Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2015  (Read 121125 times)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2014
« Reply #180 on: Aug 10, 2014 at 08:25 AM »
You can't lose them all! # upfight :D

hahaha! Natawa ako. Definitely puts a fresh spin of the "can't win 'em all" phrase - UP style.

Offline heisenbergman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind, rewind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #181 on: Aug 10, 2014 at 02:45 PM »
Nakakatakot ang full court press ng UE :-\
UE 28 - ADMU 10

:-/

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Aug 10, 2014 at 04:58 PM »
Game of the Year right there :D

Ateneo 93 - UE 91

Kiefer Ravena 39 points!

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #183 on: Aug 10, 2014 at 05:12 PM »
Game of the Year right there :D

Ateneo 93 - UE 91

Kiefer Ravena 39 points!

Probably the highest scoring UAAP game ever!
Ravena for MVP!
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 372
« Reply #184 on: Aug 10, 2014 at 06:32 PM »
Ravena-Sumang ......... a shootout which will make the old Allan Caidic-Pido Jarencio matchups proud.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #185 on: Aug 10, 2014 at 07:29 PM »
I-bonfire na yan, ADMU!

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #186 on: Aug 10, 2014 at 08:35 PM »
Kiefer was a monster! Hands down the best collegiate player today (next is Jeron Teng)...Congrats Ateneo!

The DLSU-UST game was a coach's game...evident that Bong dela Cruz was outcoached by Coach Juno. DLSU was undermanned (AVO, Thomas, Kib, Norbert). Kudos to Julian Sargent and Abu Tratter...Prince Ricero was again a silent operator. ANIMO!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #187 on: Aug 10, 2014 at 09:04 PM »
It's honestly a pleasant surprise that Ateneo comes out on top after the first round.  Prior to the start of the season, many were even thinking that the Blue Eagles would have to battle hard for a Final 4 slot.

I was not a believer in Bo Perasol but it seems his system (and aggressive recruitment) is working.  The team has good fitness, end-game poise, above-average defense and confidence in offense.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 12:19 AM »
It's honestly a pleasant surprise that Ateneo comes out on top after the first round.  Prior to the start of the season, many were even thinking that the Blue Eagles would have to battle hard for a Final 4 slot.

I was not a believer in Bo Perasol but it seems his system (and aggressive recruitment) is working.  The team has good fitness, end-game poise, above-average defense and confidence in offense.

Coach Bo is definitely a good coach or MVP and the Ateneo will never had considered him as a replacement for Norman Black.
It was unfortunate for him last season that Ravena got injured at the start of the season and his suspensions really affected the team's performance.
Now, he's more comfortable coaching the collegiate level and it's proven by the #1 in standings at the end of the 1st round.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 07:00 AM »
Bo Perasol s*cked bigtime as a coach in the pros ...... easily one of the worst. Ever.

However, the UAAP is 'easier' in the sense that you preach hard work and possess a stacked roster (especially if you have strong guard play) - you'll probably going to make the Final Four.

Kudos to ADMU players for their very steady play/demeanor and being on top after Round 1 ...... kudos even to Perasol for preaching decent defense.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 07:04 AM »
Bo Perasol s*cked bigtime as a coach in the pros ...... easily one of the worst. Ever.

However, the UAAP is 'easier' in the sense that you preach hard work and possess a stacked roster (especially if you have strong guard play) - you'll probably going to make the Final Four.

Kudos to ADMU players for their very steady play/demeanor and being on top after Round 1 ...... kudos even to Perasol for preaching decent defense.

Well, he's still one of the few coaches to coach in the PBA finals twice with Air 21 and Powerade.
Even the PBA Grand Slam coach Norman Black needs some transition period to be successful in the collegiate level.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 07:17 AM »
Well, he's still one of the few coaches to coach in the PBA finals twice with Air 21 and Powerade.
Even the PBA Grand Slam coach Norman Black needs some transition period to be successful in the collegiate level.

Norman Black did great right off the bat, when he came into the UAAP ...... made the F4 and entered the Finals during his first 2 years, then everything that followed was historic.

Black has always been known for strong old-school defense and the transition to the UAAP was going to be smooth - like everyone expected.

As for Perasol, that AIR21 Finals stint was a blip in a sea of disappointments ...... that conference, AIR21 paraded a very loaded veteran roster (Arwind, David, Ranidel, etc) plus got a superior import in Thomas, who towered above everybody else except for BGK's Alexander.

That POWERADE Finals was an even bigger anomaly - Gary David went super-saiyan in the closing minutes and stunned Tim Cone's SMC team ........ POWERADE got waylaid against TnT in the Finals.

Bo Perasol is a neighbor here in Laguna ...... everyone in the community here considered him a failure during his PBA stint.

Indeed, the collegiate game might be where Perasol makes his mark ....... he might just salvage his coaching career.
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2014 at 07:18 AM by newwaveboy »

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #192 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 12:20 PM »
UE team is very impressive, all players are athletic, grabe mga tumalon and masisipag.. bust if they can't get to F4..
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 04:09 PM »
UE team is very impressive, all players are athletic, grabe mga tumalon and masisipag.. bust if they can't get to F4..

