Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 870626 times)

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #5010 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM »
physical ang laro ngayon between the LA teams.. buti na lang naka dikit na Lakers.

sana maka isa WIN today :)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5011 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 12:44 PM »
Withstanding the test of time
Jordan's greatness shouldn't be overshadowed by LeBron's dominance

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8947531/michael-jordan-birthday-recalls-greatness-not-surpassed-lebron-james-dominance

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #5012 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 01:23 PM »
kawawa ang lakers. talo na naman

Offline Nikkie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #5013 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 01:24 PM »
Sana manalo LA! :D

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #5014 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 01:26 PM »
wow! 20 point lead ng LA!

Clippers nga lang   ;D

Offline frequenzy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
« Reply #5015 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 01:27 PM »
Withstanding the test of time
Jordan's greatness shouldn't be overshadowed by LeBron's dominance

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8947531/michael-jordan-birthday-recalls-greatness-not-surpassed-lebron-james-dominance
and thats what separates MJ from the rest of the pack
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2013 at 01:35 PM by frequenzy »

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5016 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 01:37 PM »
kawawa ang lakers. talo na naman

Mag pag-asa pa yan... hehehe.

#neverlosehope

Hahaha... twitter style.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #5017 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 01:42 PM »
Sana manalo LA! :D
meron talaga. isa sa kanila. hehehe...

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5018 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 01:58 PM »

Yep. Everybody is just vying for Number 2 behind Jordan. :)

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5019 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 02:18 PM »

Thanks for posting. what a great article on jordan, I agree. I was like a crazy person back then watching every game of MJ that I could. if Jordan was 32-35 right now he would school the sneakers off Lebron James. And Kobe would probably end up kneeling to MJ after the game.

It may be a bit difficult to understand for the younger generation that only see highlights and videos of MJ to see why he is seen as the best (when they have someone like Lebron now). actually, it makes the debate, if there is even one. more fun. Jordan just kills day in and day out, he takes no prisoners, he doesn't slack off, and unlike Lebron, game on the line, dead tired, thats the time MJ is most lethal.

MJ steps on the NBA Finals, he never lost. One stat Kobe and Lebron will never have. If he didnt retire, he'd have a minimum of 8 rings. straight.

Sidenote*** billups and paul destroys kobe and nash on the backcourt. whew amazing.

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2013 at 02:31 PM by Ctlim »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #5020 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 02:26 PM »
A win today for the Lakers would've been big, heading to the break. Pero iba talaga Clippers when CP3 is playing at his best.

28 games to go... Laban pa rin :)
We deserve better.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #5021 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 02:51 PM »
booom.... supalpal talaga ang Lakers...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 982
« Reply #5022 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 06:53 PM »
After reading that article I can only imagine how far Kobe is to be at least at par with the great one. LBJ must be a million miles away from even reaching Kobe but as they all say he is the one most equipped to to eclipse both Kobe and Jordan. Only time will tell.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5023 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 06:59 PM »
Go Lakers! ;D

nbc

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #5024 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 07:16 PM »
After reading that article I can only imagine how far Kobe is to be at least at par with the great one. LBJ must be a million miles away from even reaching Kobe but as they all say he is the one most equipped to to eclipse both Kobe and Jordan. Only time will tell.

LBJ is on pace to challenge michael jordans greatness but he is still very far, he probably has the best chance to put up a good fight against the GOAT but he still has to go through a lot of other players, one of em being Wilt chamberlain, wilt was such a dominant player that the league had to create a 3 second area just to stop him from beating a team by himself.  Those are the type of impact to the game that does not count on your stat sheet but adds to your greatness.
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2013 at 07:17 PM by Timithekid »
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #5025 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 07:47 PM »
LBJ is on pace to challenge michael jordans greatness but he is still very far, he probably has the best chance to put up a good fight against the GOAT but he still has to go through a lot of other players, one of em being Wilt chamberlain, wilt was such a dominant player that the league had to create a 3 second area just to stop him from beating a team by himself.  Those are the type of impact to the game that does not count on your stat sheet but adds to your greatness.

