Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 520358 times)

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <OFFSEASON>
« Reply #570 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 04:45 AM »
parang di rin kasi maganda ang program ni MDA para sa big men. parang "get the rebound and throw it for a fastbreak." atleast sa Rockets tingin siguro ni Howard mag iimprove yung post game niya with Mchale at the helm. remember, Kevin Mchale is one of the best post players to ever play the game. ga-lata ang talon at patpatin pero andaming galaw

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Re: NBA 2013-2014 <OFFSEASON>
« Reply #571 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 05:32 AM »
parang di rin kasi maganda ang program ni MDA para sa big men. parang "get the rebound and throw it for a fastbreak." atleast sa Rockets tingin siguro ni Howard mag iimprove yung post game niya with Mchale at the helm. remember, Kevin Mchale is one of the best post players to ever play the game. ga-lata ang talon at patpatin pero andaming galaw

To be fair to D'Antoni, he did not have the benefit of the training camp and the pre-season games to really establish the kind of offense that he wanted. You saw a lot of inconsistency as he tried hard to find the perfect balance for the Lakers. At one point, Kobe was a playmaker. Then there were instances when Pau would be given a Nowitzki role by letting him stay in the perimeter to shoot 3s. His rotation changed on a regular basis as well as he had to adjust to injuries.

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #572 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 07:24 AM »
Josh smith appears to be heading to Pistons.

Jarret Jack signed with Cavs

Carl Landry signed with Kings

Sayang kala ko sa rockets na mapupunta si smith

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #573 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 07:49 AM »
Josh smith appears to be heading to Pistons.

Jarret Jack signed with Cavs

Carl Landry signed with Kings

Sayang kala ko sa rockets na mapupunta si smith

Rockets kasi need to find takers for Asik and Lin to free up more cap space.  Baka hindi na makaantay si Smith. 

As I guessed, Howard's contract with the Rockets include an early opt-out clause after year 3. If he is still productive, sign a max contract then whatever nawala sa kanya dun sa Laker offer.  It also includes a trade kicker.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #574 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 07:56 AM »
Jarrett Jack will sign with the Cavs while Landry will do the same for the Kings.  Sayang yun bench ng GSW. Nawala 2 key players in one fell swoop.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #575 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 08:49 AM »
“It was expected," Shaq said of Dwight's decision. "We've all been in L.A. and not a lot of people can handle being under the bright lights. Everybody wants to do it, but when you get there, there are certain pressures. I think it was a safe move for him (Dwight) to go to a little town like Houston.”[/b]

Well said, Shaq.  You are still, after all, the original Superman.  Not Dwight. 

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #576 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 10:30 AM »
To be fair to D'Antoni, he did not have the benefit of the training camp and the pre-season games to really establish the kind of offense that he wanted. You saw a lot of inconsistency as he tried hard to find the perfect balance for the Lakers. At one point, Kobe was a playmaker. Then there were instances when Pau would be given a Nowitzki role by letting him stay in the perimeter to shoot 3s. His rotation changed on a regular basis as well as he had to adjust to injuries.

tumpak at agree ako dyan

yon nga lang yong MDA system  parang hindi uukol sa lakers roster.

well.. intay intay na lang next year kung anong gagawin ng Lakers Mgmt :)

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #577 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 11:13 AM »
ouch... nawala si DH sa Lakers... mawawala na ang 'egg streak' ng Lakers... tsk...

magkatotoo na kaya ang dream match ko: Lakers vs Heat sa 2014 NBA Finals...
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2013 at 11:22 AM by dpogs »
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #578 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 11:30 AM »
ouch... nawala si DH sa Lakers... mawawala na ang 'egg streak' ng Lakers... tsk...

magkatotoo na kaya ang dream match ko: Lakers vs Heat sa 2014 NBA Finals...
sa tingin ko lakers will not be in the finals for the next 3 years. so baka 2017 pa.

