Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 870266 times)

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1320 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 04:21 AM »

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 04:24 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1321 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 04:42 AM »
nope. at age 27 lbj has played more seasons and more games than michael. it's really the first 9 seasons wherein james won his first ring.

Absolutely correct.  Hindi pwede age but the number of years in the league.  Lebron already had a 3 year head start if memory serves me right.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2405
« Reply #1322 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 04:44 AM »
nope. at age 27 lbj has played more seasons and more games than michael. it's really the first 9 seasons wherein james won his first ring.

eto tanggalin muna sa equation ang titles at personal stats lang ang pagbasehan

In his rookie year, Michael Jordan led his team in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals.
In his rookie year, LeBron James led his team in scoring, and steals.

Michael Jordan scored in double digits in all but one game as a Chicago Bull out of 1,109 total games. LeBron James has 9 single digit scoring performances already.   

Jordan was the first player in NBA history to lead the league in both scoring and steals. He achieved this feat three times. The only other player to do it is Allen Iverson.

Jordan was the first player in NBA history to record 200 steals and 100 blocks in a season. He performed this feat in back-to-back seasons, making him the only player to achieve it multiple times.

Defensive player of the year awards
Jordan: 1
LeBron: 0

Seasons over 100 blocks:
Jordan: 2

Seasons over 200 steals:
Jordan: 6

Seasons over 150 steals:
Jordan: 9
LeBron: 1

Steals titles
Michael Jordan: 3
LeBron James: 0

First 9 REG. Season:
Lebron:
27.6 Points
7.1 Rebounds
6.9 Assists
48 FG
74 FT

Micheal Jordan:
32.3 Points
6.3 Rebounds
5.9 Assists
51 %FG
84 FT

Post Season First 9 Years:
Lebron:
28.0 Points
8.3 Rebounds
6.9 Assists
46 FG
75 FT

Micheal Jordan:
34.7 Points
6.7 Rebounds
7.0 Assists
50% FG
83FT

Now Accomplishments:
LeBron through 9 seasons: 3 MVP's, 3 Finals appearances, 1 Champioship Title, 1 scoring title

Jordan through 9 seasons: 3 MVP's, 3x Champion, 3 Finals MVP's, 7 scoring titles, 3 steals titles, 1 Defensive Player of the Year Award

MJ steals-blocks first 9 seasons(* lead league in steals):
84-85: 196- 69
85-86: 37-21 (played 18 games)
86-87: 236- 125
87-88: 259- 131 *
88-89: 234- 65
89-90: 227- 54*
90-91: 223- 83
91-92: 182- 75
92-93: 221- 61*
Even in Washington (age 38 and 39)
01-02: 85- 26
02-03: 123- 39

LeBrons career steals-blocks (* lead league in steals)
03-04: 130- 58
04-05: 177- 52
05-06: 123- 66
06-07: 125-55
07-08: 138- 81
08-09: 137- 93
09-10: 125-77
10-11: 124- 50
11-12: 115- 50

and after MJ's 9th season he chose to retire  ;D

**compiled from the internet

Yes better comparison. ;) I was just gonna say Lebron went to the nba straight out of high school so of course his stats will be better with a 3 year head start. Also, it is really hard to compare these players bec. they are in a different era. To me the 80's produce some of the best if not the greatest teams in the nba. Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, Moncrief's Bucks, 76ers, Bad boys pistons, Ewing's and Starks in the Knicks, Miller's Pacers, Olajuwon's Rockets, Drexler's Blazers etc etc. I mean if you look at the east during the time of Jordan those are fierce and awesome teams.

I mean look at this year. Who does Miami have to face? Boston? Man mga old age guys na hirap pa ang Heat diba? :D.

It's a joke. Win more championships Lebron before we do some more comparing.

Jordan - One of the greatest if not the greatest player of all time. But I think I will also put Magic there. If I will start a team I will choose Magic.

Btw, the birthday tribute video "The Magic Man" posted by Sir Wiggum is just awesome. Do that first Lebron before ma compare ka kay Magic. ;)

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1323 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 04:49 AM »
Michael jordan also won an NCAA title, unless lebron joins the ncaa, its a feat he can't achieve.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2405
« Reply #1324 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 04:50 AM »

"The Magic Man"

Lebron gawin mo muna ito bago you can be compared to The Magic Man. :D

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1325 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 04:57 AM »

eto tanggalin muna sa equation ang titles at personal stats lang ang pagbasehan

In his rookie year, Michael Jordan led his team in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals.
In his rookie year, LeBron James led his team in scoring, and steals.

