Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2015  (Read 121132 times)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2015
« Reply #810 on: Jul 20, 2015 at 11:43 AM »
 ;) ;)

Let's enjoy the new season and cheer for our alma mater!
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2015 at 11:43 AM by mattia »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #811 on: Jul 20, 2015 at 11:54 AM »
NCAA opening na naman pala this Saturday. Going for 6-peat na San Beda. Mukhang mahirap pa rin tapatan. Pero I'd like to see other schools challenging my alma mater para naman may konting thrill. :D

You got your wish the_works.  Letran Knights just handed the Lions its first loss in the elims. 

Letran has a new manager in Pacman.  Although he wasn't there during the game but Buboy Fernandez.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #812 on: Jul 22, 2015 at 09:49 AM »
You got your wish the_works.  Letran Knights just handed the Lions its first loss in the elims. 

Letran has a new manager in Pacman.  Although he wasn't there during the game but Buboy Fernandez.

I mean, sa Finals. Wala din si Amer. Delikado Red Lions nito. Out for a few months daw coz of dislocated shoulder.

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 986
« Reply #813 on: Sep 05, 2015 at 04:49 PM »
Nanalo UP! Bonfire na!

Offline vinci

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #814 on: Sep 05, 2015 at 05:14 PM »
Mukhang the predator si karim abdul. Hehe

Offline omypet

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #815 on: Sep 06, 2015 at 02:27 PM »
Yes! nanalo rin sa wakas ang "UP kong Mahal" ☺☺☺

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #816 on: Sep 06, 2015 at 03:58 PM »
Heto na! One big fight!

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 372
« Reply #817 on: Sep 06, 2015 at 05:59 PM »
FEU putting the hurt on ADMU, with their vets leading the way ....... Tolomia, Pogoy, Belo, etc playing the way vets should - matigas at walang kaba sa kilos.

ADMU playing just as hard, but it's only Ravena on the offensive end.

Montinola should have a big smile on his face now ...... panalo ang FEU at si Pingoy nagkalat.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #818 on: Sep 06, 2015 at 07:56 PM »
FEU is tough to beat when they play the way they did today.
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #819 on: Sep 07, 2015 at 08:32 AM »
Ateneo coach Bo Perasol sees a team going nowhere after disjointed performance in UAAP opener

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap/news/bo-perasol-ateneo-blue-eagles-blowout-loss-feu-tamaraws-uaap-season-78#brP7x1LMFyIHBADs.99

Ateneo has gone nowhere since Bo Perasol took over. When you go into a game with the mindset of only finding out how you would fare against the perceived team-to-beat, that is basically the same as thinking you have no chance of winning. Tama ba namang ganyan ang mindset na ituro ng isang coach sa kanyang mga manlalaro? Tama na. Sobra na. Palitan na.  >:D

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #820 on: Sep 07, 2015 at 09:04 AM »
FEU's game looked very mature in yesterday's match.

Ravena is such a crafty scorer, hoping to see him in Gilas uniform in the future  :)

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #821 on: Sep 07, 2015 at 09:10 AM »
ANg laki ng hinina ng NU.. siguro give Ateneo a couple of games to gel, puro rookies kaya may nerbyos pa.. but that FEU team, very impressive..
The Pats way...

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #822 on: Sep 07, 2015 at 09:40 AM »
FEU is the team to beat this year!

Hands down Kiefer is one of the best, if not the best collegiate player today. I feel the Ateneo's line-up is competitive but the coach has a different philiosophy which seems is not a match to the team.

My fearless forecast for the Final Four:

FEU
ADMU
DLSU
UST
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #823 on: Sep 08, 2015 at 02:12 AM »
Ateneo coach Bo Perasol sees a team going nowhere after disjointed performance in UAAP opener

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap/news/bo-perasol-ateneo-blue-eagles-blowout-loss-feu-tamaraws-uaap-season-78#brP7x1LMFyIHBADs.99

Ateneo has gone nowhere since Bo Perasol took over. When you go into a game with the mindset of only finding out how you would fare against the perceived team-to-beat, that is basically the same as thinking you have no chance of winning. Tama ba namang ganyan ang mindset na ituro ng isang coach sa kanyang mga manlalaro? Tama na. Sobra na. Palitan na.  >:D
There's a bit of commotion over at the Atenista fb group about this. Many alumni want him out asap while recent members of past UAAP champion teams are asking for sobriety.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #824 on: Sep 08, 2015 at 05:11 AM »
I've been the harshest critic of Bo Perasol in these threads for sometime now ....... calling by him by his long-standing PBA monicker, Bobo Perasol, more than a few times. 

But to be fair to him and ADMU last game, FEU was shooting lights out from wire to wire. ADMU gave effort and was scrambling due to FEU's great ball movement and shooting. Hard to stop a team shooting like that.

Perasol did get ADMU to the top seed last season, best to ride him out. A couple of wins against the low tiered teams will silence that alumni crowd. Best to replace in the offseason.

