Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 868830 times)

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #4770 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 12:55 PM »
Kobe is the alpha dog right? He should have sparked a fire under his team. His body language clearly said..... I give up.   ;D. If he really has that much fire in him and the desire to win, why not bring it every game.  Even if they lost and lost big, try to make it competitive at least.  ;D. It showed in his body language that he already called it a night in the 3rd.  ;D

All the greats bring it every night. You can't really pick and choose when and when not to bring it. That's why Magic blasted the Lakers after the loss.  Magic certainly brought it every night even in losses.

I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday or listen to Magic's commentary. Did he single out Kobe for quitting in the 3Q and for not doing what you said he was supposed to do?
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4771 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 01:05 PM »
I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday or listen to Magic's commentary. Did he single out Kobe for quitting in the 3Q and for not doing what you said he was supposed to do?

Magic blasted the whole team.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4772 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 01:06 PM »
Magic blasted the whole team.

My question was answerable by a "yes" or "no". I guess this counts as a "no". Thank you.
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4773 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 01:13 PM »
My question was answerable by a "yes" or "no". I guess this counts as a "no". Thank you.

Well you did say you weren"t aware of Magic's commentary.  So a simple yes or no wasn't really appropriate.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4774 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 01:16 PM »
Well you did say you weren"t aware of Magic's commentary.  So a simple yes or no wasn't really appropriate.

I was expecting a categorical response. Even if I didn't hear Magic's commentary, a simple "yes" or "no" would have sufficed, given my question. And I think your response counts as a "no". Thanks again.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013 at 01:16 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4775 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 01:22 PM »
I was expecting a categorical response. Even if I didn't hear Magic's commentary, a simple "yes" or "no" would have sufficed, given my question. And I think your response counts as a "no". Thanks again.

A simple yes or no wouldn't have put the response into its proper context. Yes Magic didn't mention Kobe. But it doesn't likewise mean it's a vote of confiidence either.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4776 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 01:28 PM »
A simple yes or no wouldn't have put the response into its proper context. Yes Magic didn't mention Kobe. But it doesn't likewise mean it's a vote of confiidence either.

Ah ok. So Magic didn't single Kobe out pala and didn't say specifically that he quit on the team in the 3Q. Sana you said "no" right away since that's all I wanted to know, given your earlier posts. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013 at 01:31 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4777 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 02:06 PM »
Ah ok. So Magic didn't single Kobe out pala and didn't say specifically that he quit on the team in the 3Q. Sana you said "no" right away since that's all I wanted to know, given your earlier posts. Thanks.

You said you didn't watch the game and you didn't listen to Magic's commentary....so how will you be able to comprehend the context of my post you reacted to by simply answering a yes or no?

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4778 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 02:11 PM »
If you watched the game... Kobe didn't quit in it.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4779 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 02:15 PM »
If you watched the game... Kobe didn't quit in it.

nbc

Of course I did watch the game.  If that's your perception, then that's fine.  :D

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4780 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 02:26 PM »
You said you didn't watch the game and you didn't listen to Magic's commentary....so how will you be able to comprehend the context of my post you reacted to by simply answering a yes or no?

Akala ko tapos na 'to. :)

I wanted to know if Magic shared the same view as you - that Kobe quit on the Lakers in the 3Q of yesterday's game. I wasn't able to read anything in the post-game articles about Kobe not bringing his desire to win yesterday as early as the 3rd, so I wanted to confirm whether Magic thought Kobe, in particular, did not come to play yesterday even with a manageable deficit. I respect your views on yesterday's game, but I'd also like to hear what Magic, a Laker faithful, had to say. If Magic singled Kobe out (meaning if you answered a simple "yes" to my question), then that would have spoken volumes in my view.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013 at 02:26 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4781 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 02:29 PM »
Akala ko tapos na 'to. :)

I wanted to know if Magic shared the same view as you - that Kobe quit on the Lakers in the 3Q of yesterday's game. I wasn't able to read anything in the post-game articles about Kobe not bringing his desire to win yesterday as early as the 3rd, so I wanted to confirm whether Magic thought Kobe, in particular, did not come to play yesterday even with a manageable deficit. I respect your views on yesterday's game, but I'd also like to hear what Magic, a Laker faithful, had to say. If Magic singled Kobe out (meaning if you answered a simple "yes" to my question), then that would have spoken volumes in my view.

