Author Topic: Audio Nirvana Fullrange Speakers - Fair Price, High End SQ  (Read 645392 times)

Offline dts_hdma

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • DVD Addict
  • 2 x 18 > 16 > 13
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Audio Nirvana Fullrange Speakers - Good Price, High End SQ
« Reply #570 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 06:39 AM »
Don't thank me.  Thank yourself for having the guts to try it.  Update us on your experiment from time to time. Try mo din suggestion namin.  Di b boomy ang bass mo sa dami ng foam mo? Para bang live tumunog? I am happy for you.  Thank yourself. Most of all thank our creator for letting you experience AN.  Truly, kahit hi end speakers na may xover na malupit kaya sabayan niyan if properly tune.

Amen sir,Boomy? tama lang for me, di naman sa parang naka subwoofer na yanig yung kisame. Parang live? Live na live! Pero syempre sa audio, kanya kanyang preference nga at madalas love your own.  ;D

Balik tayo sa foam. Have you seen, know, or used fiber fill before? Pag foam kasi, (I've seen the egg crate foam sa mandaue and uratex) Pag humiga ka, alam mong may foam. Pag fiber fill, sa 2" na kapal para ka pa ding nasa semento nakahiga.  ;D Magulo lang kasi yung pagkakalagay ko sa pagmamadali na marinig ko kagad, excited eh. Hiram pa ako ng tamang tacker para sa mdf. Ganito yung suggestion ni David pero using fiberglass insulation naman, ganyan dapat yung gagawin ko sakin pero fiber fill nga. Sa kanya galing yang pic:

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #571 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 08:16 AM »
The reason for the fiber fill or rock wool, rubber foam egg crate of uratex is to deaden the cabinet to avoid echo inside the cabinet in order to reproduce more accurate soundstage of the music when it was recorded.  Too much foam or beyond 2" can affect the sq.  The advantage of fullrange is that it can reproduce a more accurate soundstage, it can percieve the actual sound when the music was recorded.  If it is live in concert hall, the sq will put you in a concert hall soundstage.

Since you are selling speakers like AN, we have to stick to the manufacturer's description of sound quality of Audio Nirvana.  The cudtomer must hear the selling points of the manufacturer.  Because we are in selling.  We have to follow standards of AN's sound quality. Kasi nga mas safe kung di ka lalayo sa recommendation ni David.  We must give the right justice for Audio Nirvana. 

If my design for AN is not properly balance from High, mids and low, the soundstage will not be wide and deep.  I would suggest you buy "The Ultimate Demonstration Discs- Chesky Records'  Guide to Critical Listening and   XLO Reference Recordings Test and Burn CD from Watt Hifi MCS." Those cds were the ones that taught me how to properly tune/tweak to get the right SQ.  I am suggesting this because you are selling AN.  Audio Nirvana Fullrange speaakers are commonly catered to people with sensitive ears or maarteng tenga.....continue reading in my PM.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2013 at 08:53 AM by monreq »
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #572 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 09:01 AM »
nice bro.....hope mareview mo na agad kung may epek or wala....darating yung topping mamayang gabi, pero weds ko na makukuha....ung dared, sa sing pa pala un bro.....baka mapamahal pa ung price nya...pagipunan ko na muna.
Try to buy Valab DAC Luxury edition and use it with Topping TP 10 or 22.  Kasi nailalabas ng valab lupit ng speakers at amp. I tested that already.  Fresh from the box ok na.  after 24 hours na babaran mas mdlupit.  That NOS Dac is a must buy. Kahit di mo muna tweal ng silver oil mcap ang output caps ok na siya. Npka analog, lupit ng details at gapang ng bass. Esp. 3D soundstage na npka natural.

Lahat ng mahilig sa critical listening naka external dac, at amp na walang tone controls. Alm ko na kung bakit after I heard that Valab DaC.  Kung maarte ka masyado pwede na TeraDak Chameleon like kay Sidny.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2013 at 09:12 AM by monreq »
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline dts_hdma

• DVD Addict
  • 2 x 18 > 16 > 13
  • Liked:
« Reply #573 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 01:01 PM »
The reason for the fiber fill or rock wool, rubber foam egg crate of uratex is to deaden the cabinet to avoid echo inside the cabinet in order to reproduce more accurate soundstage of the music when it was recorded.  Too much foam or beyond 2" can affect the sq.  The advantage of fullrange is that it can reproduce a more accurate soundstage, it can percieve the actual sound when the music was recorded.  If it is live in concert hall, the sq will put you in a concert hall soundstage.

