Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 870680 times)

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 464
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #5820 on: Mar 26, 2013 at 09:16 PM »
Kainis, LBJ walang post-up moves, pero mukhang magiging MVP nanaman. That's unfair  ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #5821 on: Mar 26, 2013 at 09:35 PM »
Kainis, LBJ walang post-up moves, pero mukhang magiging MVP nanaman. That's unfair  ;D

AI won it, Nash won it twice. Bakit naman unfair? I know you're being sarcastic, but what's your point? For a player his size, a post-up move can only make him so much better than he already is.

But I guess he doesn't feel like he needs it for now because no one can even guard him today.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #5822 on: Mar 26, 2013 at 09:40 PM »
awwww...did i hit a sensitive nerve? calm down. for a non-fan, you sure come to his rescue really quick. I guess I'm more of a non-fan than you are.

i'm a Heat and DWade fan first and foremost. Lebron is just in the team but i'm still not a fan of his though i appreciate his skills and talent. whether or not you're comment was in jest or not, i think it's without basis.

whether he has been practicing what he learned, I have not seen it. (maybe coz I don't watch him as much as you probably do).

why comment on something you haven't seen then when you said it yourself that you don't even watch the guy and then conclude that he has "zero" post moves? maybe you should try to watch him more then come up with a conclusion. i've seen him do a lot of post up moves specially this season. what's important in that vid with Hakeem is that he still tries to improve his game and i respect him for that.

Last I saw him attempt a post move, it seemed like crab dribble+ really awkward moves.

we agree on one thing though, that crab dribble was indeed awkward and should not be done again.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5823 on: Mar 26, 2013 at 09:50 PM »
i'm a Heat and DWade fan first and foremost. Lebron is just in the team but i'm still not a fan of his though i appreciate his skills and talent. whether or not you're comment was in jest or not, i think it's without basis.

why comment on something you haven't seen then when you said it yourself that you don't even watch the guy and then conclude that he has "zero" post moves? maybe you should try to watch him more then come up with a conclusion. i've seen him do a lot of post up moves specially this season. what's important in that vid with Hakeem is that he still tries to improve his game and i respect him for that.

we agree on one thing though, that crab dribble was indeed awkward and should not be done again.

i've actually seen him do awkward post-up moves. just not this season. to see is to believe. haha

well, dapat lang talaga i-expand nya pa game nya. he can't rely on those drives, alley-oops and dunks all the time. Maganda din yung may fundamental moves siya. At sana, matuto siya to not travel a lot. Yung pivot foot nya laging malikot. Buti di napapansin ng mga bulag na ref. masiyado siguro mesmerized sa talent ni Lebron. hahaha

Anyway, my basis for saying that he has zero post-up moves are from the past seasons I've seen him play. This year, I admit, I have not seen that many Heat games to be able to tell whether he has improved his post-up game. Kaya in my mind, zero pa din. hahaha

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #5824 on: Mar 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM »
AI won it, Nash won it twice. Bakit naman unfair? I know you're being sarcastic, but what's your point? For a player his size, a post-up move can only make him so much better than he already is.

But I guess he doesn't feel like he needs it for now because no one can even guard him today.

Darating din tayo dyan sa post-up moves na 'yan, sa ngayon, kayang-kaya pa naman nya defenders nya sans the post-up moves, although I have to disagree, LBJ is totally not without post-up moves, I've seen him play post ups too many times, too many to recall nga. Saka yang post up-post up na yan usually gumagawa nyan mga power forward at center. Sa ngayon LBJ is scoring at will, pano pa kaya pag sineryoso pa ni LBJ yang post up moves that you have in mind? Baka lalo mo hindi bati si LeBron?  ;D

« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5825 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 01:45 AM »
Darating din tayo dyan sa post-up moves na 'yan, sa ngayon, kayang-kaya pa naman nya defenders nya sans the post-up moves, although I have to disagree, LBJ is totally not without post-up moves, I've seen him play post ups too many times, too many to recall nga. Saka yang post up-post up na yan usually gumagawa nyan mga power forward at center. Sa ngayon LBJ is scoring at will, pano pa kaya pag sineryoso pa ni LBJ yang post up moves that you have in mind? Baka lalo mo hindi bati si LeBron?  ;D

wala naman ako problema kay Le-BJ. I don't hate him. I would embrace him pa nga if ever he was on my team. Just saying, it would be great if a great player like him would be a complete player. Slashing, Driving, Posting up, non-traveling pivot foot, zero crab-dribble.

but I did point out na his disregard for perfecting moves in the post might be because of his reliance on the fact that no defender can guard his dribble drives, slashing and leaping abilities.