Michael Jordan scored in double digits in all but one game as a Chicago Bull out of 1,109 total games. LeBron James has 9 single digit scoring performances already.   

Jordan was the first player in NBA history to lead the league in both scoring and steals. He achieved this feat three times. The only other player to do it is Allen Iverson.

Jordan was the first player in NBA history to record 200 steals and 100 blocks in a season. He performed this feat in back-to-back seasons, making him the only player to achieve it multiple times.

Defensive player of the year awards
Jordan: 1

Seasons over 100 blocks:
Jordan: 2

Seasons over 200 steals:
Jordan: 6

Seasons over 150 steals:
Jordan: 9
LeBron: 1

Steals titles
Michael Jordan: 3
LeBron James: 0

First 9 REG. Season:
Lebron:
27.6 Points
7.1 Rebounds
6.9 Assists
48 FG
74 FT

Micheal Jordan:
32.3 Points
6.3 Rebounds
5.9 Assists
51 %FG
84 FT

Post Season First 9 Years:
Lebron:
28.0 Points
8.3 Rebounds
6.9 Assists
46 FG
75 FT

Micheal Jordan:
34.7 Points
6.7 Rebounds
7.0 Assists
50% FG
83FT

Now Accomplishments:
LeBron through 9 seasons: 3 MVP's, 3 Finals appearances, 1 Champioship Title, 1 scoring title

Jordan through 9 seasons: 3 MVP's, 3x Champion, 3 Finals MVP's, 7 scoring titles, 3 steals titles, 1 Defensive Player of the Year Award

MJ steals-blocks first 9 seasons(* lead league in steals):
84-85: 196- 69
85-86: 37-21 (played 18 games)
86-87: 236- 125
87-88: 259- 131 *
88-89: 234- 65
89-90: 227- 54*
90-91: 223- 83
91-92: 182- 75
92-93: 221- 61*
Even in Washington (age 38 and 39)
01-02: 85- 26
02-03: 123- 39

LeBrons career steals-blocks (* lead league in steals)
03-04: 130- 58
04-05: 177- 52
05-06: 123- 66
06-07: 125-55
07-08: 138- 81
08-09: 137- 93
09-10: 125-77
10-11: 124- 50
11-12: 115- 50

and after MJ's 9th season he chose to retire  ;D

**compiled from the internet

Seems plausible but this argument "Lebron went straight to the NBA while Jordan played college ball" is quite simply A FALSITY.  Why penalize Lebron for being more mature and ready than Jordan right after high school? Again, we are doing the man a grave injustice.  To quote the article,

"First, LeBron should not be punished for being more talented, skilled and able to play a man's game better than Jordan was after each graduated high school. If anything, LeBron being drafted to be an NBA team's savior and instantly becoming their best player straight out of high school while Jordan went to North Carolina and instantly became the collegiate team's third-best player is a credit to LeBron's ability."

Also, the stats show that James' per game averages in the REBOUND and ASSIST department simply, undoubtedly and without any iota of doubt whatsoever annihilates that of Jordan's, despite playing in the NBA straight out of high school..  It is only in the scoring department that Jordan beats Lebron, but then again stats would show that he  "attempted nearly 18 percent more shots than LeBron per 48 minutes as well". 

I will pause for a while and give you guys time to digest and reflect on what I had just presented to you.  Mahirap talaga tanggapin.  Even I had to say "really?" at first in utter disbelief, especially if the one involved is an icon like Jordan.  Parang Da Vinci Code ang dating talaga.  But stats don't lie. And most often than not, truth hurts ;D

That is why from the very beginning, I said there is no point in comparing the two.  Jordan is only a SG.  Lebron is unique because he plays all positions.  Kamote talaga si Jordan pagdating sa ibang stats like Rebound and Assist.  So comparing the two is like putting a square peg in a round hole.

And here's another weird phenomenon happening. Coaches like Coack K, players like Pippen and Salley  have been coming out lately with statements hinting on either Lebron being better or MJ being not the greatest.  There was before during the time of Kobe but not as prevalent and passionate as they are now.  Maybe they saw something in Lebron, or they would have not come up with such bold statements. 