Imagine that huh?  Putting up a rule to neutralize you.  So I had to chuckle when I remember the rumor before that Stern might suggest a rule that fouling a poor free throw shooter off the ball gives the team not only free throws but ball possession anytime during the game and not only in the last 2 mins of the 4th.   :D
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2013 at 07:50 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5026 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 07:53 PM »

And the only basis are The Rings right? ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #5027 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 08:15 PM »
And the only basis are The Rings right? ;D

I would realistically imagine Lebron getting 3 rings as the "main man".  Then when his skills start to decline, look for a dominant big to ride off another 3 to make it six.  By then he might be a 5-time MVP, youngest to score 25,000, youngest to score 30,000, etc.....with 6 championships.   :D
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2013 at 08:16 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline frequenzy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
« Reply #5028 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 09:22 PM »
I would realistically imagine Lebron getting 3 rings as the "main man".  Then when his skills start to decline, look for a dominant big to ride off another 3 to make it six.  By then he might be a 5-time MVP, youngest to score 25,000, youngest to score 30,000, etc.....with 6 championships.   :D
for me lebron is currently on-track to be the best. this season i really dont see any team that can matchup with miami. as long as the big 2.5 stays healthy, lebron should have 2 rings and 4 mvps after the season.

but as a laker fan it really sucks :(
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2013 at 09:34 PM by frequenzy »

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2405
« Reply #5029 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 09:50 PM »
Sad news..For me he is one of the best owners in the NBA.

Report: Jerry Buss hospitalized with cancer
Associated Press – 10 hrs ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lakers owner Jerry Buss has been hospitalized with cancer, the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.

The 79-year-old Buss has spent time in the intensive care unit at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, according to the Times, which quoted Buss' son, Jim, Thursday saying his father was "doing fine." Several current and former Lakers players, including Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson, have visited Buss.

Team spokesman John Black said the team has no plans to comment on Buss' health out of respect for the family's wishes. Buss spokesman Bob Steiner said information would have to come from the Lakers.

"Dr. Jerry Buss, thinking about u & wish I could be there, get well soon," former Lakers center Shaquille O'Neal tweeted Thursday. "I cant wait 2 see u on 4/2/13 (hash)LoveYou."

The Lakers will retire O'Neal's No. 34 jersey on April 2.

Buss has been hospitalized several times in recent years, including a stint last July for dehydration. He was treated for blood clots in his legs in December 2011.

A former aerospace engineer and real-estate developer, Buss has been a prominent name in American sports since he bought the Lakers, the NHL's Los Angeles Kings and the Forum from Jack Kent Cooke in 1979. Buss immediately transformed the Lakers into the NBA's most glamorous franchise, winning 10 NBA championships under his watch.

The Lakers won five titles in nine years during the 1980s, earning a reputation as basketball's most exciting team with their glamorous Showtime style led by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Johnson, who was Buss' first draft pick. O'Neal and Kobe Bryant then led the Lakers to a threepeat from 2000-02 under coach Phil Jackson before Bryant and Pau Gasol won two more titles in 2009 and 2010.

Buss' children moved into leadership roles with the Lakers in recent years. Jim Buss, the Lakers' executive vice president of player personnel and the second of Buss' six children, has taken a leading role in basketball decisions, while daughter Jeanie plays a major role in running the franchise's business side.

Yet Jerry Buss was deeply involved the Lakers' most recent major moves, including the acquisitions of Steve Nash and Dwight Howard last summer, along with the firing of coach Mike Brown and the hiring of Mike D'Antoni early this season.

Offline bashi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Yo!
  • Liked:

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5031 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 08:05 AM »
D. Wade: When you look back at this era there’s going to be a lot of players that you can pick from. You can talk about their greatness. This is a good era for basketball, and it would be led by Kobe Bryant – who was the greatest player in our era.  :p

nbc

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5032 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 08:43 AM »
Watching the full highlights now of the games yesterday.  I was in SLMC Global City for my annual executive checkup and only  had bits and pieces of the two games.  Nung makita ko score ng LAL-LAC, tumaas BP ko ;D

Anyway, Miami sent a message with that game yesterday.  Lebron James and the Heat are still the best team there is.  James with another monster performance.  I can safely say now that he is the most dominating force in the NBA.  He scores at will, and creates play for his teammates.  Again, comparisons with Kobe and Jordan, IMO, should be put aside because Lebron is playing a very different position from MJ and Kobe.  If there's one similarity with Jordan, as one analyst said, it's this -- When Jordan played in the NBA, he was someone we've never seen before with all those highlight reels and Jordanesque moves.  Lebron is doing that today.  He's doing something special we've never seen before.  As Steve Smith said, everything he's doing now makes absolutely no sense. In other words, Lebron is doing something no human alive can do ;D

---

Lakers Clippers ???  It's now 3-0 in favor of the "other" LA team.  The younger, more agile team easily trumps the old, slow veterans.  Read the news that Kobe is again blaming his teammates for the loss, saying there's no defense whatsoever?  Damn, I checked Kobe's stats and he has what 7 turnovers?  If they continue to play the blame game and if DH12 plays like Clark Kent instead of Superman, I'd say LA might just miss the playoffs after all.  Clippers trumping the Lakes by 24 in LAL's homecourt is again a statement game by the Clips.  Damn.  24 pts?  That's Kobe's number right?

