Author Topic: Your Thoughts on Philippine Audio Stores?  (Read 113955 times)

Offline Archangel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Your Thoughts on Philippine Audio Stores?
« Reply #300 on: Dec 06, 2003 at 07:52 PM »
Mr. Redkoji,

I got a NAD from AV Surfer in Cebu.  Problem is the batteries supplied with the remote leaked and rendered some buttons inoperable.  Gave it to AV Surfer who forwarded it your office.  Got it back still defective!!!  Called Studio Systems again talked to a PJ Tuico who promised to look into it and hinted at a replacement.  Two weeks later I called again to follow up and Mr. Tuico apparently had no recollection of my report.  I don't know if you have been notified of this but please give me a replacement.  I chose the NAD over a Rotel 931 precisely because of the darned thing!

Archangel

Offline Windrider

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #301 on: Dec 11, 2003 at 10:53 AM »
Well, Sir Redkoji, i was only able to go to AVsurfer store in ATC. Maganda mga display ninyo, daming products na pagpipilian, lalo na ngayon, you started carrying Philips brands.  Your sales people there are nice. Like the person I am dealing with. His name is Ronald. Sa Kanya ko lahat binili yong NAD products ko eh. The 2 receivers and the DVD player. His after sales service is Okay. The first time I bought the DVD player t562, after 2 days  there was a problem, noong dinala ko sa kanya, he replaced the unit with a new one. Then when there was a problem  with my player  3 weeks ago, sa kanya ko dinala. After 2 weeks, naayos naman, So i guess the after sales service of AVsurfer in ATC is very good. Kasi ako, when I am buying something am very particular about the after sales service!!!

Offline Jermi

• Collector
  • I'm a llamat!
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 10:18 PM »
« Reply #85 on: Oct 14, 2002 at 10:04 PM »      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Audition Experiences...

Today was officially the first day that I lost the virginity of my ears as I went around to audition some equipment.  One fault of mine was I did not heed everybody's suggestion of bringing my own DVD.  But here are some of my feedback, more of experiences with the stores, less of my experiences with the equipment. =)

First Shop that I went to: (forgot the name, the person who assisted my also forgot to write down the name of the store, he only had his number and name [Rey de Vera]...)
Mordaunt Short (Fronts, center, sorround and subs), Yamaha 620's.  Watched Eagles' Hell Freezes Over and Kiss of the Dragon.  Noticed that the right sorround had nothing coming out, mentioned this to the guy and he just said "meron yan..." turns out his connections were wrong.  Also turns out that some of the models that he wrote down weren't the ones that were being used...ang labo ng tindahan na toh!  Somehow, I felt that the guy was doing me a huge favor for letting me audtion--what gives?

Sound Dimension
This Eugene guy was okay, perfunctorily helpful.  But as I noticed that he was consulting someone else whom I was assuming was the owner, I decided to strike up a conversation with the owner.  Lo and behold: one of those I'm-opening-my-mouth-and-doing-you-a-huge-favor type of thing.  I mean, gosh, here I am walking around literally wanting to park my near 100K hard-earned money and I have these people who are treating me like I'm buying tinapa!  What gives?!

Sights & Sounds
Was assisted by this Freddie guy.  I mentioned that I was interested in their Yammies and wanted to audition them.  He went throught the "heavy" motions of moving my preferred equipment back and forth.  You could see that these people AREN'T making enough commissions.  In fact, while I was already speaking to him and specifying the equipment that I wanted to audition, one of the sales ladies was still sitting pretty in the couch busy READING a magazine, not even bothering to look up at us!  Grabe talaga ang Park Square gang...a little customer empathy naman, a little common courtesy.  I mean, I get more polite treatment from the parking attendants for crying out loud!!!!

