Author Topic: under warranty but unrepairable unit  (Read 1652 times)

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
under warranty but unrepairable unit
« on: Sep 01, 2012 at 09:23 PM »
last month my media player which i bought used from a fellow pdvd player broke down (naka stand by mode lang sya and it won't power up) since the unit is still under warranty from a audio video store i brought it to them for repair.i couldn't find the receipt so they checked the serial no. and when they found out it is still under warranty i they received the media player and for repair.i asked they if they could lend me a spare unit and after the staff asked the owner they lend me a unit though not the same media player i returned (i was so grateful until when i went home and found out that they gave me the wrong remote for the unit (i couldn't properly control the player other than the up,down and play button).after 2 weeks i called them for an update,the sales staff told me the unit is still with the technician and told me the unit can still be repaired.after another 2 weeks i called them up and them up and the sales staff told me the bad news that the  technician said that the unit is unrepairable already i asked him what his boss can do about it.he came back to me and told me that his boss said that they only have 7 days return policy and since my unit can't be repaired anymore the best thing that they could do is offer me a 20% discount on a brand new unit  >:(.
i was so disappointed because that media player costs 14k brand new and now after less than 1 year it is already useless.and they still have the guts to offer me another unit which after less than 1 year will have the possibility to become unrepairable.i feel for the sales staff because kahit sya hirap na hirap sya kung papaano sasabihin sa akin yung sinabi ng boss nya.
guys what will you do if you were in my shoes?what action do you think i should take para naman hindi ako maagrabyado?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Re: under warranty but unrepairable unit
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2012 at 09:58 PM »
Try mo makiusap ulit. Gather evidences proving that it is still under warranty. Anong sense ng warranty kung hindi papalitan. But then, ask them din kung anong cause. There are also parts ng isang gamit na sometimes, hindi covered ng warranty. Ask them baka pwede nila palitan maski preowned unit kesa wala.

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2012 at 06:23 AM »
Three letters.  DTI.  As master Nelson mentioned, gather evidence.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2012 at 06:24 AM by paolorenzo »

Offline jhelenz

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2012 at 07:00 AM »
thanks for the replies sir,problem is di ko makita yung receipt,may iba pa bang paraan para mapatunayan ko na under warranty pa yung unit kung sakali magmatigas yung owner?
napapaisip lang din kasi ako,unsa sabi nung sales staff repairable pa naman daw yung unit sabi ng technician tapos ngayun sasabihin nila na irrepairable na,paano kung imbes na marepair eh lalong na damage ng tech yung unit?
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2012 at 07:04 AM by jhelenz »

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 383
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2012 at 07:18 AM »
thanks for the replies sir,problem is di ko makita yung receipt,may iba pa bang paraan para mapatunayan ko na under warranty pa yung unit kung sakali magmatigas yung owner?
napapaisip lang din kasi ako,unsa sabi nung sales staff repairable pa naman daw yung unit sabi ng technician tapos ngayun sasabihin nila na irrepairable na,paano kung imbes na marepair eh lalong na damage ng tech yung unit?

Better ready the DTI contact details, just in case your appeals are ignored .... threatening vendors with DTI complaints sometimes help (in my case, it was for a phat XBOX 360 - RROD issues).

Like an earlier post said, try to get a more technical description on what specific part is broken ..... if you're lucky, it can just be discrete components e.g. capacitor, opamps, etc.

Also, it might help if you try to contact the helpdesk of the NMT manufacturer ...... these guys are usually prompt with their replies from direct queries on their website forum (especially MEDE8ER & PCH).

Try giving them the unit S/N and/or the broken part details ..... just maybe they can give some answers.

Offline Eddie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: Sep 03, 2012 at 02:26 PM »
Oh wow. That sucks. Any chance you can PM me the shop and product? I'd like to stay away from those 2.

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2670
« Reply #6 on: Sep 03, 2012 at 02:32 PM »
baka pwede pamention ng product brand?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2012 at 02:36 PM »
1 year warranty ng maker or ng local distributor or both?

Dont let either get away.   Just make sure na hindi misuse ang dahilan ng defect.

Offline Tavus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 03, 2012 at 03:11 PM »
oh wow there obviously trying to rip you off. Threaten them that you will report to DTI and
demand a total refund from clowns that sell stuff like this.

Offline jhelenz

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 03, 2012 at 05:15 PM »
update lang guys,nakausap ko yung owner kanina and he told me that he will try to e-mail the manufacturer on this matter (which he should have done in the first place instead of trying to sell me another unit).babalitaan daw ako kung ano magiging response nung manufacturer.
ang problem kasi dun sa unit is naka standby mode lang sya lagi.nung dinala nila dun sa technician after 1 or 2 weeks daw e nagawa ng technician yung power tapos nung tinesting nila sa store nawala naman yung video.binalik nila sa technician and pagkatapos ng ilang weeks dineclare na ng technician na irreparable na daw,may na damage na ic dun sa video.most probably daw due to fluctuation,ang sabi ko sa owner bakit sa lahat ng gears ko eh yun lang ang nasira.dun din kasi sa avr na yung naka connect yung lcd,amplifier,dvd player and hdd.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #10 on: Sep 16, 2012 at 12:17 PM »
-.....most probably daw due to fluctuation,ang sabi ko sa owner bakit sa lahat ng gears ko eh yun lang ang nasira.dun din kasi sa avr na yung naka connect yung lcd,amplifier,dvd player and hdd.

minsan, pansinin mo , may talon ng kuryente and AVR to NMT if you fail to power off either one when unplugging.

I am not saying that's the case here, so good luck djan.

if video output ang natamaan, more of a precaution lang is to shut off the power strip, before disconnecting devices.
toy