Author Topic: Recommend a soundbar  (Read 11075 times)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
Re: Recommend a soundbar
« Reply #60 on: Dec 09, 2017 at 08:05 PM »
^glitchy pa arc, mas safe pa din toslink.

Offline Davenport

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 198
« Reply #61 on: Dec 10, 2017 at 08:14 AM »
I'm one very unhappy JBL SB450 soundbar user. Around 6 months pa lang sira na. It just died. Moderate use yan, ha. Once a week lang yan ginamit in that period of 6 months.  I cannot recommend this brand kahit na naka-sale pa yan.

Kahit na ba may warranty for one year, bakit napakadaling masira?  Shoddy quality.

For those looking for a new soundbar, do yourself a favor and consider other brands.

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #62 on: Dec 10, 2017 at 08:27 AM »
I'm one very unhappy JBL SB450 soundbar user. Around 6 months pa lang sira na. It just died. Moderate use yan, ha. Once a week lang yan ginamit in that period of 6 months.  I cannot recommend this brand kahit na naka-sale pa yan.

Kahit na ba may warranty for one year, bakit napakadaling masira?  Shoddy quality.

For those looking for a new soundbar, do yourself a favor and consider other brands.
baka lemon unit sir. more than a year na jbl sb150 ko everyday cable viewing

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Offline CeeV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #63 on: Dec 10, 2017 at 09:38 AM »
I was also a victim of maybe a lemon unit of JBL SB400, fortunately they repaired it but dammn it took almost half a year, mas matagal pa ang tinigil sa service center for my actual use.  They extended naman my warranty for another 6months to compensate the repair time....But yeah..am also very disappointed as it is very seldom used.  The pain of waiting and follow up is nakakainis, not expecting this type of failure for such a very reputable brand.

My less than Php4k  Microlab PC speakers does the job during that time. surprisingly mas nawili na ko now gamitin sya and only sa movie ko na lang ginagamit si SB400.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2017 at 09:41 AM by CeeV »

Offline magic.

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #64 on: Dec 10, 2017 at 11:53 AM »
i have the sb400 for a year now with no issues...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline chatstix

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #65 on: Dec 10, 2017 at 08:40 PM »
my jbl sb400 stopped working (no power whatsoever) after more than 3 years use

Offline CeeV

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #66 on: Dec 11, 2017 at 11:12 AM »
Same symptoms I got....but your's took 3years to manifest mine is less than 6months.   I think power supply issue kase napansin ko it's quite warm sa me back panel left side  (beside sa input ng Optical).  I only use it now for occasional movies, tv watching is my trusted 2.1 pc speaker.

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #67 on: Dec 11, 2017 at 11:16 AM »
been using JBL SB350..So far ok pa naman after more than a year na ginagamit, though once a week lang sya nagagamit

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #68 on: Dec 11, 2017 at 04:54 PM »
Hi All,

Anyone else here own an LG SJ5 or SH5? Did anyone try conmecting via ARC?

Everytime I connect a hdmi imput to the tv, i lose sound sa ARC. I opted to use the optical cable instead to avoid the hassle. Is this normal?

Any tips to improve volume of netflix? Na max out ko na soundbar pero parang mahina talaga sound ng netflix for movies.

Thanks!

^glitchy pa arc, mas safe pa din toslink.

there are issues with ARC because it requires you to turn on CEC.  I think that's the culprit.  they still haven't solved all issues between different devices & brands con CEC. 

I have not encountered ARC issue with my 2012 & 2016 LG TV connected with my Denon & Onkyo AVRs and my previous LG SH5.  though encounters issue on my 2016 Sony with mentioned AVR/soundbar.  So yes, optical cable was the answer.

to completely do away with the issue, they're about to release e-ARC via HDMI v2.1.  won't be CEC anymore. but this hardware upgrade will be available to new and upcoming models of TV's, AVRs and soon with soundbars as well =)

Offline Bemermeister

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #69 on: Dec 12, 2017 at 09:16 PM »
there are issues with ARC because it requires you to turn on CEC.  I think that's the culprit.  they still haven't solved all issues between different devices & brands con CEC. 