Or maybe Armageddon is near ;D ;D  Happy weekend everyone.   

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1326 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 05:26 AM »
Hindi lang sacrilegious but downright unfair for LBJ.  Hindi sya swak i compare dahil nga Jordan is a SG and Lebron plays all positions. So paano nga ang point of comparison kung sino ang mas magaling sa kanila?  Ngayon kung si Jordan nga ay tulad ni LBJ na pwedeng mag PG at SG, tapos pwede ring pumorma bilang PF or SF at puwede rin mag Centro, yan pwede tayong mag compare.  But the fact of the matter is, NO.  So kahit baligtarin natin ang mga laptop natin at computer, hindi talaga pwede I compare si Airness kay LBJ dahil nga si LBJ is one of a kind, and IMO is a player beyond compare.  The closest I can think of is Magic Johnson who can play center too but minsan lang nya ginawa yun nung mapilantod si Jabbar.  So ala talaga.

Of course you can compare players of different positions.  If that's the case, then Lebron cannot be compared with anyone else which sounds more like a scapegoat reason or shall we say "palusot na lang".   ;D  That's why there is the term the greatest player of all time.  Because that player's body of work transcends or trumps other players regardless of position.  Lebron technically is a 3 who is versatile enough to play all positions.  But it doesn't necessarily say he excels in each.  He can play them but in a situational setting.

If you want to compare Lebron at the 3 position, how about Larry Bird who also plays the same?  I don't think Lebron can hold a candle to Larry Legend.    You state that it's unfair to compare LBJ because he plays all positions.  But then like I said he is technically a 3.  And yet you compare him to Magic.  But Magic is a point guard.   ;D  So you actually compared players of different positions.

Paul Pierce is versatile enough to play every position except center.  So would it be unfair for Brian Scalabrine who is a power forward to be compared to him?   ;D  Of course not.  Without a question Pierce is the better player.

But if we really insist in doing the comparison, lagyan naman natin ng common ground.  Hindi pwede sabihin natin mas magaling si MJ dahil may 6 rings sya tapos si LBJ 1 pa lang e tapos na ang career ni MJ si LBJ kalakasan pa eh.  May nag suggest kanina antayin na lang matapos yun career ni LBJ bago i compare kay MJ.  To me that is an intelligent suggestion.  May logic dahil by then we can say who achieved more and who had most impact in the game. May solid basis na yun.  But now it's way too early.  Jordan retired at 38 years old.  LBJ is only 28. So mga sampung taon pa!

I agree.  The number of rings does not equate a better player.  Some of the greatest ever to play the game only had one.... Big O, Jerry West.  But it sure would cement any questions about a player's legacy.  Specially if you are the finals MVP in all of those championships like MJ was.

Also you don't need LBJ to retire before you compare him to MJ.  Again you are just setting up a reason should LBJ fail in comparison to what MJ has done.  You can compare LBJ to MJ with what LBJ has accomplished at the moment.  But Lebron still has a long way to go so he could possibly accomplish more.

Pero para sa mga atat na atat, I have another suggestion.  Let's match accomplishments by age.  To me that's the most accurate and best way to cut a common ground.  And let's take it from there as Lebron ages.  Pwede ba yun?

Hindi pwede age...dapat number of years in the league.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1327 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 05:43 AM »

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2670
« Reply #1328 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 05:44 AM »
ill compare them pagretire na ni lebron ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1329 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 05:46 AM »
ill compare them pagretire na ni lebron ;D

+1,000
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 05:48 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1330 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 05:47 AM »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1331 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 05:47 AM »
Seems plausible but this argument "Lebron went straight to the NBA while Jordan played college ball" is quite simply A FALSITY.  Why penalize Lebron for being more mature and ready than Jordan right after high school? Again, we are doing the man a grave injustice.

To quote the article,

"First, LeBron should not be punished for being more talented, skilled and able to play a man's game better than Jordan was after each graduated high school. If anything, LeBron being drafted to be an NBA team's savior and instantly becoming their best player straight out of high school while Jordan went to North Carolina and instantly became the collegiate team's third-best player is a credit to LeBron's ability."