It boils down to experience specially during crucial stages of the game.
They still have a lot to learn.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 04:21 PM »
The dreaded full court press is dependent on how the players can sustain this until the very last second of the game...the past 3 games, quite evident that UE cannot sustain the full court press 'til crunch time.

Very different during the championship run of DLSU where the potent full court press was used from start to finish...
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #195 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 04:31 PM »
The main criticism of the Pumaren Coaching system when they were at DLSU was that it was not multi-dimensional. It was basically two plays(rub the head, pull the shirt) If the opposing coach will adjust the defense to the system, offense bogs down. After many years it seems the predicament is the same.

The dreaded full court press is dependent on how the players can sustain this until the very last second of the game...the past 3 games, quite evident that UE cannot sustain the full court press 'til crunch time.

Very different during the championship run of DLSU where the potent full court press was used from start to finish...
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 04:37 PM »
Dapat rub the shirt then pull the head na lang :D :D :D

The Pumaren system is player dependent. Each one has a role. I believe that's where UE pales in comparison vs. the Pumaren DLSU championship teams

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 07:29 PM »
It boils down to experience specially during crucial stages of the game.
They still have a lot to learn.

I agree.. ang sisipag..
The Pats way...

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #198 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 10:06 PM »
Kiefer was a monster! Hands down the best collegiate player today (next is Jeron Teng)...Congrats Ateneo!

he is really good but may have become far better becasue of his invisible high five friend
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Aug 12, 2014 at 08:59 AM »
^ huh?

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Aug 12, 2014 at 09:05 AM »
^ huh?

Here it is bro ....... first seen in the NBA, when a FT shooter had no one to high-five with.  :)

http://micohaliliblogs.blogspot.com/2014/08/kiefer-ravena-high-fives-invisible.html

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Aug 12, 2014 at 09:35 AM »
Probably the highest scoring UAAP game ever!
Ravena for MVP!

Ravena played like an import!

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Aug 12, 2014 at 09:51 AM »
sana tumangkad pa si kiefer, his talent and smarts fits gilas.. and he can play 1..

The Pats way...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Aug 12, 2014 at 10:02 AM »
http://sanbedasports.blogspot.com/2014/08/ncaa-releases-all-star-line-up-notable.html

Controversy in the upcoming NCAA All Star game. 

In the news, the NCAA committee mentioned that it was the coaches decision not to field imports. 

Just to set the record straight, here's what happened according to an assistant coach (EAC) who called me up.  Committee Chairman Supan asked for list of players they like to field in the All Star but specifically mentioned "no imports please".  Now he's singing a different tune when the rule got a flak from everyone. Again, it wasn't the coaches' decision but the Chairman's decision not to field imports.

IMO, it's an All Star, not an All Pinoy exhibition.  Let the stars play, whether Pinoy or not.

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Aug 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM »
Kiefer's rise to stardom is good for local basketball, it's been a while since we last saw a player who can handle & deliver in clutch plays with finesse & confidence. He responds well to the late game plays specifically drawn for him by Ronnie Magsanoc. I hope he continues to play at such a high level. A sure shoo-in for MVP this season.

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Aug 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM »
Here it is bro ....... first seen in the NBA, when a FT shooter had no one to high-five with.  :)

http://micohaliliblogs.blogspot.com/2014/08/kiefer-ravena-high-fives-invisible.html
Hahahaha!

I think some players really do that as part of their freethrow routine, para always within rhythm ang tira nila sa freethrow line ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2014 at 10:16 AM by heisenbergman »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Aug 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM »
^ Yup. It's still just a game after all ...... those routines keeps you relaxed as well.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Aug 12, 2014 at 10:31 AM »
Kiefer's rise to stardom is good for local basketball, it's been a while since we last saw a player who can handle & deliver in clutch plays with finesse & confidence. He responds well to the late game plays specifically drawn for him by Ronnie Magsanoc. I hope he continues to play at such a high level. A sure shoo-in for MVP this season.

Agree.  I haven't seen a player this good in collegiate basketball.  I keep telling my son to watch out for him especially when he plays in the PBA.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Aug 12, 2014 at 10:37 AM »
^ Yup. It's still just a game after all ...... those routines keeps you relaxed as well.

Interesting clip.  May pampabwenas din pala si Kiefer.  Reminds you of Iverson ( tapping his left forearm ), Mark Jackson (Hail Hitler to the rim), Jason Kidd ( flying kiss ), Jeff Hornacek (rubbing his cheeks), Karl Malone ( talking to an invisible friend in front of him) and Marlou Aquino ( wrap around ). 

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Aug 12, 2014 at 10:57 AM »
I've heard it said more than once na mas magaling pa daw di Thirdy kesa kay Kiefer.

But I can't see it.

I've watched Kiefer in the juniors and I've watched Thirdy since they were both in the juniors team but I can't see it.

Sana mali ako at maging mamaw din tong si Thirdy ;D Hehe.