Offline fentom

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #579 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 11:56 AM »
Hopefully lottery bound ang lakers till 2015 dahil sa Suns ko ang first round picks nila hahaha.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #580 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 12:15 PM »
Good luck to Jack and Landry on their new teams! :)

They'll always be part of 2012-13's memorable season/playoff run, so i'll always be a fan.

Too bad GS had to renounce their rights as part of the Iguodala signing. Totally worth it, though...

Warriors depth chart:
PG: Stephen Curry, (Nemanja Nedovic)
SG: Klay Thompson, Kent Bazemore, Kevin Murphy
SF: Andre Iguodala, Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green
PF: David Lee (injured for?)
C: Andrew Bogut, Festus Ezeli (injured for 6 months)

Needs a bit of froncourt depth. Barnes and  Green may have to play some PF.

Maybe sign someone like Ivan Johnson?   >:D

Offline heineken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #581 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 05:18 PM »
mas maganda ang offense ng lakers kung wala si howard. d'antoni system. imho

Offline flak-jacket

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #582 on: Jul 07, 2013 at 06:51 PM »
the wrath of laker fans LOL

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #584 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 08:28 AM »
^ bakit ganyan yan?akala mo ang tagal ni Howard sa Lakers, gaya-gaya naman sila sa Cavs fans.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #585 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 09:03 AM »
fans will be fans. I don't understand the hate towards Howard though. Fans should know that it was a risk to take Howard with an expiring contract. His decision might have been different had things went well for the Lakers.

Simples: Lakers with Howard = same record with Rockets. So Rockets + Howard > Lakers

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #586 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 10:27 AM »
^ bakit ganyan yan?akala mo ang tagal ni Howard sa Lakers, gaya-gaya naman sila sa Cavs fans.

ganyan talaga ang mga fans... pera nila yan at trip nilang sunugin ang ari arian nila hehehe.

hmmm lakers will be fine in 2014-2015 or 2015-2016 season to get for next championship trophy. Pag nag champion ulit yang lakers tiyak may back to back yan :)

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #587 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 10:32 AM »
Can't blame the fans as well.  I liken that to being passionate for your team.  But there were several signs already that Howard wasn't going to return so the blow shouldn't be that hard to take.

1.  Howard said in an article he wasn't going to request MDA to be fired.    -     He would be a jerk for doing that.  Having fhe coach fired even when he knew he wasn't coming back.

2.  The Lakers was given the last slot for a meeting for them to pitch their side to Howard.     -     Kung baga saling pusa na lang. And the Team who had the best chance, came first. Parang yun na rin yun order of preference.

3.  Howard asked if ever, could Houston get another max player.

4.  Howard being indifferent to Kobe's speech about teaching Dwight how to be a winner.  -     Dedma lang si Howard.  Parang.....  Aaaahhh ok!   :D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #588 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 10:34 AM »
ganyan talaga ang mga fans... pera nila yan at trip nilang sunugin ang ari arian nila hehehe.

hmmm lakers will be fine in 2014-2015 or 2015-2016 season to get for next championship trophy. Pag nag champion ulit yang lakers tiyak may back to back yan :)

pwede din yung 2015. Mas realistic yung rebuild in 2015. Tank this year. Draft good picks in 2014 (possibly: Wiggins??!?, Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, Harrison twins, Aaron Gordon), sign decent players (NOT max players) in 2014, target Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Marc Gasol, etc in 2015. haha

Kasarap mangarap. Libreng libre. :D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #589 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 10:38 AM »
Sayang din yun jersey ni Howard as a Laker.  Baka someday it might be worth something. Like.... yun number 45 jersey ni Jordan.   ;D

TRIVIA:  Who is the only player who can command a max contract, is the top player in his position, arguably a top 5 player and the first and only player to have walked out on the Los Angeles Lakers?

Writers nga are saying that this is a first.  Nobody walks out on the Lakers.   :D

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #590 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 11:04 AM »
^^ hindi ba si KB24 yan yong lilipat sya nong 2004 ba yon hehehe..