I still say, it's better for him to be prepared all the time and have the post up move in his arsenal at the ready. :)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5826 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 08:06 AM »
Pip can defend LBJ. Kobe can, why not Pip? Also, Magic is 6'9", bigger than LBJ. LBJ needs an open court to be beastly. I don't think he can have his way with the 72-10 Bulls.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5827 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 08:05 AM »
Pip can defend LBJ. Kobe can, why not Pip? Also, Magic is 6'9", bigger than LBJ. LBJ needs an open court to be beastly. I don't think he can have his way with the 72-10 Bulls.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 382
« Reply #5828 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 08:15 AM »
Lebron's most effective game is facing the basket ...... with that freakish combination of speed & power, most defenses will either be too small or too weak for his drives. 

The HEAT also employ that spread-out offense where their array of shooters plant or move towards the corners ..... goes very well with Lebron front facing the basket.

Lebron has shown steady improvement playing in the post ...... in terms of planting himself down low during spots of certain games (like last season).

This season, the need for Lebron in the post isn't needed much, not yet anyways ...... cant argue much with that W-L record.

When playoffs come around, the game will get a lot slower and defenses a lot tighter ..... very likely that James will camp down low a lot more often ..... like last season.

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5829 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 08:31 AM »
Go Lakers!!!

Am off to the mountains... and have no internet, 3G, or TV signals there... so will be out of the loop.

Laban lang... kung si Kobe nga, di natatakot. Hehe.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5830 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 11:34 AM »
http://ph.nba.com/writers-content/705/battle-for-8th#.UVJcXxmBPR1

The writer obviously is a Laker fan.  But, I do hope it comes true.  And while the Lakers are again struggling for 8th spot (just a week ago, they were tinkering with 6th spot :(), Lebron & the Miami Heat are nothing short of awesome.  Absurd.  Surreal.  27 wins?  You gotta be kidding me bro.  That's 1/3 of a full season!!  In the 15 playoff contenders now playing, Miami has beaten 11 of them in their streak.  Make that 12 if they bring down the Spurs.

Here's my prediction :  The Heat will not only break the 33 of the Lakers, they will extend the streak even until the Playoffs and sweep it as well.  Maybe until they become Champs.  That's a tall order but doable right?

Maybe LBJ is thinking, while I still don't have my 6 rings, might as well establish impressive records that no one else has ever done - like a 50 game or more winning streak. That's "Positioning" in marketing parlance.

Kaya ba?  Nothing is impossible with 'Bron Almighty :D  As for Kobe "Bean" Bryant, good luck as he does his best to stay relevant amidst all the hoopla going on.

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5831 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM »
12 reg games remaining.. Plus 16 playoff; 55 win streak? Go go Bron Almighty! Lets go Heat!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5832 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM »
Lebron's most effective game is facing the basket ...... with that freakish combination of speed & power, most defenses will either be too small or too weak for his drives. 

The HEAT also employ that spread-out offense where their array of shooters plant or move towards the corners ..... goes very well with Lebron front facing the basket.

Lebron has shown steady improvement playing in the post ...... in terms of planting himself down low during spots of certain games (like last season).

This season, the need for Lebron in the post isn't needed much, not yet anyways ...... cant argue much with that W-L record.

When playoffs come around, the game will get a lot slower and defenses a lot tighter ..... very likely that James will camp down low a lot more often ..... like last season.

I agree here.  Lebron has shown some decent post up moves vs OKC last Finals, just when everybody was criticizing his post up moves.  I believe in time, he will polish this move given the high basketball IQ that he possess.  And when he does perfect it, defenders will have to pick their poison -- to get posterized or an LBJ pass to an open 3.  I've always said Lebron is good and peaking.  But I didn't expect he will be this good.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5833 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM »
12 reg games remaining.. Plus 16 playoff; 55 win streak? Go go Bron Almighty! Lets go Heat!

59 including the 4 games in the Finals.  Hahaha.

As for the 72-10 record, baka daw next year nila gawin yun. Isn't it that given the lineup of the Lakers na mayroong apat na bituing manlalaro, sila rumaratsada dapat ng ganito? 