I have not encountered ARC issue with my 2012 & 2016 LG TV connected with my Denon & Onkyo AVRs and my previous LG SH5.  though encounters issue on my 2016 Sony with mentioned AVR/soundbar.  So yes, optical cable was the answer.

to completely do away with the issue, they're about to release e-ARC via HDMI v2.1.  won't be CEC anymore. but this hardware upgrade will be available to new and upcoming models of TV's, AVRs and soon with soundbars as well =)

Thanks for the help sir mhac! Sticking to optical for now, the HDMI ARC is too troublesome.

I remember you posted a SH5 for sale a few months ago hehe What did you upgrade to?

P.S.

To those looking for soundbars, the Polk Magnifi Mini is on sale in Amazon for 199 USD only.

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #70 on: Dec 12, 2017 at 09:58 PM »
$199 plus tax plus shipping plus conversion ng dollar fate, baka makatipid ng 2-3t without warranty pa. Not a good i dea. Burned  this way sa pioneer dock before tapos 110v pa.

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #71 on: Dec 13, 2017 at 07:42 AM »
Hi All,

Anyone else here own an LG SJ5 or SH5? Did anyone try conmecting via ARC?

Everytime I connect a hdmi imput to the tv, i lose sound sa ARC. I opted to use the optical cable instead to avoid the hassle. Is this normal?

Any tips to improve volume of netflix? Na max out ko na soundbar pero parang mahina talaga sound ng netflix for movies.

Thanks!

Noticed this as well.. Mahina volume ng Netflix.. Pero haven't tested it sa ibang shows or movies.. The last series I watched is the Punisher..Parang sa Stranger Things ok naman..

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #72 on: Dec 13, 2017 at 07:49 AM »
$199 plus tax plus shipping plus conversion ng dollar fate, baka makatipid ng 2-3t without warranty pa. Not a good i dea. Burned  this way sa pioneer dock before tapos 110v pa.

I was thinking the same way sir because there were a lot of good items on sale nung Black Friday.. The ELACs were tempting and some receivers..pero issue talaga is the warranty... For a difference of around 5 to 10k plus the time pa it will take to ship the item..Dun ka nalang sa may peace of mind ka :)

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #73 on: Dec 13, 2017 at 12:42 PM »
Thanks for the help sir mhac! Sticking to optical for now, the HDMI ARC is too troublesome.

I remember you posted a SH5 for sale a few months ago hehe What did you upgrade to?

I haven't upgraded yet, sir... still thinking of setting up a 2nd (& smaller) HT to replace the SH5 I've sold =)

thanks!

Offline Bemermeister

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Dec 13, 2017 at 03:38 PM »
I was thinking the same way sir because there were a lot of good items on sale nung Black Friday.. The ELACs were tempting and some receivers..pero issue talaga is the warranty... For a difference of around 5 to 10k plus the time pa it will take to ship the item..Dun ka nalang sa may peace of mind ka :)

Sa bagay, unless you can have it sent here via balikbayan, go for the local items with local warranty nalang :) Especially pag electronics unless its dirt cheap talaga.

The Vizio brand gets lots of good reviews online. Meron ba tayo retailer dito?

Offline traveler69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #75 on: Dec 13, 2017 at 04:11 PM »
Noticed this as well.. Mahina volume ng Netflix.. Pero haven't tested it sa ibang shows or movies.. The last series I watched is the Punisher..Parang sa Stranger Things ok naman..

Never experienced any volume shortcomings when watching Netflix. In my bedroom, whether I watch Netflix using only the built-in TV speakers, or a Bose SoundTouch 300 soundbar, or a Vizio Soundstand, the sound is loud enough and I cannot complain so far.