A simple no wouldn't have proved anything either.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013 at 02:40 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4782 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 02:39 PM »
A simple no wouldn't have proved anything either.

But we would be in the realm of speculation in that case, wouldn't we? Mahirap 'yun. Magic blasted Kobe earlier this year for not being the leader that the Lakers need him to be. He could've easily done so again if he shared your view about the game yesterday. Given this and Magic being very vocal about his views on the Lakers, if he didn't say anything specifically about Kobe yesterday, then I have my answer. 
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4783 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 02:42 PM »
But we would be in the realm of speculation in that case, wouldn't we? Mahirap 'yun. Magic blasted Kobe earlier this year for not being the leader that the Lakers need him to be. He could've easily done so again if he shared your view about the game yesterday. Given this and Magic being very vocal about his views on the Lakers, if he didn't say anything specifically about Kobe yesterday, then I have my answer. 

Aaahhh now I get it.  Like I said you might not be able to understand the context of my post.  I never said Magic agreed with my view.  If you read my post the one you quoted, my opinion was in the initial paragraph and the Magic inclusion was on the second.  You obviously mixed them in together.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013 at 02:47 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4784 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 02:43 PM »
I want to see moar trades, Al Jeff for Bledsoe or something...lapit na ang Feb. 21 deadline.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4785 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 03:02 PM »
Aaahhh now I get it.  Like I said you might not be able to understand the context of my post.  I never said Magic agreed with my view.  If you read my post the one you quoted, my opinion was in the initial paragraph and the Magic commentary was on the second.  You obviously mixed them in together.

So you're saying nga that Kobe quit, and that Magic didn't single out Kobe. That's all I needed to know. I have my take on what Magic's non-statement means, and you have yours. Fair enough.

« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013 at 03:02 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4786 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 03:04 PM »
So you're saying nga that Kobe quit, and that Magic didn't single out Kobe. That's all I needed to know. I have my take on what Magic's non-statement means, and you have yours. Fair enough.

Did I say Magic didn't single out Kobe? You're still not comprehending my post.   :D

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4787 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 03:08 PM »
Did I say Magic didn't single out Kobe? You're still not comprehending my post.   :D

Here? I thought that's what this meant.
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4788 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 03:13 PM »
Here? I thought that's what this meant.

You did ask me right if Magic singled out Kobe? Obviously it was a no.  Original post I said Magic blasted the team.  What would you have me say...he did eventhough obviously that's not true.   :D

Which brings me back to the very first quote of mine you posted, I never mentioned Magic agreed with me which is your assertion this whole time.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4789 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 03:40 PM »

This is how Lebron's shot chart looks like in his last 4 games.  43-59 or 73% from the field.  He has scored 123 points on 59 shots.  Oh, he also has 27 rebounds, 26 assists. That's 30.8 points, 6.8 rebounds, 6.5 assists per game.  If that's not efficient basketball, I don't know what is.

One thing I noticed about Lebron is his 3 point shot has somewhat improved.  And to think this guy is only 28 years old and has not peaked yet.  Wait till you see the best of Lebron.  Most gifted player in the planet right now, ladies and gents.

I wonder how Kobe's shot chart looks like?? Pwedeng habulin ng toro? ;D

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4790 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 04:10 PM »
You did ask me right if Magic singled out Kobe? Obviously it was a no.  Original post I said Magic blasted the team.  What would you have me say...he did eventhough obviously that's not true.   :D

Which brings me back to the very first quote of mine you posted, I never mentioned Magic agreed with me which is your assertion this whole time.

