Author Topic: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub  (Read 488803 times)

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub
« Reply #1140 on: May 23, 2005 at 11:09 AM »
Some may say that's just patronizing your own. But to everybody seeing this: We're just happy about our purchase. It's not about having the most expensive or the best stuff, it's about what you did with your resources and just how much you got for so little. I don't think there's any consolation in having the best equiptment when you have the money, of course you can have the best, you can afford it. It's getting the best for your money that counts, and even moreso if you got something great for so little. Wachatink, bro chits and bro vtec? He he he. Peace, mga bro. Di ako naghahanap ng away. He he he. ;D ;D

sir ganyan na talaga ngayon i think, customer has the option kung ano bibilhin dahil madaming alternatives. often ang hinahanap ng customers now is service then value for money. and i guess we got naman both with our purchase.  :)

peace din.  ;)

Offline migs26

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1141 on: May 23, 2005 at 12:46 PM »
bros, saan ba meron pinaka murang US Audio 512 ? Price, AV Store name & contact nos. please.

TIA!  8)

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1142 on: May 23, 2005 at 01:14 PM »
sir ganyan na talaga ngayon i think, customer has the option kung ano bibilhin dahil madaming alternatives. often ang hinahanap ng customers now is service then value for money. and i guess we got naman both with our purchase.  :)

peace din.  ;)

In the words of bro chito: AMEN.
Making the most of what I've got

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1143 on: May 23, 2005 at 01:18 PM »
bros, saan ba meron pinaka murang US Audio 512 ? Price, AV Store name & contact nos. please.

TIA!  8)

Try Moses Aaron. 7354390. Look for Mike.
Making the most of what I've got

Offline migs26

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1144 on: May 24, 2005 at 09:27 AM »
Try Moses Aaron. 7354390. Look for Mike.

other recommended stores.. tnx.

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Trust in the Lord . . .
  • Liked:
« Reply #1145 on: Jun 04, 2005 at 11:16 AM »
The Euros 6 and 8 are now on-sale at Dai-ichi Show Room (MegaMall). Got myself a set of Euros8 for 16,490 and other Euros owner (thanks arthurallanj) are right in saying that these speakers are quite good  :D . I had it paired with an RXV750.

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #1146 on: Jun 04, 2005 at 06:40 PM »
i am pretty sure you will enjoy your Euros8 as all owners are experiencing.  Wait ka pa until ma break-in yan and you will enjoy it more  ;D

Offline who102

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1147 on: Jun 06, 2005 at 05:37 PM »
fyi guys. last week i called yung raon branch,  may promo raw sila. yung euros8 floorstanders 6,400 lang (from 10,600).  not  sure kung tapos na. try to call them up to verify (tel no 314-8518).

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #1148 on: Jun 07, 2005 at 07:00 AM »
bros, just curious -- do we still have those big BS from dai-ichi or micro about 10" drivers that are mostly popular during the 80s? tnx  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1149 on: Jun 07, 2005 at 11:00 AM »
Some may say that's just patronizing your own. But to everybody seeing this: We're just happy about our purchase. It's not about having the most expensive or the best stuff, it's about what you did with your resources and just how much you got for so little. I don't think there's any consolation in having the best equiptment when you have the money, of course you can have the best, you can afford it. It's getting the best for your money that counts, and even moreso if you got something great for so little. Wachatink, bro chits and bro vtec? He he he. Peace, mga bro. Di ako naghahanap ng away. He he he. ;D ;D

TAma pre.. wala sa brand yan its more of the sound you like basta panalo sa iyo sound no one can question it.. learn also even yun mga oldtimers in audio prefer DIY or custom made gears than branded coz this gears provide what they're looking. ;D ;D ;D

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #1150 on: Jun 07, 2005 at 11:58 AM »

TAma pre.. wala sa brand yan its more of the sound you like basta panalo sa iyo sound no one can question it.. learn also even yun mga oldtimers in audio prefer DIY or custom made gears than branded coz this gears provide what they're looking. ;D ;D ;D

Amen!  ;D

Offline mheloy

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1151 on: Jun 10, 2005 at 07:40 AM »
fyi guys. last week i called yung raon branch,  may promo raw sila. yung euros8 floorstanders 6,400 lang (from 10,600).  not  sure kung tapos na. try to call them up to verify (tel no 314-8518).

Pares pa ito sir?
Tapos na ba?