Upscale Audio
Had a certain Nani to contend with.  Service was not any significant improvement from the cr*ppy treatment that I received from the friggin' stores above.  Auditioned their Denon 1802 with their PSB's, Velodyne CHT10, his total quote to me was P104k++

Architectural Audio
Buti na lang, I chose to end my day at Nico's New World Nook.  It was a delight and a pleasant experience to finally speak with someone who treats customers properly, he was intelligent, helpful, attentive and warm.  Auditioned his Denon 1802's with JBL Xti 20, Xti Center ---->pretty good.  Also tried his Infinity Alpha 20 ---> not as good as his JBL's.  Gosh, I really wished this shop had a wider range of products to offer, I would gladly pay a premium just to get the service and respect that he gives to clients.  Iba talaga pag may ari ang kausap mo.  Nico also suggested that I NOT get floorstanders, its gonna be "too boomy" daw for my small room.  You guys agree or disagree?  He also suggested that I get real expensive cables, as in 300++/meter, ganyan ba talaga kamahal ang cable?!

Hyperaudio
Was really suprised by the shop, was NOTHING I expected an HT shop to be, no offense meant Rene, at least managed expectations for the potential visitors.  Rene is nice and accomodating, kaya lang may taong grasa na medyo may topak nasa labas, kakatakot tuloy lumabas ng kotse.  Anyway, thanks Rene.

Image (Harrizon Plaza)
Spoke with Alex.  Very accomodating.  Best prices in the country   da best!

Home Theatre
Sonny Tuazon.  His authority on HT and his articulation of his knowledge not only borders on arrogance, his is very comfortably esconced in his realm of HT deity.  He should be more patient with newbies even if we insist on "stupid" combinations, rather than insist on customers taking his word as gospel truth, he should encourage them to listen for themselves and make their own conclusions!

I wanted to hear the B&W 601's but he only had a RX-V430 hooked up.  When I insisted on listening to the 601's he goes, "taga PinoyDVD ka noh?  Ang titigas ng ulo ng mga tao diyan eh, kung tutuosin, mga begginers lang naman yan eh..."    When I requested that we use higher powered AMPs, he goes, mahirap ang mga wiring eh...grrrrrrrrrrr! What a total jerk!

Finally, he didn't want to give me ANY written qutoations ..nothing...all he said was "sige lang, canvass ka lang ng canvass tapos, AKO ang ihuli mo, ako nang bahala!"

(two days later)

"Mr. Tuazon, magkano last price mo ng 601 s3?" says Jermi.  "Ah...hanggang P14,XXX lang eh..." says Mr. Tuazon almost hesitatingly.  
"Sir, mukang talo kayo ah..."  I said.
"Eh, hirap kasi ng ibang tindahan, P100 lang kinikita...Chinese kasi"...
If you can't compete, you can at least avoid making racist remarks, Mr. Tuazon.  

Offline gren

• Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: Jan 30, 2004 at 08:14 AM »
After visiting and auditioning at AV stores for the past few months, I'd have to say that my experiences have been generally positive.  Not that I did not have my share of nasty experiences, just nothing that came close to the Ceratec incident some of our PinoyDVD members went through.

One thing that peeved me though, is this tendency of merchants to dismiss products they don't carry as inferior, or faulty or whatnot.  Understandably, you won't carry a product if you don't believe in the product's superiority, but you can assert your product's superiority without having to say negative things about other products.

On the whole, I'd have to say that my experience in auditioning AV equipment ended up better than my experience in canvassing for computer equipment (better than what I expected, in fact).  Granted that AV equipment normally cost much more than computer equipment, at least I did not have to deal with salesladies with 0 knowledge on the product they carry (and have the arrogance to assume that you're on the wrong, and that you're talking nonsense).  Most of the salespeople I've talked to are generally ok, although some of them you'd really have to try to be nice to, before they 'warm up' to you.  

What's the best shop for me? Well, it probably will be the shop that I layed my hard earned cash on.  Although there were times that I wish that I could've bought from all the salespeople who sold their products excellently, but this is rather impractical (especially when it comes to returns, which will be the TRUE test of a merchant's customer service ability).

