Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 520374 times)

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 446
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #1890 on: Jan 16, 2014 at 01:22 PM »
Talo nanaman ang heat

3 game losing streak na Heat  :-[

Kala ko mahahabol 'yung 32 pts na lamang ng Wizards eh, bumaba na sa 9pts.  ;D

Naglaro pa naman si Oden.

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1891 on: Jan 16, 2014 at 01:50 PM »
Lakers don't need to tank.  They suck so bad even if they try to win, they won't.  I have never recalled any Laker team in their rich history wherein the team tried to tank...Baylor era, West era, Wilt era, Kareem era, Magic era and Shaq era. 

Yup I know. What if LAL keep failing to win in the next 10games.. baka nga naman tanking na din ????

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1892 on: Jan 16, 2014 at 02:00 PM »
I just learned today that Lance Stephenson was only earning 1M and Isiah Thomas of the Kings 800+K

http://nba.si.com/2014/01/15/isaiah-thomas-lance-stephenson-gordon-hayward-greg-monroe-nikola-vucevic/
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #1893 on: Jan 16, 2014 at 02:37 PM »
3 game losing streak na Heat  :-[

Kala ko mahahabol 'yung 32 pts na lamang ng Wizards eh, bumaba na sa 9pts.  ;D

Naglaro pa naman si Oden.

napapagod na ata manalo ang heat ah... baka madala sa playoffs... wag naman...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #1894 on: Jan 18, 2014 at 01:10 PM »
grabe si durant ngayon naka video game mode. 47 points on 17-23 fg (4-6 3pt fg) with 5+ mins still left in the 4th.
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2014 at 01:11 PM by a2 »

Offline a2

• DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
« Reply #1895 on: Jan 18, 2014 at 01:13 PM »
wowzers durant now with 52 points tying his career high. bigay na lang lagi nila sa kanya.
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2014 at 01:13 PM by a2 »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #1896 on: Jan 18, 2014 at 02:35 PM »
^ MVP so far this season. No question. Hope he finally gets it this year.
We deserve better.

Offline a2

• DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
« Reply #1897 on: Jan 18, 2014 at 03:11 PM »
^ yeah i think so too. kanina nga kala ko baka umabot pa sya ng 60. imagine he's only 25 years old and hindi pa nga siguro nag pe-peak ang laro nya eh. damn.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #1898 on: Jan 18, 2014 at 07:23 PM »
pag hindi nagka ring si kd at the end of his career..siya na kaya pinakamagaling na walang singsing?

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1899 on: Jan 18, 2014 at 08:00 PM »
malalaman natin yan kung kaya nya buhatin yung OKC sa playoffs without westbrook.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1900 on: Jan 18, 2014 at 08:01 PM »
pag hindi nagka ring si kd at the end of his career..siya na kaya pinakamagaling na walang singsing?

Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, John Stockton and Karl Malone are some Hall of Famers but also ended their careers without a Ring.

malalaman natin yan kung kaya nya buhatin yung OKC sa playoffs without westbrook.

Eventually Durant will burn himself out w/o the help of Westbrook.
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2014 at 08:02 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1901 on: Jan 18, 2014 at 09:30 PM »

While I admire KD's game and he is certainly one of the best players at the moment, I only liken him to be a better Dominique Wilkins.  But in the overall scheme of things, there are a handful of players who are more legendary and have put a stamp in the annals of basketball forever...

Stockton, Barkley, Baylor and Karl Malone come to mind first.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 446
« Reply #1902 on: Jan 19, 2014 at 08:53 AM »
LeBron’s birthday message to Wade fuels uncertainty over future with Miami Heat
Agence France-Presse · Saturday, January 18, 2014 · 1:27 pm

PHILADELPHIA – LeBron James added fuel to rumours he may leave the Miami Heat in a birthday message he sent over Instagram to teammate Dwyane Wade on Friday.

James, a four-time NBA Most Valuable Player, left the Cleveland Cavaliers to join Wade, 32 on Friday, and Chris Bosh in Miami in 2010.

But James, Wade and Bosh — each set to make more than $20 million (14.8m euros) next season — all could opt out of their contracts after this season.

“I came to Miami for 2 reasons. To play with U and to win championships and I can’t thank u enough for the sacrifice you’ve made since I arrived homie!” said James.

“No matter what happens in the future we stuck together like brothers for life.”

James has not discussed his potential free agent status while Wade has said he wants to stay with the Heat for the remainder of his NBA career.

