Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 869779 times)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #2160 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 08:03 AM »
I can only imagine kung gaano kagaling si DH kung si Phil Jackson ang coach,
ang ganda ng magiging play kung si PJ yan,...

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2669
« Reply #2161 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 08:09 AM »
nasa coach talaga ang sisi. remember nung magkasama pa si shaq and kobe sa la pero wala pa si phil jackson? di rin sila makalagpas sa playoffs pero nung pumasok si phil jackson nag iba ihip ng hangin. malaking bagay talaga nagagawa ng magaling na coach
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2162 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 08:16 AM »
Regarding Mike Brown and the Lakers, its really hard to be patient with him.  Its ok to be 1-4, but see some improvement.   But those losses all have the same theme.   Stagnant offense, lacking bench play. Terrible defense!!

He also doesnt stabilize his rotations.   Coming from PhilJax, who is very stubborn in rotation changes, MB constantly experiments, and doesnt stabilize substitution patterns.  Eff, he even experimented MWP as the backup SG.   MB is also panicky.

No wonder, PhilJax is the winningest coach in terms of rings.  He is just calm, and he lets his bench build confidence.   

Remember when PhilJax was being blasted for letting Fisher play that many minutes, and even a starter at that.   Come play-off time, Fisher came through with some clutch baskets, especially during the last two year title run.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2163 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 08:19 AM »
Sloan style is also the pick and roll and DH is not as skilled as Malone (Karl) when executing it.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 382
« Reply #2164 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 08:23 AM »
I kinda disagree with Jerry Sloan being a good fit for the LAKERS ...... Sloan practically grew alongside Stockton & Malone - their PnR perfected through the seasons - not to mention that very tough rotating defense.

Jerry Sloan is one of the best coaches ever ..... but to put him in a win-now situation isn't the best fit IMO.

Still ..... talent wins in the NBA. The LAKERS will start winning soon enough. It's still way too early for changes.

========================================================================

Rick Adelman ........ Adelman is about as close to Pete Carril as coaches get ..... ran some of the most successful offensive patterns (princeton/corner offense) ever seen in the NBA e.g. KINGS.

When he was available a few years back, I've always felt that was a perfect fit for the LAKERS.

It's still a mystery to me why Kupchak didn't get him during that time.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2165 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 09:05 AM »
Why should the Lakers gamble on coaches like Sloan and Adelman when they can just rehire the Zen Master back?
Coaches like Adelman, Sloan, George Karl, Flip Saunders have good winning records for the elimination rounds but poor records when it comes to playoff time.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #2166 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 09:28 AM »
The Lakers have a 6-game home stand coming up (GSW, SAC, SAS, PHX, HOU, BKN). If they continue to disappoint during this stretch (with or without Nash), I'm willing to bet that Brown will be replaced.
We deserve better.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 382
« Reply #2167 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 09:30 AM »
Given the situation, Phil is the best one to coach the LAKERS now ..... everyone knows that Phil ONLY handles & works with loaded teams (transcendent talent).

IMO Phil Jackson isn't the greatest coach ...... but he & the LAKERS are a great fit.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2168 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 09:57 AM »

No wonder, PhilJax is the winningest coach in terms of rings.  He is just calm, and he lets his bench build confidence.   

He seldom stood up and reacts, kadalasan ay nakaupo lang at papito pito ng play,...
Must be a ZEN thing,...

BRING BACK PHIL,..!

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2169 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 09:57 AM »
The Lakers have a 6-game home stand coming up (GSW, SAC, SAS, PHX, HOU, BKN). If they continue to disappoint during this stretch (with or without Nash), I'm willing to bet that Brown will be replaced.

Sadly pati mga anak nya ay galit na sa kanya,...

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #2170 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 10:01 AM »
Given the situation, Phil is the best one to coach the LAKERS now ..... everyone knows that Phil ONLY handles & works with loaded teams (transcendent talent).