Offline who102

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1152 on: Jun 10, 2005 at 12:30 PM »
Pares pa ito sir?
Tapos na ba?

sa knight audio, currently P8100 ata (10125, less 20%). sa megamall daiichi 5th floor naman 6075 lang. try calling them sa 635-3111 for details. pares n po ito.

Offline Rhandz

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1153 on: Jun 27, 2005 at 10:49 PM »
Has anyone compared the Euros with gale speakers?

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1154 on: Jul 08, 2005 at 12:51 PM »
To Euros8 Tower owners . . .

a) What is the settings of your fronts did you set it as small or large speakers?
b) For the LFE did you set as both front and sub  OR sub only

The Euros 8 are connected to a Yamaha 750. 

Appreciate settings you used to achieve the best sound  ??? ... I've tried experimenting kc and cant decide which is the best so I'd like to hear it from others. ::)

Thanks in advance.

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #1155 on: Jul 08, 2005 at 01:58 PM »
if u have a sub set it to small tapos lfe sub only pero kung bitin sub mo saet it large and lfe for both. I don't have a sub oks nako sa euros 8.

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1156 on: Jul 08, 2005 at 03:06 PM »
Ok, currently I've set it at front=small, LFE = Both so far OK naman ang tunog (mas pino) at pag naka Front=Large, LFE=Both medyo mas malakas nga ang bass pero parang boomy on certain DVD's; MP3.

My sub is the 150W na Euro8, bandpass design daw baka kaya mas boomy. I guess I will play around with it. Nagtataka lang ako dahil automatic set-up ng Yamaha naka -8dB sya, nasa 11:00 oclock naman yung volume ng sub. I wonder how it is with other subs, if I make a Y connector (input sa subs L/R) will my bass sound tighter or boomy?

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1157 on: Jul 08, 2005 at 03:36 PM »
If I were you (but I am not  ;D), and if I am using the Euros 8 (is it the complete package including the sub?), I will do the following:

all channels set to large. I learned this just recently when my brother showed the effect it has in the surround channels including the fronts - it attenuates part of the midrange spectrum that all channels can handle, removing a portion of the body of sounds emanating from the surround channels. Let the surround speakers roll off the lows naturally. The only cons for the front is a possible difficulty of positioning them without it sounding boomy in the bass. This is why sometimes it make more sense that the fronts take only about 50hz and above freq to avoid placement difficulty arising from bass freq if a subwoofer will be employed anyway.

The subwoofer should be experimented on varied position. As subwoofer is an animal that communicates too well with your listening environment, listening experience will depend on the optimum positioning - from muddy, boomy, to tight and tonally balanced with surrounds. The following are factors that can be varied, and may take time - probably not just one sitting - and with correct test materials.

(1) positioning - corner loaded, away from walls, facing any wall, at the back of a couch, etc, etc

(2) adjust cross-over in the sub - since euros8 fronts are LF capable to a certain degree. Thus, try to tune the subw where the euros front cuts the LF (probably at 40Hz or below). At this setting, you might notice that you will not be able to hear the sub anymore since the euros fronts will take the usual bass freq from 40Hz up. But you might hear the euros subw at freq passages below 40 hz if the euros subw can handle it. having the front and the sub take up 100hz/90hz which yamaha sub out cross-over can only result in a further boomy/messy/bad bass reproduction - that putting off your subwoofer maybe the best sonic you can hear out of the euros.

(3) if there is phase adjust in euros8, also play and experiment with it.
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1158 on: Jul 08, 2005 at 04:45 PM »
I'm using the complete Euro8 package (Front, Center, Surround & Sub -- almost 1.5 months pa lang), while I'm satisfied wit the way it sounds now, the Yamaha 750 have a lot of options/settings that I like to tweak to get the most of my set-up.

Due to the nature of the room, there is only one place I can put the sub (diagonally positioned beside the right front speaker).

I'll try your suggestion and see which setting will provide the best sound.

Thaks for the suggestion! :-*

Offline kt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1159 on: Jul 28, 2005 at 05:06 PM »
guys help lang po....newbie here po

im planning to get an active sub n i happen to look at the daichi showroom at mega...dami pala sila different brands dun pero puro daichi dba? theres the US audio, DTX, Studio Acoustics and the BP models...