Since you are selling speakers like AN, we have to stick to the manufacturer's description of sound quality of Audio Nirvana.  The cudtomer must hear the selling points of the manufacturer.  Because we are in selling.  We have to follow standards of AN's sound quality. Kasi nga mas safe kung di ka lalayo sa recommendation ni David.  We must give the right justice for Audio Nirvana. 

If my design for AN is not properly balance from High, mids and low, the soundstage will not be wide and deep.  I would suggest you buy "The Ultimate Demonstration Discs- Chesky Records'  Guide to Critical Listening and   XLO Reference Recordings Test and Burn CD from Watt Hifi MCS." Those cds were the ones that taught me how to properly tune/tweak to get the right SQ.  I am suggesting this because you are selling AN.  Audio Nirvana Fullrange speaakers are commonly catered to people with sensitive ears or maarteng tenga.....continue reading in my PM.

It is called damping material. Deadening is just like Dynamat, yung may parang foil. Deadening is popular in car audio to deaden the car doors to lessen yung mga rattle and noises outside.

Replied to your PM.  ;)

Thanks for the tips, I just want to conduct my own experiment. Okay pa ako sa tunog ng makapal na fiber fill, eh di pag nagsawa saka ko bawasan to follow the standard 2" thickness. Pero yung standard nga eh to use fiberglass insulation as David suggested. Dun palang mali na tayo lahat.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2013 at 01:03 PM by dts_hdma »

Offline defcon3

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #574 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 01:22 PM »
Try to buy Valab DAC Luxury edition and use it with Topping TP 10 or 22.  Kasi nailalabas ng valab lupit ng speakers at amp. I tested that already.  Fresh from the box ok na.  after 24 hours na babaran mas mdlupit.  That NOS Dac is a must buy. Kahit di mo muna tweal ng silver oil mcap ang output caps ok na siya. Npka analog, lupit ng details at gapang ng bass. Esp. 3D soundstage na npka natural.

Lahat ng mahilig sa critical listening naka external dac, at amp na walang tone controls. Alm ko na kung bakit after I heard that Valab DaC.  Kung maarte ka masyado pwede na TeraDak Chameleon like kay Sidny.

I dont need this bro mon, enough na yung DAC ng cd player :)

Pero yung standard nga eh to use fiberglass insulation as David suggested. Dun palang mali na tayo lahat.  ;D

Mine is fiber fill. ;) O0
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2013 at 01:26 PM by defcon3 »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #575 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 05:21 PM »
David doesn't know the egg crate rubber foam of uratex similar to the foam use in audio recording studio.  Pero yung mga cd tester naging guide ko para walang walang bias sa preference ng listener.
So far, i never experience weak bass. Balance lang siya over all after break in period.

Yung Valab DAC option lang yon kung inferior ang dac sa cd natin. Pag ok naman, don't bother.

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #576 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 05:24 PM »
@defcon: nakuha ko na copper foil. Naka hiram din ako ng new set design ni edrel. Maya na lang feedback.

Offline defcon3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #577 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 05:44 PM »
@defcon: nakuha ko na copper foil. Naka hiram din ako ng new set design ni edrel. Maya na lang feedback.

Ayus! Exciting!

Offline edrel sison

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #578 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 07:06 PM »
mon the amp was made by stick (aka james). he designed the pcb and tweaked to what it is today. however i designed all the irons and was the initiator of this project. we want it cheap and designed only for smallish rooms. simple, we want it that.

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #579 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 07:12 PM »
Ayus! Exciting!
Using the set 6bm8 set proto type tube of edrel -james (EJ and co. set tube amp)and copper foil tape about 1/4 " width too narrow compared to speaker copper foil gave me a very balance sq, tight bass and superb soundstage, depth and details. Take note we just use copper foil tape.

Audio nirvana feeling n tlga! Iba tlga copper foil. Ang linis at npka natural. Walang talim o harshness. Mas tunog tubo lalo pg ito gamit mo.  My ref.cd ella - louis duet.

Highly recommendes copper foil!!!
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2013 at 07:53 PM by monreq »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #580 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 07:17 PM »
mon the amp was made by stick (aka james). he designed the pcb and tweaked to what it is today. however i designed all the irons and was the initiator of this project. we want it cheap and designed only for smallish rooms. simple, we want it that.
Thanks James...edrel.  Your teamwork is excellent.  Puede mo na career copper foil speaker wire and tube amp 6bm8... Lower wattage than el84 about 1.6 w i think...pero parang nka el84 ako. Galing ng hf ext.and mababa ang bass...mid is almost same with el84.  Pang 98db lang nga sensitivity.