But there has been speculation that the Heat’s dominant NBA dynasty may be coming to an end.

The Heat have made the NBA Finals in each of the past three seasons, winning the title the past two years.

This year, the Heat could become only the fourth NBA club to win three championships in a row, following the 1960s Boston Celtics, 1990s Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers from 2000-2002 and 1952-1954, the first run coming when the Lakers were based in Minneapolis.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1903 on: Jan 19, 2014 at 10:47 AM »
LeBron’s birthday message to Wade fuels uncertainty over future with Miami Heat
Agence France-Presse · Saturday, January 18, 2014 · 1:27 pm

PHILADELPHIA – LeBron James added fuel to rumours he may leave the Miami Heat in a birthday message he sent over Instagram to teammate Dwyane Wade on Friday.

James, a four-time NBA Most Valuable Player, left the Cleveland Cavaliers to join Wade, 32 on Friday, and Chris Bosh in Miami in 2010.

But James, Wade and Bosh — each set to make more than $20 million (14.8m euros) next season — all could opt out of their contracts after this season.

“I came to Miami for 2 reasons. To play with U and to win championships and I can’t thank u enough for the sacrifice you’ve made since I arrived homie!” said James.

“No matter what happens in the future we stuck together like brothers for life.”

James has not discussed his potential free agent status while Wade has said he wants to stay with the Heat for the remainder of his NBA career.

But there has been speculation that the Heat’s dominant NBA dynasty may be coming to an end.

The Heat have made the NBA Finals in each of the past three seasons, winning the title the past two years.

This year, the Heat could become only the fourth NBA club to win three championships in a row, following the 1960s Boston Celtics, 1990s Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers from 2000-2002 and 1952-1954, the first run coming when the Lakers were based in Minneapolis.

Maybe Goin back to Cleveland and win a ring could definitely proclaim him as The Prodigal Son.

^ MVP so far this season. No question. Hope he finally gets it this year.

I think Portland's LaMarus Aldrige is most deserving to be MVP for the regular season.
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2014 at 11:55 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #1904 on: Jan 19, 2014 at 10:59 AM »
i'd they finish their contract with a four-peat. what better way finish their run by becoming one of only 2 teams to win four in a row?

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1905 on: Jan 19, 2014 at 04:49 PM »
Excellent transition D by the 76ers  ;D

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #1906 on: Jan 19, 2014 at 05:30 PM »
Kevin Durant should be the clear leader in the MVP race, thus far.

His stats are up there, OKC is still among the elite and he's doing it mostly without the usual starting PG ..... plus he's playing with a very young supporting cast e.g. Jackson, Lamb, Jones, etc.

Lebron is still the king, but he and the HEAT seems to be coasting a bit - can't blame them much as they obviously value longterm health than storming on top of the standings. Besides, the EAST is so putrid, that the HEAT are almost guaranteed to finish among the top 2 even if they're in cruise control.

Aldridge & George should be MVP contenders as well ...... it's just unfortunate that Lebron & KD are clearly ahead and the obvious media darlings.

Offline a2

• DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
« Reply #1907 on: Jan 19, 2014 at 06:23 PM »
nasty.  :o

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1908 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 09:27 AM »

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #1909 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 10:19 AM »

Embiid eclipsing Wiggins as No. 1 prospect
http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/embiid-could-eclipse-wiggins-as-no-1-prospect/

#1 na sa mock draft ng DraftExpress / NBADraft.net / ESPN.

Wiggins' draft stock is going down kasi scouts are saying na he lacks the motor to be THE MAN. My top guys Gordon and Wiggins have failed to conquer college ball the way they did in high school. Embiid and Randle might be battling it out for the top pick next draft with the way things are going right now.

I'd still put my faith in Wiggins and Gordon though. You can't each athleticism (something tha Jabari doesn't have much of). As for Embiid, he can either be the next Olajuwon or...the next Kandi man. Started late in b-ball, has great potential, very raw.

Offline a2

• DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
« Reply #1910 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 10:31 AM »
As for Embiid, he can either be the next Olajuwon or...the next Kandi man. Started late in b-ball, has great potential, very raw.

or the next hasheem thabeet.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2014 at 10:31 AM by a2 »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1911 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 10:46 AM »
Olajuwon was already very skilled even in college. So Hakeem didn't really enter the draft bringing in essentially just potential.  I wonder if fhere ever was a big man who was raw in college and found success in the NBA

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1912 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 11:14 AM »
Parang unfair i-compare kay Olajuwon yan, possibly the greatest Center of all time.

