Author Topic: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub  (Read 488770 times)

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub
« Reply #1050 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 10:06 AM »
Oops. Sorry, forgot to mention about the receiver  ;D. I am using a Yamaha RX-V450 and its connected to the sub out, then connected to the L & R input of the DQ12 using a Y- connector. Its been tame until I bi-wired the DTX towers.

I even used calibration DVDs to match the volume of the front speakers with the subs. It matches the volume at over 1/3 of the volume. But when I test the system, its too boomy, so I have to set it at min volume.

That's a mystery to me bro, ganyan din naman ang pagkabit ko e. Sub out of the 440 to the input of the DQ12. The volume of the sub should not change since the sub out of the amp is a line level output and is variable only via main volume setting. What do you mean when you say set at minimum? Minimum na rin ba ang sa sub volume mo sa amp? Minimum na rin ba sa volume ng sub? Sarap sanang puntahan sa inyo para ma tingnan. Kaya lang nasa Bacolod ako e. Hehe. Bro, please pardon me if I'm gonna ask you this question, but did you remove the connectors at the back of the terminals of the speakers when you biwired them? Nagbabakasakali lang.
Why not try to remove the biwiring and wire it regularly to see if babalik sya sa dati, and biwire again to see if may changes.  ;D

Sir AV? Calling Sir AV? Need help. Any diagnosis? ;D ???

Any other 450 owners having this problem?  ;D
Making the most of what I've got

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #1051 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 10:19 AM »
Hey Guys, can anyone help me decide if its ok to use 2 ueros 8 center as my front speakers.? Limited kasi space ko for the fronts kaya it shoild be wall hanged. Ang main concern ko lang is regarding sa clarity ng fronts. Will it sound as clear as the euros tower? Not much concerned sa bass kasi im using USAudio512 naman. Hope you can help.
My setup:
AVR-Yamaha-RXV350

I see no problem with that.  Though I think having centers for the front L and R might end up more expensive. 

The center's D'Apollito arrangement of drivers is meant to offer a wider horizontal dispersion than those tower fronts (though lobing effects will create sitting preferences).  So I would suggest you rotate the centers 90 degree either way so the D'Apolito arrayed speakers are vertically aligned.   
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2005 at 10:20 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1052 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 10:20 AM »
Thanks for the info on the centers. Are there stores selling DTX centers? Megamall isnt selling anymore. Its ok if it lacks bass, I have a spare Bose acoustimass passive sub that I connect to the center.

I plan to buy a new center & put my WH-2 center as my rear back channel bec I just found out that rear channel I am using now is only 4 ohms. Manual says it has to be 6 ohms for surrounds. Is this bad for the amp?

Well, bad to a certain degree since the 4-Ohm rear speaker you have right now has a higher impedance and it's gonna be a larger load for the amp than the recommended 6-Ohm minimum. I'm quite certain that the amp can handle it, though it would operate at a higher temperature, but it's always best to play it safe, right?  ;D

Try calling Mike at Moses Aaron at (02)7354390 to check for the availability of the speakers that you're looking for, but remember bro, I got my Euros 8 Center at the same price I got my DTX 9.5 Center for. And the Euros 8 Center is much better than the DTX 9.5 Center.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #1053 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 10:25 AM »
That's a mystery to me bro, ganyan din naman ang pagkabit ko e. Sub out of the 440 to the input of the DQ12. The volume of the sub should not change since the sub out of the amp is a line level output and is variable only via main volume setting. What do you mean when you say set at minimum? Minimum na rin ba ang sa sub volume mo sa amp? Minimum na rin ba sa volume ng sub? Sarap sanang puntahan sa inyo para ma tingnan. Kaya lang nasa Bacolod ako e. Hehe. Bro, please pardon me if I'm gonna ask you this question, but did you remove the connectors at the back of the terminals of the speakers when you biwired them? Nagbabakasakali lang.
Why not try to remove the biwiring and wire it regularly to see if babalik sya sa dati, and biwire again to see if may changes.  ;D

Sir AV? Calling Sir AV? Need help. Any diagnosis? ;D ???