This is the UAAP, where before the first game is even played, one can tell right away who'll be the bottom three and the top five teams. In many cases, you'll know right away who'll make the final four ex.team filled wih vets and/or bluechip rookies

It's a great league but parity has long been a problem, moreso the past decade with the way recruitment is done by these tycoons.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2015 at 05:33 AM by newwaveboy »

Offline vinci

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #825 on: Sep 09, 2015 at 04:56 PM »
2-0 na UP.  Mukhang their playing good bball this season.  have not watched the game though.  but a win is a win.  lalo na against DLSU.

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap/news/jett-manuel-up-maroons-beat-la-salle-green-archers-jeron-teng

bonfire ulet!  ;D

Offline retro12195

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #826 on: Sep 09, 2015 at 05:00 PM »
UAAP Season 78 first round schedule
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #827 on: Sep 09, 2015 at 09:20 PM »
ust 2-0! go Uste

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #828 on: Sep 09, 2015 at 09:40 PM »
Game of UP-sets today...

UP over DLSU
UST over FEU (by 1pt)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #829 on: Sep 09, 2015 at 10:03 PM »
I've been the harshest critic of Bo Perasol in these threads for sometime now ....... calling by him by his long-standing PBA monicker, Bobo Perasol, more than a few times. 

But to be fair to him and ADMU last game, FEU was shooting lights out from wire to wire. ADMU gave effort and was scrambling due to FEU's great ball movement and shooting. Hard to stop a team shooting like that.

Perasol did get ADMU to the top seed last season, best to ride him out. A couple of wins against the low tiered teams will silence that alumni crowd. Best to replace in the offseason.

This is the UAAP, where before the first game is even played, one can tell right away who'll be the bottom three and the top five teams. In many cases, you'll know right away who'll make the final four ex.team filled wih vets and/or bluechip rookies

It's a great league but parity has long been a problem, moreso the past decade with the way recruitment is done by these tycoons.

FEU did shot the lights out of the Araneta that game. I became an instant admirer of Pogoy, Tolomia and Belo, in this afternoons game though, Pogoy and Tolomia seems to be not what they were the first game.

Pinggoy is out of sync though I recalled him to be like a scoring machine nung high school kaya lang tanda ko buwaya eh. may isang player dati sa feu na kasama ni pinggoy na mas bumilib ako, yung matindi din ang shooting, sino na nga yun at nasan na sya?

by the way yung gwyne capacio anak ni glen? mukhang matindi din yung player na yun.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #830 on: Sep 09, 2015 at 10:07 PM »
about UST, mukhang walang magling na point guard, yung la salle, admu,feu ang gagaling ng pgs nila

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #831 on: Sep 09, 2015 at 10:17 PM »
FEU did shot the lights out of the Araneta that game. I became an instant admirer of Pogoy, Tolomia and Belo, in this afternoons game though, Pogoy and Tolomia seems to be not what they were the first game.

Pinggoy is out of sync though I recalled him to be like a scoring machine nung high school kaya lang tanda ko buwaya eh. may isang player dati sa feu na kasama ni pinggoy na mas bumilib ako, yung matindi din ang shooting, sino na nga yun at nasan na sya?

by the way yung gwyne capacio anak ni glen? mukhang matindi din yung player na yun.

Yes sir. He is from LS Zobel (HS)

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #832 on: Sep 09, 2015 at 10:58 PM »
Yes sir. He is from LS Zobel (HS)

ang galling mag laro, mukhang next big thing sa uaap.

Offline bejiboys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 191
« Reply #833 on: Sep 09, 2015 at 11:40 PM »
Final 4 teams of last year all have 1 loss already.  Lower ranked teams still have a clean slate (except UE).  What happens next? :)

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 133
« Reply #834 on: Sep 10, 2015 at 12:32 AM »

During his first year as coach, some of my friends have been calling for his head. I tried to believe in him that he would evolve and adapt unfortunately, he has not. He still keeps on running the same plays over and over again. Which worked last year in the elimination round when Ravena just took over and elevated his game play. But come the final four, every figured out how to stop Ateneo. NU just kicked ateneo out of the final four with one simple plan. Stop Ravena. But Bo being the stubborn ox that he is keeps using ISO plays for kiefer and paid dearly in the final four showdown with NU. No variations on screens, flares, etc. for the other players. He just wants to run ISO all day long and it's only two players on the team that could create their own shots.. Kiefer and Chris Newsome.

Last sunday, i watched lived and it was painful to look at the match not because of the points. I can accept defeat but not that way. It was like watching a barangay level team competing against a well coached UAAP team / PBA team (dare i say..). You see the quick reaction of FEU to whatever "defense" ateneo threw at them. Did a zone, broke it down with a dribble drive and kick out to perimeter players. Man to Man D, quickly beat their defenders with mismatches.  On the offensive end... stale as ever. the ball stays long with the ball handler and at the last 10 secs. that's when they panic and swing to it to kiefer when he's on the floor and pray he makes a shot.