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #591 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 11:10 AM »

TRIVIA:  Who is the only player who can command a max contract, is the top player in his position, arguably a top 5 player and the first and only player to have walked out on the Los Angeles Lakers?

the bolded part, the first and only player who commands a max contract/top player to leave the Lakers? Yep just him. There hasn't been that many who would fit that criteria. Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Kareem, Chamberlain...not that many former players in the same boat as Howard anyway.

And another article from Wojnarowski states that:

Every time you trash me to teammates, it gets back to me, witnesses said Bryant told Howard in the visiting locker room of the FedEx Forum. Every time you do one of your impersonations when I walk out of the room, I find out. Everything tumbled out of Bryant, one grievance after another, and the Lakers coaches and players sat watching the two biggest personas in the room push closer together, or irreconcilably apart.

"Kobe talked to Dwight in a way that I don't think anyone one had ever talked to him – not in Orlando, not here, not in his life, I'm betting," one witness in the room told Yahoo! Sports. "He's been coddled, and Kobe wasn't going to coddle him."

more bullets for the Kobe haters. definitely can be used to malign Kobe and blame him for Howard's departure. >:D

And maybe it really was Kobe's fault. Di talaga bagay personality nilang dalawa. In a documentary about Lebron and Kobe, sabi nga ni Lebron na introvert and quiet si Kobe whereas si Lebron loud and fun-loving. I'm thinking Lebron and Dwight share a similar personality. Masayahin. Si Kobe parang always brooding. It sure would be better if he had a better personality.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2013 at 11:11 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #592 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 11:19 AM »
sana pinalabas na lang ni Howard yung paglipat niya sa Rockets para mas maganda.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #593 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 11:29 AM »
Maganda talaga sa LA.  The weather is always cold but not too cold.  The culture is fantastic and the sights! Oh boy! Sa shopping ok rin.  Hollywood pa yan.  Kaya everybody wants to play in Los Angeles.  Kaya lang Clippers na puntahan ngayon.   :D
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2013 at 11:33 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #594 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 11:36 AM »
for now, those with title aspirations, Clippers talaga dapat i-target nila. But Sterling will probably somehow find a way to mess up his team soon enough. :D

As for the Lakers, Jimmy boy needs to prove that he's as good a team owner as his dad was. He has 2014 and probably 2015 to make a quick rebuild. 2005 to 2007 was hell years for Laker fans. Should be the same situation from this season until who knows. :D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #595 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 11:43 AM »
That's why you see Darren Collison signing and Hollins & Barnes resigning.  For the Lakers, they are targeting Lamar Odom and Chris Kaman.

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #596 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 11:49 AM »
“It was expected," Shaq said of Dwight's decision. "We've all been in L.A. and not a lot of people can handle being under the bright lights. Everybody wants to do it, but when you get there, there are certain pressures. I think it was a safe move for him (Dwight) to go to a little town like Houston.”[/b]

Well said, Shaq.  You are still, after all, the original Superman.  Not Dwight. 

Bakit siya nagBolt papuntang Miami? ;D

Common denominator? ;)

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #597 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 11:52 AM »
Bakit siya nagBolt papuntang Miami? ;D

Common denominator? ;)

Did he? Shaq was forced out di ba? Yun common denominator you are mentioning is a player?   ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #598 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 12:02 PM »
Traded. Jerry Buss was forced to choose between the two stars. Very unfortunate that they were feuding. They were one of the best 1-2 punch in the NBA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq%E2%80%93Kobe_feud

Offline fentom

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #599 on: Jul 08, 2013 at 01:19 PM »
pwede din yung 2015. Mas realistic yung rebuild in 2015. Tank this year. Draft good picks in 2014 (possibly: Wiggins??!?, Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, Harrison twins, Aaron Gordon), sign decent players (NOT max players) in 2014, target Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Marc Gasol, etc in 2015. haha

Kasarap mangarap. Libreng libre. :D

Di ata sila pwedeng mag tank this year unless protected yun picks nila. Sa Suns yun first round pick nila eh