I'm going to give kudos to Architechtural Audio (Nico), Spectra (Jim and Nino) and Sights and Sounds (Tina in Park Square) for being nice and accomodating to all my queries.  I won't be mentioning the negative experiences I had to go through (hehe Jermi :>), but I'm sure you folks can, with a little detective work, see for yourself which particular shops I'm referring to.

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: Jan 30, 2004 at 09:31 AM »
« Reply #85 on: Oct 14, 2002 at 10:04 PM »      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Audition Experiences...

Today was officially the first day that I lost the virginity of my ears as I went around to audition some equipment.  One fault of mine was I did not heed everybody's suggestion of bringing my own DVD.  But here are some of my feedback, more of experiences with the stores, less of my experiences with the equipment. =)

First Shop that I went to: (forgot the name, the person who assisted my also forgot to write down the name of the store, he only had his number and name [Rey de Vera]...)
Mordaunt Short (Fronts, center, sorround and subs), Yamaha 620's.  Watched Eagles' Hell Freezes Over and Kiss of the Dragon.  Noticed that the right sorround had nothing coming out, mentioned this to the guy and he just said "meron yan..." turns out his connections were wrong.  Also turns out that some of the models that he wrote down weren't the ones that were being used...ang labo ng tindahan na toh!  Somehow, I felt that the guy was doing me a huge favor for letting me audtion--what gives?

Sound Dimension
This Eugene guy was okay, perfunctorily helpful.  But as I noticed that he was consulting someone else whom I was assuming was the owner, I decided to strike up a conversation with the owner.  Lo and behold: one of those I'm-opening-my-mouth-and-doing-you-a-huge-favor type of thing.  I mean, gosh, here I am walking around literally wanting to park my near 100K hard-earned money and I have these people who are treating me like I'm buying tinapa!  What gives?!

Sights & Sounds
Was assisted by this Freddie guy.  I mentioned that I was interested in their Yammies and wanted to audition them.  He went throught the "heavy" motions of moving my preferred equipment back and forth.  You could see that these people AREN'T making enough commissions.  In fact, while I was already speaking to him and specifying the equipment that I wanted to audition, one of the sales ladies was still sitting pretty in the couch busy READING a magazine, not even bothering to look up at us!  Grabe talaga ang Park Square gang...a little customer empathy naman, a little common courtesy.  I mean, I get more polite treatment from the parking attendants for crying out loud!!!!

Upscale Audio
Had a certain Nani to contend with.  Service was not any significant improvement from the cr*ppy treatment that I received from the friggin' stores above.  Auditioned their Denon 1802 with their PSB's, Velodyne CHT10, his total quote to me was P104k++

Architectural Audio
Buti na lang, I chose to end my day at Nico's New World Nook.  It was a delight and a pleasant experience to finally speak with someone who treats customers properly, he was intelligent, helpful, attentive and warm.  Auditioned his Denon 1802's with JBL Xti 20, Xti Center ---->pretty good.  Also tried his Infinity Alpha 20 ---> not as good as his JBL's.  Gosh, I really wished this shop had a wider range of products to offer, I would gladly pay a premium just to get the service and respect that he gives to clients.  Iba talaga pag may ari ang kausap mo.  Nico also suggested that I NOT get floorstanders, its gonna be "too boomy" daw for my small room.  You guys agree or disagree?  He also suggested that I get real expensive cables, as in 300++/meter, ganyan ba talaga kamahal ang cable?!

Hyperaudio
Was really suprised by the shop, was NOTHING I expected an HT shop to be, no offense meant Rene, at least managed expectations for the potential visitors.  Rene is nice and accomodating, kaya lang may taong grasa na medyo may topak nasa labas, kakatakot tuloy lumabas ng kotse.  Anyway, thanks Rene.

Image (Harrizon Plaza)
Spoke with Alex.  Very accomodating.  Best prices in the country   da best!