The only way for ateneo to win is by defense. force turnovers and score on the transition. If it's half court sets, then we're good as gone. Unfortunately, we ain't that fast to keep attacking the basket and score in transition.

Also, what I can't figure out is his system for replacing a player on court. You've got some players making 1 mistake and they get replaced away. You've got some other players making 2-4 mistakes and they haven't been replaced.

You can't do that as it makes players jittery and they can't build up the confidence / rhythm. Destroys their flow. This is not the professional league.

I have a lot more to say but might take me all night. Besides, i'm not a coach. just an armchair analyst. Just praying a miracle will happen.

UST coach just fired off a shot against Ateneo in today's game:-

PHSports LiveScores ‏@LiveScoresPH 25m25 minutes ago
Bong: walang depensa yung kalaban ng FEU last time...

But can't fault him. it was true. stupid coach of ours. He is only rivaled in this dept. by the coach of our rivals ironically. haha!

ang galling mag laro, mukhang next big thing sa uaap.

Unfortunately sir, his growth was stunted when he reached the seniors and he had the unfortunate timing of entering a squad with good wing men. Also, he had injuries that contributed to his stunted growth.

It's his last year playing for the blue and white. When he joined the seniors, i had high hopes for him but he couldn't get over this hump. He's a scoring machine in the juniors. It might be his breakout year this year but you'd still see him making simple mistakes. I hope it would be his swan song this year for the blue and white.

You can read more about him here:-

http://bleachersbrew.blogspot.com/2015/03/stuck-in-moment-gwyne-capacio-searches.html

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2015 at 12:36 AM by questforthegoodlife »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #835 on: Sep 10, 2015 at 01:18 AM »
pardon my ignorance, I was thinking bago lang sya. I haven't been watching any basketball games be it nba, pba moreso college leagues simply because I have been frustrated with how smb and tnt are doing things and because ust has not done well for the longest time, it pains me to see that the days of ust when the like of udoy Belmonte( he is a friend and a classmate) was still playing were long gone, last Saturday I got interested para kaseng ang ganda nung laban ng ue at up then yung next game nanalo ang ust, was able to watch feu vs admu and was really amazed with the feu squad sabi ko ang dami ko na palang na miss.

in my little knowledge of the game, mukhang walang intensyon ang admu na pigilin yung mga tumitira sa kalaban, siguro kahit si ravena na lang sa offense basta masipag sila sa defense as a team baka iba ang naging resulta.

I told myself kaninang nanuod ako ilalampaso ng feu and ust pero nanalo ang ust though sa tingin ko mahihirapan pa din talaga sila dahil sa point guard nila pero at least malaking bagay na naipanalo nila ang close game, dati di ba laging nag collapse yan sa dulo?

last year na ni ravena ngayon di ba? meron kayang papalit sa kanya? when I saw pessumal naala ko ito yung shooter dati pero parang di rin ganun ang impact sa game nila.

one thing sure mukhang ma hook na ulit ako sa uaap., salamat sa enlightenment sir about capacio

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #836 on: Sep 10, 2015 at 06:02 AM »
During his first year as coach, some of my friends have been calling for his head. I tried to believe in him that he would evolve and adapt unfortunately, he has not. He still keeps on running the same plays over and over again. Which worked last year in the elimination round when Ravena just took over and elevated his game play. But come the final four, every figured out how to stop Ateneo. NU just kicked ateneo out of the final four with one simple plan. Stop Ravena. But Bo being the stubborn ox that he is keeps using ISO plays for kiefer and paid dearly in the final four showdown with NU. No variations on screens, flares, etc. for the other players. He just wants to run ISO all day long and it's only two players on the team that could create their own shots.. Kiefer and Chris Newsome.

ISO plays, slow in game adjustments, etc ...... that's Bo Perasol alright.

If its any consolation brader, Perasol is mich better now in the UAAP than he was in the PBA.

Some of Perasol's PBA miscues - spending high picks on known scrubs such as Marvin Cruz, Jai Reyes (the transaction on this one deserves its own article), Chris Ross (back when Ross was all hype), giving up on Ross after 2 conf for a very old Paolo Mendoza.

Like I said, best to ride him out ...... moreso its Ravena's swan song. Wins against UP, UE, ADU, etc might start them rolling.

Offline jonjon

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Collector
  • 41 steels and counting
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 326
« Reply #837 on: Sep 10, 2015 at 09:28 AM »
Go USTe!!!  Kahit mukhang wala sa kundisyon si Karim Abdul

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #838 on: Sep 10, 2015 at 09:53 AM »
Effective si new UP coach Rensy Bajar!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #839 on: Sep 10, 2015 at 01:11 PM »
UP is making waves this early.  Their first win seemed like a fluke because mahina talaga ang lineup ngayon ng UE.  But their win vs DLSU yesterday for a 2-0 early lead in the standings is something else.  Galing!