Author Topic: Disney's "Aladdin" on DVD  (Read 8552 times)

Offline kertner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Disney's "Aladdin" on DVD
« on: May 24, 2004 at 01:37 AM »
Disney online is now taking orders for their (R1) Special Edition Aladdin and is offering some FREE goodies to those early birds while supplies last.

I emailed Viva about making the exact same promotion that the online is making, However I doubt that they would.

For sure wel'll have the R3 VIVA vesion  >:(  (as if I should be excited of that) and might have the R1 release here for a short time.

But the goodies;we'll be missing the goodies in which other people can have and that we can never ever have.

...again it's FOR FREE but only for those that pre-ordered online.

Unfortnately I have some trouble attachingthe free gifts but they are:

4 lithographs
                           2 Mini Plush toys of the monkey and the parrot (forgot their names)
                           1 exclusive limited edition collector's pin

I pre-ordered online for my Lion king SE and Finding nemo which have the same product offers and trust me these GIFTS are worth it.

Now if only VIVA can do the same.....hey maybe we can pressure them he he he  >:D
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2009 at 02:23 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
Re: new Aladdin special edition dvd
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004 at 01:59 AM »
just be careful though when ordering with Disney...

- They charge State Tax.
- They ship using a very big box. (Last box costed me 8,000.00 pesoses)
- They only ship R1 DVDs to US and Canada. (Johnny Air Cargo paging!)
-  Orders cannot be cancelled unless a system error has been detected or reported.

Oh well.. I am just waiting for the free shipping promo before ordering all the packages, together with the other pinoydvdmembers...

there's a thread in Region 1 subtopic for  more comprehensive details.

:)

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2004 at 04:46 PM »
I haven't been to Astrovision lately.  Would anybody know if the the R3 Special Edition of Aladdin is now available locally?  Thanks!

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2004 at 05:31 PM »
I haven't been to Astrovision lately.  Would anybody know if the the R3 Special Edition of Aladdin is now available locally?  Thanks!

I just called astro festival mall
meron na daw Alladdin R3 at 750.

Fyi

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2004 at 05:35 PM »
Meron ba difference the R1 sa R3 please. Thanks
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2004 at 05:39 PM »

I just called astro festival mall
meron na daw Alladdin R3 at 750.

Fyi

Thanks for the info.  Would most probably drop by Astro this weekend to buy.

:D

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2004 at 08:07 AM »
Meron ba difference the R1 sa R3 please. Thanks

Yeah... does anybody know if there are differences between the R1 and R3 releases?

???

Offline RDyENT

• Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 01:34 AM »
Disc 1

- Available subtitles: English, Spanish, French English, Mandarin, Cantonese
- Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), Disney Enhanced Home Theater Mix (Dolby Digital 5.1), French, Spanish,  English, English5.1 Disney Enhanced HT Mix, Mandarin, Cantonese
- Commentary by the filmmakers
- Commentary by the animators
- Restored and enhanced digital transfer with an all-new 5.1 Disney Enhanced Home Theater Mix
- Deleted Scenes & Songs
- Deleted Song "Proud Of Your Boy" by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken
- Clay Aiken Performs "Proud Of Your Boy"
- " A Whole New World" performed by Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey as well the older video by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle
- Pop-Up Fun Facts -- Watch the film in this special "trivia mode" feature to experience and share fun and interesting secrets about the film
- Disney Sing-Along Song Selection

Region 3 version

Disc 2

- Alan Menken: Musical Renaissance Man
- "A Diamond In The Rough: The Making Of ALADDIN" -- new documentary
- Disney's Virtual DVD Ride: ALADDIN's Magic Carpet Adventure
- The Art Of ALADDIN
- 3 Wishes Game
- Inside The Genie's Lamp -- Never-Before Seen 3-D Tour  a fun ride indeed may guest stars pa
- The Genie World Tour

I haven't watched the DVD yet, cannot comment on  the transfer. I just skeemed through the special feautres, roughly the same with its R1 counterpart.  It does have a single page insert pero the cover of the case was kinda crumpled due to the depressions of the plastic case. I would say that the R3 version is a diamond in the rough. ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2004 at 01:44 AM by RDyENT »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 01:47 AM »
wow Disney Enhanced Theater Mix included.. when i play the dvd using DETM, I notice that DETM creates a wrap-around surround sound which provides the listener a different audio perspective--involvement ala DTS.  using all available channels, the sound appears to be louder and more dimensional (not sure if this is the proper term).. 

