Author Topic: Speaker Comparisons  (Read 204792 times)

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Speaker Comparisons
« Reply #810 on: May 20, 2011 at 10:56 PM »
ahaha nice selection mark but i dont have the cash. YET. :-X

ipon ipon muna and testing.

we also have the b&w 600 series available. :)

Offline momay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #811 on: Jul 08, 2011 at 02:00 PM »
pa-advice naman po kung alin sa dalawang set ang mas maganda.

wharfedale VR-100 + VR-C1

or

yamaha NS-P60

eto lang kaya ng budget. thanks!

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #812 on: Jul 08, 2011 at 02:28 PM »
pa-advice naman po kung alin sa dalawang set ang mas maganda.

wharfedale VR-100 + VR-C1

or

yamaha NS-P60

eto lang kaya ng budget. thanks!

halos lahat namang speakers maganda... depende na lang yan sa gears behind them.... :)

any speaker will sound crap if they don't match to the whole system.  ;D  ;)
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #813 on: Aug 09, 2011 at 12:55 PM »
Meron na ba sa inyo ang nakapag A/B nitong MA BX2 & PSB B6 kung alin ang mas suave sa music?  ;)

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
« Reply #814 on: Aug 09, 2011 at 01:46 PM »
Meron na ba sa inyo ang nakapag A/B nitong MA BX2 & PSB B6 kung alin ang mas suave sa music?  ;)

Pareho pong maganda. Kung ano ang mas preferred nyo ang tunog, dun na lang po kayo. :)

I think the B6 sounds sweeter because of the smooth midrange and even frequency response. The BX2 has punchier lows, laid back vocals, and a more detailed and sparkly top end. The former is more correct-sounding (measurement-wise), while the latter has a more exciting presentation. Try both to see which one works best with your gear.

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #815 on: Aug 09, 2011 at 01:55 PM »
Pareho pong maganda. Kung ano ang mas preferred nyo ang tunog, dun na lang po kayo. :)

I think the B6 sounds sweeter because of the smooth midrange and even frequency response. The BX2 has punchier lows, laid back vocals, and a more detailed and sparkly top end. The former is more correct-sounding (measurement-wise), while the latter has a more exciting presentation. Try both to see which one works best with your gear.

hmmm... pareho ngang ok. tnx!  ;)

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #816 on: Aug 09, 2011 at 02:20 PM »
hmmm... pareho ngang ok. tnx!  ;)

hmmm, may balak sya  ::)
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #817 on: Aug 09, 2011 at 02:23 PM »
hmmm, may balak sya  ::)

curious lang po ma'am, sir.  ;D nasubukan mo na ba ikumpara sa ating "for life" speaker?

Offline volcomstoner

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #818 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 10:42 AM »
Mga master

Anu po ba mas maganda sa audio?  Mission mx1 or polk audio rti a1?
Mas mura kasi si mission,at sya pa lang napapakinggan ko..si rti hindi pa.
 Im into rock ,metal ,alternative songs thanks

Offline pa3ck608

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #819 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 11:15 AM »
Mga master

just to give you an idea, the RTi a1 provides big sound for its size.it has detailed mids and good treble extension, which is ideal in mainstream music. it has also a flat response and fairly easy to drive so it would likely partner easily with any gear. I'm not too familiar with the missions, but im sure they are equally good sounding speaks.
CA 650A+DACMagic | Denon 4311 | Onkyo 608
Polk RTiA3 | B&W 686 S2 | MS Mezzo 8 | MS Avant 906i

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #820 on: Aug 20, 2011 at 11:58 AM »
Mga master

Check out reviews from customers that bought the POLK AUDIO RTI A1 from Amazon:

1) I forgot how much I love listening to great speakers. These are definitely great speakers. One constant I kept seeing in reviews on AMZN and from professional reviewers is how fun it is to listen to familiar music on the A1s. I took that for a very good sign and, having had them for 2 weeks, I must agree.

They sound very warm. If I had any knock on these it is that they sound a little bright of natural. I am not sure if this is a knock, however, as I am sure that this adds to the wonderful detail these speakers produce. In nearly every familiar song I listen to, I notice new elements that I hadn't noticed before. Voices and string instruments, in particular, sound like they are in the room. Very realistic sounding.

The other thing that these speakers do well is project a wide sound field that spreads well beyond and behind the speakers. These speakers just disappear into a wall of sound. They are also physically quite small! When my friends came over to listen them, they had to look twice to see where the speakers were in my bookshelf. I got them in black because that is the color of my entertainment system. Because they are black, and because they are so small, they are easy to hide among a row of books (nice unanticipated benefit of black - although the pictures of the cherry speakers look beautiful).

Finally, while they sound great at low volumes, these speakers really seem like they want to be played loud! Put on an up tempo song and start turning them up and they really shine. My amp was straining long before these speakers seemed to mind. Now I need to get a new amp with big clean power.