Home Theatre
Sonny Tuazon.  His authority on HT and his articulation of his knowledge not only borders on arrogance, his is very comfortably esconced in his realm of HT deity.  He should be more patient with newbies even if we insist on "stupid" combinations, rather than insist on customers taking his word as gospel truth, he should encourage them to listen for themselves and make their own conclusions!

I wanted to hear the B&W 601's but he only had a RX-V430 hooked up.  When I insisted on listening to the 601's he goes, "taga PinoyDVD ka noh?  Ang titigas ng ulo ng mga tao diyan eh, kung tutuosin, mga begginers lang naman yan eh..."    When I requested that we use higher powered AMPs, he goes, mahirap ang mga wiring eh...grrrrrrrrrrr! What a total jerk!

Finally, he didn't want to give me ANY written qutoations ..nothing...all he said was "sige lang, canvass ka lang ng canvass tapos, AKO ang ihuli mo, ako nang bahala!"

(two days later)

"Mr. Tuazon, magkano last price mo ng 601 s3?" says Jermi.  "Ah...hanggang P14,XXX lang eh..." says Mr. Tuazon almost hesitatingly.  
"Sir, mukang talo kayo ah..."  I said.
"Eh, hirap kasi ng ibang tindahan, P100 lang kinikita...Chinese kasi"...
If you can't compete, you can at least avoid making racist remarks, Mr. Tuazon.  

hi jermi - just curious as to why you sould re-post this... it has been more than a year. did you have another run in with the people involved?

they could have changed since then  :)

ty
money is best spent

Offline Jermi

• Collector
  • I'm a llamat!
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: Jan 31, 2004 at 01:30 AM »
Hi Ice.

Maybe the two posts above you are related somehow  ;)

Offline gren

• Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: Feb 02, 2004 at 04:56 PM »
Haha, blind item in the internet age :> Some things never change, eh?

Offline Toquero

• Collector
  • I'm mastah !!!
  • Liked:
Re: What Are your Thoughts on Phlippine Audio Stor
« Reply #307 on: Feb 04, 2004 at 01:15 PM »
Audio Den is at G. Araneta near Toyota Quezon Avenue (kung saan maraming funeraria).  If you are along G. Araneta facing towards E. Rodriguez/SM Centerpoint, Audio Den is on your right.  Meron din sa QC en route to Fairview.  I think meron din sa Alabang but I'm not sure.  Telephone numbers are 7325173, 7421172.  The nice stuff (ProAc, Audio Analogue, Electrocompaniet) are in the 2nd floor.

DCM is in Cubao.  Call them for an exact address:  9115903, 9123979, 9123771, 9114344, 9123979.

Come on, guys and gals, pls. share your thoughts on the other stores like the one in Harrison Plaza and those at Makati Cinema Square.

Opinions on provincial stores welcome, too.  I bought my first system from Tata Salgado of Sound Advice in Bacolod.  Nice guy, nice place but I think it closed years ago.  I saw some hi-fi in Cebu and Cagayan de Oro, too but I don't remember the stores anymore.

ok to srart it out. Sa business kasi ng audio /video ala ring kasing pinag kaiba sa bentahan ng celfone. Medyo conjested na rin yung market nila not unlike 3 years way bak kaunti lang sila. Yung ibang nag engage sa audio /video merchandise dating nag bebenta ng mga (mind me the words) pekendots na electronic items galing taiwan and China. Since yung ibang brands natin sa audio/video ay gawang china/ taiwan na rin , kinuha na nila rin ang bentahan kahit hindi sila authorised kaya pagdating sa after sales talo sila. Usually mga negotiante nag lolocal purchase lang iyan sa isang tindahan na meron nit at imarkup nalang nila . Kaya lang minsan sila sila rin nagsisiraan. kesyo mahal ang presyo tapos sila mura tapos bago kanila kesyo sa iba refurbished you'll never know talaga unless gamitin mo ito at kung tumagal sa iyo ok siya.