Offline dts_hdma

• DVD Addict
  • 2 x 18 > 16 > 13
  • Liked:
« Reply #581 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 07:19 PM »
Lima lang tayo nagtatagisan dito... Daming inquiries, madadagdagan kaya tayong nagpopost dito? To help increase our numbers, how about 10k for a pair of AN Super 8 Steel Frame. Just post your reservations here.  ;D No PDVD rules. This is not the market place!  >:D Regarding the enclosure, source out na lang kayo sa iba. I can't offer it due to busy sched.

Madaming what if sa audio journey, pero tayo dito madami ng nacancel out. Iikot na lang tayo sa pagpapaganda ng AN or upgrade sa higher model. What if alnico? 10"? 12"? 15"?

In my case I am just enjoying the music and not make it complicated by thinking too much about foams and wires. I am more particular sa room acoustics which I will apply for my HT/audio room. My last final upgrade siguro is AN tube amp. Pramis! ;)  ;D

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #582 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 07:24 PM »
But if you have a small room, this 6bm8 is enough to enjoy all music genre. Ganda details. Kindly pm stick or edrel for other inquiries.

Offline dts_hdma

• DVD Addict
  • 2 x 18 > 16 > 13
  • Liked:
« Reply #583 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 07:27 PM »
Thanks James...edrel.  Your teamwork is excellent.  Puede mo na career copper foil speaker wire and tube amp 6bm8... Lower wattage than el84 about 1.6 w i think...pero parang nka el84 ako. Galing ng hf ext.and mababa ang bass...mid is almost same with el84.  Pang 98db lang nga sensitivity.

Pinost ko pa din yung nasa taas kahit may warning yung pdvd na may nagpost daw.  ;D

Madadagdagan kaya tayo?  ;) Meron ka na palang copper foil, naka order na ako last week.  ::) Baka akala tuloy ng mga nakakabasa dito, di daw particular sa wire eh nagbebenta naman ng QED at Canare, then gusto gumamit ng copper foil.  >:D Eh gusto ko eh! haha!
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2013 at 07:28 PM by dts_hdma »

Offline Tsnad

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #584 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 07:31 PM »
Ala pa kasi budget pang AN.... :-X eto nag experiment ng alnico at coaxial sir Mon lapit na matapos yung small project  ko, post ko pag ok na >:D

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #585 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 07:41 PM »
Lima lang tayo nagtatagisan dito... Daming inquiries, madadagdagan kaya tayong nagpopost dito? To help increase our numbers, how about 10k for a pair of AN Super 8 Steel Frame. Just post your reservations here.  ;D No PDVD rules. This is not the market place!  >:D Regarding the enclosure, source out na lang kayo sa iba. I can't offer it due to busy sched.

Madaming what if sa audio journey, pero tayo dito madami ng nacancel out. Iikot na lang tayo sa pagpapaganda ng AN or upgrade sa higher model. What if alnico? 10"? 12"? 15"?

In my case I am just enjoying the music and not make it complicated by thinking too much about foams and wires. I am more particular sa room acoustics which I will apply for my HT/audio room. My last final upgrade siguro is AN tube amp. Pramis! ;)  ;D
Madami lang kasi di pa nakakarinig ng audio nirvana. Di ksi sya tlga pang everbody. Pang maarte lang na tenga.  Sa thread namn di paramihan ng group. Ang objective lang natin mag share ng ideas and experiences sa audio hobby. Para maiwasan ang paggastos ng mas mahal na audio gears.  It is very good to have a set up that sounds like 100k+ but in reality less than 100k lang.

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #586 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 07:46 PM »
Ala pa kasi budget pang AN.... :-X eto nag experiment ng alnico at coaxial sir Mon lapit na matapos yung small project  ko, post ko pag ok na >:D
No problem. Makakaipon ka din. Basta ok na sa tenga mo at live sounding siya...or can percieve the sq as per cd recording  ok yan. Post mo para makita ng ibA.

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #587 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 07:51 PM »
Ganun pala copper foil at 6bm8 set tandem.AkAla mo mahina lang tunog pero dahil s sobrang linis lang kasi at napaka live sounding pairing it with audio nirvana. Gapang ang cleAn bass sa bajo de arko sa Ella - louis duet" Fine Romance" song.

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #588 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 08:06 PM »
Once you have an AN in proper cabinet and acceso.the only upgRade you will do is amp and source. The reason why lots of AN users do not standby much in pinoydvd...they are enjoying their set up. Ako naman pasilip silip lang. Kawawa naman kasi pag may nagtatanung tapos
Di natin sasagutin. Ibang tao wala lang kasi idea. We have to help them and share some insights to develop their listening preference like those true audiophile people.  We learn from everybody and not by one person alone.