DVD-wise, the contents are pretty much the same with R1 release except for the Disney Sneek Previews area.. which features trailers of  Mulan I & II, Bambi Platinum Edition, Mary Poppins SE, Make a Wish, etc..

great buy indeed..   thanks rdyent for taking the risk and buying this dvd to give us an overview... real collectors are risk takers.. kudos, my friend!!!

;)

« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2004 at 01:53 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline RDyENT

• Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 01:53 AM »

The contents are pretty much the same with R1 release except for the Disney Sneek Previews area.. which features trailers of  Mulan I & II, Bambi Platinum Edition, Mary Poppins SE, Make a Wish, etc..

It does have the Disney Sneak Peeks which features trailers for:
  • Mulan
  • Mulan II
  • Disney's Twice Upon a Christmas
  • The Incredibles
  • Home on The Range
  • Aladdin Collectors Box Set
  • Bambi
  • Make A Wish Ad

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 02:01 AM »
BinGO!! This is a good buy.. :)

i think the contents mirror the R2 release.. since the following are not included (or i have overlooked) in the R1 release:

- Disney's Twice Upon a Christmas
- The Incredibles
- Home on The Range
-  Aladdin Collectors Box Set

« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2004 at 02:15 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline RDyENT

• Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 02:06 AM »

and Disney's Twice Upon a Christmas would be available in UK only real soon. No definite plans for US release of the said title.. ..

OT
I hope they release it here before Christmas. I'm looking forward to watch my favorite Disney characters like Donald and his nephews in 3D Animation.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 02:12 AM »

OT
I hope they release it here before Christmas. I'm looking forward to watch my favorite Disney characters like Donald and his nephews in 3D Animation.

nyek.. to be released na rin pala.. This is your lucky day rdyent..

November 9, 2004

*modified previous post

;D :D
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2004 at 02:16 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline huge_fox

• Apprentice
  • I'm an X-Phile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 04:44 AM »

It does have the Disney Sneak Peeks which features trailers for:
  • Mulan
  • Mulan II
  • Disney's Twice Upon a Christmas
  • The Incredibles
  • Home on The Range
  • Aladdin Collectors Box Set
  • Bambi
  • Make A Wish Ad

Yes, I taught its one hell of an advertisement due to never-ending trailers, but the DVD is excellent.  They include songs that were deleted due to story modifications.  I like "Proud of Your Boy", a song about the relationship of Aladdin and his mother, too bad it's not included in the final theatrical cut.  Although there's no music video of Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle singing "A Whole New World", behind the scene recordings of Lea Salonga and Brad Kane is a blast.  Plus, there are exciting games too.
Trust No One

Offline RDyENT

• Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 07:09 AM »

Although there's no music video of Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle singing "A Whole New World", behind the scene recordings of Lea Salonga and Brad Kane is a blast.  Plus, there are exciting games too.

Meron naman ah on Disc one, Music and more after the Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey version of "A Whole New World".

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+433)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1259
« Reply #15 on: Oct 07, 2004 at 10:53 AM »
Also got this yesterday & I think its a good buy at P750. The only minus (as expected) is the packaging. 

Offline huge_fox

• Apprentice
  • I'm an X-Phile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 03:04 AM »
Really! *Excited* Let me check.... *scurry over the stock of DVDs...* Wow! They even recorded "Proud of Your Boy" sung by Clay Aiken! Thanks!
Trust No One

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 03:14 PM »
Bought my copy of the R3 release, 'though I haven't watched it yet.  Based on the menu screenshots and features described in in the Region 1 thread, it seems that most of the major features are included in the Region 3 release. 

However, nakakainis ang cover art ng R3 release - VIVA did not even have the time and effort to edit the copy of the cover!  The front cover includes the phrase "INCLUDE A VIRTUAL MAGIC CARPET RIDE".  Isn't it supposed to be "INCLUDES A VIRTUAL MAGIC CARPET RIDE"?  Tapos, sa likod naman, naka-print ang 'FUNE & GAMES' -- is there such a word as FUNE??  Ano ba iyan!!!  Parang cover ng pirated DVD!!  >:( >:(

Tapos, pagbukas ko ng case, nakakita ako ng insert which said "DVD GUIDE" -- just like the one that comes with the R1 release.  But much to my dismay, there was no multi-fold guide.  It's just a back-to-back sheet with only a menu of scene selections at the back.   :( :(

« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2004 at 08:06 AM by rafgar »

Offline Baluts

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 05:21 PM »
magrerelease ba dito ng R1 version nito katulad ng ibang narelease na disney titles?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 06:19 PM »
most likely, they will release the R1 here in the Philippines. You might have noticed that the r1 Three Musketeers (new version) is already in stores. This could be a good sign.  ;D