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #5834 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 12:24 PM »
sa tingin ko nga pagasa na lang ibang team is ma injured si lbj. other than that parang wala na ibang way matalo ang miami heat

still wishing lakers would have a chance to compete with miami now
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM by frequenzy »

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #5835 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 01:22 PM »
sa tingin ko nga pagasa na lang ibang team is ma injured si lbj. other than that parang wala na ibang way matalo ang miami heat

still wishing lakers would have a chance to compete with miami now

gustong gusto ko rin mangyari ito...

kasi gusto kong makita paano pulbusin, durugin, sunugin at isubsubo sa kangkungan ng Miami ang Lakers sakaling sila ang magharap sa Finals 2013...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5836 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 01:36 PM »
Wala na kayong awa sa Lakers, bakit gusto nyo puro pasakit sa Lakers :(  E kung sa kulelat na mga teams na PHX at WAS natalo pa eh, sa Heat pa.  Wala naman ganyanan :-X

I just can't help but be frustrated on those two huge losses.  Those were games that LA shouldn't have lost and could've provided them the buffer they need for losses to better teams like GS but they simply blew it... Sayang talaga. 

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 982
« Reply #5837 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 01:47 PM »
No question that Miami will win it all barring any major injuries. Lets assume that they do win their 2nd one under the Big Three era...their biggest problem is surrounding LBJ with the right talent to take advantage of his peak powers and to win as much as they can. Wade is already breaking down little by little and all the other role players like Allen etc are already way past their prime two to three years from now and to top it all the dreaded NBA salary cap comes into play by form of exorbitant taxes to those who choose to go beyond it.

The logical choice in personnel movement here that I see is Bosh being traded soon. They lose little by way of his contribution if they can get two to three young players that they can develop in order to surround Lebron with the support he needs down the line. If they can't give Lebron that kind of support he just might jump ship to another contender like what he did before while getting probably the biggest payday in the history of the NBA. The guy already has a history of doing so.

The Lakers are in a position to do just that...offer him a lot of money while having Howard as his sidekick and take note..they aren't scared to spend and spend just to win.  Only time will tell if this will happen but just like LBJ, the Lakers have that history of doing exactly that as well...

And LA fans once again would have the last laugh.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013 at 01:50 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5839 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 02:25 PM »
The logical choice in personnel movement here that I see is Bosh being traded soon. They lose little by way of his contribution if they can get two to three young players that they can develop in order to surround Lebron with the support he needs down the line. If they can't give Lebron that kind of support he just might jump ship to another contender like what he did before while getting probably the biggest payday in the history of the NBA. The guy already has a history of doing so.

The Lakers are in a position to do just that...offer him a lot of money while having Howard as his sidekick and take note..they aren't scared to spend and spend just to win.  Only time will tell if this will happen but just like LBJ, the Lakers have that history of doing exactly that as well...

And LA fans once again would have the last laugh.

Yup, the LAKERS ownership (the former Buss anyway) have little regard for salary cap restrictions and the resulting luxury taxes ...... hence, they always have considerable talent in their lineups and contend most of the time.

LA is a major media market and money just pours in from corporations ...... add the fact that Hollywood is in the neighborhood.

===========================================================================

About Lebron ...... beg to differ, a little ...... Lebron actually took less money (not counting state taxes) when he chose to take his talents to South Beach rather than remain with the CAVS.

His salary is still considerable, but is far less than what others are making (on an annual basis) e.g. Joe Johnson, etc.

He gave his all while with the CAVS, so-so bench and all ...... while his exit from the CAVS wasn't well conceived, he was well within his rights to leave and choose a team that he felt would help him win a championship while still showcasing his game ..... in that regard, he made the right choice with the HEAT.

Bosh would be a candidate for a trade bait/salary dump, once the new punitive tax rate kicks in ...... however, the HEAT still have Mike Miller and he has always been the most likely amnesty candidate, in case the HEAT needs to dump salary.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013 at 02:27 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline marsie38

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5840 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 02:40 PM »
Who is that creeping in for the 8th spot... Hmmm... magkamali lang ulit ang LAL andyan na agad nagaabang ang Dallas. 1 game behind na lang sila sa Lakers na nagkakalat ulit, while Dallas are playing like a team again. sino kaya ang papasok sa 8th spot? LAL or Dallas... ang utah malamang na tanggal na yan sa mga pinakita nila lately. While Dallas wins against the Clips and on a 3 game streak right now, and Nowitski's game is coming back already.
~*mars*~

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5841 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 02:51 PM »
That's exactly the point..he took a massive pay cut last time. Logically thinking would LBJ once again take a pay cut like he did before? He already knows the feeling of winning. With his talent he has to be the highest amongst all. This is probably his last chance to cash in big time and many think that he will.  LA with their huge resources will accommodate him with open arms. In fact LA already tooled up for that year when Lebron is free again. These things happen not by accident in LA.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5842 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 02:59 PM »
LBJ didn't really lose money did he? Being a champion only strengthened his brand. He may get less for playing but the endorsements will more than compensate for the "loss".