Basta ako audiophile wanna be lang. ;D

Offline defcon3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #589 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 08:44 PM »
Using the set 6bm8 set proto type tube of edrel -james (EJ and co. set tube amp)and copper foil tape about 1/4 " width too narrow compared to speaker copper foil gave me a very balance sq, tight bass and superb soundstage, depth and details. Take note we just use copper foil tape.

Audio nirvana feeling n tlga! Iba tlga copper foil. Ang linis at npka natural. Walang talim o harshness. Mas tunog tubo lalo pg ito gamit mo.  My ref.cd ella - louis duet.

Highly recommendes copper foil!!!

This the reason why when i first read the article from that guy,i shared it immidiately.

Makahanap na nga agad ng copper foil same specs

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #590 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 09:53 PM »
This the reason why when i first read the article from that guy,i shared it immidiately.

Makahanap na nga agad ng copper foil same specs
Mag gauge 13 or 14 ka lang. Wag mababa. Btw,  PM mo si Edrel sa EL84. Gumagawa siya ng design ng almarro.. Set - pentode...5w. Malupit yon bro. Mura pa. Kaya niya AN natin kahit orchestra sa lupit ng tranny. Gamit ko nga lang 1.6w set... Nung nag init ang lakas at na occupy niya 30 sqmts.floor area 10ft ceiling. After 1 hour nagpakitang gilas na.

Offline Tsnad

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #591 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM »
Sir, para san yung copper foil sorry noob pa lang kasi... well my coax speaker are making statements ha so far so good palitan ko yung foam this week ng mas maganda kasi yung nagamit ko ay di uratex di ako satisfied, but anyway will post pics bukas....

Offline defcon3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #592 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM »
Sir, para san yung copper foil sorry noob pa lang kasi... well my coax speaker are making statements ha so far so good palitan ko yung foam this week ng mas maganda kasi yung nagamit ko ay di uratex di ako satisfied, but anyway will post pics bukas....

Ey bro. Di ako sir,pero sagutin ko query mo.hihihi

Used as speaker cable yung copper foil bro. Already confirmed and attest by bro mon na may pinagbago sa sq  ng an when he used them.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2013 at 04:41 AM by defcon3 »

Offline defcon3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline edwin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
« Reply #594 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM »

Bro Mon, saan mo napakinggan iyong Valab? :)
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline defcon3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #595 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM »
Mag gauge 13 or 14 ka lang. Wag mababa. Btw,  PM mo si Edrel sa EL84. Gumagawa siya ng design ng almarro.. Set - pentode...5w. Malupit yon bro. Mura pa. Kaya niya AN natin kahit orchestra sa lupit ng tranny. Gamit ko nga lang 1.6w set... Nung nag init ang lakas at na occupy niya 30 sqmts.floor area 10ft ceiling. After 1 hour nagpakitang gilas na.

Pagipunan ko muna bro yung kay sir edrel. Kakahiya,wala pa ako pondo. Pag handa na, pm ko agad sya. Will let you know

Offline fishda

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #596 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 03:15 AM »
very interested in converting my yamaha fs to these. how much should be my budget to complete this?:) you guys know of anyone who can do the wood work and installation?:)

thanks.

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #597 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 05:16 AM »
Bro Mon, saan mo napakinggan iyong Valab? :)
Bro may barkada ako nkabili di taga pinoydvd. Mganda siya kahit t amp lang gamit.  Nka AN lang.

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #598 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 05:19 AM »
very interested in converting my yamaha fs to these. how much should be my budget to complete this?:) you guys know of anyone who can do the wood work and installation?:)

thanks.
Depende sa gumagawa ng furniture bro. Yung mga mgaling sa finishing.  Yung front lang namn papabago mo di ba?  Bigay mo sa akin dimension ng front mo para alam mo sasanihin sa gagawa. Mga 2,500 lang siguro. Paki post na din picture ng speaker box.

Call me 09228722753
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2013 at 05:20 AM by monreq »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #599 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 05:28 AM »
Pinost ko pa din yung nasa taas kahit may warning yung pdvd na may nagpost daw.  ;D

Madadagdagan kaya tayo?  ;) Meron ka na palang copper foil, naka order na ako last week.  ::) Baka akala tuloy ng mga nakakabasa dito, di daw particular sa wire eh nagbebenta naman ng QED at Canare, then gusto gumamit ng copper foil.  >:D Eh gusto ko eh! haha!
Experiment lang copper foil ni edrel. Di tlga siya gumagawa. Yung gagawin pambenta...maraming matutulungam yan. Basta kunin mo gauge 14 or 13 lang or din 16.

Gudluck bro.