I understood your first post. I'm not sure what made you think that I'm claiming Magic agreed with you. Are you referring to the 2:39PM post? I didn't mean that to come off as an assertion that you and Magic shared the same view.

I guess the whole point of my posts is: (1) you believe that Kobe is a quitter, (2) I wanted to know if someone like Magic, who is vocal about the Lakers and tells it like it is, felt the same way after yesterday's game. That's it.

We deserve better.

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4791 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 04:12 PM »
Go Lakers!!!

Go Kobe!!!

Hahaha...

nbc

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4792 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 04:13 PM »
Oh... the Polarity... hahaha.

nbc

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4793 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 04:21 PM »
I understood your first post. I'm not sure what made you think that I'm claiming Magic agreed with you. Are you referring to the 2:39PM post? I didn't mean that to come off as an assertion that you and Magic shared the same view.

I guess the whole point of my posts is: (1) you believe that Kobe is a quitter, (2) I wanted to know if someone like Magic, who is vocal about the Lakers and tells it like it is, felt the same way after yesterday's game. That's it.

Well you just proved you didn't understand my post..... 1) I never said Kobe is a quitter.  I just questioned his will to win.  It doesn't seem consistent.  That's different than accusing him as a quitter. 2) Magic said it was an embarrassing loss. And if you read between the lines, it connotes that the team did not show up, did not put in the effort or did not have the heart to show up specially it was a game against a bitter rival.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4794 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 04:28 PM »
Well you just proved you didn't understand my post..... 1) I never said Kobe is a quitter.  I just questioned his will to win.  It doesn't seem consistent.  That's different than accusing him as a quitter. 2) Magic said it was an embarrassing loss. And if you read between the lines, it connotes that the team did not show up, did not put in the effort or did not have the heart to show up specially it was a game against a bitter rival.

Ditto. Okay, don't want to nitpick. Maiinis na ibang fans on this thread. Good luck na lang to your team for the rest of the season. Not sure which one it is though. :) 
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013 at 04:29 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4795 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 04:32 PM »
Ditto. Okay, don't want to nitpick. Maiinis na ibang fans on this thread. Good luck na lang to your team for the rest of the season. Not sure which one it is though. :)

Hahaha!  I have no qualms about nitpicking.  As long as it's clearly explained. On the contrary, the fans are entertained.  ;D

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4796 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 04:38 PM »
Lakers vs Celtics, Feb. 7, 2013.

First Quarter - Kobe - 8pts in the game.

Second Quarter - Kobe - 14 pts in the game.

Third Quarter - Kobe - 27 pts in the game.

Fourth Quarter - Kobe - was not fielded in by Pringles...

So, I wonder at what point did Kobe not show his "will to win" in that game versus the Celtics. Hmmm... wonder what you're smoking bro?

nbc
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013 at 04:39 PM by nbc »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4797 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 04:44 PM »
Lakers vs Celtics, Feb. 7, 2013.

First Quarter - Kobe - 8pts in the game.

Second Quarter - Kobe - 14 pts in the game.

Third Quarter - Kobe - 27 pts in the game.

Fourth Quarter - Kobe - was not fielded in by Pringles...

So, I wonder at what point did Kobe not show his "will to win" in that game versus the Celtics. Hmmm... wonder what you're smoking bro?

nbc

Aawww cmon...you really need to resort to what I'm smoking bit?   :D

Are you saying scoring is the only basis for a player's will to win? After the half, the lead was a manageable 14pts.  So his will to win went up from a 14pt lead at the start of the 3rd to 26pts at the end of the 3rd?
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2013 at 08:03 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4798 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 04:45 PM »
'nuff said.

You have no credibility.

nbc

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4799 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 04:50 PM »
'nuff said.

You have no credibility.

nbc

That's it?  Just a simple accusation? I thought we were having a more intelligent discussion than throwing accusations.