Author Topic: Monitor Audio Speakers  (Read 468556 times)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Monitor Audio Speakers
« Reply #3090 on: May 10, 2010 at 02:33 PM »
@sir dips

Actually, wanted to put the BR2 on stands. Are the BR1s cheaper than the BR2s? If so, I may also pursue that route as well to stay much more within the budget restriction.  :)

In regards to waiting for the x08's...I don't think I have the patience to wait for the models.  :( Really want to get all my gears set up and just sit back, relax, and enjoy. 

But I have to ask...when is the eta of these models? more than a month?

brader one important part of this hobby is focus, know hat you need if you can not get what you want, there are so many things that will come out and too many models and stuff available better than what you want, cheaper than what you have, more expensive that what you can afford. in my case, i can always share with yuo whats good but at the end of the day, yuo decide on which path to take, focus makes the choice easier in all aspect. I believe you already have a surround speaker at hand, so to stay focused, might as well use it, get your ears aclimatized to the sound for a longer period of time. its hard to decide on something you have not heard yourself then perhaps buy what you want when you can afford it. otherwsie, yuo will wait and not get strted at all

in my case, im sure n othing beats the RSFX for surround and another RS1 for front wide but since my focus is just to get me completed with the Audyssey DSX at the bidget I can afford, I bought the MA B2 for front wide and kept my Wharfe 9DFS for surround. This is the best I can have for now. If I get to have enough money someday, I will then focus on the RSFX and another RS1 but for now, the 9DFS and B2 makes me a happy and satsified HT guy

Its all a matter of focus, just my 2 cents brader ;D ;D ;D ;D marc.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3091 on: May 10, 2010 at 02:48 PM »
@sir dips

Actually, wanted to put the BR2 on stands. Are the BR1s cheaper than the BR2s? If so, I may also pursue that route as well to stay much more within the budget restriction.  :)

In regards to waiting for the x08's...I don't think I have the patience to wait for the models.  :( Really want to get all my gears set up and just sit back, relax, and enjoy. 

But I have to ask...when is the eta of these models? more than a month?

BR1's should be cheaper than the BR2.  If I'm not mistaken the BR2's should go for around 14-15k brand new while the BR1 should be somewhere around 10k.  One more thing though, unless you're going to go with black ash, color of the BR series, which is only laminated is very different from real wood veneer color of the rx series.  Walnut colors for both are really different.

As for the Onkyo x08's, I'm not sure if all models are coming out soon though.  The 608's have been recenlty released in the US and Singapore (late April, early May) but I don't know if the higher models, which you are looking for, will also be released as well.  An audio video store is already out of stock of the 607 and has informed me that the 608 might be ready by around June.  

As for Onkyo606's comments.  I fully agree with that.  Depende sa iyo.  I just recommended the BR1's because I know eventually, you'd want to upgrade to the rxfx and the BR1 would be more budget friendly for the time being and would be easier to mount and would integrate better into the aesthetics of the room.  (BR2 is a little big for me for surrounds)

Now for the pluses of the BR2, it would be easier to use them as fronts and maybe easier to sell in the second hand market than the BR1. 

Like Onkyo606, I too am also just using 9dfs for my surrounds with my small TSi 100 and CS10 (future bedroom setup).  Will be transferring to Tannoy floorstanders and a Tannoy Bookshelf for a center soon but will continue to use the 9dfs for side surrounds and am considering getting the 10.0 for rear surrounds.  So far am quite happy with the 9dfs and I'm sure Onkyo606 has found it to be satisfactory for the purpose.  Then again, there has been guys who has upgraded from the dfs into MA surrounds.  It really is a personal decision. 

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #3092 on: May 10, 2010 at 02:49 PM »
Nice find luther.. ito ngayon ko pa lang babasahin at game3 pa naman ng LAL vs UTA :)
MA owner/fan - ok na kaya RA 1520 to drive the RX2?

Konting bilis lang sa pagbasa para hindi ka mahilo sa translation ;D from Poland kasi yung website.

^^^^^ i forgot to mention the RX1 i tested was practically brand new and just got out of the box ;D kulang pa sa break-in to hear its full potential .... nevertheless ..... maganda na siya from the box ;D kaya siguro pala forward sounding.

