Author Topic: PANNY 42VT30  (Read 135383 times)

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
Re: PANNY 42VT30
« Reply #690 on: Apr 10, 2013 at 09:15 PM »
wow... 62K big clams... still pricey... but really worth it if you find one in the market...

yup! big price difference between it and its main rival, the Samsung 51E550. (this costs "just" 49k! ;))
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #691 on: Apr 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM »
just saw a 65vt30 here in melb, iba pala talaga sya. my reaction was like when I first saw a kuro. being sold for 2.4kaud, 1.1k more expensive sa nakuha ko na 60ut60.
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline cnn

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #692 on: Apr 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM »
just saw a 65vt30 here in melb, iba pala talaga sya. my reaction was like when I first saw a kuro. being sold for 2.4kaud, 1.1k more expensive sa nakuha ko na 60ut60.

Nice :D

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #693 on: Apr 24, 2013 at 09:43 AM »
Told you...hehehe

You might want to consider trading up to the VT30 (or better yet a VT50) if possible.  2.4KAUD is still a great deal for a 65-inch top of the line model (in 2011).

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #694 on: Apr 25, 2013 at 12:16 AM »
Told you...hehehe

You might want to consider trading up to the VT30 (or better yet a VT50) if possible.  2.4KAUD is still a great deal for a 65-inch top of the line model (in 2011).

haha still settling in dito  kaya wala pa budget for a tv that expensive :) ito ngang UT50 pahirapan na mapapprove kay finance manager ;)

The VT30 was actually on sale, last unit, from 3.4k to 2.4k. Napa-wow talaga ako. pero happy naman na ako sa TV wag lang itatabi dito. sayang wala na din ST50 dito, pahirapan makakuha, kaya i settled for a UT50.

Up for this VT30 tv! )
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline cnn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #695 on: May 08, 2013 at 08:25 AM »
Ang Bagsik talaga ng Pana VT60 series...

read this...

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p55vt60/4505-6482_7-35567332.html

The good: The Panasonic VT60 produces the best picture quality of any TV we've ever reviewed, equal to or better than our in-house Pioneer Kuro reference; exceedingly deep black levels and excellent shadow detail; well-saturated colors and excellent skin tones; industry-leading sound quality; extensive features including touch-pad remote, voice control, and onboard camera.

The bad: Extremely expensive; forthcoming ZT60 might have even better picture quality; worse bright-room picture than that of the Samsung F8500; somewhat humdrum design; camera is limited, and facial recognition is a gimmick.

The bottom line: The Panasonic VT60 has one of the best pictures of any TV we've ever reviewed, but it's soon to face some tough competition.

Panasonic has been top of the picture-quality pile for the past five-plus years, ever since the Pioneer Kuro (now known as the "K-word") bowed out of the frame. Panasonic inherited technology and engineers in Pioneer's shakeup and has been inching toward beating the K-word ever since, but never quite got there. I would argue that 2013 is the year Panasonic has finally cracked it.

The VT60 is an excellent plasma with perhaps the best image quality you'll see this year not powered by light-emitting diodes. It is a shade better than the Kuro we've been using as a reference these long years, it beats the Samsung F8500 in critical dim-room viewing situations, and it's demonstrably better than the outstanding ST60. It boasts industry-leading black levels, illuminating shadow detail, and rich, saturated colors.

There are a couple of problems, however. The first is price: the VT60 is exactly twice the cost of the ST60, and its picture is by no stretch of the imagination twice as good. In other words, this is a TV not just for videophiles, but, like the Kuro and the F8500, it's a TV for relatively wealthy videophiles.

Another problem looms for those who can afford it: Panasonic's own ZT60, a step-up model that the company describes as delivering "beyond the reference" picture quality that's even better than that of the VT60. Videophiles in this tax bracket who simply want the best picture quality they can get, money no object, won't bat an eye at the extra $500 the ZT60 demands.

We haven't reviewed the ZT60 yet, so we don't know whether it can live up to those claims, but as soon as we do, we'll update this review. In the meantime, we do know one thing: the Panasonic VT60 is probably the best-performing TV we've ever seen.

Series information: I performed a hands-on evaluation of the 60-inch Panasonic TC-P60VT60, but this review also applies to the other screen sizes in the series. All sizes have identical specs and according to the manufacturer should provide very similar picture quality.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013 at 08:38 AM by cnn »

Offline rhizom3

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #696 on: Jun 05, 2013 at 08:10 PM »
Guys,
I think I saw a 'dead' pixel on my 42VT30.  I'm not even sure if it is dead (or maybe dying?).  When the TV tries to render a colored image (any color except black) and nagkataon na yung image na yan falls under this 'dying' pixel, it fluctuates a green color (yes nag bliblink cya in green!).  When the TV renders a black image in the screen, Ok cya.  I don't know if I explained it correctly but that's what I'm seeing.  So far, isang pixel lang naman.  It is located at the upper left part of the TV screen.  If you're familiar with Algebra, this dead pixel can be found at the center of the 2nd quadrant of the X & Y axis.  Kayo na po bahala mag imagine. Hehe.

