominate like this? if MJ or Kobe were in Lebron's body with their own skills intact, will they be able to do better than what Lebron has been doing?

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1283 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 11:08 AM »
if Lebron wasn't 6-8/250lbs but more like MJ or Kobe while retaining the same skills he has, do you guys think he'd dominate like this? if MJ or Kobe were in Lebron's body with their own skills intact, will they be able to do better than what Lebron has been doing?

No, but that's exactly my point why I would choose Lebron over MJ and Kobe in my team.  Because he can score like these guys and can distribute the ball and even play center.  And yes, you got it :  He's bigger and taller than them.  And can play all positions.  Which MJ and Kobe couldn't do.  A coach's dream player indeed.  As Coach K said, he is a unique basketball player gifted with extraordinary skills.  Parang si Aaron Cross high on performance drugs.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1284 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 11:21 AM »
John Salley on Michael Jordan :  "I just don't think he's the greatest player ever"

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19808804/john-salley-on-michael-jordan-i-just-dont-think-hes-the-greatest-player-ever-

So if Magic Johnson is the greatest player ever for this dude, maybe he'll consider LBJ to be the next Magic Johnson?

Well Lebron has to at least reach half the triple-double totals of Magic to even be considered.  That's a long way at the his current rate.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #1285 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM »
LBJ... naicompare na agad kay Jordan kahit wala pang ring... saan ka pa... he he he...

meron pa bang ibang player na naicompare kay MJ kahit wala pang ring?

sa panahon ni MJ siya ang Hari...
sa panahon ni Kobe siya ang Hari...

eh panahon ni LBJ ngayon... kaya siya ang Hari ngayon... wala nang tututol doon.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1286 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM »
LBJ... naicompare na agad kay Jordan kahit wala pang ring... saan ka pa... he he he...

uummm penny hardaway, grant hill, vince carter, allen iverson, kobe bryant and basically every other wing player with exemplary athletic skills

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #1287 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 01:27 PM »
pero sa totoo lang kung gustong kumita ng NBA o ni David Stern ng limpak limpak na salapi....Miami vs Lakers dapat sa Finals hehehehe
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 at 01:28 PM by edboy7 »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1288 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 02:35 PM »

sa panahon ni MJ siya ang Hari...
sa panahon ni Kobe siya ang Hari...

eh panahon ni LBJ ngayon... kaya siya ang Hari ngayon... wala nang tututol doon.

Sa totoo lang, I think this comparison between MJ and LBJ is pure nonsense.  And a great injustice to Lebron.  We are not being fair to the guy.  Bakit kamo?  We are comparing individual talents here pagkatapos sasamahan natin ng titles.  How many titles have they won or how many rings?  Sa akin, it's wrong because titles are won by team play and not individuals.  Titles are won by 5 players, not 1 and Jordan is only 1 player, I am sure about that.  I am also sure that without Pippen, Rodman, Longley, Kerr then Jordan will have ZERO TITLES.  Same as Lebron without Wade, Bosh, etc.  Paulit ulit ko sinasabi kung titles papagusapan, mas magaling si Russell or even si Horry kay Michael Jordan.  But it's not true, right?  So let's get the titles out of the way.

Pangalawa, dapat when we compare players, it should be apples to apples.  Meaning, we compare a Shooting Guard to a Shooting Guard, PG to a PG, Center to Center.  Si Kobe at si Jordan, pwedeng pwede pareho silang SG.  Yan, pagtalunan nyo until you're black and blue.  Pero Jordan and Lebron?  Kobe and Lebron?  Hindi pwede kasi nga si MJ at Kobe are pure Shooting Guards.  Si Lebron can play ALL POSITIONS.  He is a PG, SG, PF, SF, Center all rolled into one and excels in all.    E hindi naman kaya ni MJ at Kobe to play all positions, much more Center.   Now, if MJ had the ability to play all positions, then and only then can we compare him to LBJ.  But right now, sorry there is no point of comparison whatsoever. 

So to whom do we compare Lebron?  There lies the problem because Lebron is a unique and a complex player.  One of a kind. Let's stop comparing Jordan to Lebron or any other player that is not in the mold like LBJ because it's not fair to Lebron.  Lebron, to my mind, is a player beyond comparison because he is, to date, the most multi dimensional player of all time, never before seen in the NBA.  And he is yet to peak!

Meantime, let's just be thankful to the basketball gods for giving us a player like Lebron in our generation who will treat us with his extraordinary skills and different brand of basketball. 

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1289 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 03:04 PM »
D12 also started doing light workouts na.