Yes sa dami ng companies na nagpapatalbugan ..... its so hard to choose ;D but its fun nevertheless ;D

At least finally i was introduced to MA ...... sarap mag second system setup ;D

Kasalanan ni DOM talaga ito ..... mabuti medyo nasa malayo na siya :P

yep, I heard dealer na din si DOM ng MA ok din ang discount sa kanya.

With regards to break-in sir ment, IME around 200hrs. inabot bago lumabas ang talagang tunog ng RXs its just too late when I found a test/burn-in cd recently . . . sandali lang sana ang break-in :-\

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3093 on: May 10, 2010 at 03:33 PM »
BR1's should be cheaper than the BR2.  If I'm not mistaken the BR2's should go for around 14-15k brand new while the BR1 should be somewhere around 10k.  One more thing though, unless you're going to go with black ash, color of the BR series, which is only laminated is very different from real wood veneer color of the rx series.  Walnut colors for both are really different.

As for the Onkyo x08's, I'm not sure if all models are coming out soon though.  The 608's have been recenlty released in the US and Singapore (late April, early May) but I don't know if the higher models, which you are looking for, will also be released as well.  An audio video store is already out of stock of the 607 and has informed me that the 608 might be ready by around June.  

As for Onkyo606's comments.  I fully agree with that.  Depende sa iyo.  I just recommended the BR1's because I know eventually, you'd want to upgrade to the rxfx and the BR1 would be more budget friendly for the time being and would be easier to mount and would integrate better into the aesthetics of the room.  (BR2 is a little big for me for surrounds)

Now for the pluses of the BR2, it would be easier to use them as fronts and maybe easier to sell in the second hand market than the BR1. 

Like Onkyo606, I too am also just using 9dfs for my surrounds with my small TSi 100 and CS10 (future bedroom setup).  Will be transferring to Tannoy floorstanders and a Tannoy Bookshelf for a center soon but will continue to use the 9dfs for side surrounds and am considering getting the 10.0 for rear surrounds.  So far am quite happy with the 9dfs and I'm sure Onkyo606 has found it to be satisfactory for the purpose.  Then again, there has been guys who has upgraded from the dfs into MA surrounds.  It really is a personal decision. 

very happy with the 9DFS so far sir dips, saka na yung MA na surround pag kaya na ng budget ;D ;D ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3094 on: May 10, 2010 at 03:36 PM »
Konting bilis lang sa pagbasa para hindi ka mahilo sa translation ;D from Poland kasi yung website.

yep, I heard dealer na din si DOM ng MA ok din ang discount sa kanya.

With regards to break-in sir ment, IME around 200hrs. inabot bago lumabas ang talagang tunog ng RXs its just too late when I found a test/burn-in cd recently . . . sandali lang sana ang break-in :-\

ok lang yan sir kung baga sa mangga eh mas masarap ang hinog sa puno pag kinalburo kase parang superficial ang tamis

di ba sarap namnamin ng resulta ng matyagang pag iintay mo??? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3095 on: May 10, 2010 at 03:56 PM »
oo naman sir master . . . parang yung baby mo tyaga ko din aantayin  :D

tagal nun ah 200hrs. . . . kaya minsan mas ok pa kumuha ng demo unit eh(basta may extra discount heheh)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010 at 03:57 PM by dts-HD 3D »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3096 on: May 10, 2010 at 04:11 PM »
oo naman sir master . . . parang yung baby mo tyaga ko din aantayin  :D

tagal nun ah 200hrs. . . . kaya minsan mas ok pa kumuha ng demo unit eh(basta may extra discount heheh)
pambihira oist bakit sir master yan baka tayo mapulis nyan akoy isang pipitsugin lang dine hehehehe

kongting intay ka na lang brader baka end of the week nex week yan e talo talo na, ;D ;)

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3097 on: May 10, 2010 at 04:31 PM »
ayus! boss chief, maririnig ko na din MAs mo . . . yan di na ot
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010 at 04:35 PM by dts-HD 3D »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3098 on: May 10, 2010 at 04:36 PM »
ayus! boss chief, maririnig ko na din MAs mo . . . yan di na ot

ano ba yan boss chief naman baka mag ka identity crisis na ako nyan hehehehe

Offline phipsi1

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3099 on: May 10, 2010 at 07:57 PM »
@Mga MA Braders

I have finally finalized my first 5.1 audio setup: 

Onkyo 807
MA RX6
MA RXCenter
MA RX1
SVS pb10nsd

Really looking forward to getting this set up and having a movie night with my wife.