I bought my unit at SnS.  Should I be alarmed and contact the shop for warranty claims (if covered ng warranty)?  My unit is 6 months old.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2013 at 08:11 PM by rhizom3 »

Offline Allan_2180

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #697 on: Jun 06, 2013 at 11:56 AM »
Guys,
I think I saw a 'dead' pixel on my 42VT30.  I'm not even sure if it is dead (or maybe dying?).  When the TV tries to render a colored image (any color except black) and nagkataon na yung image na yan falls under this 'dying' pixel, it fluctuates a green color (yes nag bliblink cya in green!).  When the TV renders a black image in the screen, Ok cya.  I don't know if I explained it correctly but that's what I'm seeing.  So far, isang pixel lang naman.  It is located at the upper left part of the TV screen.  If you're familiar with Algebra, this dead pixel can be found at the center of the 2nd quadrant of the X & Y axis.  Kayo na po bahala mag imagine. Hehe.

I bought my unit at SnS.  Should I be alarmed and contact the shop for warranty claims (if covered ng warranty)?  My unit is 6 months old.
The red and blue subpixels are already dead and green subpixel na lang ang natitirang buhay.
Pag isang pixel lang ang faulty, hindi pa considered as defective unit. bka from day 0 nanjan na yan
at ngayon lang napansin when you seat really close to the screen. My ST30 has a dead pixel
(no rgb light) on center of 4th Quadrant and I think it is still considered as normal and hindi naman kasi obvious 8ft away from my seat wag lang tlaga titigan ang coordinate ng dead pixel kasi mapapansin tlga ito when watching a foot away from the screen.

Pag dumadami na sila at magkakadikit na... then you should be alarmed and call SNS for warranty claim.

« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2013 at 11:58 AM by Allan_2180 »
Panasonic 42ST30
Optoma HD33
PCH-A200
Yamaha Aventage A810
Wharfedale 9.6+9CM+9DFS
US Audio 512D

Offline _kamatis

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #698 on: Jun 09, 2013 at 12:54 PM »
still happy with my 42 VT30. :) and no plan to upgrade.
invest na lang muna yung pang bili ng new gear.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #699 on: Jul 05, 2013 at 02:17 PM »
Somebody informed me that the 50VT30 is available (again?) kay Dom.  True?

You guys better check this out bago ko kayo unahan sa upcoming summer vacation ko.  Hehe

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #700 on: Jul 05, 2013 at 08:07 PM »
Somebody informed me that the 50VT30 is available (again?) kay Dom.  True?

You guys better check this out bago ko kayo unahan sa upcoming summer vacation ko.  Hehe

si tein din ata magkakaroon muli ng stocks ng 50VT30. hmmm... new old stocks?

Offline revskie

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • HD Junkie
  • Liked:
« Reply #701 on: Jul 05, 2013 at 09:54 PM »
Di kaya ito yung mga returned units with the perceived green blob defect? :) just a thought.

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #702 on: Jul 06, 2013 at 04:46 PM »
wag naman sana.  :-X

Offline cnn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #703 on: Jul 06, 2013 at 07:41 PM »
Di kaya ito yung mga returned units with the perceived green blob defect? :) just a thought.
most likely... better test to the max para sure...

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #704 on: Jul 06, 2013 at 09:01 PM »
Heto na naman tayo mga kapatid.

What high end TV can you buy for 60K even right now?   ;)   Wala po.  Magkano ang Samsung 8500, ang SonyHX, and even the VT60?

50VT50 I heard would be around 120K - reasonably correct pa rin I think considering yung profit ng local dealer.   Kahit mag-math tayo, you need to depreciate that 3X at 20% to go down to 60K. 

Just check the unit carefully. 

Offline DonMiguel85

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #705 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 07:44 AM »
Is the 60 series already here? They just came out in the US around May or June right?

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #706 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 02:40 PM »
Is the 60 series already here? They just came out in the US around May or June right?

some sellers have the 65 inch ST60 and VT60 already. :)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #707 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 07:43 AM »
Bring in the 50s and 55s, for crying out loud!  Hehehe.

High-end na nga, ubod pa ng laki, ubod pa ng mahal.   Even sa Japan, hindi binibili ng normal na tao ang 65V.  Hehehe

some sellers have the 65 inch ST60 and VT60 already. :)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #708 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 07:56 AM »
So is the 50VT30 actually available or would become available again or tsismis lang?   :)

I am definitely interested because my relatives have been asking me about my 50VT30 all the time.