Any other 450 owners having this problem?  ;D

Would like to help but I fail to grasp the problem.  I don't see how biwiring will make the total sonics become boomy.  Unless he failed to wire the tweets, so the overall effect is so much bass and no highs. 

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1054 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 10:33 AM »
Hey Guys, can anyone help me decide if its ok to use 2 ueros 8 center as my front speakers.? Limited kasi space ko for the fronts kaya it shoild be wall hanged. Ang main concern ko lang is regarding sa clarity ng fronts. Will it sound as clear as the euros tower? Not much concerned sa bass kasi im using USAudio512 naman. Hope you can help.
My setup:
AVR-Yamaha-RXV350

Bro, why not get a pair of Euros 8 bookshelf speakers na lang if space is your concern. I can say it won't be as clear as getting a pair of towers but the matching with your other speakers would still be great in the sense that all of them would be two way systems na, assuming you'd be using a Euros 8 center and a pair of Euros 8 bookshelfs* din for your surrounds. And personally, I think the towers are way better performing than the rest of the speakers in the Euros 8 system. And beside getting two Euros 8 centers would cost you about 3.3K while a pair of Bookshelfs would cost you about 2.7K. Assuming you get them at their present prices.  ;D

*Please note that I use the term "bookshelfs" when I refer to a pair of Bookshelf speakers instead of "bookshelves" since we're talking about speakers here, not cabinet shelves. Hehe.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2005 at 10:35 AM by arthurallanj »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1055 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 10:47 AM »
i got to audition the bookshelf surround speakers sa mega kanina..

the euros 8 bookshelf sounds better than the pl100s medyo walang body yung sound ng pl100 medyo harsh..euros8 bs also sounded big   walang euros 8 tower to audition (i was in the backroom) so andun lang euros 6 and pl100s... medyo harsh din yung pl100s compared with the euros6.. sayang walang euros 8 to compare..
i didnt buy anything since nagtaas na ng presyo.. the euros 6 towers was quoted at mga 9+ daw.. parang pagod na yung sales dude kaya he didnt bother to check the actual price..  also may all white 5.1 speaker set sa front display worth 13+k parang bago ata yun...

Are you talking about the slim system na andun na US Audio ang label, bro? O yung malaki na Daiichi system na pati shelf at amp included? I like the new slim system they have sa listening room, looks classy and imported, never auditioned it though, I thought it was too small to sound as good as the Euros 8. The all white 5.1 system sa labas was released last year pa, maganda rin sya as a package since pati tv rack meron na, then built in ang sub sa rack mismo, although the bass reproduction isn't as good as getting a separate sub. Pati 5 channel amp kasama dun for about 17K dati, bumaba na ata, nagustuhan nga yun dati ng Wifey e kasi mura na sya, maganda pa at kumpleto na.  ;D

But yes sir, I concur with you in saying that the Euros 8 BS sounded better than the PL100, kaya nga di ko na sya in-audition extensively since I heard the difference kaagad when the salesperson switched the speakers.  ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1056 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 11:21 AM »
What do you mean when you say set at minimum? Minimum na rin ba ang sa sub volume mo sa amp? Minimum na rin ba sa volume ng sub? Bro, please pardon me if I'm gonna ask you this question, but did you remove the connectors at the back of the terminals of the speakers when you biwired them? Nagbabakasakali lang.

I meant minimum na ang setting ko sa subs. Yep, I did remove the connectors.

Ok, will try that. Thanks  :)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1057 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 11:21 AM »
Try calling Mike at Moses Aaron at (02)7354390 to check for the availability of the speakers that you're looking for, but remember bro, I got my Euros 8 Center at the same price I got my DTX 9.5 Center for. And the Euros 8 Center is much better than the DTX 9.5 Center.

I called Mike and he said they still have (P1,700w/ 5% disc) DTX centers. And the Euros 8 center has almost the same price (P1700). But like you mentioned, DTX centers sound best with the DTX towers (Mike said this too). I would prefer it to be tonally matched than if the Euros 8 center would subdue the DTX. Anyway, I have a spare subwoofer to connect to the DTX center.