Also, the stats show that James' per game averages in the REBOUND and ASSIST department simply, undoubtedly and without any iota of doubt whatsoever annihilates that of Jordan's, despite playing in the NBA straight out of high school..  It is only in the scoring department that Jordan beats Lebron, but then again stats would show that he  "attempted nearly 18 percent more shots than LeBron per 48 minutes as well". 

I will pause for a while and give you guys time to digest and reflect on what I had just presented to you.  Mahirap talaga tanggapin.  Even I had to say "really?" at first in utter disbelief, especially if the one involved is an icon like Jordan.  Parang Da Vinci Code ang dating talaga.  But stats don't lie. And most often than not, truth hurts ;D

That is why from the very beginning, I said there is no point in comparing the two.  Jordan is only a SG.  Lebron is unique because he plays all positions.  Kamote talaga si Jordan pagdating sa ibang stats like Rebound and Assist.  So comparing the two is like putting a square peg in a round hole.

And here's another weird phenomenon happening. Coaches like Coack K, players like Pippen and Salley  have been coming out lately with statements hinting on either Lebron being better or MJ being not the greatest.  There was before during the time of Kobe but not as prevalent and passionate as they are now.  Maybe they saw something in Lebron, or they would have not come up with such bold statements. 

Or maybe Armageddon is near ;D ;D  Happy weekend everyone.   

Why is it a falsity?  you said to start a comparison, you need a common ground.  Of course you need to include Lebron's first 3 years in the NBA.  Because technically, kasama siya sa NBA career ni Lebron.  Parang kay Kobe, you can't ignore his initial 3 years as well.  If that's the case, the first 3 years are considered round robin pa lang and not the actual game?   ;D

Arguably Lebron is the more well rounded player coming into the NBA.  Kamote nga si Jordan sa rebounds and assists.  But kamote rin si Lebron sa scoring, FG%, FT%, FTA and steals.  Then there are the intangibles like buzzer-beaters, game-winning shots.  Dun kamote rin si Lebron.   :D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1332 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 05:51 AM »
Arguably Lebron is the more well rounded player coming into the NBA. Kamote nga si Jordan sa rebounds and assists. But kamote rin si Lebron sa scoring, FG%, FT%, FTA and steals. Then there are the intangibles like buzzer-beaters, game-winning shots. Dun kamote rin si Lebron.   :D

you couldn't have said it any better sir.

i don't get it.. Lebron wins his first championship, then wins his second olympic gold medal..

now, he's supposed to be the greatest basketball player ever? :D

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1333 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 06:03 AM »

i don't get it.. Lebron wins his first championship, then wins his second olympic gold medal..

He's not, at least maybe not yet. He could be, but until his career is over or even before he retires he's accomplished so much more, only then will he be considered the GOAT. Michael Jordan never choked on a championship series, Lebron choked not once, but twice and won his third try with a dwayne wade and a chris bosh.  Save for pippen and in some cases rodman, those two back ups are better in every aspect of the game than any player on the bulls championship teams.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 06:07 AM by Timithekid »
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1334 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 06:11 AM »

Looking at the stats....I'm surprised even sa total blocks, MJ's career high for a season is 131.  Lebron's is just 93.  That's a great disparity.  And Lebron is taller, bulkier and arguably more intimidating and more athletic.  And MJ is a shooting guard.

Off the bat I would assume total blocks for the season goes to Lebron.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1335 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 06:16 AM »
there's one thing missing from Lebron's arsenal..

a consistent and dependable midrange jumpshot.

wait.. does he even need one? he's a PG just like Magic. scratch that, he's a SF.

how about a PF? maybe a SG? now i'm all confused! he's that good, he can play multiple positions!

hell, he can even be the towel boy on the bench if he wanted to. ;D

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 06:17 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline jericm

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1336 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 06:31 AM »

wait.. does he even need one? he's a PG just like Magic. scratch that, he's a SF.

how about a PF? maybe a SG? now i'm all confused! he's that good, he can play multiple positions!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Toshiba 47XL700
Pioneer 420DV
SVS SB12NSD
Onkyo TX-SR600
Bose Accoustimass 7
Egreat S7A Pro

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1337 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 07:04 AM »

Karl Malone probably had a better mid range game.  Charles barkley played out of "natural" position all his career, and also has a better mid game than Lebron.

PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
Re: NBA: 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1338 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 07:23 AM »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 07:27 AM by 5zig3n »

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1341 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 07:44 AM »
haha,di daw puede i compare based on year spent on nba season,dapat daw sa age  ;D.lugi na agad si mj ng 3 years sa stat.sige partida nagretire pa si mj ng 1 1/2 season sa nba.let's see if he tops mj's 6 rings  ::)
puro stats pinagbabasihan,what about performance during the greatest test of all and that is the championship games?jordan never lost a championship games even without a dominating center,never have to join 2 superstars to become a champion.
so what if lebron can play 5 positions?jack of all trades master of none.magic has done that,bird could probably do it even without possessing the physique of lebron (but with parish and mchale as teammates he didn't need to).

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #1342 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 07:51 AM »
Though I'm a big MJ fan minsan naiisip ko rin yung sinabi ni Jabbar dati na dapat si Bill Russell ang GOAT. Masyado lang yata tayong focus sa mga inabutan nating era without looking at the early years wherein Russell was really dominating.

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1343 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 07:57 AM »
haha,di daw puede i compare based on year spent on nba season,dapat daw sa age  ;D.lugi na agad si mj ng 3 years sa stat.sige partida nagretire pa si mj ng 1 1/2 season sa nba.let's see if he tops mj's 6 rings  ::)
puro stats pinagbabasihan,what about performance during the greatest test of all and that is the championship games?jordan never lost a championship games even without a dominating center,never have to join 2 superstars to become a champion.
so what if lebron can play 5 positions?jack of all trades master of none.magic has done that,bird could probably do it even without possessing the physique of lebron (but with parish and mchale as teammates he didn't need to).

In a literal sense any player can play all 5 positions, diba dapat may "effectively" na kasama when you say a player can play different positions? Scottie Pippen proved that he can play both the 1 and 3 spot effectively, maybe, even the 2 guard position. Lebron can probably play 1,2 and 3 also, arguably the 4 spot. But guarding a center will eventually take its toll even on a man child like Lebron.  Rodman guarded Shaq and broke him mentally, making Shaq ineffective, but that doesnt make Rodman a center.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1344 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 07:57 AM »
Though I'm a big MJ fan minsan naiisip ko rin yung sinabi ni Jabbar dati na dapat si Bill Russell ang GOAT. Masyado lang yata tayong focus sa mga inabutan nating era without looking at the early years wherein Russell was really dominating.

Mahirap kasi mag compare ng players from different era's.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1345 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 08:01 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uriXFGPx_3A

Hindi nila matatanggap yan sir,...
Hehehe

Walang ipinag-iba kay Ali at Tyson,...  ;D

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1346 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 08:26 AM »
In a literal sense any player can play all 5 positions, diba dapat may "effectively" na kasama when you say a player can play different positions? Scottie Pippen proved that he can play both the 1 and 3 spot effectively, maybe, even the 2 guard position. Lebron can probably play 1,2 and 3 also, arguably the 4 spot. But guarding a center will eventually take its toll even on a man child like Lebron.  Rodman guarded Shaq and broke him mentally, making Shaq ineffective, but that doesnt make Rodman a center.
hindi law daw effectively nagagawa ni lebron yan sir,but he excels in every position daw sir  ;D

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1347 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 08:30 AM »
hindi law daw effectively nagagawa ni lebron yan sir,but he excels in every position daw sir  ;D

kulang na lang maging playing coach ano? ;D

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1348 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 08:34 AM »
kulang na lang maging playing coach ano? ;D

Talo pala siya kay Jawo! Lol
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline Schrodinger's cat

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1349 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 08:38 AM »
The "Magic man" vid is great. Ang dami din palang buzzer beaters and game winners si Magic! All those pinpoint passes!

I don't get some of the arguments here. Even if you have the best skillset and have the highest stats, how can you be GREAT if you are not responsible for making your team win championships? To be great, you have to be a winner. To be considered greatest, you have to be a winner many times over. This is why the superstars count rings. This is why players who can afford to choose their team will go where they can get a ring.

Even if Superman became a basketball player and leads the NBA in scoring, rebounding, assists, blocks, and steals for 10 seasons but doesn't make his team win, he would still be a loser.