Author Topic: Help on hooking up mic mixer with the receiver  (Read 579 times)

Offline tennisdude

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help on hooking up mic mixer with the receiver
« on: Jun 06, 2013 at 08:46 AM »
need help gurus.  i bought a behringer mic mixer (xenyx 1202fx) and i'm still figuring out to how to hook it up with my LED TV, receiver, and bluray/cd player.  the reason why i bought it is for karaoke use and i want to reuse my existing receiver for amplification.  for the materials for karaoke, i simply downloaded songs from youtube and burned them in a dvd. 

how do i hook up my mixer to my amp? what kind of cable? where does the cd player hook up to?  i saw in the manual that cd player may be hooked up to the mixer but how do i get the video?  thanks in advance

Offline remington

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Help on hooking up mic mixer with the receiver
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2013 at 09:44 AM »
need help gurus.  i bought a behringer mic mixer (xenyx 1202fx) and i'm still figuring out to how to hook it up with my LED TV, receiver, and bluray/cd player.  the reason why i bought it is for karaoke use and i want to reuse my existing receiver for amplification.  for the materials for karaoke, i simply downloaded songs from youtube and burned them in a dvd. 

how do i hook up my mixer to my amp? what kind of cable? where does the cd player hook up to?  i saw in the manual that cd player may be hooked up to the mixer but how do i get the video?  thanks in advance

plug the video output of your cd/dvd player directly to your tv or if your cd/dvd have hdmi output plug it to your tv's hdmi input then plug the audio left and right output of your cd/dvd to the mic mixer's input then your mixer's output to the recievers auxillary or cd input and your ready to sing... he he! use good quality rca cables for connecting your rigs!
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2013 at 11:43 AM by remington »
tube + audio nirvana = beyond...

Offline tennisdude

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2013 at 08:39 PM »
follow up question.  if i hook up the mixer to audio1/2 of the receiver, where do i hook up the cd/bd player to the receiver to get music?  what do i select as my input source of the receiver?

Offline karloff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • DJ, Home Theater Fanatic
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2013 at 09:32 PM »
either one of the this following inputs (5/6--7/8---9/10---11/12) you should use for cd/bd player.but remember, this is TRS. you should buy TRS to RCA plug bago mo magamit. just bypass the video and do the direct connection to tv.
select where you put the input source (receiver)