Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 523130 times)

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #2220 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 12:25 PM »
Big come back for the east team down 18pts to win it 163-155. Kyrie or melo na to for mvp

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #2221 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM »
Lol off shooting ni Curry, Durant and Harden. Sayang effort ni BG

Offline kane

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2222 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM »
Costly yung turnover and foul ni harden.

Offline Kd Jb

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2223 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM »
Uncle Drewwwww

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2224 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 12:31 PM »
see? Kyrie Irving has the skills to elevate his game. pero ayaw nya gawin sa cleveland. i guess gusto nya na talaga umalis dun. wala syang pinapakitang urge to lift his team from mediocrity.

Offline Kd Jb

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2225 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM »
Ang lakas pala ni kyrie sayang lang lagpak cavs nya

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2226 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 12:52 PM »
Kyrie has always been a great individual talent.  Puros highlight film na nga siya.  But he can't seem to elevate his teammates.  Parang he is a good number 2 option siguro as opposed to being a franchise player.

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #2227 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 01:03 PM »
I am now convinced that the problem is with Cleveland management & coaching.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2228 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 01:10 PM »
I am now convinced that the problem is with Cleveland management & coaching.
well yeah. Even Luol Deng who never complained when he was with the Bulls already had some negative comments on the Cavs management less than a month as a Cav. But even so, the management and coaching staff can only mess you up so much. It is still upon the actual player to perform every single night. As I've seen Kyrie in a few Cavs game I watched, he completely becomes passive or disappears from the game altogether. He is a professional and regardless if his team totally sucks, there is no reason for him to not bring his "A" game on a nightly basis. So really, the problem also lies with Kyrie himself.

Offline deist

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2229 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 01:32 PM »
Kyrie is a PG, the reason why he excelled in ASG earlier today is because the teammates he passed the ball to can finish well while in the Cavs roster, who? That is also the reason why we see him ball-hogging most of the time, he can't find somebody & the defense collapse on him. The changes in the roster & coaching staff messed up the chemistry of the team as well. His fault is he is not vocal enough to say how he feels.

well yeah. Even Luol Deng who never complained when he was with the Bulls already had some negative comments on the Cavs management less than a month as a Cav. But even so, the management and coaching staff can only mess you up so much. It is still upon the actual player to perform every single night. As I've seen Kyrie in a few Cavs game I watched, he completely becomes passive or disappears from the game altogether. He is a professional and regardless if his team totally sucks, there is no reason for him to not bring his "A" game on a nightly basis. So really, the problem also lies with Kyrie himself.

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2230 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 01:45 PM »
Kyrie is a PG, the reason why he excelled in ASG earlier today is because the teammates he passed the ball to can finish well while in the Cavs roster, who? That is also the reason why we see him ball-hogging most of the time, he can't find somebody & the defense collapse on him. The changes in the roster & coaching staff messed up the chemistry of the team as well. His fault is he is not vocal enough to say how he feels.

Whoa! De Ja Vu.

*cough*MIKEBROWNSUCKS*cough*

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2231 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 01:48 PM »

Nope. I still maintain, this one is on Kyrie just as much as it is on the crappy Cavs management. As much as I dislike Lebron, he never took a night off even though he had subpar talents around him. Kobe, when he had Smush, Chris Mihm and Kwame freakin Brown on his team never took a night off.

I'm talking about that constant drive to bring your "A" game every night. If Kyrie is as talented as people make him out to be, then he definitely has no excuse whatsoever to not play as best as he can NO MATTER WHAT. I don't see him bring his "A" game every night. He can pout as much as he wants to but he is a professional who needs to do his job.

Hopefully, this ASG revitalizes him and gives him enough motivation to actually play up to the level that people expect him to play.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2232 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 01:56 PM »
Lebron, he never took a night off even though he had subpar talents around him

wow. really? :o

Offline deist

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2233 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 02:00 PM »
Well, i'm not trying to convince you sir. just like everyone else here I am just stating my opinion  ;)

Nope. I still maintain, this one is on Kyrie just as much as it is on the crappy Cavs management. As much as I dislike Lebron, he never took a night off even though he had subpar talents around him. Kobe, when he had Smush, Chris Mihm and Kwame freakin Brown on his team never took a night off.

I'm talking about that constant drive to bring your "A" game every night. If Kyrie is as talented as people make him out to be, then he definitely has no excuse whatsoever to not play as best as he can NO MATTER WHAT. I don't see him bring his "A" game every night. He can pout as much as he wants to but he is a professional who needs to do his job.

Hopefully, this ASG revitalizes him and gives him enough motivation to actually play up to the level that people expect him to play.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2234 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 02:02 PM »

What's so shocking? Lebron brought his "A" game every night.