2) i have had these in just over a week and with the hours i have played them i would say that i am entering the break in stage. right out of the box they sounded a little bright, now they sound a little more laid back and smoother. most reviewers on here pair their speakers with a receiver and a sub. i would suggest that you use neither. in stereo i would suggest you use more superior hardware to get more from these gems,such as a good amp,a preamp and a good cd player,or turntable. now for my review.i listened to the polks well into the late hours of the night each night. as my preamp and amp got warmer the polks fell deeper into the sound stage as the sound stage got wider. i turned the lights off and i was conviced they were full range speakers.from the sometimes thunderous bottom end to realistic midband and the smooth highs.as the hours went on i plunged deeper into my cd collection,and the sound stopped comming from the speakers and were placed in locations in the air between and the outer edges the speakers. when i kept on looking at each speaker it did not appear that sound was comming from them. this has happened to me before on a larger scale with my legacy signatures (130lbs each beasts , a little over five feet tall and almost 4grand more).will downing's pleasures of the night (cd) is my usual reference cd for male voices and his voice came so close to me in that center stage i know i could have slapped him if i had reached out my hand. maxwell's cd embroya is my bottom end test cd and wow the gut they had was tremendous. i continued to listen to more cds from jazz to some classic r&b and classical and they got better and better. i love'm. and by the way did i say they were a very good looking pair of speakers.

Offline crazyhog

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #821 on: Sep 04, 2011 at 06:33 PM »
AVR is only HTiB 3400 and would like to upgrade my LCR speaker. ( my HTiB  is good naman for movies pero bad for music, but when i tested Wharfe 8.2, gumanda xa for music.) my choices of bookshelf's are. .....

1. wharfe 10.1 - 10.2 / 10cm = 6 ohms
2. rti A 1 / csi 20 = 8 ohms
3. svs s-series ( 2nd hand selling for 25k LCR here in Davao) = 8 ohms

more on movies (.mkv). gusto ko un malamig pakinggan, d masakit s tenga. room is 4-5m x 7m lang po. plus un meron bass kunti from BS kc 10" passive lang un s HTiB ko.

TIA!

add on question.

1. dba kung mas mataas un ohms ng speaker, mas magaan dalhin ng reciever,( 8 > 6ohms), tama ba? if yes,
      bakit un dynamic power ay bumaba like kun 6 ohms 110 per channel but only 85 per channel if 8 ohms?

2. using wharfe 8.2 or yun stock, nasa 45 to 55 un volume ko ( both 6ohms ), if 8 ohms speaker pipiliin ko,              will there be a significant crank up of my volume for my preference like s 6 ohms speaker? ( 70 ata un mAX vol ng reciever ko)

sensya ha, bago lang ako s ganitong hobbie. :-) TIA 

Offline Erbz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #822 on: Sep 13, 2011 at 10:46 PM »
Guys, quick question,

Polk rti a3 or mission m34i?

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #823 on: Sep 17, 2011 at 08:01 PM »
Guys, quick question,

The answer to this question is easy. Go for the Polk Audio RTi A3.

Offline powghi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • "Di na ako mangangako, Promise!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #824 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 02:40 PM »
mga sir, ask ko lang po. Yung avr ko po is 8-16ohm. And yung speaker ko is 4-8ohm. Kaya po ba i drive ng amp ko yung speaker ko? Wala po bang adjustment ng ohm?
FS: Victor AX-K7
FS: Sony STR-DE335
FS: Akai CD-A2100
FS: Euro6BBL Bookshelf
LF: Wh2 surround

Offline arnold

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #825 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 05:55 PM »
Mga sir...ask ko lang po ang opinion nyo..wala pa ko kasi tym iaudition ...ok ba ang MA RX2 paired with Yamaha RxV 3800 or B&W 685? for music lang ..I listen mostly New wave and Crossover Jazz...mas ok sakin kasi malaki ang boses..kaya ba idrive ng Yamaha Rxv 3800 ung MA Rx2 na 6 ohm? thanks

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 814
« Reply #826 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 06:17 PM »
Mga sir...ask ko lang po ang opinion nyo..wala pa ko kasi tym iaudition ...ok ba ang MA RX2 paired with Yamaha RxV 3800 or B&W 685? for music lang ..I listen mostly New wave and Crossover Jazz...mas ok sakin kasi malaki ang boses..kaya ba idrive ng Yamaha Rxv 3800 ung MA Rx2 na 6 ohm? thanks

If it's for music only, why buy a receiver? Get an integrated amp or pre-amp power amp combo. AV Receivers sound weak in stereo mode.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #827 on: Oct 15, 2011 at 06:39 AM »
Guys, quick question,

that would depend on what application and what your taste is. the a3 sounds brighter than the mission. mission being a floorstander has a big advantage on low end frequencies. i see the m34i as as a poor man's rti a9  :)

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #828 on: Oct 15, 2011 at 10:04 AM »
that would depend on what application and what your taste is. the a3 sounds brighter than the mission. mission being a floorstander has a big advantage on low end frequencies. i see the m34i as as a poor man's rti a9  :)

He already bought the A3 and is now selling it after liking an A-Audio speaker better.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #829 on: Oct 21, 2011 at 12:01 PM »
He already bought the A3 and is now selling it after liking an A-Audio speaker better.

napansin ko nga sir conan, may mission din pala siya na speakers based on the marketplace pictures he posted.

