Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 859673 times)

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 939
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #6360 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 02:33 PM »
Sana nga bro.  Here are some NBA players who had Achilles tendon surgery and never got their A-Game back when they returned - Dominique, Shaq, Barkley. 
But the media hype here would be mind blowing. 

Dominique got back to become a 2 time all star after the injury. He even pales in comparison to the offensive game of Bryant which these days is more on gulang, shot fakes, footwork and fundamentals rather than athleticism so Bryant will still be productive once he gets back. It will be a given though that the days when Bryant can just elevate over everybody else is now history.

I agree..the media hype will be enormous. Somehow I believe that if there is an athlete with the right mentality to prove everybody wrong regardless of age, ability and now injury..it will be him. Just take a look at Rosé for example. He was given the clearance to play over a month ago and still until now he is a no show even though the Bulls are in the thick of the fight. He can't get the mental edge back up to now. Malayo si Bryant sa ibang players pag dating sa ganyan.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #6361 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 02:41 PM »
He can't get the mental edge back up to now. Malayo si Bryant sa ibang players pag dating sa ganyan.

haha. natawa ako kasi one of my friends showed me an image of Lebron being carried by teammates and mukhang naiiyak coz of cramps tapos si Kobe nakapagfree throw pa and walked on his own off the court when he raptured his achilles.

ibang klase toughness nya. Parang yung kay 'Zo na umayaw sa stretcher nung nainjured yung knee nya kasi gusto nya he'll walk it off. Tough guys.

Pero si Paul Pierce the best, de-wheel chair pa! Tapos may nalaman pang pastatic bike before coming back in sa 2008 finals games vs the Lakers. Classic! hahaha

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6362 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 02:47 PM »

Pero si Paul Pierce the best, de-wheel chair pa! Tapos may nalaman pang pastatic bike before coming back in sa 2008 finals games vs the Lakers. Classic! hahaha

Award naman yung kay Pierce...acting award hehehe.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6363 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 02:52 PM »
Which brings to mind the durability of Jordan.  Aside from a foot injury he suffered in '86, he never had any severe or "career ending " injury like this one.  How he has played till he's 40 without injury is truly a marvel.   Considering that during his time, there were no advanced treatment for injuries like the ones athletes are having now.

Well, one can also argue that Jordan and the Bulls never had to go through desperate moments like struggling for the 8th spot that require him to overexert himself ;D Unlike Kobe and the Lakers.

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6364 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 03:00 PM »
But you have to consider as well the amount of punishment that Jordan took back then. Iba mga foul noon. Luck perhaps? Or his body is fully prepared to take on the punishment? Or a combination of both.

I don't think Lebron will have the mental fortitude like Jordan to go against the Pistons bad boys again and again even though he knows that he will kiss the ground every time he tries. Pang career ending yung mga foul nila Mahorn, Rodman and of course...Laimbeer. Basketbrawl.
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2013 at 03:01 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6365 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 03:02 PM »
^^ sabi nga ni Vitti.. this season is a badluck for Lakers

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6366 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 03:05 PM »
haha. natawa ako kasi one of my friends showed me an image of Lebron being carried by teammates and mukhang naiiyak coz of cramps tapos si Kobe nakapagfree throw pa and walked on his own off the court when he raptured his achilles.

ibang klase toughness nya. Parang yung kay 'Zo na umayaw sa stretcher nung nainjured yung knee nya kasi gusto nya he'll walk it off. Tough guys.

Not that I'm belittling Kobe.  He's a warrior alright.  But I asked a friend who's an ex-PBA player and ex-UAAP coach about how the hell Kobe can still get up and shoot with a torn achilles.  He said OK lang naman sa torn achilles coz you can still maintain a standing posture but you just can't put pressure on the affected foot. Yes you can still bend a little.  But definitely, you can't walk, run or elevate one bit.  So Kobe's free throw was all about hip and arm motion and a little of the good leg perhaps.  Nothing really spectacular about that except for the fact that he both made the FTs, clean as a whistle to tie the game.

Yun kay LBJ na cramps, once you get hit no matter how big you are, kahit football player di makakatayo until mag subside yun cramps.  Remember, LBJ also went back and hit a crucial three with cramps.

