Author Topic: Bose Speakers  (Read 198721 times)

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Bose Speakers
« Reply #120 on: Feb 16, 2003 at 09:53 AM »
if your going to mix and match your speakers just becareful with timber matching. i tried to upgrade my center with an lcr b&w speaker but it was not timber matched with my mirage front speakers so i ended up selling it and got a mirage center instead.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2003 at 10:40 AM by bently »
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline Uchie

• Apprentice
  • "Only the strong survives" A.I #3
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Feb 16, 2003 at 11:21 PM »
I suggest you sell your Bose then get 5.1/6.1/7.1 complete setup. If your budget is tight, you can get new speakers for the front and center then use your Bose for the rear. Just my 2 cent advise

levi

tnx levi ;)
we already have a harman kardon 3550, sbi nga ng dad ko benta nalang yung am5 then bili nalang ng bagong speakers like the jbl scs series, or sbi naman ni momy gamitin nalang yung am5 para sa videoke using diff. amp

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Feb 17, 2003 at 03:57 PM »
I suggest you sell your Bose then get 5.1/6.1/7.1 complete setup. If your budget is tight, you can get new speakers for the front and center then use your Bose for the rear. Just my 2 cent advise

levi

tnx levi ;)
we already have a harman kardon 3550, sbi nga ng dad ko benta nalang yung am5 then bili nalang ng bagong speakers like the jbl scs series, or sbi naman ni momy gamitin nalang yung am5 para sa videoke using diff. amp

Why not try mo Definitive Promonitor 80 and Procenter 100, small but powerful and better sounding than JBL SCS series, since rear speaker need not to be that powerful and the clarity is that a must...then use the bose.

Offline Uchie

• Apprentice
  • "Only the strong survives" A.I #3
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Feb 17, 2003 at 10:46 PM »
talaga??? mas maganda b yun than the jbl scs???

Offline dr_dohh

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • you're in deep dohh now...
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Feb 18, 2003 at 12:06 PM »
Uchie, don sa 1st option mo (making your am5 surround speakers) na-try nyo na ba kung puwede yan? Ako kasi i put a nice sub lang, and it sounds fine. but kunwari if i wanted to upgrade to a 6.1 setup do i have to shell out for 6 speakers or can i still use the old ones?

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Feb 24, 2003 at 08:04 PM »
Just viewed the Bose demo currently set up at the Power Plant mall. I gotta say that it's the most:
- skillfully marketed
- cannily conceived
- cleverly produced
demo I've seen. No wonder this company is so huge.

Ok, audiophiles, you can bring down your eyebrows now.

Offline Alamat

• Collector
  • ETONG IYO!
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Feb 26, 2003 at 03:16 AM »
 Hehehe..Bose bulok....I like going into those showrooms and barking out DD EX, DTS ES, DPL II and get stupid answers. Always a treat....

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #127 on: Feb 26, 2003 at 10:10 PM »
To get the exact sound reproduction that you hear in a BOSE showroom is to have your room made the same size as the showroom with the same acoustics.  Anything deviating from that set-up makes BOSE sound ehem!

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Feb 26, 2003 at 10:34 PM »
Your room has to be a perfect square to get the maximum effect of the speakers, the effect is nice if your room is ideal but still for the price you pay its too much.

Offline Qman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • crawling in my skin ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Feb 26, 2003 at 10:44 PM »
lemons ba talaga ang bose, kasi dito sa mid east eh tinitingala ang bose......

kya mga noy-pi rito pag may ht sila sigurado ang speakers nila bose....... ??? ???

Offline Alamat

• Collector
  • ETONG IYO!
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Feb 26, 2003 at 11:01 PM »
  Make that bulok na lemons. A concrete example....a few years ago,..nung mas gatas pa ang aking mga labi at ang yabang ko na may Lifestyle 12 ako....I went into a local HT store asking if I could upgrade the Bose to the then newly put out Dolby Digital 5.1 format. The salesman was very nice and said I should its not available yet for Bose. So he shows me the mock-up HT in the store where Bose and a "mere" Boston Acoustics sats were in. He then went to demo both and was I surprised those $600 BA blew my $2000 set like they were night and day. I managed to get rid of my set using their own marketing.
  Now for their defense, a layman could be impressed by the showroom stuff they hear. We must be reminded that Bose actually has very good demo material. They are said to be the best for that purpose. Now someone with not much exposure to other speakers will think that its the best and even I can vouch for that (though I remember I had to turn up the volume too high to get some bass). But once u hear another brand, things would get really interesting.
  My advice is to try and "audition" other sets before making the purchase. We continue to bash Bose due to the fact that we feel we were deceived. We can only try and prevent this from happenning to others.