Baka mangyari nyan after buying the Euros center I will be itching to upgrade to Euros towers na rin. My wife would bonk me in the head. UNLESS, I settle for my WH-2 center and use the Euros center for my rear center. Whatcha think  :) ?

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1058 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 11:33 AM »
I called Mike and he said they still have (P1,700w/ 5% disc) DTX centers. And the Euros 8 center has almost the same price (P1700). But like you mentioned, DTX centers sound best with the DTX towers (Mike said this too). I would prefer it to be tonally matched than if the Euros 8 center would subdue the DTX. Anyway, I have a spare subwoofer to connect to the DTX center.

Baka mangyari nyan after buying the Euros center I will be itching to upgrade to Euros towers na rin. My wife would bonk me in the head. UNLESS, I settle for my WH-2 center and use the Euros center for my rear center. Whatcha think  :) ?

if ever you get the towers, gawan mo na lang palusot. sabihin mo second hand lang. sobrang bagsak presyo kamo :)

medyo sirain mo yung box for the added effects :) better hurry up. bago pa magtaas ng price :)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1059 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 12:54 PM »

I'm sorry, bro, my Bad, I forgot you got the DTX 9.5 Towers na pala. Yes, bro, I'd recommend the DTX 9.5 Center for you, nakalimutan ko lang talaga na ang towers mo DTX na pala. Go for the DTX.  ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1060 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 12:57 PM »
if ever you get the towers, gawan mo na lang palusot. sabihin mo second hand lang. sobrang bagsak presyo kamo :)

medyo sirain mo yung box for the added effects :) better hurry up. bago pa magtaas ng price :)

You devil you. He he he. Tinuruan pa ng kalokohan. He he he. Ganyan din ginawa ko sa Yamaha RX-V650 ko, sabi ko second hand lang, kuha ko 16K, di alam ng wifey na 25K, itinago ko na nga lang ang resibo at warranty card, baka mabuko pa. O, kayo lang nakakaalam nito ha? Pag nalaman ni misis, patay kayong lahat sa akin, hehehe.  ;D  >:D
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2005 at 12:58 PM by arthurallanj »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1061 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 01:17 PM »
You devil you. He he he. Tinuruan pa ng kalokohan. He he he. Ganyan din ginawa ko sa Yamaha RX-V650 ko, sabi ko second hand lang, kuha ko 16K, di alam ng wifey na 25K, itinago ko na nga lang ang resibo at warranty card, baka mabuko pa. O, kayo lang nakakaalam nito ha? Pag nalaman ni misis, patay kayong lahat sa akin, hehehe.  ;D  >:D

salbahe ka sir art. mabubuko ka rin :) alam mo naman mga misis natin, walang lihim na nde kayang hukayin :)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1062 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 01:56 PM »

ROFL ;D ;D ;D

But actually the Euros 8 was already on sale during the time I got my DTX towers (Oct, 2004). I auditioned them all and found PL100 to be the best for me. But I live in a condo and space is a serious consideration for me. I was actually decided on the Euros 8 (from seeing it from the flyer) until I saw it w/ my own eyes, LOL, they were HUGE! Along with our 50" RPTV, I had no choice but to choose the slim towers or I had to mount the Euros 8 on the ceiling   ;D.

Anyway, I said to myself, when I go home I wont remember how good the other speakers sounded and I will have no choice but to enjoy the slim towers. And I did!
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2005 at 02:25 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1063 on: Jan 29, 2005 at 08:56 AM »
salbahe ka sir art. mabubuko ka rin :) alam mo naman mga misis natin, walang lihim na nde kayang hukayin :)

Salbahe ka rin bro, tinuturuan mo pa kasi ang iba sa kalokohan NATIN e, ako, at least, ako lang. Pero tama ka bro, alam ko na nararamdaman ni misis na may inililihim ako sa 650 ko kasi parang ayaw maniwala na nawala ko yung waybill ng cargo forwarder, andun kasi ang insured amount e. Tanong nang tanong dati kung nasaan na. He he. Pa-cute na lang ako.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2005 at 09:08 AM by arthurallanj »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1064 on: Jan 29, 2005 at 09:07 AM »
ROFL ;D ;D ;D

But actually the Euros 8 was already on sale during the time I got my DTX towers (Oct, 2004). I auditioned them all and found PL100 to be the best for me. But I live in a condo and space is a serious consideration for me. I was actually decided on the Euros 8 (from seeing it from the flyer) until I saw it w/ my own eyes, LOL, they were HUGE! Along with our 50" RPTV, I had no choice but to choose the slim towers or I had to mount the Euros 8 on the ceiling   ;D.

