Author Topic: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub  (Read 491115 times)

Offline leomar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub
« Reply #1290 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 11:19 AM »
sir imerb  PhP 2,646 ang bili, punta na po kau agad, kasi sabi sa akin nung nagbenta magtataas daw sila, magiging PhP 4k na daw!

Offline Klod

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1291 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 11:58 AM »
di ko kasi alam pano ko gagawin.. pasok yung speaker wire sa loob ng speaker e.. tinignan ko sa likod walang screws of any kind to open it up.. tapos if ever ma bukas ko nga, di ako marunong mag solder  :-\ pag dinugtung ko i cover it with electrical tape naman e?

Sorry medyo late na to. Pero I had the same situation, what I did is to open the speakers and I saw the red and black soldered. I cut both but not totally para di ako malito kung saan ko i so-solder yung red speaker wire (gauge 14 oxgen free). Since masyadong maliit yung butas sa likod nung box, I used impact drill para lakihin ng konti yung butas. Dapat sakto lang, after I insert the speaker wire sa loob, I soldered it and then secured yung pinagpasukan nung speaker wire in and out using glue gun para sure na walang lalabas na air.

Try it. Or you can just go to a nearest technician at sya ng bahala. Gagastos ka lang cguro ng 50-100 pesos. Gaganda pa tunog!  ;D

Offline lmerb

• Collector
  • Wazzup!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1292 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 03:15 PM »
sir imerb  PhP 2,646 ang bili, punta na po kau agad, kasi sabi sa akin nung nagbenta magtataas daw sila, magiging PhP 4k na daw!

tnx. Sa Sunday cguro. score ako.

Offline egzbuen

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1293 on: Sep 10, 2005 at 05:47 PM »
Greetings to all ;D

I have jst arrived from Raon and bought myself the following:

1 pc. DTX Center
2 pairs of DTX Towers ( for front and rear)
AV-387a

i already have an active subwoofer.

i bought DTX towers for rears since there are no more available DTX bookshelves and
the euros bookshelves were priced as much as the DTX towers, plus, the color
combination would be diferent and wouldnt want to spend more money for stands
(hope i did the rith thing here) ;D

1. any tips on setting up this stuff? ive read the sakura and daichi threads and would
want to get more advise from those who have the same setups. (newbie here) ;D

2. how do you guys "tweak" your speaekrs/set up?

3. how long do you usually break in your speaklers before you get optimal sound?

4. any overheating problems here?

5. do i need to bi-wire anything?  any link re: bi-wiring?

6. im curious as havnt seen anyone ask this, are the DTX towers laminated wood
 or real wood? if real, then, is it possible to make them into black finish? ;)
(will this ruin the lifetime warranty)

7. these towers dont have anything underneath, what did you guys attach there
 so that it wont get damaged or "gasgas"?

thanks in adanvce  ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2005 at 06:00 PM by egzbuen »

Offline lmerb

• Collector
  • Wazzup!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1294 on: Sep 10, 2005 at 06:12 PM »
Pre,

San mo nabili yan? san shop? I'm also planning to buy euros na bookshelf.
How much score mo?

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1295 on: Sep 12, 2005 at 12:55 PM »
Greetings to all ;D

I have jst arrived from Raon and bought myself the following:

1 pc. DTX Center
2 pairs of DTX Towers ( for front and rear)
AV-387a

i already have an active subwoofer.

i bought DTX towers for rears since there are no more available DTX bookshelves and
the euros bookshelves were priced as much as the DTX towers, plus, the color
combination would be diferent and wouldnt want to spend more money for stands
(hope i did the rith thing here) ;D

1. any tips on setting up this stuff? ive read the sakura and daichi threads and would
want to get more advise from those who have the same setups. (newbie here) ;D

2. how do you guys "tweak" your speaekrs/set up?

3. how long do you usually break in your speaklers before you get optimal sound?

4. any overheating problems here?

5. do i need to bi-wire anything?  any link re: bi-wiring?

6. im curious as havnt seen anyone ask this, are the DTX towers laminated wood
 or real wood? if real, then, is it possible to make them into black finish? ;)
(will this ruin the lifetime warranty)

7. these towers dont have anything underneath, what did you guys attach there
 so that it wont get damaged or "gasgas"?

thanks in adanvce  ;D

Hey bro,

Here are some answers to some of your questions:

The DTX 9.5 Speaker systems are biwireable. It's best to take advantage of this feature. Surf na lang the web regarding biwiring. I have an article regarding biwiring and I can send it to you by email.