Yun kay Pierce di ko alam nangyari.  Kung ACL yun, like what happened to me in 2003, wala talagang di makakalakad yun.  Took me 2 to 3 mos rehab before I can get full motion.  Ngayon alalay na.  Di na ako nakaka dunk hahahaha.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6367 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 03:10 PM »
Consider nyo na lang as freak accident injury yun. Kasi yung teammate dati ni Kobe na si Laron Profit, raptured achilles din pero sa bench lang madalas yun. Malas lang si Kobe bumigay achilles nya.

Si Jordan, heavy minutes din naman and mas grabe nga yung physicality before as what synchro_01 said. Kagulo mga hard fouls sakanya before.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6368 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 03:14 PM »
Not that I'm belittling Kobe.  He's a warrior alright.  But I asked a friend who's an ex-PBA player and ex-UAAP coach about how the hell Kobe can still get up and shoot with a torn achilles.  He said OK lang naman sa torn achilles coz you can still maintain a standing posture but you just can't put pressure on the affected foot. Yes you can still bend a little.  But definitely, you can't walk, run or elevate one bit.  So Kobe's free throw was all about hip and arm motion and a little of the good leg perhaps.  Nothing really spectacular about that except for the fact that he both made the FTs, clean as a whistle to tie the game.

Yun kay LBJ na cramps, once you get hit no matter how big you are, kahit football player di makakatayo until mag subside yun cramps.  Remember, LBJ also went back and hit a crucial three with cramps.

Yun kay Pierce di ko alam nangyari.  Kung ACL yun, like what happened to me in 2003, wala talagang di makakalakad yun.  Took me 2 to 3 mos rehab before I can get full motion.  Ngayon alalay na.  Di na ako nakaka dunk hahahaha.

haha, yeah, i understand makakalakad ka pa with achilles. pero isn't it painful though?

Anyway, I have no idea naman kelan nangyari yung picture na nagcramps sya na parang umiiyak sa sakit si Lebron. Just sayin, natawa ako sa comparison.

As for Paul Pierce, haha...super impossible na ACL yun. Wheelchair ka tapos biglang balik after a while during the game? haha No injury yun. Just plain Oscar performance. :D

****edit: kakasilip ko lang sa FB and eto new pic

« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2013 at 03:15 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6369 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 03:32 PM »
haha, yeah, i understand makakalakad ka pa with achilles. pero isn't it painful though?

Anyway, I have no idea naman kelan nangyari yung picture na nagcramps sya na parang umiiyak sa sakit si Lebron. Just sayin, natawa ako sa comparison.

As for Paul Pierce, haha...super impossible na ACL yun. Wheelchair ka tapos biglang balik after a while during the game? haha No injury yun. Just plain Oscar performance. :D

****edit: kakasilip ko lang sa FB and eto new pic

Painful but it happened to Kobe, the King of Pain.  Sugapa sa laro.  Perhaps sobra taas ng adrenaline pa at gustong manalo talaga.  Now, that's commendable for me.

Yun kay LBJ naman was during Game 4 yata of the Finals between Miami and OKC last year.  Ang joke nga dun, nung mag ka cramps si LBJ, biglang tinawag si Juwan Howard ni Coach Spo.  Si Juwan Howard, nagtatanggal warmup suit thinking sya papalit kay Lebron until Coach Spo said, "Juwan please carry LBJ and pick him up OK?" Lebron went back, limping, then buried a dagger three and sent the game to 3-1 Miami.

Yun kay Piece, baka diarrhea yun kaya di makatayo.  Nakakahiya nga naman kung maglalakad ka e may stain yun shorts mo...

Offline Ctlim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6370 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 04:49 PM »
I've had tendinitis on my left one before and I could still go to the gym, lift weights and do set shots or free throws. but brisk walking, jogging, running, jumping? No Way.

Its the stongest tendon in your body, rupturing it isnt a joke. So is coming back in better from at age 35. I guess this is the way it ends for Kobe, not to say he won't be back, even if he comes back, the Lakers would have already made moves to keep Dwight and make LA his team and prepare for future championships, they have to wait though and have Kobe's 30.5M last year contract to end before they can have the cash to lure an all start SG or SF to join D12.