Offline richardcruz

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #830 on: Oct 21, 2011 at 02:42 PM »

RX2 belongs to a higher class than B&W 685. But still depends on what you're looking for: RX2 is more refined but a shade brighter than the 685. I had the 685 before and found it had tight but boomy bass. If you'll be using it predominantly for HT (seeing that you have a Audio Video Receiver), the 685 might be a better match, easier to drive pa than the RX2. If you'll be using it more for 2-channel stereo, no doubt go for the RX2, but you'll need a more powerful dedicated stereo amplifier to get the RX2 at its best.
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2011 at 02:46 PM by richardcruz »

Offline musika

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Absolute sounds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #831 on: Oct 21, 2011 at 02:51 PM »

Its better to give it a time to audition to make no mistake. Everything is a matter of choice (your preference) and if budgets permits.

Enjoy!

Offline Carps

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #832 on: Oct 29, 2011 at 11:33 PM »
Hello sirs/ma'am, ope you guys can help me...
I got a hand-me-down yamaha rxv 795 AVR from my brother and I'm planning to set-up my first system
I was able to listen to Polk audio and I really like how they sound plus I was given the impression that Polks aren't difficult to drive...
If you guys can please comment on the set-up that I am planning
1. Polk RTi A3 with CSi A4 center
2. Polk RTi A3 with TSi c20
2. Polk RTi A3 with TSi C10

I was only able to listen to Polks so I would also appreciate it if you can recommend other speakers...preferably of the same price range...application will be both for music and movies.

Thanks in advance. Hope you guys can comment because I'm really itching to start with this project...

Offline dandyqb

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #833 on: Nov 17, 2011 at 05:19 PM »
mga sirs, alin pong BS speaker ng aaudio ang medyo bassy but with enought highs, ito po pinagpipilian ko;
charisma 6, ezra at genesis, mga 60-70% music then movies ang usage, thanks in advance  :)

Offline Chain

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 138
« Reply #834 on: Dec 07, 2011 at 10:06 PM »
mga sirs san po kaya ako makakakuha ng 6" NA 4OHMS woofer speaker ung mga 30-50 watter lang?iba ung pinalit ng pinsan ko eh.bale 8 ohms ung nilagay nya.Any brand recommendations or where to get them?Salamat po sa mga magrereply.thanks

Offline mcbry

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • TRuSt YoUr eArS!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #835 on: Jan 05, 2012 at 11:11 AM »
for pure music listening which is better MA RX1 or RX2?
will be pairing it with Sony Esprit TA-N902 power amp.
thanks.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #836 on: Jan 05, 2012 at 11:18 AM »
for pure music listening which is better MA RX1 or RX2?
will be pairing it with Sony Esprit TA-N902 power amp.
thanks.

RX2 will have more bass and sound "bigger".
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline mcbry

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • TRuSt YoUr eArS!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #837 on: Jan 05, 2012 at 01:24 PM »
RX2 will have more bass and sound "bigger".

thanks sir.
how about RTi A3 compare sa RX1.
which is better in terms of details and accuracy ng tunog?

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #838 on: Jan 05, 2012 at 01:31 PM »
thanks sir.
how about RTi A3 compare sa RX1.
which is better in terms of details and accuracy ng tunog?

I haven't done a back to back listen between RTI A3 and RX1 so I wouldn't be able to give you an accurate picture.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline parker

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #839 on: Jan 25, 2012 at 07:33 PM »
i auditioned rti a3, rx1 and mezzo 2.....my choice was the mezzo 2.

i had a hard time chosing between the 3 brands. all sounded well and balanced.

took me sometime to decide on what to get.

maybe if i had a more powerful amp....or a different amp. i might lean towards the rx1

the mezzo 2 and rti 3...hmmm a bit on the similar side but the mezzos sounded a bit more refined.. both are easy to drive. a decent 40 watter can.

by the way, i considered the mezzo 1 too, it was at par with the above....very musical. not a bassbeast  but i liked the way it presented the bass. if i had a smaller room then.....

the 3 other speaks sounded big for their respective sizes.

all of them sounded nuetral. some on the warm side some on the bright, but just the same, nuetral.

the three speaks????? an eeny meeny miny mo choice.

good day

« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2012 at 06:50 AM by parker »
troll - naughty not evil.