Offline Qman

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Feb 26, 2003 at 11:14 PM »
tenx alamat..

actually im planning to buy a set at iyong bagong labas nla...... early next year pag upgrade ko.  but now im seriously dropping that plan because of the bad reviews here at PDVD.

kasi when I auditioned it here satisfied naman ako sa narinig ko... anyway as you said sa mga newbie eh dpat i  auditioned ang ibang brands...  

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Mar 10, 2003 at 02:23 PM »
hey guys, need help on my bose AM10 series II. I had it working fine before with Avia until I recently checked again with my Avia Ovation disc...

running the subwoofer test, I noticed that on the left speaker-subwoofer test, the sub doesn't produce any sound or rumble. The left main speaker is working fine, but the sub doesn't. Others are working fine, like center-subwoofer, right-subwoofer, etc. I tried switching the right and left speaker wires, and that's when it worked, but the subwoofer on the right-subwoofer test this time won't work.

I think this is a wire problem, any way I can fix this? I checked the wires but didn't see any cuts or damage.

Thanks.

Offline Qman

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Apr 05, 2003 at 09:54 PM »
was able to auditioned bose speakers dito connected directly sa Bose DVD rin (accoustimas, 9 series and 7 series)  di ko gusto ang tunog parang kulang.  

then theyve connected it sa SONY receiver di ko alam kung anong model iyon.. ganoon pa rin....

They are on sale at talagang pinipilit akong bilhin ng sales man .....  pro taka ako dahil mabili pa  rin sa mga taga rito.... ??? ???

Offline enygma

• Collector
  • hirameki!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #134 on: Apr 05, 2003 at 10:57 PM »
was able to auditioned bose speakers dito connected directly sa Bose DVD rin (accoustimas, 9 series and 7 series)  di ko gusto ang tunog parang kulang.  

then theyve connected it sa SONY receiver di ko alam kung anong model iyon.. ganoon pa rin....

They are on sale at talagang pinipilit akong bilhin ng sales man .....  pro taka ako dahil mabili pa  rin sa mga taga rito.... ??? ???

talagang mararamdaman mo na may kulang dahil nakarinig ka na ng mga "tunay" na speakers.  iyung nabili mo kay nirv, i'm sure walang sinabi iyung bose don considering na masyadong mahal ang bose for it's performance.  ;D

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Apr 05, 2003 at 11:00 PM »
hey guys, need help on my bose AM10 series II. I had it working fine before with Avia until I recently checked again with my Avia Ovation disc...

running the subwoofer test, I noticed that on the left speaker-subwoofer test, the sub doesn't produce any sound or rumble. The left main speaker is working fine, but the sub doesn't. Others are working fine, like center-subwoofer, right-subwoofer, etc. I tried switching the right and left speaker wires, and that's when it worked, but the subwoofer on the right-subwoofer test this time won't work.

I think this is a wire problem, any way I can fix this? I checked the wires but didn't see any cuts or damage.

Thanks.

bossing - baka naka set sa large ang fron speaker size mo. pag oo - kaunti na ang ang signal na pinapadala sa sub. try mo i set sa small muna para ma set yung sub level. after that balik mo sa large ang fronts

;D
money is best spent

Offline Qman

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Apr 05, 2003 at 11:54 PM »

talagang mararamdaman mo na may kulang dahil nakarinig ka na ng mga "tunay" na speakers.  iyung nabili mo kay nirv, i'm sure walang sinabi iyung bose don considering na masyadong mahal ang bose for it's performance.  ;D
yap tama ka diyan nakarining na kasi tunay walang binesa sa speakers ni nirv eh. ;D ;D ;D

at saka almost 2,000 usd ang isang set nila whew.....  ilang receiver na rin iyon  ;D ;D

Offline stradale

• Collector
  • It's better to burn out than to fade away.
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Apr 06, 2003 at 06:52 PM »
A couple of years ago, I walked into the Bose shop in Festival Mall, sat in their demo room, and came out determined to save up for an Acoustimass-10 Series 2 (worth about P45T then).  Audio savvy friends talked me out of going Bose and so I ended up with a B&W/Velodyne/Yamaha HT system costing over twice as much as the AM-10. I've had the opportunity to listen to an AM-10 Series 2 system since then and it definitely lacks the slam and depth of my current system. For HT use though, for the price, pwede na. I cannot say the same thing for the outrageously expensive Lifestyle series though.  

Recently, I was lured into the same Bose shop by loud rock music. Turns out they were putting the paces on a pair of 701 floorstanders with an Onkyo AVR (looked like a TX-S600).  At P55T a pair, the 701's did not sound better than my B&W 602S3 bookshelves costing half as much.  My guess is it was receiver-limited because Bose speakers always sounded good to my ears.