I often discourage other friends of mine na bumili sa mga tindahan na tumatangap ng tradein units ba... dahil malaki ang chances na galing sa tradein items yung bibilhin mo worse refurbished/repaired pa especially sa speakers and recievers. Malungkot man isipin pero yung ang karamihan nangyayari....

I would not mention specific stores para di ako lumabas na biased. Pero to give you a hint yang ibang tindahan  mga nasa Park square magkakakilala yan pagdating sa trade business alam nila kung saan at ano yung units na ibinebenta nila ay luma o bago. Nasa sales talk na alng nila iyon para maconvince ka nilang kunin yung unit. Ala rin silang pinagkaiba sa ibang raon stores.

One scenario is " Sir, benta ko sa inyo ng sale/ mura ala nang box kasi display namin ito" pero kung nagmamatyag ka halos lahat naman na naka display kung bago ito itinatago yung box.....

Isa pa" sir may center speaker akong  sobra sa order bilin mo na lang" pero tignan mo ulit itong center speaker na ito ay hindi nabibili na wala yung surround package niya, get's mo ninyo ibig kong sabihin?...

So piece of advice, kasi honestly naranasan ko itong attempt na offers na ito, nakakainis pero gaunun talaga.
I you are planning to buy a unit on these circle of stores, iresearch ninyo muna yung products sa internet website nila kung saan ito ginawa at yung mga authorised distributor ba sila?... Kung hindi man sino ang main supplier nila.

Minsan yung items na mura masyado ang price ang minsn ang kdalasan mahina after sales support nila.

And lastly , don't hesitate to ask opinions of others especially sa mga forum na ito it would greatly help talaga. Although may ibang opinion na medyo di angkop sa iyo at least you can get a trend on things....

More power to you all...
HK2550/Denon DVD3800 /B&W603/LCR60/CHT 10-R/DM303

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #308 on: Feb 04, 2004 at 01:50 PM »
i did saw a couple of w/o box "demo" receiver in the parksquare area.

my experience

Listening in Style-bought a handful of things there, theres one guy, who's a little bit on the mayabang side,
i asked for a entry level speaker and he showed 30-40k speaker, tapos isang tanong isang sagot pa kami para bang i wasting his time. other than him ok yung ibang staffs, naka neck ties pa.

Sights and Sound & B&W shang
couteous and knowing staff.
competitive prices.

Listening Room
laging busy ang tao dun, lalo na yung mahilig mag playstation

SPECTRA
jim is nice and knows a lot.
masikip lang space

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: Feb 04, 2004 at 04:43 PM »
isang tanong isang sagot

na-experience ko na din itong "isang tanong isang sagot"... once na-observe ko din ginagawa ito ng isang sales rep sa isang customer with matching kulubot ng bibig.

isa lang mangyayari sa ganitong sitwasyon, yung customer na kaka-withdraw lang sa ATM ay bibili sa iba.

meron kasing mga customer na hindi masyado matanong dahil nire-research muna lahat ng info sa internet bago titignan sa store... kung matanong, ibig sabihin bibili... minsan kasi yun pang butas ang pantalon ang may laman ang wallet.

Offline s2kov

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: Feb 04, 2004 at 04:57 PM »
That would reflect naman on their image. One good thing on this forum is we all know where to go to when we have money to buy the gears we're eyeing.... 8) 8) 8)

na-experience ko na din itong "isang tanong isang sagot"... once na-observe ko din ginagawa ito ng isang sales rep sa isang customer with matching kulubot ng bibig.

isa lang mangyayari sa ganitong sitwasyon, yung customer na kaka-withdraw lang sa ATM ay bibili sa iba.

meron kasing mga customer na hindi masyado matanong dahil nire-research muna lahat ng info sa internet bago titignan sa store... kung matanong, ibig sabihin bibili... minsan kasi yun pang butas ang pantalon ang may laman ang wallet.