The DTX 9.5 system is not made of real wood. You can change the color of the box by purchasing wood simulated vinyl stickers na marami sa Raon. It's sold by meter with a 48" width at around 150 pesos. You can use this to cover the existing one without the need remove the old one. This won't void your warranty.

I used to like speakers that didn't have any footing but found out that it was necessary not just to protect the bottom of the speaker but also to isolate the speaker system from the floor.

Hope I helped.  ;D
Making the most of what I've got

Offline egzbuen

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1296 on: Sep 17, 2005 at 10:07 PM »
thanks dude. helped me a lot. i might just stick it out with its original color  ;D

so far so good. just have few more questions re: my setup.

1. what specific buttons/ modes do i have to choose whne playing MP3s? i ask becuase when i do play them, only the two front towers work.

2. everytime i turn on my amp, it defaults to tuner in 38 volume, how do i change it, better yet, how do i make it to turn on default on dvd or aux?

thanks and im really happy with my set-up. 

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1297 on: Sep 19, 2005 at 09:54 AM »
thats also my experience, when i turn the avr off then turn it on the volume is at -58 db, together with the center volume to -60...

what can i do to make it the same settings before a turned it off?

pls advise

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1298 on: Sep 19, 2005 at 11:16 AM »
Bro egzbuen,

Playing 2 channel sources, like vcds, mp3s, or audio cds, would require you to utilize prologic processing of the amp. Attach a pair of rca cables to the main left and right out of your dvd player, if it doesn't have that, you're gonna have to use a splitter, but I'm assuming it does, to any other 2 ch input of your amp, say VCD or AUX, then you'd have to set the amp to that input whenever you're listening to 2 ch sources.

As far as my experience goes, the volume level is always at a particular level when it is turned on, in the case of my AV1600, at 18 dB. This is to protect the amp and the speaker systems. But with regards sa input settings, my AV1600 retains the last input setting and other channel level settings. Let's ask other AV387 owners. If ang sa kanila ganyan din, then that means walang memory ang AV387, but if ang sa kanila na reretain ang previous settings, then there must be something wrong with yours.

Sakura AV387 owners? Help here please?  ;D

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1299 on: Sep 19, 2005 at 11:24 AM »
sir arthur,

in particular sa volume settings lang naman hehe

pero ch setting, mode setting, tuner setting yup pareho lang (same as bago patayin) --- siguro may memory ung avr 387, kaso sa volume lang bumabalik sa minimum...

ung may 387 dyan, pareho ba tau? hehe

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #1300 on: Sep 19, 2005 at 12:27 PM »
I think this is safety feature.  Defaulting to low volume when first turned ON protects the amps and speakers from sudden current surges if the volume is accidently turned up when in the OFF position. 

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1301 on: Sep 19, 2005 at 12:36 PM »
Bro leomar,

Well, that's the same thing with me, everything is retain except the volume level. I think the real purpose of this is to protect both the amp and speaker. So don't worry about it, besides you can use the remote.  ;D

Offline jsllobrera

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1302 on: Sep 19, 2005 at 01:25 PM »
Ang mga Euros speaker ba  ay pwede ba sya sa 8ohms  reciever? Thanks

Offline lordfranz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1303 on: Sep 19, 2005 at 04:07 PM »
Good day, suggestions or comments nman po sana dito.. Newbie lng po.. I want to setup an HT using the ff:

OKYO TX-DS484 AV receiver:
1) 100w/ch to each of the 5 channels into 6ohms,20 Hz-100 kHz (+1 dB, -3 dB), EIAJ
2) 6 ohms high-current, low-impedance drive for all 5 channels
3) DTS and DOlby Digital decoder onboard
4) 96-kHz/24-BIT DAC
5) 5.1 multichannel inputs

I2 pa lng receiver ang meron ako tsala 2 satellite speakers from my old sony compo..

Eto mga plano kong bilhin:
Pioneer DV-373 (player)
DTX 9.5T (front)
DTX 9.5C or euros 8 (center)
US Audio 508  or Euros8 (sub) <- which one is better po?

Any comments and suggestions po ay welcome.. Thanks in advance.. Para d ako mgkamali b4 bumili.. Xempre, super kinoconsider ko po budget.. SO malapit jan sana.. thanks and GOD bless!!! mabuhay ang PDVD!!
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2005 at 04:09 PM by lordfranz »
Every problem is an oppurtunity in disguise..

Offline food

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1304 on: Sep 19, 2005 at 09:01 PM »
^^ pre, bumili ka na lang ng the same speaker model. para at least balanse lahat ang tunog IMO. :)

Sa sub naman, mas ok saken yung Euros 8. Although okay din yung 508. Try auditioning those stuff sa Megamall. kaso di pa fully set yung Dai Ichi sa Megamall kasi nag renovate sila. Na compare ko din yung 508 sa Euros 6. Fanget yung response ng euros 6. :P Mas buo ap tumunog yung 508.