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5843 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 03:08 PM »
LBJ didn't really lose money did he? Being a champion only strengthened his brand. He may get less for playing but the endorsements will more than compensate for the "loss".

Or probably one can look at it this way as well....becoming a champion increased his brand. Prior to the Miami signing he was just a well gifted athlete with a lot to prove. Now that he has proven it imagine what sort of money he will be offered once he hits the free market.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5844 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 03:45 PM »
Wala na kayong awa sa Lakers, bakit gusto nyo puro pasakit sa Lakers :(  E kung sa kulelat na mga teams na PHX at WAS natalo pa eh, sa Heat pa.  Wala naman ganyanan :-X

I just can't help but be frustrated on those two huge losses.  Those were games that LA shouldn't have lost and could've provided them the buffer they need for losses to better teams like GS but they simply blew it... Sayang talaga. 

one factor talaga kaya nagtatalo last 2game ang lakers

1. bago ma injured si Pau.. 6th man sya then nong pagbalik nasama ulit sa first 5 at nawalan nang playing time si Clark... bumalik sa dati problem tsk tsk tsk.

ayan na ang mavs.. raratsada na yan... goodluck again sa lakers team

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5845 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 04:23 PM »
That's exactly the point..he took a massive pay cut last time. Logically thinking would LBJ once again take a pay cut like he did before? He already knows the feeling of winning. With his talent he has to be the highest amongst all. This is probably his last chance to cash in big time and many think that he will.  LA with their huge resources will accommodate him with open arms. In fact LA already tooled up for that year when Lebron is free again. These things happen not by accident in LA.

The NBA's CBA has provisions which promotes teams keeping their own free-agents ...... by having mother teams offer heavier contracts (more money & longer contract) compared to other teams - hence, the HEAT can offer more money than the rest of the league.

The other teams are not allowed by the CBA to offer more than the mother teams max allowable contract.

Now, considering other sources of dollars ..... LA is tops (along with NY) in terms of media, etc.

But for someone like Lebron (much like MJ before), he dictates the market ....... he's too big a brand, that the dollars follow him IMO.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013 at 04:24 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #5846 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 04:32 PM »

On the blue highlighted comment: We will never know the answer, ever.
On the red highlighted comment: Base siguro 'to noong na supalpal twice ni Kobe si LBJ sa last All Star game. Pero sa regular games, I highly doubt it.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #5847 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 04:36 PM »
wala naman ako problema kay Le-BJ. I don't hate him. I would embrace him pa nga if ever he was on my team. Just saying, it would be great if a great player like him would be a complete player. Slashing, Driving, Posting up, non-traveling pivot foot, zero crab-dribble.

but I did point out na his disregard for perfecting moves in the post might be because of his reliance on the fact that no defender can guard his dribble drives, slashing and leaping abilities.

I still say, it's better for him to be prepared all the time and have the post up move in his arsenal at the ready. :)

Napansin ko nga, hindi mo HATE si LeBron  :-X
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013 at 04:36 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5848 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 04:43 PM »
On the blue highlighted comment: We will never know the answer, ever.
On the red highlighted comment: Base siguro 'to noong na supalpal twice ni Kobe si LBJ sa last All Star game. Pero sa regular games, I highly doubt it.

Kobe can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9CLnirVKGg

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #5849 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 04:53 PM »
Kobe can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9CLnirVKGg

wow that's like yesterday, LOL. come one, that clip was FIVE years ago and that's just one play. we're talking about effectively shutting him (LBJ) down for 48 mins wherein his efficiency will go down. i don't think Kobe can shut him down but i think PIP can but not consistently like in every game. let's say in a 7-game series, PIP can shut him down in one game, maybe two games max but lebron will still get his numbers although with a poor FG percentage and low efficiency.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013 at 04:58 PM by leomarley »