Author Topic: PANNY 42VT30  (Read 135302 times)

Offline seventhheaven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PANNY 42VT30
« Reply #300 on: Oct 06, 2012 at 05:05 PM »
watched pirates world end.  dont know what exactly what to look for so it looked normal to me. 
ano ba dapat ang makikita ulit?  ???

yung crab scene bro. Since halos white yung color ng scene environment supposedly may green (at may pink pa yata) na stain na visible sa white. wala rin akong nakita except white eh.

since wala akong Castlevania LOS, i've downloaded the 720p vid of the heroe's fight with the Ice Titan from this youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds2qt1fBTw4

all white pa rin nakita ko sa boss fight na yan.

Hopefully walang problema na lumabas sa future coz as of now, wala akong issues sa unit ko.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #301 on: Oct 07, 2012 at 05:26 AM »
yung crab scene bro. Since halos white yung color ng scene environment supposedly may green (at may pink pa yata) na stain na visible sa white. wala rin akong nakita except white eh.

since wala akong Castlevania LOS, i've downloaded the 720p vid of the heroe's fight with the Ice Titan from this youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds2qt1fBTw4

all white pa rin nakita ko sa boss fight na yan.

Hopefully walang problema na lumabas sa future coz as of now, wala akong issues sa unit ko.
check ko ito later, atleast dito sa video na nakita ko re:Castlevania may obvious na green thingy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_jhxCQI42U - castle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmyhnYz7e5o&feature=relmfu - dont know vid, pero obvious
ninjababez online ..

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: Oct 07, 2012 at 05:41 AM »
meron nga green ... green life bar!    >:D >:D
ninjababez online ..

Offline seventhheaven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: Oct 07, 2012 at 07:19 AM »
meron nga green ... green life bar!    >:D >:D

ayos!  >:D

Offline Randy1981

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: Oct 07, 2012 at 12:03 PM »
Don't see anything with my vt30.. :) :)

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #305 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 10:46 AM »
 Our Boss is getting a VT50 65 incher....for 239T,,,in house warranty thru LIS...is that a good deal? thanks :)

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 04:18 PM »
Our Boss is getting a VT50 65 incher....for 239T,,,in house warranty thru LIS...is that a good deal? thanks :)

Yes, it's a good deal.

65VT50 launch price in Singapore was S$6,499, or P219,200. 

Remember that it's hard to sell because it's too high-end.  Because of that, no regular retailer bothers carrying it in its inventory.  So if a retailer like LiS goes out of its way to give a niche market this service, then it's only right that LiS should be rewarded by its customer with a generous mark-up. 

On that premise, I'd say even P290K would still be a fair price.  So the LiS price of P239K is good.
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2012 at 08:00 PM by barrister »

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #307 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 06:41 PM »
Well, i think it's a coin toss for me if I'd take this unit back to the shop...

I'm eyeing the 50GT50 I need to get myself a new fix :-\

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 02:15 AM »
Well, i think it's a coin toss for me if I'd take this unit back to the shop...

I'm eyeing the 50GT50 I need to get myself a new fix :-\
no plans of testing another VT30 bro?
ninjababez online ..

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 02:54 PM »
no plans of testing another VT30 bro?

Di na brader I know it will still be there but that said my partners and I still agree that the VT30 is the best for movies of all the tvs we've tested this year.

Maganda naman talaga if you can bypass the blob you have a winner here.

Offline kane

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #310 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 08:01 PM »
Any tips sir on how to test for the green blob? Can I do it sa shop palang when purchasing? Planning to get a 42st30.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 09:37 PM »
Check blobs using plain color slides.  If you don't have slides, try downloading the free ones.

One is the plasma break in DVD from Evangelos:

http://www.eaprogramming.com/downloads/download_main.htm

The other is the AVSHD790 calibration disc from avsforum:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration

I recommend the AVSHD790 because it alows you to choose different shades of color.  Try a 70% to  80% gray.  Also try white.

Copy the slides on a USB flash.  May MP4 version yan.  Take it to the store, then play it on the TV's USB-in port.  Pag OK sa iyo yung TV, buy it.

« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2012 at 09:39 PM by barrister »

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #312 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM »
VT50 65 coming today for video editing use.....got a better deal from DOM ofcors :)

Offline kane

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #313 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 01:46 PM »
Check blobs using plain color slides.  If you don't have slides, try downloading the free ones.

One is the plasma break in DVD from Evangelos:

http://www.eaprogramming.com/downloads/download_main.htm

The other is the AVSHD790 calibration disc from avsforum:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration

I recommend the AVSHD790 because it alows you to choose different shades of color.  Try a 70% to  80% gray.  Also try white.