Offline traveler69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #76 on: Dec 13, 2017 at 04:19 PM »

I brought back home a Vizio Soundstand. Very good deal from Amazon. The bluetooth connection from the source to Vizio is excellent. Though I have never found a local distributor for this particular model.

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,53668.msg2504172.html#msg2504172
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2017 at 04:20 PM by traveler69 »

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #77 on: Dec 14, 2017 at 02:56 AM »
Sa bagay, unless you can have it sent here via balikbayan, go for the local items with local warranty nalang :) Especially pag electronics unless its dirt cheap talaga.

Vizio mostly sources products from AmTRAN Technology Co. (Taiwan). AmTRAN also supplies major brands with TVs and the like (mostly for entry level to mid level products). They have large joint-venture factories in China and fully-owned ones in Taiwan. LG is their main technology partner.

Wala atang local retailer ng Vizio dito, but some big brands here used to carry models supplied by AmTRAN.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2017 at 02:59 AM by Stagea »

Offline Bemermeister

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Oct 30, 2018 at 02:22 PM »
Hi All,

Does anyone here own a LG SK10Y? I've been to different Ansons branches but they have no proper way to demo the 5.1 feature of the sound bar as they only have files in stereo audio.

Looking forward to hearing from owners or anyone who heard these via HDMI Arc or Optical.

I've been reading reviews online, and it seems that the firmware update has resolved the center speaker issue.

Thanks!

Offline wheelee

• Collector
  • Nobodies tomorrow is guaranteed
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #79 on: Oct 30, 2018 at 02:54 PM »
...& for those still looking this could narrow it down for you
http://www.10bestph.com/reviews/best-home-theater-speakers-philippines/

Offline Bemermeister

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Mar 17, 2019 at 03:02 PM »
I've figured out how to improve the audio on my SJ5 on Netflix by setting audio settings in Netflix from 5.1 to 2.1. It really helps :)

Since my soundbar is only 2.1, optimal sound settings are in 2.1.

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2638
« Reply #81 on: Sep 03, 2022 at 09:08 AM »
any recommendations for a decent 5.1 soundbar? budget 10k or below
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2022 at 09:12 AM by anya618 »
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Online noob

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5435
« Reply #82 on: Jun 29, 2023 at 09:00 AM »
Is Sony HT-G700 @$380 a good buy?  It is priced $578 in Whathifi magazine.

It is actually P21k.

Edit: from P31k tag price at sm appliances.

Thanks for you responses..
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2023 at 06:27 PM by noob »

Offline nallasartal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #83 on: Aug 02, 2023 at 04:37 PM »
Is Samsung HW-Q930B Soundbar (2022) any good? Its price is 28k compared to Samsung HW-Q930C Soundbar (2023), which is around 54K... The price difference is huge. Both are 9.1.4 and with 2 rear speakers. I know that there are upgrades done on the 2023 model but the 2022 model is a steal for its price. But is Samsung known for its soundbars?

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 262
« Reply #84 on: Aug 02, 2023 at 06:59 PM »

Is Samsung HW-Q930B Soundbar (2022) any good? Its price is 28k compared to Samsung HW-Q930C Soundbar (2023), which is around 54K... The price difference is huge. Both are 9.1.4 and with 2 rear speakers. I know that there are upgrades done on the 2023 model but the 2022 model is a steal for its price. But is Samsung known for its soundbars?

I wouldn't have any problems with Samsung soundbars. I bought an old 2.1 system for my mother a couple of years ago and it sounded good. The wireless subwoofer, meanwhile, was a plus.

The 930b does sound good and, at ₱28k, is a good deal for a 9.1.4 system. Lowest I saw for this last summer was about ₱33k when the QD OLEDs came bundled with it.

I don't know what the upgrades are, tbh, but at nearly double the price, I doubt the 930C will ever sound twice as better as the 930B.

Sent using Tapatalk