---

Nice rebuttal by LBJ on this hilarious "ring" analogy by Jordan :  http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21709924/lebron-james-refutes-jordan-on-whether-rings-are-everything

Excerpts from LBJ's statement :

"I don't think rings always define someone's career. If that was the case then I'd sit up here and take... (Bill) Russell over Jordan. But I wouldn't. I wouldn't take Russell over Jordan. Russell has 11 rings, Jordan has six. I'd take, I don't know, (Robert) Horry over Kobe.

It's your own personal opinion. Rings don't define someone's career. A guy like Judd Buechler who has multiple rings, Charles Barkley doesn't have any. He's not better than Charles Barkley. Patrick Ewing is one of the greatest of all time. Reggie Miller is one of the greatest of all time.

Sometimes it's the situation that you're in, it's the team you're in, and it's about timing as well.

I don't play the game and try and define myself about what guys say or how they feel about me. It doesn't matter to me. I play for my family, my teammates, my coaching staff, my fans, and that's it."

Whew, I'm sorry to say this but between Jordan and Lebron's ring analogy, I think Lebron makes more sense to me.  There's a bit of logic here than just a mere "5 is better than 1".  Because if that's really the case and you make me accept that reasoning, then I really have to put on my Horry jersey and say my main man Horry is GOD because he is better than the GOAT. 

Dpogs, baka nag tweet ka kay Lebron sa mga usapan natin dito sa thread ha? Timing na timing eh..

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5033 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 09:15 AM »
michael-jordan-says-lebron-would-not-be-as-successful in his era[/size]]http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21709581/michael-jordan-says-lebron-would-not-be-as-successful in his era

Here goes Tatang Jordan again.  Here's what I think,

Jordan is such a competitive freak that he thinks everyone is competing with him.  Did he say this about Kobe?  I guess not because he never felt threatened with the Mamba.  But now here comes another freak of athlete named Lebron whom everyone is talking about as maybe the best you've ever seen play the game. I'm sure Jordan has heard or read all the emulations for Lebron from ex NBA players, analysts, coaches and what not.  So here's a real threat in the making.  What does MJ do?  Downplay it.  Typical MJ.  Para kay MJ kasi, siya lang ang pinakamagaling sa lahat.  Not that it's bad.  That's how he is.

But as someone said, when it comes to an eye for talent MJ is the WOAT (worst of all time) - http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/18932942/jordan-hasnt-just-failed-as-an-exec-hes-the-greatest-failure-ever so I really wouldn't take him seriously in that aspect.  I love MJ, don't get me wrong.  I grew up watching him, buying all his shoes and collecting his videos. 

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5034 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 09:27 AM »
I must be one of the few who never liked Jordan... never watched his games (unless it was against the Lakers)... never bought his shoes... and never considered him the best basketball player of all time.

For me, it was always a toss-up between Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Throw in Magic Johnson because of Showtime.

nbc

Offline frequenzy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
« Reply #5035 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM »
I must be one of the few who never liked Jordan... never watched his games (unless it was against the Lakers)... never bought his shoes... and never considered him the best basketball player of all time.

For me, it was always a toss-up between Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Throw in Magic Johnson because of Showtime.

nbc
mukang maka lakers talaga kayo sir. hehe!

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5036 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM »
This looks like a wild rumor - probably to add more hype to the Lakers-Celtics rematch next week:

Lakers & Celtics held "preliminary talks" for a Howard-Rondo trade
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #5037 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM »
anybody has the sched for all star weekend?  what time ipapalabas sa nba premium yung slam dunk and etc?

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5038 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM »
^ Here's the schedule from BTV. Should be the same for NBA Premium (more or less).

We deserve better.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #5039 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 01:35 PM »
Jordan all the way,...
No other player can dictate the tempo of the game,...