Author Topic: TCL Owner's thread  (Read 69125 times)

Online Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Re: TCL Owner's thread
« Reply #360 on: Aug 12, 2021 at 12:32 PM »
@verbl kint  if you mean a8us/p8us vs p727, no as it seems the p727 has upgraded features as follows:

Dolby Vision
Android 11 OS
Far-Field voice & AI-In, camera ready;
CPU-A55*4 1.3Ghz
HDMI 2.1*1, USB 3.0*1
WIFI (2.4G +5G Dual-band)
I would gladly pay an extra 3k just for HDMI 2.1, let alone the other extras.

I think the A8US isn't on Dolby Vision yet, too, which is also a worthy upgrade worth 3k. :)

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline demjoe1

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #361 on: Aug 14, 2021 at 12:17 PM »
at 7am today, i was half-awake and heard someone knocking at our gate as my doorbell was out of commission.
lo and behold a hi-ace van with tcl logo was at my door and out comes the 55p727 from the back. it's just a week after i got the call from tcl customer service about taking 2-3weeks to find stock of a8us/p8us or pay Ph3000 for the p727.

so as i had hoped i did not have to pay for the ph3,000 extra. of course i don't expect to get the 3mo warranty extension also.

one catch is that the wall mount holes of the p727 is 300x200 vesa.  so i could not use my existing movable arm wall mount that was 200x200. the unit comes with it's own fixed wall mount brackets though but i did not have it installed anymore as i will be moving my tv to another area of the house by next month.  the tech was in and out of my house in 30mins as i had it on table stands.

because everything happened so quick, i forgot to logout my google and netflix accounts from the old unit  :'(
so i had to reset all my account passwords ;)

now excuse me my while i play around with all of the settings of the p727  ;D

btw, there were 3 other 55p727 units in the van and couple other smaller ones. so lucky you if you also get your replacement today.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #362 on: Aug 14, 2021 at 02:02 PM »
at 7am today, i was half-awake and heard someone knocking at our gate as my doorbell was out of commission.
lo and behold a hi-ace van with tcl logo was at my door and out comes the 55p727 from the back. it's just a week after i got the call from tcl customer service about taking 2-3weeks to find stock of a8us/p8us or pay Ph3000 for the p727.

so as i had hoped i did not have to pay for the ph3,000 extra. of course i don't expect to get the 3mo warranty extension also.

one catch is that the wall mount holes of the p727 is 300x200 vesa.  so i could not use my existing movable arm wall mount that was 200x200. the unit comes with it's own fixed wall mount brackets though but i did not have it installed anymore as i will be moving my tv to another area of the house by next month.  the tech was in and out of my house in 30mins as i had it on table stands.

because everything happened so quick, i forgot to logout my google and netflix accounts from the old unit  :'(

btw, there were 3 other 55p727 units in the van and couple other smaller ones. so lucky you if you also get your replacement today.

The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Online usbslave

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #363 on: Aug 14, 2021 at 06:14 PM »
Waiting for your feedback sir.
Enjoy your brand new tv

Sent from my M2010J19SG using Tapatalk

Offline bejiboys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 191
« Reply #364 on: Aug 15, 2021 at 02:16 AM »

Deng.  Lucky you :).  Congrats and enjoy.  I just paid 3k yesterday, and have not gotten any response yet from PH Escalations.  :(  :)   

Offline demjoe1

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #365 on: Aug 16, 2021 at 12:07 PM »
Wow ganda ng specs
Magkano po kaya srp nyan?
Wala akong makitang review sa youtube.
Thanks

@usbslave  it's showing as ph33,395 with voucher discount for the 55p727 at tcl's lazmall ad today.  full specs and features are also complete in their product details section there. also, it's ph30,000 at western appliance/shopee ad.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2021 at 01:02 PM by demjoe1 »

Offline machoman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: Aug 25, 2021 at 10:27 PM »
which is better between p727 and c716 series?
eyeing their 65".
thanks!