Offline lordfranz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1305 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 10:45 AM »
@ food.. Tnx pre.. Big help ung mga comments nyo... So same Dtx na lng front at center ko.. Sa Sub, un nga eh, d ko ma-audition ung euros8 nila.. pero ung 508, ok... ang layo sa euros6.. hehe.. tnx!!!  Eh ung combination sa receiver ko? ok lng po ba?

Offline kt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1306 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 10:52 AM »
bro lordfranz! wat setup wud u be building ba? is it more on music or movies?

Offline lordfranz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1307 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 11:14 AM »
bro kt, mas marami gamit ko nun sa music.. pero kung my difference, priority ko movies.. d nman ako sensitive sa music... tnx!

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1308 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 11:38 AM »
bro lord! kasi they say na "wats good in music, is good for ht"...but not neccesarily the other way around... well if youre more into movies then i suggest that u get those bandpass designed subs like the euros8, dtx5.8, or us audio coz those designs wud really give u the BOOM sa movies. for me kasi mas accurate naman yung front firing subs n mas buo sa music...well thats me...try to audition all those n see wat u  like  ;D try ka lang ng try....well if masungit yung nasa store...sori nalng sila wag ka dun bumili...malas nalang nila at bibili ka naman! hehe :D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1309 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 11:45 AM »
I'd still suggest getting a front firing sub. I'd rather sacrifice punch than accuracy. But that's just me.  ;D

Audition ka sa Raon, they've always been mabait to me. Look for Marisse.  ;D

For budget considerations, the DTX 9.5 system is the best bang for the buck. ;D Just me though.

Offline lordfranz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1310 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 11:59 AM »
Thanks mga kuya! hehe.. Ask ko lng po..  So between UD 508 and euros 8 eh euros 8 na lng.. pero best ang dtx 4.1 or 4.12? ok po.. About sa center ko nman po.. 100 W po kc ung dtx then 150 ung euros8. Pero P100 lng po diperenxa sa price.. Kya naicp ko na euros 8 na lng.. same manufacturer dn nman po.. Ano po sa tingin nyo? Ung receiver ko po, ok lng po ba with these speakers? Compatible po ba?? Kaya po ba? tnx po.. bka bili na po ako mamaya eh... cguro hnd ko na muna bibilhin mamaya ung sub.. pg-iicpan ko pa.. hehe.. 

Bro arthur, what do you meant by accuracy po ba? accuracy to what? tnx..

PS: Bkit ayaw ng mga tao sa thread ko??  :'( :'( :'( Same questions posts din nilagay ko dun at dito.. hehe.. cge na nga, d2 na lng.. hihi..

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1311 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 12:48 PM »
im using the dtx4.10...well b4 i was choosing among the other brands that i mentioned earlier n i ended up with the 4.10. for me mas tama yung sipa ng bass nya n mas buo. unlike sa bandpass medyo gumagapang na pero malakas but not that accurate IMHO....better if u listen to it bro lord! theres also the dynaquest...havnt tried it though...

Offline lordfranz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1312 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 12:53 PM »
owkie... Marami pa akong time para mg-icp sa SUB, front and center speakers na lng muna bibilhin ko mamaya.. Thanks!

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1313 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 01:23 PM »
bro lord cge gluk! balitaan mo nalng kmi sa choice mo ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1314 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 02:09 PM »
Thanks mga kuya! hehe.. Ask ko lng po..  So between UD 508 and euros 8 eh euros 8 na lng.. pero best ang dtx 4.1 or 4.12? ok po.. About sa center ko nman po.. 100 W po kc ung dtx then 150 ung euros8. Pero P100 lng po diperenxa sa price.. Kya naicp ko na euros 8 na lng.. same manufacturer dn nman po.. Ano po sa tingin nyo? Ung receiver ko po, ok lng po ba with these speakers? Compatible po ba?? Kaya po ba? tnx po.. bka bili na po ako mamaya eh... cguro hnd ko na muna bibilhin mamaya ung sub.. pg-iicpan ko pa.. hehe.. 

Bro arthur, what do you meant by accuracy po ba? accuracy to what? tnx..

PS: Bkit ayaw ng mga tao sa thread ko??  :'( :'( :'( Same questions posts din nilagay ko dun at dito.. hehe.. cge na nga, d2 na lng.. hihi..