Anyway, I said to myself, when I go home I wont remember how good the other speakers sounded and I will have no choice but to enjoy the slim towers. And I did!

I don't think there's any reason to regret the purchase you made, bro. The DTX 9.5 speaker system is a great buy, I think it's highly unlikely na i-di-dispose ko yung sa akin someday, I liked it very much dati, and I still like it now. I think pagsisisihan ko if mawawala sya someday sa akin..... Grabe.... I sound like something out of a teleserye. You got so many years ahead of you to enjoy them.

And yes, we had the same reaction when I saw the Euros 8, the wifey even asked me a question after we saw it. "Yan ba talaga kukunin natin?" Pareho lang kasi kaming nagulat sa laki. Although, I was really decided on getting the 8's, that was the time I considered the 6's, but konti lang kasi talaga ang diperensya e, pricewise, and I did not want to have any regrets someday, so sabi ko, "Bahala na, I'm going all the way". Biglang lumiit ang TV nang inilagay ko na sya sa tabi nito. Now, the wifey and I are considering a TV with a bigger screen. Gastos na naman.  :-\ ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2005 at 09:09 AM by arthurallanj »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1065 on: Jan 29, 2005 at 09:46 AM »
...Biglang lumiit ang TV nang inilagay ko na sya sa tabi nito. Now, the wifey and I are considering a TV with a bigger screen. Gastos na naman.  :-\ ;D

kunwari pa si sir art :) gustung gusto naman :)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1066 on: Jan 29, 2005 at 10:03 AM »
I don't think there's any reason to regret the purchase you made, bro. The DTX 9.5 speaker system is a great buy, I think it's highly unlikely na i-di-dispose ko yung sa akin someday, I liked it very much dati, and I still like it now. I think pagsisisihan ko if mawawala sya someday sa akin..... Grabe.... I sound like something out of a teleserye. You got so many years ahead of you to enjoy them.

And yes, we had the same reaction when I saw the Euros 8, the wifey even asked me a question after we saw it. "Yan ba talaga kukunin natin?" Pareho lang kasi kaming nagulat sa laki. Although, I was really decided on getting the 8's, that was the time I considered the 6's, but konti lang kasi talaga ang diperensya e, pricewise, and I did not want to have any regrets someday, so sabi ko, "Bahala na, I'm going all the way". Biglang lumiit ang TV nang inilagay ko na sya sa tabi nito. Now, the wifey and I are considering a TV with a bigger screen. Gastos na naman.  :-\ ;D

Oh yes! I love my DTXs! for the price I paid for em they sure are worth it. I keep boasting to my barkadas whose HT setups cost around 200k on how SULIT these DTXs are. Sure, their setups sound better, but for the price I paid, I dont think that there is a huge exponential difference compared to theirs.

Bro Art, GO for the big TV, I tell ya its heaven for HT lovers (like you and me), matches the huge Euros 8 too >:D >:D.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1067 on: Jan 29, 2005 at 10:20 AM »
kunwari pa si sir art :) gustung gusto naman :)

You see the grinning smiley at the end? That's what it means. He he.  ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1068 on: Jan 29, 2005 at 10:40 AM »
Oh yes! I love my DTXs! for the price I paid for em they sure are worth it. I keep boasting to my barkadas whose HT setups cost around 200k on how SULIT these DTXs are. Sure, their setups sound better, but for the price I paid, I dont think that there is a huge exponential difference compared to theirs.

Bro Art, GO for the big TV, I tell ya its heaven for HT lovers (like you and me), matches the huge Euros 8 too >:D >:D.

