Author Topic: Emotiva XPA2- Review Part II- Finally  (Read 18215 times)

Offline Ian Villaceran

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Emotiva XPA2- Review Part II- Finally
« Reply #60 on: Jan 27, 2013 at 09:53 PM »
OP your setup is really nice.. I hope to get this amp someday..

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #61 on: Jan 27, 2013 at 09:58 PM »
The XPA-2 is just a power amp. It does not have any color or sound effect circuitry. Any speaker will do just fine with any power amp..

Might be true to some but not all power amps because I have used both Emotiva XPA-5 and Parasound HCA-1200 MKII power amps and they sound very different powering the same speakers and using the same pre/pro...

Offline jao143

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #62 on: Jan 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM »
Might be true to some but not all power amps because I have used both Emotiva XPA-5 and Parasound HCA-1200 MKII power amps and they sound very different powering the same speakers and using the same pre/pro...

+100

Some power amps really produce that very dynamic sound. I've used xpa 5, audio refinement, ati, the same source, speaker and preamp
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline resident_evil

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #63 on: Jan 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM »
You also need to consider a preamp that will mate well with the power amp and give you the sound you are looking for.
Ref3A De Capo Be, 300B SET Amp, Nak Bx300, Rega P3-24, Benz Glider, EE Minimax

Offline Ian Villaceran

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #64 on: Jan 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM »

Yeah I heard many cases like this and honestly there could be some kind of treatments to some amps for product matching.. May be a business matter to lure people with sister products like Classe or Rotel for B&W, Anthem for Paradigms..

All I know and some guys may agree a power amp should be just a power source and neutral. Emotiva from reading is a classic amp/neutral which I will be getting for sure when my wallet allows..

By the way, do you have any experience with the Emotiva UMC-200 + XPA-5? Thanks.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #65 on: Jan 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM »
Yeah I heard many cases like this and honestly there could be some kind of treatments to some amps for product matching.. May be a business matter to lure people with sister products like Classe or Rotel for B&W, Anthem for Paradigms..

All I know and some guys may agree a power amp should be just a power source and neutral. Emotiva from reading is a classic amp/neutral which I will be getting for sure when my wallet allows..

By the way, do you have any experience with the Emotiva UMC-200 + XPA-5? Thanks.

Yup I agree that Emotiva is a neutral sounding power amp. I paired it before with my Denon and they sound very musical which I think is inherent with Denon receivers. UMC-200 and XPA-5 will sound very good for sure :)

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #66 on: Jan 28, 2013 at 10:11 AM »
iba kasi ang based on experience kesa reading via review online....

+ one brader jao
Some power amps really produce that very dynamic sound

+ ten atty karl
You also need to consider a preamp that will mate well with the power amp and give you the sound you are looking for.

tube pre-amp ihihihi
Love me or hate me.....

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #67 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 12:59 PM »
Wow It's nice to see that there is. a review of this amp .  I got mine last september , actually it was from my brother in the US . Initially I posted 3 different amps to sell , just thinking that i will retain what was not sold , that was before i even tried the Xpa-2 in. My system .

Mabuti na lang walang bumili Kaagad , if this review was here i think nabenta na  yun . And i would have missed out.

Anyway after 2 days I got curiuos and tried this amp . And right there decided not to sell it . As the bass and imaging of my system was really improved on my thiel speakers.

I am now a believer of emotiva gear , I have a umc-1 prepro for the ht and usp-1 incoming for audio.

The umc-1 was a big improvement versus the denon 2809