Offline gren

• Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Feb 05, 2004 at 09:08 AM »
Hmm, selling trade-ins as brand new?  That never occurred to me (though I make it a point to buy my mobile phones from big shops like semicon, nevermind the huge markup),  I thought its something endemic to mobile phones and computers.

Spectra seems to be pretty legit, they got me a brand new unit when i got my receiver.  My only beef was that the speakers were not sealed (they were 'sealed' but it looked resealed).  I brought home the speakers I auditioned (would've been more satisfying if I got sealed new units but they were short on stock).

I'm just wondering about the disparity between the prices offered by Upscale Audio compared to other shops.  Their Velodynes were quite expensive and I heard their AE's were the same.  The difference in price does not seem to be the result of simple mark up. I think they have a different supplier (or might be the actual supplier, but they have their prices higher to 'protect' their retailers).

Offline Toquero

• Collector
  • I'm mastah !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: Feb 05, 2004 at 09:58 AM »
Well anyone in the forum knows a store in makati area or any audio/video stores that actually gives the customer the warranty certificate that you purchased from them. Mine I got it from park quare area but they didn't give me any certificate of warranty /ownership and like, instead they told me to present lang the official reciept to them if problems encoutered. Strange pero di ba dapat lahat ng electronic equipment meron nun especially sa recievers which cost us an investment.....
HK2550/Denon DVD3800 /B&W603/LCR60/CHT 10-R/DM303

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Feb 05, 2004 at 11:16 AM »
Same experience lately.  They told me to just present the sales receipt when claiming warranty.  Before I remember being asked to fill-out the warranty cards which their sales guy would tear out for their records.  At anyr rate, I sometimes go to the webiste of the brand I buy and register the seriial numbers myself.  So far none  have replied back to me saying the numbers are bogus.  Or are they getting them at all?

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Feb 05, 2004 at 11:29 AM »
Hi Ice.

Maybe the two posts above you are related somehow  ;)

that's cool - although i have only had excellent service at Mr Sonny's store  ;)
money is best spent

Offline gren

• Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Feb 06, 2004 at 07:49 AM »
I wouldn't say it was bad salesmanship, i received nothing but cordial treatment.  It's just that aggressive salesmanship can sometimes backfire.  i'm hardly the expert in this field, but with sites like pinoydvd, one does get empowered with information (not necessarily knowledge :>) and what use will this information be if we just take someone's word over our own thoughts on the matter, especially if that someone has vested interests on the matter.

anyway, just rambling about :>

Offline sayad5

• Collector
  • sweet!
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Feb 10, 2004 at 05:34 PM »
masama experience ko sa ambassador shagri-la branch.

kapag bibili ka, ang bilis lang bayad agad pero kapag nagkaproblema yung unit mo, antagal ma-irepair. bad trip talaga....

bad trip....

Offline gren

• Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Feb 11, 2004 at 07:58 AM »
good thing i didnt get from ambassador. have you tried talking to the owner? they might be a bit more amenable to handling your case.

Offline sayad5

• Collector
  • sweet!
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: Feb 11, 2004 at 08:43 AM »
bad trip......
ganun din walang pinagkaiba sa ahente......

bad trip talaga......yang ambassadors

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Feb 11, 2004 at 03:18 PM »
got a similar experience with AMBASSADOR. They do not deliver on the said time! You are right and bilis kung bayad ka na...ang galing mam-bitin! Sayang they deteriorated thru the years! Alex and company still doesnt know how to say things right in the vernacular after so many years! :P
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline indridcold

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Feb 11, 2004 at 03:31 PM »
Archi Audio and Spectra have excellent customer service. Kaya lang sa Spectra dami masyado tao minsan because they also sell DVDs and VCDs.

Offline gren

• Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Feb 12, 2004 at 07:47 AM »
spectra has a new branch in libis. haven't had a look myself, but it should address our major concern with their facilities.  too bad they did not upgrade their park square place.