Offline bejiboys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 191
« Reply #367 on: Aug 26, 2021 at 12:05 AM »
August 10 update:  TCL support ([email protected]) called and informed me that the replacement of my TV was approved.  However, as my LED65A8US unit was already outdated, they are offering to have it replaced by an updated model that they have on stock, a 65P727.   I would however need to pay additional charges for that updated model. 

Does anybody have any idea/experience if this "updated" model is at least of equal functionality and value?

What was quite peculiarly mentioned in that call (but not noted on the email I requested to formally document the replacement offer) was that they would offer a 3 month warranty for the replacement unit.  I don't clearly understand what they meant, but if it means the unit is only warrantied up to 3 months upon receipt, aren't I on the losing end as if my old unit were not defective, it is still warrantied up to the end of its 2nd year - which is January '22?

Also, I asked if getting a more expensive variant, even if I were to pay more was an option (thinking if I were to shell out cash, might as well try the QLED variants).  The TCL support did not have any prepared answer, tantamount to a "no".

Aug 25 update:  At long last, I got my replacement unit delivered to my home yesterday.  Compared to the others who had their warranties attended to on time, I wasn't so lucky and it took a while for the replacement. 

However, am much satisfied with the replacement.  Although I had to pay additional 3k for the "replacement upgrade" for the defective 65A8US, the performance and the new features of the 65P727 mentioned above is well worth it - for an entry level TV.   

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #368 on: Aug 26, 2021 at 12:11 AM »
ung TCL 55PM ko na binili last year starting to have a problem. Nag flicker ung left side. You can watch but a times annoying.
2yrs warranty ba si TCL?
Love me or hate me.....

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #369 on: Aug 26, 2021 at 12:14 AM »
unfortunately my 55a8us that i bought last may2020 started to have what looked like backlight flicker on the left section of the screen. so i called tcl customer service on a monday and the technician arrived on friday of the same week. luckily the authorized service center is just within our area.

that was when I was told by the tech to come really close about 6-8in to the screen and you will then see horizontal hairline thin lines probably rows of pixels losing colors. so they are what appeared to be the flickering when viewed from a distance as they were present top to bottom but only on the left half of the screen.

diagnosis, panel issue.  tech said that panel replacement was the likely action to be done. but i insisted to note it in his report that i preferred unit replacement as this was a major part of the item that you do not normally replace.  this is the reason i have this unit in the first place, my lg uh6500 panel went bust at 26months.

i'm still awaiting the final resolution from tcl customer service. will provide the update as it becomes available.
same problem here. I havent contacted service center though.
Love me or hate me.....

Offline demjoe1

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: Aug 26, 2021 at 03:28 PM »
ung TCL 55PM ko na binili last year starting to have a problem. Nag flicker ung left side. You can watch but a times annoying.
2yrs warranty ba si TCL?

yes, it's 2yrs. get your receipt ready to provide the details to tcl customer service when you call them and show it to the technician when they arrive.

Offline sdsmds

• Trade Count: (+357)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 747
« Reply #371 on: Sep 14, 2021 at 10:18 PM »
 Bros ok ba yung Qled 55C815 @ 47k?

Online usbslave

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: Sep 15, 2021 at 10:10 AM »
Share ko lang. Yung 55A8US kayang mag maglabas ng Dolby Atmos via HDMI ARC. Akala ko up to dolby digital.plus lang. Sa amazon prime video nga lang.

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 475
« Reply #373 on: Oct 24, 2021 at 06:04 PM »
Question: iba pa ba yung nilabas ng tcl sa Philippines versus sa abroad? Yung 2020 model na c715 , ano equivalent nun? Series 5 or 6?

Offline scorpionzero

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #374 on: Oct 24, 2021 at 06:26 PM »
Question: iba pa ba yung nilabas ng tcl sa Philippines versus sa abroad? Yung 2020 model na c715 , ano equivalent nun? Series 5 or 6?

nope different model ito. inferior

if you want you can check out the tcl c825 it is mini led, its out now for 87k for the 65" cash

Offline rone121

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #375 on: Nov 12, 2021 at 04:30 PM »
Hi!

New to the forum.. does anyone know if the 43 inch P727 can output 4k resolution using PS4 pro?