Business is business. I'm sure the Lakers wont wait for a chance at a ring in 2014/15 with Kobe at 36/37. Derrick Rose is a Diva. He should have played by now. Superstars of before play instantly after they get cleared to practice. 

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6371 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 05:01 PM »
^^ Let wait and see.

media hype yan for sure - The Mamba Return; The 24 Beginnning; 

Offline Ctlim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6372 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 05:33 PM »
^^ Let wait and see.

media hype yan for sure - The Mamba Return; The 24 Beginnning; 

for sure. would be exciting how D12 steps up... 1st round against Ibaka and Perkins. Its gonna be the most watched 1st round playoff matchups ever. More so if Kobe watches from the bench.

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #6373 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 06:16 PM »
May lutong macau daw bro. Lamang na naman tayo sa FTA. 31 FTA for Lakers, 19FTA lang sa Spurs.

haha. Ok na daw, luto na daw ni David Stern kaya chillax na lang tayo mga kapatid na Laker fans. haha

sana lutuin hanggang championship para masarap. :D
inggit lang sila sa Lakers :P
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #6374 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 06:19 PM »

pangit ni Lebron mukhang BAKULAW  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2013 at 06:22 PM by retro12195 »
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline iammarcotoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6375 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 06:27 PM »
Painful but it happened to Kobe, the King of Pain.  Sugapa sa laro.  Perhaps sobra taas ng adrenaline pa at gustong manalo talaga.  Now, that's commendable for me.

Yun kay LBJ naman was during Game 4 yata of the Finals between Miami and OKC last year.  Ang joke nga dun, nung mag ka cramps si LBJ, biglang tinawag si Juwan Howard ni Coach Spo.  Si Juwan Howard, nagtatanggal warmup suit thinking sya papalit kay Lebron until Coach Spo said, "Juwan please carry LBJ and pick him up OK?" Lebron went back, limping, then buried a dagger three and sent the game to 3-1 Miami.

Yun kay Piece, baka diarrhea yun kaya di makatayo.  Nakakahiya nga naman kung maglalakad ka e may stain yun shorts mo...

Nakita ko din to! natawa din ako...tama naman..makakaFT ka pa tlga with Torn Achilles basta walang weight dun sa paa...pero ang nakkatawa ung facial expression ni LeBron eh...hahaha! I admired the big 3 he made after he came back pero the facial expression is priceless..haha!

Offline iammarcotoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6376 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 06:38 PM »
I know it's a long shot pero just wanted to ask, who owns the tiebreaker between Lakers and Rockets? Last two games of Rockers are on the road (@PHX, @LAL) so if ever they lose both games they will tie with Lakers e..

UPDATE:
Ok so I did my research. If the Lakers and Rockets end up tied at 45-37. These are the tiebreakers:
1. Division champion gets tiebreaker - not applicable
2. Head-to-head - will be 2-2 IF Lakers win
3. Better winning percentage in division - not applicable since HOU and LAL are not in the same division
4. Better winning percentage in conference - if Lakers win (28-24); Houston (24-28)

So Lakers will have the tiebreaker and will face no. 2 seed (likely San Antonio as OKC is 1 game ahead as of now and holds the tiebreaker)

It's a long shot. And Lakers might not even make the playoffs . I still believe they will bounce out of the first round. There is very little if not no chance they will make it past OKC or SA, but still who knows. Sigh, the beauty of the NBA..can't wait for the Playoffs to start, with or without the Lakers
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2013 at 06:59 PM by iammarcotoo »

Offline iammarcotoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6377 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 07:03 PM »
I've had tendinitis on my left one before and I could still go to the gym, lift weights and do set shots or free throws. but brisk walking, jogging, running, jumping? No Way.

Its the stongest tendon in your body, rupturing it isnt a joke. So is coming back in better from at age 35. I guess this is the way it ends for Kobe, not to say he won't be back, even if he comes back, the Lakers would have already made moves to keep Dwight and make LA his team and prepare for future championships, they have to wait though and have Kobe's 30.5M last year contract to end before they can have the cash to lure an all start SG or SF to join D12.

Business is business. I'm sure the Lakers wont wait for a chance at a ring in 2014/15 with Kobe at 36/37. Derrick Rose is a Diva. He should have played by now. Superstars of before play instantly after they get cleared to practice. 