Kahit si Olajuwon, di rin masyadong magaling nung freshman year nya.

Si Thabeet naman, he's was still really raw although he was a junior when he declared.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1913 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 11:16 AM »
Olajuwon was already very skilled even in college. So Hakeem didn't really enter the draft bringing in essentially just potential.  I wonder if fhere ever was a big man who was raw in college and found success in the NBA

Indeed, the dearth of low-posting bigs in the NBA, really leaves little middle ground ....... when a prospect is deemed raw in college, he usually ends up as a bust or just "serviceable" when he gets to the NBA - far too many busts the past 2 decades alone.

I'd say Zach Randolph ....... was a mid-tier prospect in college, but greatly improved his game in the pros.

Roy Hibbert is on the same path as well.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1914 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 11:26 AM »

Si Drummond. Really raw, low usage player in college.

There's more successful raw big men like Deandre, Miles Plumlee. Depends on what you mean by "raw" and "success".
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2014 at 11:42 AM by rusty »

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1915 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 11:55 AM »
nasty.  :o

Ganitong ganito ang dunk nya when I played Indiana in our PS4!  Hayup..

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1916 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 12:02 PM »
Indeed, the dearth of low-posting bigs in the NBA, really leaves little middle ground ....... when a prospect is deemed raw in college, he usually ends up as a bust or just "serviceable" when he gets to the NBA - far too many busts the past 2 decades alone.

I'd say Zach Randolph ....... was a mid-tier prospect in college, but greatly improved his game in the pros.

Roy Hibbert is on the same path as well.

Ok thanks.  Si Mutombo rin pala.  So these bigs with potential entering the draft would likely be more of a Hibbert and a Mutombo than an Olajuwon really.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1917 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 12:06 PM »
Si Drummond. Really raw, low usage player in college.

There's more successful raw big men like Deandre, Miles Plumlee. Depends on what you mean by "raw" and "success".

Those are ok bro.  So these bigs w/ potential are more likely to have a career similar to those players.  Or at best that of Hibbert, Mutombo or Randolph....the question now would be are they worth the number 1 pick?

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #1918 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 12:17 PM »
Parang unfair i-compare kay Olajuwon yan, possibly the greatest Center of all time.

Kahit si Olajuwon, di rin masyadong magaling nung freshman year nya.

Si Thabeet naman, he's was still really raw although he was a junior when he declared.

I'm not comparing him to the Dream. I'm just saying that Embiid could either become an Olajuwon or Kandiman type of player in the NBA, depending on how he develops his game. (Star or bust)

I saw a couple of Kansas games. I was looking at Wiggins at first but I noticed how Embiid runs up and down the floor. Mabilis considering his size. There are certain big men na you watch and you know they're not really built to last (Bynum, Oden) but with Embiid, he sprints like a wing player (reminds me a bit of Drummond in college). Kaya siguro bigla na lang bulusok ng draft stock. Ok din footwork nya down low.

Anyway, initially, I thought Wiggins would be a game-changer type of player pero ngayon parang Derozan or poor man's T-Mac na lang tingin ko sakanya. Walang Lebron-type, or to a lesser degree, Durant-type of talent sa next draft. Pinaka NBA-ready, IMO, si Randle and then Jabari (kulang sa defense, but reminds me of Grant Hill) and then Marcus Smart (ito parang born to be an NBA team leader).

For top 5

High risk/high reward based on Pure potential - Wiggins and Embiid
Low risk based on available skills/talent - Randle, Parker, Smart
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2014 at 12:18 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1919 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 12:20 PM »
Those are ok bro.  So these bigs w/ potential are more likely to have a career similar to those players.  Or at best that of Hibbert, Mutombo or Randolph....the question now would be are they worth the number 1 pick?

I wouldn't include Mutombo in that bunch ...... his game practically didn't change at all from the HOYAS to the NBA.

Mutombo's draft profile had always been the same - was projected to be an elite defensive stalwart albeit with limited offense (relative to the other known bigs during that era) ...... he finished his NBA career exactly as projected.

In a weak NBA draft and if a veteran team just needs to plug certain holes in it's lineup (ex. PISTONS circa 2003) ....... I'd probably pick Mutombo with the 1st overall pick.

No to Randolph and no to Hibbert.