Copy the slides on a USB flash.  May MP4 version yan.  Take it to the store, then play it on the TV's USB-in port.  Pag OK sa iyo yung TV, buy it.

Thanks sir. Yung blobs ba, will you see it out of the box palang, or does it develop overtime with usage?

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 02:10 PM »
Thanks sir. Yung blobs ba, will you see it out of the box palang, or does it develop overtime with usage?

Yes, it's visible out of the box.  Most have it, some don't; some only have a very slight green blob.

Some green blobs fade over time.  But for others, a pink shade slowly appears on the sides as the green blob fades.

(From avsforum): This is supposed to be a plain light gray slide.

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2012 at 03:23 PM by barrister »

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM »
A quick "fix" though not a truly effective one (still had green blobs) was when we yanked our HDMI cable on the PS3 and used Component cables.

The output from our source was limited to 1080i for movies and 720p for games. The blob was still there but not as prominent. You guys may give this a try but like I said it wasn't effective..

Newer Ps3 models are said to limit blu-ray to 480p via component cables, our PS3 is a Japanese launch 60GB model.
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2012 at 12:52 AM by Carlo777 »

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 01:45 AM »
Got paranoid and just want to verify .. if you don't have, you won't have it in the future like after a year or so?  Sana maski 3 years lang until bumaba price ng 65"  ;D ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Oct 14, 2012 at 01:00 PM »
Got paranoid and just want to verify .. if you don't have, you won't have it in the future like after a year or so?  Sana maski 3 years lang until bumaba price ng 65"

There's no way to verify it with certainty, of course.  But based on what I've read on forums:

(a) If you don't have it when the TV is new, you won't have in the future either;
(b) If you have it when the TV is new, the green blob can fade over time; but the TV can also get a pink tint as the green fades.

Kaya wag mo nang isipin sir, kasi tatanda ka lang agad kakaisip...  :D

Basta ang isipin mo, meron ka nang magandang TV ngayong October, tamang-tamang broken-in na pagdating ng Christmas holidays ...  8)

« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2012 at 01:02 PM by barrister »

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: Oct 14, 2012 at 03:52 PM »

Kaya wag mo nang isipin sir, kasi tatanda ka lang agad kakaisip...  :D

Basta ang isipin mo, meron ka nang magandang TV ngayong October, tamang-tamang broken-in na pagdating ng Christmas holidays ...  8)
will do bro!  im just glad i stopped looking for flaws!  so far all the test passed, nakakatamad na at di na ako nag eenjoy, ilang beses ko nauulit ang scenes just to look for this green blob, green and pink tinge.  baka wala naman talaga at madisappoint lang ako kung meron  :D ;D
btw bro i already ran all whitewash for a little over 24 hours, should be enough for burning those pixels  ;D

last na ito .. parang di ako nagka-IR, o baka naman di ko lang nabusisi.  will update the thread kung meron.  in the mean time, avengers and nba2k13 muna ako  :D
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2012 at 03:54 PM by ninjababez® »
ninjababez online ..

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Oct 14, 2012 at 06:44 PM »
Bro, kalokohan na walang IR ang VT series.  hehehe. Pero kayang kaya burahin ng a few hours of pixel flipper or something similar.  Yung V2 ko, iniwan ko lang ng 2 hours on pixel flipper ng Disney Wow while napping - tanggal pati malalaking IR ng clocks and station IDs ng Japanese channels.

BTW, napanood mo na ang movie called Red Lights?  that's a good demo of plasma's awesome details under very dark scenes - too many very very dark scenes and the movie is pretty good as well.  Give it a try on your VT30.

will do bro!  im just glad i stopped looking for flaws!  so far all the test passed, nakakatamad na at di na ako nag eenjoy, ilang beses ko nauulit ang scenes just to look for this green blob, green and pink tinge.  baka wala naman talaga at madisappoint lang ako kung meron  :D ;D
btw bro i already ran all whitewash for a little over 24 hours, should be enough for burning those pixels  ;D

last na ito .. parang di ako nagka-IR, o baka naman di ko lang nabusisi.  will update the thread kung meron.  in the mean time, avengers and nba2k13 muna ako  :D
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2012 at 06:47 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Oct 14, 2012 at 07:51 PM »
Bro, kalokohan na walang IR ang VT series.  hehehe. Pero kayang kaya burahin ng a few hours of pixel flipper or something similar.  Yung V2 ko, iniwan ko lang ng 2 hours on pixel flipper ng Disney Wow while napping - tanggal pati malalaking IR ng clocks and station IDs ng Japanese channels.