Natawa nga ako sa mga nagjoke sa Twitter saying to Lakers fans not to worry since Kobe will still return earlier than Derrick Rose...haha!

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #6378 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 07:13 PM »
I know it's a long shot pero just wanted to ask, who owns the tiebreaker between Lakers and Rockets? Last two games of Rockers are on the road (@PHX, @LAL) so if ever they lose both games they will tie with Lakers e..

UPDATE:
Ok so I did my research. If the Lakers and Rockets end up tied at 45-37. These are the tiebreakers:
1. Division champion gets tiebreaker - not applicable
2. Head-to-head - will be 2-2 IF Lakers win
3. Better winning percentage in division - not applicable since HOU and LAL are not in the same division
4. Better winning percentage in conference - if Lakers win (28-24); Houston (24-28)

So Lakers will have the tiebreaker and will face no. 2 seed (likely San Antonio as OKC is 1 game ahead as of now and holds the tiebreaker)

It's a long shot. And Lakers might not even make the playoffs . I still believe they will bounce out of the first round. There is very little if not no chance they will make it past OKC or SA, but still who knows. Sigh, the beauty of the NBA..can't wait for the Playoffs to start, with or without the Lakers

GSW can also drop to 45W & 37L if it loses in its final two games (SAS, @POR), and the Lakers (assuming it wins against HOU) will also get the higher seed by virtue of the head-to-head advantage over GSW (3-1).

A triple tie among GSW, HOU and LAL at 45W and 37L is also possible. In that case, the Lakers will even go up to 6th (!) for having the best head-to-head win percentage among the three teams.

Of course, the Lakers can still drop out of the playoffs if they lose on Thursday and Utah wins its last two games. Pero naluto na raw, so hakuna matata.  :) 

Yup, the playoff matchups in the West are still very fluid. We'll have a slightly better picture after tomorrow's games.

'Yung sa East ang more or less set na - only ATL and CHI can change seeds:

1 MIA vs. 8 MIL
2 NYK vs. 7 BOS
3 IND vs. 6 ATL or CHI
4 BKN vs. 5 ATL or CHI   
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2013 at 07:16 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #6379 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 07:44 PM »
rose is a diva alright! si jordan dati di pa cleared maglaro pero nag lalaro ng pick up games kahit pagbawalan gusto talaga mag basketball nung mama. and the jordan era bulls weren't always dominant, dumaan rin sila sa struggle to fight for a playoff spot. todo bugbog din si MJ kaya nga maraming bilib sa will power niya. just one of the many traits and skills kobe got from his airness

at ngayon na playoffs na, dito na lalabas ang character ng mga tunay na star players. KD needs to redeem himself while LBJ needs to prove last year was not a fluke. old guys like duncan are looking for one last taste of glory before calling it quits. game on!

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6380 on: Apr 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM »
wala, najinx ni mattia yung laro ng Minny and Jazz. haha Tambak yung Minny. Go memphis na lang sa last game ng Jazz.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #6381 on: Apr 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM »
Lakers have already been pre-determined to get the 8th seed...hahaha!  :D. I really don't think the Jazz/GrIzzlies game would matter.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #6382 on: Apr 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM »
yung wolves mukang walang gana manalo amp!

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6383 on: Apr 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM »
yung wolves mukang walang gana manalo amp!

hehe

lamog team nila sa injuries. Franchise player nila wala. Sila pinakadurog in terms of injury.

Offline frequenzy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
« Reply #6384 on: Apr 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM »
kailngan manalo ang houston, para sa laban nila ng lakers eh pagpahingahin si harden :)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #6385 on: Apr 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM »
Thunder defeat Kings and clinch top seed.  So it's Okc na for the Lakers. SA though I think would have been a better match up.

Offline frequenzy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
« Reply #6386 on: Apr 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM »
Thunder defeat Kings and clinch top seed.  So it's Okc na for the Lakers. SA though I think would have been a better match up.
I like OKC para makabawi ang lakers :) but they still need to beat Houston first

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6387 on: Apr 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM »
sabi ko sa inyo.. uutasin ng MEM yan UTA.. they need the HCA vs LAC hehehe

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6389 on: Apr 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM »
^ i thought that would happen nung nabalitaan ko kagabi sa ... balita.