Going one floor up, I found a store selling Dynaudios.  They had a pair of Audience 72 floorstanders (3-way, the 701's are 2-way lang) selling for P52T but it wasn't on demo.  But given the high regard by audiophiles for Dynaudio, there was no doubt in my mind which floorstander I'd buy if I had P55T on hand.  
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2003 at 07:08 PM by stradale »

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Apr 06, 2003 at 07:42 PM »
which store sells the dynaudios in festi?

Offline enygma

• Collector
  • hirameki!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #139 on: Apr 06, 2003 at 07:49 PM »
which store sells the dynaudios in festi?

d-cinema. they also sell b&w speakers. i think they are part of listening group of companies.

Offline stradale

• Collector
  • It's better to burn out than to fade away.
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Apr 06, 2003 at 08:41 PM »
Forgot the name but I think enygma is right.  They are on the top floor, going towards the cinemas.  Was looking for Audience 52 but they had the 42, 42W, 62, and 72 only.  Didn't see any B&Ws but they were selling lots of Yamaha speakers and AVRs.  They also sell high end cables (Transparent etc.).

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Apr 06, 2003 at 09:30 PM »

Thanks.

bossing - baka naka set sa large ang fron speaker size mo. pag oo - kaunti na ang ang signal na pinapadala sa sub. try mo i set sa small muna para ma set yung sub level. after that balik mo sa large ang fronts

;D

thanks... ayos naman yung setting kasi I didn't change anything since my last Avia test eh... tingin ko may problem yung wires... anyway, I bought a sub nalang to replace the AM10 sub

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Apr 07, 2003 at 10:07 PM »

... anyway, I bought a sub nalang to replace the AM10 sub

kakatakot ka pala mapikon  ;D pinapalitan mo agad, tulungan kita maghakot ng di mo na kailangan  ;D
money is best spent

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Apr 08, 2003 at 11:37 AM »
haha, well the AM10 sub doesn't perform very much like a sub anyways, and have been planning to get one since before it had a problem... so my decision was made nung nag loko na yung wiring ng sub :)

Offline ryn0128

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Apr 09, 2003 at 08:11 PM »
i went to hmr this afternoon, mukang bagong bagsak ang mga electronics don, nagakalat ang mga tv and dvd players, may sub din akong nakita pero i think its passive. may mga gulong pa nga eh at medyo magaan, 12" woofer ang gamit at front firing. selling for 4500. may nakita din akong bose accoustimass subwoofer, 4500 din sya at nag iisa. you guys might be interested.

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Aug 26, 2003 at 12:10 AM »
bump for 600Mw

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Aug 26, 2003 at 12:43 AM »
may nag-suggest sa akin noon nung wala pa akong ht room na: with a bose am-10, since passive lang ang sub nya, get another active sub. nag-suggest kasi sa akin e ganon ginawa nya at ok daw ang tunog sabi nya kaso di ko napakinggan e. so 600mw, subukan mo muna o kaya manghiram ka muna ng active sub at pakinggan mo kung anong resulta.

my1c

shalom :)

Offline D75C

• Collector
  • Sounds good but it makes my coffee bitter.
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Aug 26, 2003 at 01:58 AM »
If placement and accuracy wasn't an issue, I'll get a Bose but I have yet to hear a pair that does well in stereo mode. My uncle has a pair of 901s - that was Bose's flagship model before. It was okay, expensive, but not that great. Their direct-reflecting design gives you really spacious sound but it's just too spacious for my taste.

Also, the bass modules of Bose aren't real subwoofers. They don't even hit the bottom end.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but medyo ngo-ngo ang speakers nila. Try to an A/B test it with another bookshelf speaker. Tell me if you have similar results.
You wonder why it still not good enough after spending P1M.

Offline acg

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Aug 26, 2003 at 06:38 AM »
not sure if I remembered correctly, read somewhere on the net that small speakers like the Acoustimass cubes go down to about 200Hz only and dolby digital LFE has an upper limit of about 120Hz therefore leaving quite a hole in the audio spectrum.

Offline cHiNo2728

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Addict
  • Its All In Your Ears
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Pioneer D510-G and Bose Acoustimass 6 Series 2
« Reply #149 on: Sep 02, 2003 at 08:11 AM »
Mga Sirs, we currently have this setup in our sala:
Pioneer D510-G
As well as a Bose Acoustimass 6
Bose Acoustimass 6

Feeling ko lang bitin na bitin ako kapag I'm watching my DVD's. There;s not enough Ooomph!!, if you know wat I mean  ;) Does any one of you own this speaker or receiver? Any tweaks I could do with these to maximize its potential? Or am I just stuck with an overpriced system that is under powered? :'(
LG SuperUHD SJ8500
Yamaha RXV 673
Raspberry Pi 2
Pana BDT310
Polk Audio Rti A7 & A6
Dual SVS PB100