Author Topic: Best NMT user interface  (Read 2303 times)

Offline elim

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Best NMT user interface
« on: Oct 01, 2012 at 11:21 AM »
Hi,

i was just wondering what NMT offers the best user interface. I'm thinking of shifting to a NMT from htpc. I don't need 3d features as of the moment. I'm a NMT newbie, thanks in advance for your opinions :)
i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/ielim/Faithful%20Sound%20brands%202_zpsttoewu3h.jpg

Offline Audio Excellence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Best NMT user interface
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2012 at 12:57 PM »
Check out the new GUI 2.0 of the AC Ryan Play On HD2. Very powerful and easy to use.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2012 at 01:37 PM »
Hi,

i was just wondering what NMT offers the best user interface. I'm thinking of shifting to a NMT from htpc. I don't need 3d features as of the moment. I'm a NMT newbie, thanks in advance for your opinions :)

ako walang sakit ng ULO sa MEasy x6 kaya hindi komabenta benta hehe
fw 2.05
nag htpc ako lately pero mas gusto o pa din si measy
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2012 at 02:05 PM »
For Measy X6:

Update to 3.5, aac can now pass thru via digital RAW.

I stayed long on 2.5 FW only to find out that 3.5 is a lot more stable.

pro-fast boot time(no hanging or prolonged boot time on 2.5) aac is now audible, like Xtreamer

cons-don't use the other new wallpapers provided, it makes the system hang

Offline elim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2012 at 04:44 PM »
thanks for the feedbacks bros. Ill consider them both once my htpc sells. looking for a smaller foot print kasi :)
i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/ielim/Faithful%20Sound%20brands%202_zpsttoewu3h.jpg

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2012 at 06:45 AM »
Kung gusto mo Red Times UI ng Egreat, its:

• Red on Black theme (para di shockingly bright)
  • See the lower right portion, may mga micro icons siya nag light up yung mga devices that are enabled/disabled once discovered. ok siya pag plug mo ng disks, or USB or to know the state ng services mo (wifi, BT/PT)
  • lower left button naman tells you COLOR buttons in your remote you can press
  • matagal na din si egreat, kaya i think the pedigree speaks for the CoverArt and PosterArt mode when navigating videos.
  • with PosterArt mode, you can navigate via left/right buttons yung movies, pero yung synopsis ng movies ang makikita mo. with a 1080p PJ or a huge display panel, daling pumili ng movies. walang YAMJ, or NMJ but navigation is fast kasi pictures lang poster.jpg in each of your folder will be rendered sa screen. really cool IMO.

click the picture to click on the multiGIF  at the site i prepared for RedTimes UI look /feel.

Egreat Sigma based player UI is really nice, may option pa ng Dune HD interface via 2nd OS, its too bad they put it on hold due to cinevia and focused on Realtek.

I also own Measy X6, PCH C200, Mede8er 500, and am eyeing an Egreat R900 this year, Happy naman ako sa lahat, pero the differentiator is the wow factor ng thumbnails (cleaner kasi over the rest of the Realtek UI out there).. just my 2 cents
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2012 at 06:56 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2659
« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2012 at 06:50 AM »
Kung gusto mo Red Times UI ng Egreat, its:
  • Red on Black theme (para di shockingly bright)
  • See the lower right portion, may mga micro icons siya nag light up yung mga devices that are enabled/disabled once discovered. ok siya pag plug mo ng disks, or USB or to know the state ng services mo (wifi, BT/PT)

click the picture to click on the multiGIF

+100 sa egreat, napabilib ako nito lahat nababasa di katulad nung pch a200 la kwenta ^-^
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline elim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2012 at 09:51 AM »
Mga bro im a NMT newbie kasi . Is there no support for getting the synopsis of the movie din? also what model of egreat do you reco? im comming from xmbc and im looking for something similar. I just want something smaller.

Appreciate the screen caps :)

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 06, 2012 at 09:53 AM »
Mga bro im a NMT newbie kasi . Is there no support for getting the synopsis of the movie din? also what model of egreat do you reco? im comming from xmbc and im looking for something similar. I just want something smaller.

are you refering sir sa jukebox?

Offline elim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 2012 at 11:36 AM »
Is the Jukebox the ones with the cover are, description and other infos? if so, yep bro. :)

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2012 at 11:43 AM »
Is the Jukebox the ones with the cover are, description and other infos? if so, yep bro. :)

si sir jim tanungin mo di ko nabisado eh  ^-^
dati ginawa ko nalimutan ko na kung paano, matrabaho kasi kada meron idadagdag kelangan iupdate  ;D

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #11 on: Oct 06, 2012 at 11:55 AM »

if you want small , R6A-ii fits your pocket (seriously!)

i use thumbgen app vs. the disk, and it picks up the cover and generates the poster (synopsis). i also scale the pictures para 180p para pag buga ng PJ, hindi jagged ang edges.

i use explorer XP, since you want to navigate the folders with ease and find the size per folder and show it in one go.

in the egreat 1185 (R6A-ii, R1-ii, etc), you simply press the yellow button to go to cover view page (14 covers at a time + drill down will automatically display the synopsis poster.jpg) , and press thumbnail to go poster view page (1 movie poster at a time)

dali lang,

if ayaw mo thumbgen, kahit thumbnail view is also really good. per movie i go imdb.org, right click save as yung thumbnail, and voila solve ang thumbnail agad. These are very good for Egreat Sigma based NMTs naman, coz the boot up and navigation accross the library is blazingly fast!!)
toy