IMO Phil Jackson isn't the greatest coach ...... but he & the LAKERS are a great fit.

i tend to disagree when it comes to NBA basketball, the Zen Master is the greatest :-)

main problem with MB is it looks like he doesn't know how to handle superstars.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #2171 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 10:05 AM »
I can only imagine kung gaano kagaling si DH kung si Phil Jackson ang coach,
ang ganda ng magiging play kung si PJ yan,...
+1
I remember Luc Longley being a focal point of the triangle offense back then.

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #2172 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 10:25 AM »
I wouldn't go so far as saying Longley was a focal point of the triangle.

And yes, Phil Jackson is probably the greatest NBA coach coz, well, you can't argue with 11 ships right? MJ, Pippen, Kobe, Shaq and co. never won $hit before he coached them.

Buuuuuut...he's got almost no chance of landing the gig with Jim Buss there. I would prefer Jerry Sloan now or Jeff Van Gundy.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #2173 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 10:36 AM »

Sloan style is also the pick and roll and DH is not as skilled as Malone (Karl) when executing it.
It should be Gasol, not DH siguro.. but I have a feeling that Pau will be traded this year to give DH more space..
The Pats way...

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #2174 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 11:27 AM »
Oh, the Knicks are looking good.  I kinda look at the Knicks like the Ginebra of the PBA.  It's an exciting team and it would be good if they make it back to the finals.

sana nga lang bro di magkabaliktad NY at LAL.meaning,maganda simula ng NY tas magiging crap pagdating ng playoffs,and vice versa sa LAL.hehehe.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #2175 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 11:56 AM »
sana nga lang bro di magkabaliktad NY at LAL.meaning,maganda simula ng NY tas magiging crap pagdating ng playoffs,and vice versa sa LAL.hehehe.
will know once Amare returns, galing sa defense ng NYK.. baka sya pa maging liability.. :)
The Pats way...

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2176 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 12:01 PM »
will know once Amare returns, galing sa defense ng NYK.. baka sya pa maging liability.. :)

malamang sya sumira sa rhythm ng NY.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2177 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 01:18 PM »
Anyone seen the "Uncle Drew" Pepsi Commercial.  Have a blast watching these two commercials.  Damn...

Watch this first :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKuyD4L29Fk

Now, watch this :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLyvkBifQ3w

::)

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2178 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 01:42 PM »
Deym! That was way cool! 8)
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2179 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 01:45 PM »
Deym! That was way cool! 8)

These kids were never told who "Uncle Drew" and "Wes" really were.  I think they just realized when they saw the Pepsi commercial.  DANG!

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #2180 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 04:33 PM »
all this talk about the Zen master made me miss having a stable coach guiding the team. This Mike Brown circus show has not been fun to watch. Jim Buss and the players are probably just faking it. They're in denial that the real problem is poor coaching. A good coach can make fantastic use of talents like Dwight, Kobe and Pau (and Nash when he comes back). Apparently, Brown is a clown who can't coach.

i'm expecting the Warriors to run circles around the Lakers. Quick, fast-breaking team. just the kind of team that would dominate the Lakers. dapat +10 lakers sa odds. haha

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #2181 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 04:41 PM »
nasa coach talaga ang sisi. remember nung magkasama pa si shaq and kobe sa la pero wala pa si phil jackson? di rin sila makalagpas sa playoffs pero nung pumasok si phil jackson nag iba ihip ng hangin. malaking bagay talaga nagagawa ng magaling na coach
Agree!

Offline Yunarce

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2182 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 04:53 PM »
Its still early in the season to say the Lakers are a "FAIL" this season. Im not a Laker fan but I think they'll be good as the season continues. Remember when Miami struggled early in the first season of LeBron, Wade & Bosh teaming up together and ended up in the NBA Finals though losing to Dallas. If they're below .500 or just hovering around .500 midway through the season, i think that is the time na they start to worry. hehe. :)

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #2183 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 05:08 PM »
all this talk about the Zen master made me miss having a stable coach guiding the team. This Mike Brown circus show has not been fun to watch. Jim Buss and the players are probably just faking it. They're in denial that the real problem is poor coaching. A good coach can make fantastic use of talents like Dwight, Kobe and Pau (and Nash when he comes back). Apparently, Brown is a clown who can't coach.

i'm expecting the Warriors to run circles around the Lakers. Quick, fast-breaking team. just the kind of team that would dominate the Lakers. dapat +10 lakers sa odds. haha

i'll take the lakers on that +10 hehehe. without bogut, i think gsw would still have a hard time against the lakers. i like this comment from nba.com
"Mike Brown is fine, Mike didn’t:

1. Shoot 33.8% from the floor nor
2. Shoot 17.4% from 3 nor
3. Shoot 69.6% from the foul line.
He didn’t have 18 turnovers and 11 assists."