? ko lang po if may differnce in output n sound quality ba yung matls na gamit nila? kasi for the studio acoustics the matl is hard rubber surround and makapal while for the DTX is yung soft surround matl...

i tried both n yung DTX malambot po yung bass , while for the Studio Acoustics medyo tyt n matigas...yung US Audio di ko po natry eh...balikan ko pa siguro

wat wud u guys recommend na pwede mag 'adapt' n pang overall usage sana like ht, games n audio?

n suggest din po kayo ng other subs na pwede sa choices

TIA!

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1160 on: Jul 28, 2005 at 05:31 PM »
guys help lang po....newbie here po

im planning to get an active sub n i happen to look at the daichi showroom at mega...dami pala sila different brands dun pero puro daichi dba? theres the US audio, DTX, Studio Acoustics and the BP models...

? ko lang po if may differnce in output n sound quality ba yung matls na gamit nila? kasi for the studio acoustics the matl is hard rubber surround and makapal while for the DTX is yung soft surround matl...

i tried both n yung DTX malambot po yung bass , while for the Studio Acoustics medyo tyt n matigas...yung US Audio di ko po natry eh...balikan ko pa siguro

wat wud u guys recommend na pwede mag 'adapt' n pang overall usage sana like ht, games n audio?

n suggest din po kayo ng other subs na pwede sa choices

TIA!

I'm also a newbie like yourself and I've checked the various email threads/consulted some members here. In the end, it will really be up to your listening preference. They also say that the room acoustics,position will affect how it will sound. 

For myself I've went with the Euro8's 10" sub for the price and performance, although I had it repaired just yesterday(after two months). They changed the driver with a higher rating and it sounded much better (mas mabilog ang tunog not like before na minsan muddy, pero baka settings ko din). I've also asked the Dai-ichi Tech and he said that the Euro's8 is their latest model. But if you really want a sub na talaga daw may tama sa dibdib, go for the 15".

Better audition all and choose the one to your liking and budget (although medyo hirap kasi dami choices). 

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1161 on: Jul 28, 2005 at 05:42 PM »
lawin...something na mga 10" lang sguro...di naman ganun kalaki rum ko eh. san meron ng euro8s? daichi din ba yun? how much po? tnx

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1162 on: Jul 29, 2005 at 09:55 AM »
lawin...something na mga 10" lang sguro...di naman ganun kalaki rum ko eh. san meron ng euro8s? daichi din ba yun? how much po? tnx

Euros 8 (DTX, US Audio, etc...), gawa rin ng Daiichi pero ang nakalabel ay StudioAcoustics ata (kasi export model ito). Sa Daiichi,MegaMall - nakasale pa rin ata (price 6,200 for the 10" -150Watts) makikita mo sa demo room nila sa gitna.

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1163 on: Jul 29, 2005 at 11:48 AM »
yup dude i saw yung brands na yun. so u got yung studio acoustics? mas ok ba yun than the dtx n us audio?

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1164 on: Jul 29, 2005 at 01:18 PM »
yup dude i saw yung brands na yun. so u got yung studio acoustics? mas ok ba yun than the dtx n us audio?

For me ok naman performance nya, both for music and HT. The Studio Acoustics (or Euros) is the latest model, then US Audio, DTX although some prefer the US Audio others the DTX. Again depende sa kung alin sa pandinig mo ang ok --- better audition and choose while still on-sale. 

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1165 on: Jul 29, 2005 at 04:24 PM »
ah cge l check them out. wud u happen to know if an active sub will work w the sub out of the yamaha tss10? tnx dude!

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1166 on: Jul 30, 2005 at 09:55 AM »
ah cge l check them out. wud u happen to know if an active sub will work w the sub out of the yamaha tss10? tnx dude!

I think so . . . let me know what you've chosen and why  ;)

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1167 on: Jul 31, 2005 at 01:56 AM »
hirap nga pumili dude! kasi i liked the dtx 4.10 yata yung natry ko! kaso may natry naman ako yung dtx5.8! yung 4.10 front firing dba? yung 5.8 yata naka bandpass na..hmmm...tingn mo?

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1168 on: Aug 01, 2005 at 11:27 AM »
since daichi po gumawa ng dtx n us audio...ano po difference nila? kasi i saw yung DTX 5.8 and yung Us Audio 508...parang pareho lang sakto sila parehong bandpass po dba?

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1169 on: Aug 01, 2005 at 02:30 PM »
lawin wat made u choose the euros 8 sub pala? have u heard the dtx4.10 n Us Audio 508? wat comparison mo with those? tnx dude