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 10:51 PM »
I've ask astro mkt about this.And they said that they will have a r1 release.No release date though.And also for the other disney titles as well like lion king 2 , mulan. :)

Offline msgt16

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #21 on: Oct 10, 2004 at 07:36 AM »
sana may slipcase na kasama yung R1 dito... :)

sorry if OT, pero when will Shawshank 2-disc R3 be released here? pareho kaya sila ng R1? thanks! :)

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 347
« Reply #22 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 06:37 PM »
However, nakakainis ang cover art ng R3 release - VIVA did not even have the time and effort to edit the copy of the cover!  The front cover includes the phrase "INCLUDE A VIRTUAL MAGIC CARPET RIDE".  Isn't it supposed to be "INCLUDES A VIRTUAL MAGIC CARPET RIDE"?  Tapos, sa likod naman, naka-print ang 'FUNE & GAMES' -- is there such a word as FUNE??  Ano ba iyan!!!  Parang cover ng pirated DVD!!  >:( >:(

Tapos, pagbukas ko ng case, nakakita ako ng insert which said "DVD GUIDE" -- just like the one that comes with the R1 release.  But much to my dismay, there was no multi-fold guide.  It's just a back-to-back sheet with only a menu of scene selections at the back.   :( :(

I AGREE 100%.  The typo errors (I'm assuming these were not intentional) were pretty obvious.  Careless ang Viva.  >:(  Good thing the DVD's contents are not sub-standard compared to the R1.

We deserve better.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 06:39 PM »
have you checked if all labels are correct?? check Three Musketeers R3's spine. the title says Three Musket..

i wonder why Mulan SE is nowhere to be found..

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 08:18 PM »
I've been looking for Mulan SE too ... as in everytime I go out, I try to look for one pero wala talaga siya.  Madami VCD pero the DVD ... haaaay  :-\

**added to post**

sorry guys, i thought this was the mulan thread. got thrown off kasi i was reading the post of Mr. H and yung nag stick sa akin was what he said about Mulan SE
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2004 at 08:40 PM by diver »
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline RDyENT

• Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 08:27 PM »
I've been looking for Mulan SE too ... as in everytime I go out, I try to look for one pero wala talaga siya. Madami VCD pero the DVD ... haaaay :-\

Two weeks ago, I saw 5 copies of Mulan SE available at Odyssey Megamall. I hope may available copies for you.

Offline RDyENT

• Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 06:57 PM »
have you checked if all labels are correct?? check Three Musketeers R3's spine. the title says Three Musket..

OT

Jetcmd, Garfield_3199
and I bumped into Me-Anne from Viva at Astro SM North. She wasn't aware of the wrong spelling for the Three Musketeers. according to her the packaging was also imported from Taiwan. It went srtraight from customs to the stores, bypassing them altogether. She was surprised to see the glaring error sa spine, with a side by side comparison sa R1. She promised to call the attention of their regional office. The R1 copies of Aladdin daw are lost sa customs but will come out soon, along with Day After Tomorrow.

Offline jetcmd

• Collector
  • kids' doc
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 10:48 PM »
haay naku... my 4-year old daughter just couldn't get over watching this DVD since yesterday... she has watched Aladdin 4x na.... :)

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 11:24 PM »

I AGREE 100%. The typo errors (I'm assuming these were not intentional) were pretty obvious. Careless ang Viva. >:( Good thing the DVD's contents are not sub-standard compared to the R1.

Yup, Viva can be quite careless with printing. On the back cover of Thelma and Louise, Special Features include an "Extended Ending With Ridly Scott." Hmm.. kaano-ano niya kaya si Ridley?? Still, it seems that Aladdin is doing quite well because when I picked up my copy of Troy LE from Astro Greenhills yesterday, I couldn't find any copies on display..

haay naku... my 4-year old daughter just couldn't get over watching this DVD since yesterday... she has watched Aladdin 4x na.... :)

..and I'm sure 4x mo na rin napanood, hehe..  ;) OT: jet, did your Back To The Future na galing Astro sale include inserts? PM me..  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2004 at 11:26 PM by cherubrock »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Oct 14, 2004 at 12:00 AM »
cherubrock.. for initial launch sale.. Astro limits their selling stocks to minimal .. as in konti lang.. sa Mulan and Aladdin in Astro Sucat.. they only got 4 each.. What??

hayun..  ubos after an hour.. after trial.. order sila ng marami because they can already predict sales turnout.. :)