The wife and I actually wanted to purchase a surplus 36-inch widescreen TV last christmas, but marami pa kasi kaming utang since we're also doing some home improvements. So we settled for another surplus 29 inch flat TV. But we still plan on getting a bigger set.  ;D

And yes, I think we made a great purchase, kahit na mahirap lang tayo, we still get to enjoy great HT. So who says you need to be rich to have a home theater at home?  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2005 at 12:39 PM by arthurallanj »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1069 on: Jan 29, 2005 at 12:47 PM »
And yes, I think we made a great purchase, kahit na mahirap lang tayo, we still get to enjoy great HT. So who says you need to be rich to have a home theater at home?  ;D

Well said ;D!

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #1070 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 10:29 AM »
almost went home last saturday afternoon but my wife told me to meet her at her friend's house in cubao. went there and they told me they want to go to binondo. told myself while they're are at biinondo might as well stop by raon but instead of using my car i borrowed my mom's van. went home with a pair of euros8 floorstanders with us. he-he-he.

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1071 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 10:42 AM »
i'm planning to sell my dtx 9.5 tower, 9.5 center and 9.5 bookshelf. barely 2 weeks used...magkano ko kaya mabebenta ito? i'm planning to upgrade to infinity speakers kse.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #1072 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 10:47 AM »
sir ang bilis naman ng UPGRADE mo- ;D ok paki reserved ung floorstanders mo, pero magkano mo ibibigay? ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1073 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 11:18 AM »
sir ang bilis naman ng UPGRADE mo- ;D ok paki reserved ung floorstanders mo, pero magkano mo ibibigay? ;D

hirap talaga kapag nakarinig ka ng ibang mga brand na speakers, magkakaroon ka ng point of comparison. mga dai-ichi speakers kse for beginners sa ht ok lang pero once na nakarinig ka ng more expensive na brands of speakers duon mo ma discern yung sinasabi ng ibang mga audiophiles na nag di-disappear sa room yung sound, with grace and finesse and so forth...etc. dai-ichi's kse medyo walang finesse, puro power lang.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1074 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 02:04 PM »
almost went home last saturday afternoon but my wife told me to meet her at her friend's house in cubao. went there and they told me they want to go to binondo. told myself while they're are at biinondo might as well stop by raon but instead of using my car i borrowed my mom's van. went home with a pair of euros8 floorstanders with us. he-he-he.

Magkano kuha mo bro? Saan? So how do you find it?

I miss Raon.....  :'( ;D

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1075 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 02:11 PM »
P5,250 last day sale last sat.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1076 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 02:21 PM »
P5,250 last day sale last sat.

Saan, bro. So how do you like it so far? Thanks.  ;D

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1077 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 02:55 PM »
Moses Aaron. Nakausap ko si mike ayaw nga nya ako bigyan pa ng additionla discount. Check mo kay mike baka may stock pa sya.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1078 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 03:04 PM »
Moses Aaron. Nakausap ko si mike ayaw nga nya ako bigyan pa ng additionla discount. Check mo kay mike baka may stock pa sya.

Meron na bro, dun naman talaga ako kumukuha sa kanya. I got my towers for 5,100. I got 3 pairs of bookshelfs for 2,650 per pair and my center for 1,650. Mura na rin kuha mo, bro. He usually gives it to others at 5,600, then he gives an extra 5% sa mga suki, he gives me 7%, kasi I send business their way, and kumpare ko si Mike. Hehe.  ;D

So, how'd you like the Euros 8? Thanks.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2005 at 03:05 PM by arthurallanj »

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1079 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 03:18 PM »
I'm gonna use it mainly for ht that's why i'm very satisfied with it. Even better than using may bose am3. Lumabas sa euros yung butas na frequency sa mga cubed speakers although i think it's more boomy than the bose am3 (probably my room). All in all for 5T bucks, i'm very happy with it. I'm gonna have a separate system for my audio so i'll probably buy a better speaker set and I already asked my sister in the states to buy 2 sets of those cheap sonic class t amplifiers para hindi na ako gumasta sa napakamahal na mga tube amps.