Offline Mathew

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #376 on: Nov 18, 2021 at 06:59 PM »
can't find P727 in any TCL website? any one knows link for the complete specifications?

which is better P727 or C725?

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #377 on: Dec 22, 2021 at 10:56 AM »
bakit walang series 6 TCL sa pinas? tama ba?

Offline scorpionzero

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #378 on: Dec 22, 2021 at 12:42 PM »
bakit walang series 6 TCL sa pinas? tama ba?

if you want mini-led fullarray local dimming with hdmi 2.1 specs for gaming  check out tcl c825, yun ung locally released s philippines. :) price of the 65" is the same as LG qned90 though.

Online Nikkie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #379 on: Jan 24, 2022 at 09:58 AM »
May nakapaginstall na ba sa inyo ng Disney Plus?

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #380 on: Jan 28, 2022 at 10:21 AM »
May nakapaginstall na ba sa inyo ng Disney Plus?

I was able to install it on other Android devices. first you need a US Google account and VPN (USA server), duon pa lang lalabas yung Disney+, HBO Max sa google play. or yung iba eh sideload nila, pero madalas need ng update ng app kaya dapat naka US ang google play mo or you need to re-sideload it again.

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 475
« Reply #381 on: Apr 15, 2022 at 03:06 PM »
Tried watching a british video (mapperton live) on youtube and i saw HLG (hybrid log gamma) appear on my screen. The problem is, intense bright light becomes gray. It’s like my qled c715 tv can’t handle it. What should i do?

Offline booghaw

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #382 on: Apr 18, 2022 at 12:01 PM »
which is better P727 or C725

patanong din po sana nito.

Thanks
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2022 at 12:10 PM by booghaw »

Online usbslave

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #383 on: May 06, 2022 at 07:23 PM »
Hello.po. My unit is 55A8US. Meron na po bang naka experience ng ganito. Nagwa washout yung white at nagkakaron ng red specially sa mukha. Nangyayari ito while using mibox s. Pina warranty ko since mag 2 years na sa May22
Sabi kasi ng cust service baka panel. Sana nga para for replacement. Salamat

Online usbslave

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #384 on: May 07, 2022 at 08:37 PM »
Dumating na kanina ang technician. Pinullout na yung unit
Request ko sana ireport nila panel issue para for replacement. Will update soon.

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #385 on: May 07, 2022 at 09:21 PM »
pag gamit lang Mi Box ganyan or any input our source ganyan? hope you get a replacement

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 926
« Reply #386 on: May 07, 2022 at 09:33 PM »
Parang ang taas yata ng failure rate ng TCL here sa pdvd. Been back reading and most of the issues within 1 to 2 years. Good thing ok ang after sales service nila
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022 at 09:36 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Online usbslave

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #387 on: May 08, 2022 at 05:03 PM »
pag gamit lang Mi Box ganyan or any input our source ganyan? hope you get a replacement
Kapag gamit lang ang mibox s. Kapag sa default android tv ok naman.
Nagtry akong ipawarranty hoping na ma replace kasi sa may22 void na warranty
But satisfied naman ako sa performance ng tcl ko

Online usbslave

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: May 08, 2022 at 05:09 PM »
Parang ang taas yata ng failure rate ng TCL here sa pdvd. Been back reading and most of the issues within 1 to 2 years. Good thing ok ang after sales service nila
Yes sir very accomodating sila. Sabi nga nila si tcl lang daw libre pullout ng unit. Sa ibang brand na hawak nila like sharp at prestize eh may pullout fee na icharge sa owner.
At least sir 2 years ang warranty nila. May case ako before sa samsung plasma ko nag ka issue before 2 years kaya napalitan ng panel. That time 2 years pa warranty. Pero ngayon hindi na muna ako mag samsung. 1 yr na lang kasi warranty nila

Online usbslave

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #389 on: May 08, 2022 at 05:11 PM »
Add ko na din. In case for replacement yung unit ko. Ibabalik daw nila yung unit ko habang naghihintay ng new replacement.
Hoping na ma approve yung replacement at P727 ang ibigay. Willing naman akong mag add.