O0
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2012 at 05:12 PM by sientobente »

Offline bashi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Yo!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #2184 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 05:53 PM »
Mike Brown was an ego hiring ng Lakers, specifically ni Jim Buss, the logical choice was really Brian Shaw but Jim Buss wanted his imprint on the team, ang ayaw ko yun purging ng Lakers when Phil Jackson left, even the equipment manager (Rudy Garciduenas) who was with the Lakers for the longest time (he was with the team way longer than PJ), was given the pink slip (it was speculated everyone and anyone who was partial to PJ was removed from the front office staff), it's gotten so bad that PJ had to tell several people to distance themselves to him lest they be fired from their respective positions; no less than Ronnie Lester gave a scathing critique of the way the Lakers handled their former personnel...Mike Brown is better coaching a young team, mas okay sya mag mold from the ground up, but for a veteran team, clearly he's not ready for that

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2185 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 08:04 PM »
i'll take the lakers on that +10 hehehe. without bogut, i think gsw would still have a hard time against the lakers. i like this comment from nba.com
"Mike Brown is fine, Mike didn’t:

1. Shoot 33.8% from the floor nor
2. Shoot 17.4% from 3 nor
3. Shoot 69.6% from the foul line.
He didn’t have 18 turnovers and 11 assists."

O0

Poor coaching can lead the players to have bad spacing on the floor. Ampanget ng offense ng lakers. They look awkward and lost. That means the coach hasnt been a very good teacher. Plus it was browns decision to bench the only sharshooter on the team -jodie meeks

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2186 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 08:10 PM »
Poor coaching can lead the players to have bad spacing on the floor. Ampanget ng offense ng lakers. They look awkward and lost. That means the coach hasnt been a very good teacher. Plus it was browns decision to bench the only sharshooter on the team -jodie meeks

Both the players and the coach are at fault.  Given that the offense sputters under the new system, the effort on the defensive end is non-existent as well.  That's on the players.  You can see the laziness of players on the floor.  They are slow to switch.  They get beaten on the pick and roll by less athletic players.

Scoring may involve talent and athleticism, but defense primarily depends on will and focus on the part of the players.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2187 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 08:16 PM »
Both the players and the coach are at fault.  Given that the offense sputters under the new system, the effort on the defensive end is non-existent as well.  That's on the players.  You can see the laziness of players on the floor.  They are slow to switch.  They get beaten on the pick and roll by less athletic players.

Scoring may involve talent and athleticism, but defense primarily depends on will and focus on the part of the players.

I agree on your points if we're only talking about the Utah game. The other 3 losses, it seemed like Brown did not teach the lakers how to defend the pick n roll. And brown even admitted that there hasnt been much emphasis on the defense because theyre putting all their focus on the silly princeton offense, which im guessing will never work out for the Lakers. Its just not the perfect offense with the kind of talent they have.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2188 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 08:21 PM »
I agree on your points if we're only talking about the Utah game. The other 3 losses, it seemed like Brown did not teach the lakers how to defend the pick n roll. And brown even admitted that there hasnt been much emphasis on the defense because theyre putting all their focus on the silly princeton offense, which im guessing will never work out for the Lakers. Its just not the perfect offense with the kind of talent they have.

Actually it also includes the other 3 losses.  Effort was not in those games either.  You have elite individual defenders in Kobe, Howard and to a certain extent, MWP.  Even Gasol was at times uninvolved. 

It's a given luck sometimes plays a part on the offensive end.  But the defense should never take a break.

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2189 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 08:43 PM »
Natawa ko sa pagkaka describe ni Dan Devine of ball don't lie kay MWP- 'the Lakers starting mascot.  ;D