Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 520346 times)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #2550 on: Mar 13, 2014 at 05:40 PM »
I like the Clippers chances.
I like them facing OKC in the western semis.
By adding much depth with Granger and Davis to their front line, all i hope is their backcourt can get healthy with Reddick back by playoff time.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2551 on: Mar 13, 2014 at 07:40 PM »
Actually big market teams have more potential income-wise than smaller market teams.  While winning surely helps, it's not the deciding factor in the overall scheme of things.  Kahit talunan, New York still offers more potential income for a player.  Mas marami pa rin television exposure ang Knicks kahit talunan compared to smaller market teams.  Mas marami pa rin nationally televised games equal to more national exposure.  So kahit talunan yun team, mas sisikat ka not only in the US, but around the world.  So mas malawak ang exposure mo sa buong mundo...mas kilala ka...more endorsement potential.  Marami din opportunities to be connected sa Showbiz.  NY probably only comes second to LA when you want to enter or start an entertainment company and guest star in TV series and movies...another avenue for more exposure.

Then ang Knicks are one of the richest teams in the league sa Forbes list.  More connections and job opportunities even after your playing days. 

Bukod pa sa business aspect, nasa NY at LA din ang mga magagandang tsikas. Maraming mga bar at night club para sa night life ng isang single na atletang milyonaryo. Maraming magagandang restaurant, stage plays, live shows at educational institutions para sa pamilya. Di masyadong factor ang malaking tax at high cost of living, unless na fringe NBA player ka lang. Very easy sell.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #2552 on: Mar 13, 2014 at 09:50 PM »
I agree, potentially mas malaki pwedeng kitain ng isang player if mapunta sa big market city. I'm basing my opinion on D-Ho's statements though. It came from that article where it was reported that he gave Melo advice on free agency.

Tsaka I'm thinking more like Houston and not some crappy place like Milwaukee or Minny when I consider the market size difference. Or some place na mababa income tax or none at all.

Lastly, personally lang, if ako yung NBA player na di naman superstar/role player lang, tax will matter to me kahit millions pa kita ko IF wala naman akong big endorsements to offset that. But that's just me.

Para sa aking lang, kung ako papipiliin sa mga big markets, una LA then Miami and then NYC/Chicago na. *kasali na sa factor yung weather.haha

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2553 on: Mar 13, 2014 at 10:01 PM »
Lastly, personally lang, if ako yung NBA player na di naman superstar/role player lang, tax will matter to me kahit millions pa kita ko IF wala naman akong big endorsements to offset that. But that's just me.

Pero napansin ko, inaadjust din ng organization yun offer sa player if the state doesn't charge income tax.  So parang  ganun din yun magiging offer ng team na may state income tax.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #2554 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 06:14 AM »
Pero napansin ko, inaadjust din ng organization yun offer sa player if the state doesn't charge income tax.  So parang  ganun din yun magiging offer ng team na may state income tax.

Ah, that I didn't know. Naalala ko lang yung time na free agent si Odom nung nasa Lakers pa siya and Lakers fans were fearful na pupunta siya ng Miami kasi almost the same offer lang pero walang income tax sa florida e.

Baka mas ok pa si Odom now if he went to Miami in 2009.

But yeah based on the link below, adjusted nga yung offer pero more guaranteed money.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=4367213&src=desktop

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2555 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 08:45 AM »
Nash done for the season/ or done for his career?
May be one last dance with the Heat can make it worthwhile.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline vortex1

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #2556 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 09:03 AM »
Nash done for the season/ or done for his career?
May be one last dance with the Heat can make it worthwhile.

Lakers’ Steve Nash, out for the season, says he won’t retire because ‘I want the money’
http://nba.si.com/2014/03/13/steve-nash-lakers-retirement-injury-update/

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2557 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 10:34 AM »
why wouldnt he, earning millions by just sitting around? hehe.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2558 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 11:40 AM »
Didn't see the Rockets vs Bulls game but it seems like Thibs is squeezing out every ounce of juice he can from his team. Lamog yung Rockets. Nakakabilib. Hope they do some real damage in the Playoffs.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2559 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 11:50 AM »
Didn't see the Rockets vs Bulls game but it seems like Thibs is squeezing out every ounce of juice he can from his team. Lamog yung Rockets. Nakakabilib. Hope they do some real damage in the Playoffs.

Magaling makasilat un Bulls under Coach Thibs.
Problem is more of consistency playing aganist a team in a 7 game series.
Sayang hnd nakabalik ng maayos si Rose or they would have given the Pacers and Heat problems securing the top seed in the East.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #2560 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 12:02 PM »

yan nga nagiging problema nila sa playoffs e,nasosobrahan ng piga,when it counts ubos na. :D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2561 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM »
haha

yun lang. Wag lang mapiga ng todo sa regular season. Lalo na si Noah for sure, pigang piga na yan by the end of the season, buto't balat na lang matitira.

Gayahin nila Spurs. Chillax lang, cruise control lang most of the time pero sa Playoffs, pigaan time. haha

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2562 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 01:10 PM »
The Heat also like to cruise along as their talents are overwhelming with LBJ and Wade.
They may not be playing excellent ball but they are still on top of the standings.

Spurs playing wise resting their old Big 3 prolonging their career while giving their bench the much needed exposures to get them ready for the playoffs.
So far Patty Mills has been filling up the shoes left by Gary Neal.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #2563 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 01:11 PM »
yan nga nagiging problema nila sa playoffs e,nasosobrahan ng piga,when it counts ubos na. :D

Exactly. I've watched many BULLS games, and Thibs ALWAYS keeps his best players on the floor til the game ends, even in blowout games. Extremely foolish in today's game IMO.

