Author Topic: Sharing My Experience with Acer K335 Projector  (Read 1535 times)

Offline totocab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sharing My Experience with Acer K335 Projector
« on: Dec 10, 2014 at 04:50 PM »
I have been a long time lurker of this forum. Learned a lot from reading here and still learning from you guys. From buying my first LED TV, my first AVReceiver (been using int. amp long before with  DIY speakers), my first branded subwoofer and speakers, media player, converted surround speakers and etc. not much on the high-end side, but i am very satisfied with the result.  Many Thanks to Pinoydvd.

Then finally decided to go big. On November 15,2014, We went to Davao City.  There, we bought a projector from an Acer Concept Store (SM Lanang). Its an Acer K335 DLP LED projector with at least 20,000 lamp hours, hangang dito lang kasi ang permiso ng budget, with my year-end bonus and with cash advance sa credit card ;). Malaki kasi ang discount if paid in cash. Ito na rin ang pinili ko because it has a very long lamp life and WXGA na ang resolution.

We used the projector in our hotel room that night with a full length movie using my media player. Me and my family were so excited and happy, kasi anglaki talaga ng difference sa size, comparing to our 42" TV and the image is good, kahit na hindi maganda ang built-in speakers ng unit.

Paguwi namin sa province, I started to convert one of the rooms in my home, DIYed a wall screen, painted the whole room, etc. i ordered the universal ceiling mount projector bracket and 10mtrs hdmi to hdmi cable online.

Partially finished my project on Nov 25.  The next day, we watched a movie. I'm glad na very satisfied talaga si wifey and the family sa projector, ika nga sulit talaga kahit na mejo pricey ang unit para sa amin.

We watched 1 movie on November 28 (Fri) and 1 movie on November 30 (Sun). And again, on December 3, we watched 2 episodes of "the originals" series na magkasunod. 

Sadly, on December 5 while watching a movie, it suddenly made a whizzing sound mga 3-5 seconds ata, and that is about 5 minutes pa lang after pagplay ko ng movie. Then nag-blank un screen showing only white light with no image at all and  I smelled something was burning. Immediately, in-off ko un voltage regulator kung saan nakasaksak un projector along with the amp, and sub. Upon checking, yung projector ang nangamoy.

The Next morning, December 6, syempre nag early trip to Davao agad ako (4 hours from our place) para mapacheck un unit.

So, After exactly 20 days with more or less 8 hours of movie watching, un brand new acer projector is now on the acer service center na  :-[ (Columbia Computer). 

Just sharing my experience with you guys.

Sana lang na maayos agad ito ng Columbia Computer.

Acer K335 projector, ceiling mounted. Maliit kc un mga screws for the mount kaya inalalayan ko ng mga zip tie.

Back of the projector

My Gears, showing a little bit the DIYed white wall screen, flooring is soon to be finished  :)

Now, back to my old led TV  :(, white screen at the back is about 74 inch diagonally

Update:

December 10: Called Columbia for an update. The Tech guy answered me that it has a status of "send to Acer".  I asked him what does it mean.  He answered that he don't know the details. "Yun lang ang nakalagay sa status ng projector mo sir, wala kasi un technician ng projector. Follo-up na lang kau after 2 days."
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2014 at 05:00 PM by totocab »

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
Re: Sharing My Experience with Acer K335 Projector
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2014 at 07:36 PM »
di kaya natakot kay ruby ang acer mo? hehe... magkano yan?

Offline totocab

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2014 at 09:29 PM »
Baka me phobia sa bagyo hehe. Our place was not affected by ruby. Bought it at 37,900, with freebies: wifi dongle, laser presenter and a small screen

Offline totocab

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2014 at 09:29 AM »
Update: according to Columbia thru text, defective daw ang mainboard ng projector.  possible daw 2 to 3 weeks magdating un requested parts.  :(

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2014 at 10:53 AM »
the best sana palit buong unit.

Offline totocab

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2014 at 12:38 PM »
Yan ang maganda sir, pero i'll wait and see muna. if maayos nla, ok lng basta it will function as it should be.