Offline obey

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #322 on: Feb 12, 2004 at 07:56 AM »
spectra has a new branch in libis. haven't had a look myself, but it should address our major concern with their facilities.  too bad they did not upgrade their park square place.

Where in Libis?  Thanks!

Offline onedown

• DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Feb 12, 2004 at 08:46 AM »
obey, if i remember correctly, it is at cybermall, eastwood.
peace man!

Offline obey

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Feb 13, 2004 at 03:08 AM »
Thanks onedown! :)

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 07:30 PM »
Well, Sir Redkoji, i was only able to go to AVsurfer store in ATC. Maganda mga display ninyo, daming products na pagpipilian, lalo na ngayon, you started carrying Philips brands.  Your sales people there are nice. Like the person I am dealing with. His name is Ronald. Sa Kanya ko lahat binili yong NAD products ko eh. The 2 receivers and the DVD player. His after sales service is Okay. The first time I bought the DVD player t562, after 2 days  there was a problem, noong dinala ko sa kanya, he replaced the unit with a new one. Then when there was a problem  with my player  3 weeks ago, sa kanya ko dinala. After 2 weeks, naayos naman, So i guess the after sales service of AVsurfer in ATC is very good. Kasi ako, when I am buying something am very particular about the after sales service!!!

Thanks for the commentary...its good to know that our training to them have an effect. We welcome other suggestion of yours to improved our services.
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2004 at 11:01 AM by redkoji »

Offline alexg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: Feb 26, 2004 at 01:30 PM »
There are nice stores with staff who knows what they are talking about, places I have been to: Spectral Audio (bought my Denon 1804, set of Wharfedale for my in-laws), Electronics Depot, Alabang (bought my Acoustic Research speaker, cables and my Marantz 4300), 5th Ave, Alabang Town Center (bought my Jamo bookshelf speakers). These are the stores I have been to that I am willing to go back and purchase more stuff.

The rest of the other stores that I went to:
1. The brands they carry are the best compared to competitors (since when did a Daichi made DVD player better than a Pioneer or a Kenwood low end AVR better than a Denon?).
2. The staff is so poorly trained that when you ask them questions like crossover point, bass management etc, they just give you a blank look.
3. ETC, ETC.

I don't claim that I have been to a lot of audio stores, but my estimate is maybe only 25% of the audio stores have people with enough knowledge to have a decent audio/video conversation.
I went fishing the other day, and I caught a BIG ONE!

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Feb 26, 2004 at 05:43 PM »
Here are some conversations i had with some SM Appliance saleguys when I was canvassing for a DVD player just a few weeks ago.

(1)
Me:  Puedeng pa-test yung DVD player na yan?
Sales:  Ay sir, naka lock po yung display, eh.

Sorry, am not muscled enough to pry it open.  Goodbye.

(2)
Me:  Meron ba kayong universal player?
Sales:  VCD player lang po.

Thank you and goodbye.

(3)
Me:  Ayaw palang mag-ZOOM kapag nasa JPEG viewing mode.
Sales:  Nasa disk yan.  Dapat bago pa lang ni-write sa disc, na-enlarge na.

Thank you for the enlightening sermon.  Goodbye.

(4)
Me:  All region ba yung Samsung na yan?
Sales:  Hindi po, walang all region dito sa pinas.

Sorry for not knowing any better.  Goodbye.

(5)
Me:  Pa-test naman nitong player.
Sales1:  Sorry po, yung susi ng cabinet na kay gerry.
Me:  Sinong puedeng magbukas?
Sales1:  Gerry paki bukas
Sales2:  May customer pa ako.
Sales1:  sir, paki hintay.

Thanks, but no thanks.

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2004 at 05:44 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline darkwing

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Feb 26, 2004 at 11:40 PM »
Yup, typical SM appliance store hospitality BTW does anyone know of a hi-fi store in Cebu besides Circuit City??

Offline Archangel

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Feb 26, 2004 at 11:59 PM »
Sounds and Images. MLD Building. Banilad Road. (32) 234-0885