Author Topic: Flat Panel Behind A Motorized Projector Screen - Your Inputs Please....  (Read 502 times)

Offline revskie

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • HD Junkie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
I am thinking of upgrading my current 106" diagonal Dalite Hi-Power Model B with CSR to a motorized projector screen and put a flat panel underneath for cable tv watching.

I am thinking of getting a 50-55" LED because of the thin profile.  Picturewise, I still prefer the plasma but has a thicker profile.  I want to limit the clearance/distance between the projector screen fabric and the wall.  This will be of course dependent on the thickness of the chosen flat panel tv.

My questions:

1.  Are the current crop of LEDs from Samsung and LG up to par in terms of picture quality, reliability and pricing?
2.  Are there any thin plasma models from Panasonic that may fit the requirement?

My concern is the heat generated by these panels and may have a direct impact on the reliability.

Since it will be installed behind a projector screen, the installation will be as closer to the wall as possible and would eat up the space for ventilation.  This might have an averse affect on the units reliability.

Anybody got any experience on this?

Thanks!