Offline acepogs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #709 on: Jul 09, 2013 at 02:57 PM »
My 42VT30 has a single vertical line located at 1cm right after the bezel (left side), color looks like purple. only visible when viewing light but not bright background, not visible during dark scene. Checked different sources still persist. Looks like permanent. Unit is 8 months old and got noticed yesterday, if somehow needs a warranty service do you think the panel is replaceable and still has a spare on it, or even whole unit replacement? Worse scenario ending up with different brand. I don't think upgrade is an option since VT50 series would not match the price and as if 50VT30 is still available. And even other brand would not match the performance of vt30 for its price. So wishing panel is replaceable if that's the problem or whole unit if spare part is not available.
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2013 at 03:26 PM by acepogs »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #710 on: Jul 09, 2013 at 03:57 PM »
Just to clarify, is that the very edge of the actual viewable area of the panel, or meron pang image between the purple line and the bezel?  If the purple line corresponds to the edge of the viewable area, I think not properly positioned/centered lang yung panel relative to the left and right bezel.  I've seen some HDTVs like that.   Baka ma-adjust (ma-i-usog) pa yung panel to center it.

Get in touch with your seller immediately.

Good luck!

My 42VT30 has a single vertical line located at 1cm right after the bezel (left side), color looks like purple. only visible when viewing light but not bright background, not visible during dark scene. Checked different sources still persist. Looks like permanent. Unit is 8 months old and got noticed yesterday, if somehow needs a warranty service do you think the panel is replaceable and still has a spare on it, or even whole unit replacement? Worse scenario ending up with different brand. I don't think upgrade is an option since VT50 series would not match the price and as if 50VT30 is still available. And even other brand would not match the performance of vt30 for its price. So wishing panel is replaceable if that's the problem or whole unit if spare part is not available.
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2013 at 03:58 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline zipfx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #711 on: Jul 10, 2013 at 03:34 AM »
bought 40pu200 and denon reciever last week, natanong ko lang dun sa staff naging last price ng 50VT30 nung meron pa sila sabi niya sa akin 57K daw sabi ko sayang mura kesa pagkabili ko last dec and to my surprise may isa pa daw silang stock! wow muntik nako mapautang hehehe

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #712 on: Jul 10, 2013 at 08:33 AM »
Saan store or seller?

Thanks!

bought 40pu200 and denon reciever last week, natanong ko lang dun sa staff naging last price ng 50VT30 nung meron pa sila sabi niya sa akin 57K daw sabi ko sayang mura kesa pagkabili ko last dec and to my surprise may isa pa daw silang stock! wow muntik nako mapautang hehehe
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2013 at 08:34 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline zipfx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #713 on: Jul 10, 2013 at 03:22 PM »
Saan store or seller?

Thanks!

sa may AVX harrison sir

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #714 on: Jul 10, 2013 at 03:28 PM »
Do you happen to know the telephone number of AVX?  Thanks!

sa may AVX harrison sir

Offline acepogs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #715 on: Jul 10, 2013 at 03:33 PM »
Just to clarify, is that the very edge of the actual viewable area of the panel, or meron pang image between the purple line and the bezel?  If the purple line corresponds to the edge of the viewable area, I think not properly positioned/centered lang yung panel relative to the left and right bezel.  I've seen some HDTVs like that.   Baka ma-adjust (ma-i-usog) pa yung panel to center it.

Get in touch with your seller immediately.

Good luck!

Technically it is a real vertical line. Just a centimeter away from the bezel sayang at ngaun pa xa lumabas kahit one cm xa visible pag malapet nagkataon lng na purple hindi maxado halata. I hope marepair sayang ang value eh. Napamahal na saken haha saka dame na nitong napaligayang tao.

Thanks

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #716 on: Jul 10, 2013 at 03:37 PM »
So meron image or wala between the purple line and the bezel (within the 1cm clearance)?  Kung wala, that is the edge.  Kung meron, that is dead/abnormal pixel (line) - what basic color combinations create purple?

Technically it is a real vertical line. Just a centimeter away from the bezel sayang at ngaun pa xa lumabas kahit one cm xa visible pag malapet nagkataon lng na purple hindi maxado halata. I hope marepair sayang ang value eh. Napamahal na saken haha saka dame na nitong napaligayang tao.

Thanks

« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2013 at 03:39 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline acepogs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #717 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM »
Indeed, may picture before the line. And its a straight line na parang sinulatan ng ballpen na color puprle. Maybe I should post a picture of it so everybody shall have an idea.                                 

Offline cnn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #718 on: Jul 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM »
Indeed, may picture before the line. And its a straight line na parang sinulatan ng ballpen na color puprle. Maybe I should post a picture of it so everybody shall have an idea.                                 

yes please post pictures ... full TV then close up of the line.., curious how this looks...

Offline acebone

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #719 on: Jul 12, 2013 at 12:32 AM »
Guys,

Though my tv is not a Panny, you may try na din to contact SNS if there is anything they can do about it.  Wala namang masama kung magtatanong lang naman. In fact, when I bought my tv from them, I asked them "what if a dead pixel appears?" and ang sabi nila tawag lang daw sa kanila for any assistance. So try it. It's better than doing nothing.

Cheers!