Ilgauskas, Donyell Marshall, Boobie Gibson, Larry Hughes, Mo Wiliams (his number 2) and other subpar talents. LOL. Only blind haters will say that those were very talented guys

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2235 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 04:24 PM »

hindi nya ata gets yong msg hehehehe

Lebron always brought an A game

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2236 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 04:33 PM »
hindi nya ata gets yong msg hehehehe

Lebron always brought an A game

hehe now I'm lost. It's either he doubted my statement na Lebron brought his best every night or that the talent around him was terrible. Or both?

Either way, didn't Lebron bring it every game when he was in Cleveland and didn't he play with lackluster talents?

***i understand the knock on Lebron na nawawala during 4th quarters of crucial Finals games nung nasa Heat though. I'm referring to his Cavs stint na ang sagwa ng situation nya but he did not decide to take a night off like Kyrie does in Cleveland. :D

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2237 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 04:37 PM »
Until now, off night for LBJ still means a more than average game stat. That still count as an A game.

Offline prototypeone

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 199
« Reply #2238 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 10:13 PM »
Bill Russell response to LeBron James:

"Thank you for leaving me off your Mount Rushmore. I'm glad you did. Basketball is a team game, it's not for individual honors. I won back-to-back state championships in high school, back-to-back NCAA championships in college. I won an NBA championship my first year in the league, an NBA championship my last year and nine in between and that Mr. James is etched in stone"
Say hello to my little friend!

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2239 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 07:45 AM »
^^ ang sarap e translate yan sa tagalog... GOAT talaga yan si Bill Russell :)

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2240 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 08:27 AM »
mas natakot ata siya kila Magic and Bird hehe...

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2241 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 09:13 AM »
Guys like Bill Russell and Kareem usually don't get the props that they deserve. They were not flashy players kaya hindi masiyado maaalala yan. Pero they really were great players that should never be overlooked.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2242 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 11:55 AM »
Kyrie has always been a great individual talent.  Puros highlight film na nga siya.  But he can't seem to elevate his teammates.  Parang he is a good number 2 option siguro as opposed to being a franchise player.

Well, just like LBJ he needs to team up with one or a couple of star players to maximize his talents.  Kyrie to the Lakers and teaming up with Kevin Love and Kobe sounds good to me ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2243 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM »
Well, just like LBJ he needs to team up with one or a couple of star players to maximize his talents.  Kyrie to the Lakers and teaming up with Kevin Love and Kobe sounds good to me ;D

With Kobe's salary, the Lakers can only afford one other max player.  Then the rest of the line up would be 1 MLE, rookie contracts and vet minimum players.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2244 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 01:54 PM »
Di ko talaga maalala kung san ko nakuha yung kyrie is the next Kobe.

Yan lang atah yon, interested lang ang Lakers kay Kyrie atah. :)

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #2245 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 02:08 PM »
happy 51st g.o.a.t.!

From fb- The Jordan Era Bill Russell Has Great Response to Being Left off LeBron
James' Mount Rushmore Hey, thank you for leaving me off your Mount Rushmore. I’m glad you did. Basketball is a team game, it’s not for individual honors. I won back-to-back state championships in high school, back-to-back NCAA championships in college, I won an NBA championship my first year in the league, an NBA championship in my last year, and nine in between. That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.

LeBron James"Well, obviously, (I have) the utmost respect for Bill Russell, and what he's been able to do. Not only just
on the floor, but off the floor, too. Being a pioneer that helped me get to this point, he paved the way for myself
and guys who came after him. Hopefully I continue to do (that) for the guys who come after me. But for me to comment on his comments, I really don't want to do that. He has his own opinions, he is his own man. I'm my own man,too." "It's a true statement. I mean, the facts are the facts. That's what I believe in myself. Once again, these are my personal goals. I don't care where no one puts me as far as best ever, or analysts, or so-called gurus of basketball place me when I'm done. These are my personal goals. I believe I could be one of the best, if not the best, to ever play this game. And that's my personal goal. If someone wants to throw dirt on my personal goals, then they have a problem, not me."

I replied- lebron =cabron, goat not g.o.a.t. & other meanings apply too
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2014 at 02:15 PM by ojofool »

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2246 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 02:22 PM »
kobe's mt.rushmore. He learned na  http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=10468395&city=losangeles&src=desktop&wjb

wala c cabron, si bill nandun

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2247 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 02:25 PM »
Di ko talaga maalala kung san ko nakuha yung kyrie is the next Kobe.

Baka si DeMar DeRozan yung tinutukoy mo?

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2248 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 02:33 PM »
Finally, being put on Mount Rushmore requires more than
sheer basketball greatness. It also requires character, class
and an ability to be modest and gracious.

http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport/basketball/50741-holding-court-nba-mount-rushmore

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2249 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 03:53 PM »
With Kobe's salary, the Lakers can only afford one other max player.  Then the rest of the line up would be 1 MLE, rookie contracts and vet minimum players.

ayan talaga inaabangan ng LAL fans this year.. kung anong madadagdag at sino ang mawawala sa Lakers :)

hoping contender na LAL to be Top3 team next season :)