BTW, napanood mo na ang movie called Red Lights?  that's a good demo of plasma's awesome details under very dark scenes - too many very very dark scenes and the movie is pretty good as well.  Give it a try on your VT30.

i know i know hahaha .. di ko lang siguro napapansin kasi iba ang hinahanap ko na flaw.  :D
will try red lights.  dami kong pending movies to watch, darn xbox kaadik.  going back to IR pala.  been playing most of the time (kaya natambak movies to watch), pero di ko talaga nakitaan ng hint of IR.  will look closely next time  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline Brel

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Oct 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM »
Mga sirs anong file format sa USB po nababasa ng Panasonic VT30? FAT32, exFAT, NTFS...?  Would like to perform a test on a unit I'm planning to purchase kasi and just want to make sure my USB Flash Drive will be recognized.

Offline cnn

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #322 on: Oct 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM »
Ninjababez... brother... sawakas... nakaabot din budget ko sa 42VT30.... ang ganda talaga ng PQ at True Black levels nya...  samples a few of my 1080p files ... gulat ako sa ganda ng full HD PQ ng PANA...

I remember my/our first plasma the LG32PC5r... buhay na buhay ang kulay... Now Im enjoying even better PQ with a bigger screen!!! Ayus talaga :D

Offline Brel

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Oct 28, 2012 at 08:51 PM »
Has this Calibration issue been fixed for the VT30?  Just read this from CNET's website and the report was incomplete.

"Our Custom calibration took a while and was hampered by poor menu design with excessive nesting and a need to back completely out of the menus frequently, but afterward our software and charts told us that the VT30's color was nearly perfect (see our Custom post-calibration chart here). Unfortunately, when we looked at actual program material, our eyes told us that colors were still inaccurate, with reddish skin tones and too much saturation throughout. We were mystified because the TV's colors measured extremely well (Delta errors of less than 3 across the board), but compared to other well-calibrated TVs in our lineup, we saw a different story that contradicted the charts. Rather than mess with Custom further to attempt to resolve the discrepancy, we settled on THX for our evaluation. We've contacted Panasonic seeking clarity on this issue and will update this review if we hear back."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20071241-1/panasonic-updates-vt30-plasma-tv-firmware/#!

Offline cnn

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #324 on: Oct 29, 2012 at 11:40 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Been watching some 1080P MKVs on the PANA 42VT30...

The PQ and black levels are simply amazing...  DYNAMIC PICTURE SETTINGS ARE AWESOME!!!

Best value 42 Full HD 3D plasma i can highly recommend to anyone... 

;D ;D ;D

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Oct 30, 2012 at 11:12 AM »
Ninjababez... brother... sawakas... nakaabot din budget ko sa 42VT30.... ang ganda talaga ng PQ at True Black levels nya...  samples a few of my 1080p files ... gulat ako sa ganda ng full HD PQ ng PANA...

I remember my/our first plasma the LG32PC5r... buhay na buhay ang kulay... Now Im enjoying even better PQ with a bigger screen!!! Ayus talaga :D

Awesome bro!!!  perfect example ka ng good things happen to those who wait  :)

Btw mga bro finally had the time to play castlevania LOS, all picture settings wala green blob!!  Yeah!!
ninjababez online ..

Offline jduval

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: Oct 30, 2012 at 02:00 PM »
mga bad kayo

mapapa-vt30 yata ako :((

Offline rhizom3

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Oct 30, 2012 at 02:08 PM »
Guys, I'm eyeing on 42ST30 that costs around 35k at SnS (33k at Listening room) that includes 2 pairs of 3D glasses.  What are the differences between this one and VT30 aside from THX and custom calibration?  SnS has it at around 39K.  Is additional 4k really worth it?

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Oct 30, 2012 at 02:11 PM »
day and night (if everything works well).

yung VT, pang day and night, yung ST pang night lang.   ;D

Kung hindi super bargain/clearance sale/questionable stock - yung deal, the 42VT should be priced around 60K.  In other words, the outdated 42ST is STILL being sold at retail, while you are saving 20K for the outdated 42VT.  Kaya kung outdated ST din lang, the outdated VT at 39K is a total bargain and most definitely worth checking.

Guys, I'm eyeing on 42ST30 that costs around 35k at SnS (33k at Listening room) that includes 2 pairs of 3D glasses.  What are the differences between this one and VT30 aside from THX and custom calibration?  SnS has it at around 39K.  Is additional 4k really worth it?
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2012 at 02:22 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline rhizom3

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Oct 30, 2012 at 02:18 PM »
day and night (if everything works well).

yung VT, pang day and night, yung ST pang night lang.   ;D

Does this mean that VT has better PQ during daytime and lesser reflection? I thought ST has some filtering as well.  How about other features like supported formats and DLNA?  Are they both the same?