The reason why I suggested the DTX 4.12 or 4.10 is because it's the only front firing sub that I know of from Daiichi. I'd still suggest you get a center speaker that's the same with your other speakers even if they came from the same manufacturer. Timbre matching is very important. I have both the entire DTX 9.5 system and the entire Euros 8 system and  I'm telling you, the two centers have different characteristics. The Euros 8 center is a bass reflex/ported system while the DTX 9.5 center is an acoustic suspension/sealed system. That alone is a big difference. So it's best to get identical speakers.

With ACCURACY, I mean accurate bass signal reproduction. When a certain frequency signal is sent to the sub, say 40 Hz, the sub should reproduce 40 hz. On the assumption that everything else is equal, drivers, amps, etc., but the enclosure, the most accurate is a sealed system, but this requires a higher powered amp, the next would be a ported system, but this design may can easily overdrive the speaker and burn it. The most powerful design is a bandpass system, since it takes advantage of moving air from both the front and rear of the driver cone, moving more air, making it louder. At the expense of accuracy since the driver is inside the enclosure, bass reproduction is, in a way, muffled by the enclosure. It tends to emphasize the resonant frequency of the enclosure. So if, let's say, you're sub is supposed to reproduce 40 Hz, the enclosure makes it sound more like 50 hz if the resonant freq. of the enclosure is 50 Hz. Let me send you a topic about this in your email together with the other one you asked me for.  ;)

P.S.: Baka siguro this pertains more on Daiichi speakers, that's why... ;D

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1315 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 02:37 PM »
ayan bro lord! tama si bro art sa mga yan! sya din tumulong sa choices ko b4 eh! pero sympre the final choice is up to u parin kaya its best if u actually listen to your choices. better din if u bring your own cds for demo...say for music n movies. though they have din there yung demo disc. but better if u know wat ur listening to dba?

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1316 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 02:59 PM »
bro kt, mas marami gamit ko nun sa music.. pero kung my difference, priority ko movies.. d nman ako sensitive sa music... tnx!

When I started this hobby a year ago, I said the same thing, my priority was movies. My declared movie to music ratio was 80/20 or even 90/10. But its a tendency to slowly switch to music since you have the gears already. Now I listen to music a lot, its about 50/50 now.

I also met a lot of fellow members during a speaker shootout last month. They all started on the HT path. And slowly shifted to audio. Now most of them have sold their HT gears in favor of audio cuz they havent been using their HT anymore.

When I asked why, I coudlnt forget what punk_kid said:
"Sa HT after isang panood mo sa DVD, itatabi mo na, pero sa audio, kahit ilang ulit mo pakinggan, masarap pa rin."

I agree.. :)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1317 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 03:13 PM »
I am sort of in that path too. But I plan to have a separate audio set up someday since I've been appreciating my CD collection more often recently because of all the rare cds I got from ebay. Mostly jazz cds. But I think I will always have my HT since I just love movies, and my entire family too. Besides, my inclination for listening to my cds is more on honing my skills as a musician. So that's why.  ;D

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #1318 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 03:52 PM »
bro lordfranz, buy na the front and center speakers  ;) value for money  i think you will still be ahead even if you decide that you are more into music than HT  :D

as for me most of my music time sa car ko na spend and kapag nasa house ako purely HT ako  ;D

OT Bro Art, I like listening to jazz music also (Noel Pointer, Chuck M., Dave Grusin, J. K. Neptune etc) kaya lang have not tried purchasing rare CD's thru the net  :)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1319 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 09:57 AM »
OT: I still believe that the best route for any system is to go separates. A separate HT system and a separate Audio system. Why did we decide to go separates for HT anyway if we prefer integrateds? I have nothing against HTIBs or integrated mini components, which is already grammatically wrong since you cannot call yung mga mini components, components, since everything is all in one enclosure. If we be strict about it, we can only call a certain system 'component system' if it is composed of components. But back in point, my personal reason for going separates is because I think I'd get better quality, better reproduction, better choices, and of course, practical for upgrades and convenient for repairs in the sense that you only need to bring the defective unit in for repairs or replacement, and not the whole system.

OT, too: Hey bro, I like Nelson Rangell, David Sanborn, Gerald Albright and Eric Marienthal (notice those are all sax players, since I play the sax, too.), David Benoit, The Rippingtons, Michael McDonald, Anita Baker. I like R & B, too. Brian McKnight, Boyz II Men, Babyface, etc. Try ebay bro, I usually get my CDs for cents lang, but there's the shipping that has to be considered, parang bumili ka rin lang ng cd dito, but those cds di mo makikita sa Pinas. ;D