Anyone can appreciate the drive and enthusiasm, but for chrissakes, when the game is all but over, give the main guys some rest ....... look at the top teams that micro-manage PT for their main guys (HEAT, SPURS & to some extent, the THUNDER), they develop their young talent (Cole, Lamb, Jackson, Green, Leonard, etc) and still contend in the playoffs.

I wont be surprised if guys like Noah & Butler have shortened careers ...... to this day, more than a few are blaming Thibs for DRose's injuries.

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2564 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 01:47 PM »
Exactly. I've watched many BULLS games, and Thibs ALWAYS keeps his best players on the floor til the game ends, even in blowout games. Extremely foolish in today's game IMO.

Anyone can appreciate the drive and enthusiasm, but for chrissakes, when the game is all but over, give the main guys some rest ....... look at the top teams that micro-manage PT for their main guys (HEAT, SPURS & to some extent, the THUNDER), they develop their young talent (Cole, Lamb, Jackson, Green, Leonard, etc) and still contend in the playoffs.

I wont be surprised if guys like Noah & Butler have shortened careers ...... to this day, more than a few are blaming Thibs for DRose's injuries.

totally agree.

I really don't get his point bakit kelangan ibabad mga star players nya especially pag decided na yung game either way.I blame Thibs for Rose's parang never ending injuries actually.

alangan naman kasing ipasok ka tas uupo ka katabi ng cameraman na lang as ayaw mong masaktan or mapagod ;D

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2565 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 02:37 PM »
Can't blame Thibs coz the Bulls are trying to hang on the 4th seed and should they played relax, they'll probably be 7th or 8th in standings.
Obviously they wana survive the 1st round of the playoffs and the only way is to maintain the 4th seed and play the 5th seed and hopefully advance to play the #1 seed in the eastern semis.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Seryo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2566 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 07:27 PM »
Si Thibs matagal ng issue sakanya yan eh 2011 pa lang naririnig ko na yung mga usapan about him over using his stars. Dati naalala ko pinaka gamit jan si Deng. Naalala nyo injury ni Rose nung kalaban sixers? End game na yun, panalo na Bulls pero binababad pa din si Rose. Pero di mo din masisi is Thibs kasi playoffs na yun. They wanna finish strong e.

Same old story ang bulls, galing sa regular season = first round exit.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2567 on: Mar 15, 2014 at 07:19 PM »
I just noticed the return of Eric Bledsoe doesn't favor Gerald Green.
Green was already playing like an all star and now his playing time will be lessen with Bledsoe around.
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2014 at 07:29 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #2568 on: Mar 16, 2014 at 08:18 AM »
I'm in complete agreement with many sportswriters - that Phil Jackson & the KNICKS will be a disaster in the making; at the very least a complete dud.

To begin with, Phil Jackson isn't into micro-management - he mostly relied on the backs of others ex. Krause, West & Kupchak for getting the top players ...... by default or through selection, it's always been laid-out for Phil Jackson wherever he goes.

As for coaching, you'd think the supposed greatest-coach-of-all-time would have taught his many assistant-coaches a thing or two ..... yet all of his assistants have been complete failures in the NBA - Hamblen (retired), Cleamons (banished to China), Rambis (was paid to leave T'WOLVES), Hunter (replaced) & Shaw (NUGGETS to miss playoffs after a long time).

If James Dolan was willing to spend $12M/year to get Jackson ....... why not spend it trying to pirate other known commodities.

Sa bagay, this is Dolan ......  ;)

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2569 on: Mar 16, 2014 at 09:35 AM »
Olats natalo pa nets sa wizards. They were leading almost the entire time and then naka 3 si gooden. Tsk tsk.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #2570 on: Mar 16, 2014 at 10:21 AM »
I'm in complete agreement with many sportswriters - that Phil Jackson & the KNICKS will be a disaster in the making; at the very least a complete dud.

To begin with, Phil Jackson isn't into micro-management - he mostly relied on the backs of others ex. Krause, West & Kupchak for getting the top players ...... by default or through selection, it's always been laid-out for Phil Jackson wherever he goes.

As for coaching, you'd think the supposed greatest-coach-of-all-time would have taught his many assistant-coaches a thing or two ..... yet all of his assistants have been complete failures in the NBA - Hamblen (retired), Cleamons (banished to China), Rambis (was paid to leave T'WOLVES), Hunter (replaced) & Shaw (NUGGETS to miss playoffs after a long time).

If James Dolan was willing to spend $12M/year to get Jackson ....... why not spend it trying to pirate other known commodities.

Sa bagay, this is Dolan ......  ;)

Same here. PJax is a great coach but may not be a good GM.
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2571 on: Mar 16, 2014 at 06:35 PM »
Who knows?
If there's a rookie coach there can also be a rookie GM.
I'm sure PhilJax will do well despite all the negative criticisms surrounding his appointment as Knicks GM.

Andrew Bynum played another solid game for the Pacers with 15 pts and 9 boards against the Piston's frontline.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #2572 on: Mar 16, 2014 at 09:33 PM »
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #2575 on: Mar 18, 2014 at 05:03 PM »
haha parang ogag lang si Lucas ;D

Utah Ungazz ;D Siguradong nasa Shaqtin' A Fool 'yan.
We deserve better.

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2576 on: Mar 18, 2014 at 05:26 PM »
21 straight for Philly
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2577 on: Mar 18, 2014 at 07:44 PM »
21 straight for Philly

The tank force is strong in this one

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2578 on: Mar 18, 2014 at 08:43 PM »
21 straight for Philly

Balak pa ata nila ibreak record ng cleveland. Haha

Offline Seryo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2579 on: Mar 18, 2014 at 11:20 PM »
So kapag natalo ang GS at nanalo pa ng isa ang Mavs tie na sila sa 6th?