Thanks for such a great owners thread!

Cheers!

Offline phipsi1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3100 on: May 10, 2010 at 08:01 PM »
Quick technical question to all (have also posted this on the Onkyo AVR thread).  The Onkyo 807 was benchmarked and these were the following results:

HT Labs Measures
Five channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 105.5 watts
1% distortion at 122.0 watts

Since my RX speakers are a 6-ohm load, what could I assume would be the wpc output for five channels driven continuously for 6 ohms?

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #3101 on: May 10, 2010 at 11:49 PM »
Quick technical question to all (have also posted this on the Onkyo AVR thread).  The Onkyo 807 was benchmarked and these were the following results:

HT Labs Measures
Five channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 105.5 watts
1% distortion at 122.0 watts

Since my RX speakers are a 6-ohm load, what could I assume would be the wpc output for five channels driven continuously for 6 ohms?

Typically, it would be a bit higher with 5 or more channels driven (and a lot higher with just 1 or 2 channels driven).

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3102 on: May 11, 2010 at 08:59 PM »
Typically, it would be a bit higher with 5 or more channels driven (and a lot higher with just 1 or 2 channels driven).

lower ohm needs more power i think. If 807 produce max 135wpc @8ohm therefore it will produce 160-180wpc @ 6ohms
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010 at 09:00 PM by ayosbathere »

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #3103 on: May 12, 2010 at 12:59 AM »
The ramp isn't very steep with multichannel receivers, lalo na kung simultaneously driven yung channels. Nagcocollapse kasi yung rail kadalasan. Given the quoted performance at 8 ohms, swerte ka na sa 130wpc at 0.1% distortion sa 6 ohm load (5 channels driven).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010 at 01:05 AM by Stagea »

Offline rap2x

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3104 on: May 12, 2010 at 09:55 AM »
@Mga MA Braders

I have finally finalized my first 5.1 audio setup: 

Onkyo 807
MA RX6
MA RXCenter
MA RX1
SVS pb10nsd

Really looking forward to getting this set up and having a movie night with my wife.

Thanks for such a great owners thread!

Cheers!

Congratz sir :) Bigtime set-up, for sure you family will enjoy Quality Movie Night (u can't never gowrong with MA+Onkyo Combi)...parang si tirsoDOL at lutherDOL lang :D

Offline phipsi1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3105 on: May 12, 2010 at 05:40 PM »
@rap2x

Thanks! I know that this will be leaps & bounds better than our previous audio setup..............................A Philips HTS8140 Soundbar. But my wife & I enjoyed many a movie nights with the Soundbar, and were actually sad to see it go, but had to sell it for additional funds towards the 5.1 setup upgrade!  ;D The setup is planned for Saturday, so it should be a late night movie marathon, starting with my all-time favorite - - - - - Batman.The Dark Knight! Why so serious!?!?!?  ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3106 on: May 12, 2010 at 07:21 PM »
@rap2x

Thanks! I know that this will be leaps & bounds better than our previous audio setup..............................A Philips HTS8140 Soundbar. But my wife & I enjoyed many a movie nights with the Soundbar, and were actually sad to see it go, but had to sell it for additional funds towards the 5.1 setup upgrade!  ;D The setup is planned for Saturday, so it should be a late night movie marathon, starting with my all-time favorite - - - - - Batman.The Dark Knight! Why so serious!?!?!?  ;D

MA all the wayyyyyyyyyyyy ;D ;D ;D

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3107 on: May 13, 2010 at 06:54 AM »
@rap2x

baka pwede sama kami diyan sa late night marathon ninyo ;D

wag ninyo nalang kami pansinin .... as if we are not there :P

Offline phipsi1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3108 on: May 13, 2010 at 08:42 AM »
@ment

hehe. Like I told brader tirso. It would be great to invite you all to demo my setup kasi if not for this amazing thread and the people here, I would have been stuck using a HTIB and never experiencing the audio nirvana that a 5.1 setup can offer!  ;D Mini eb sa condo ko soon!  ;D

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3109 on: May 13, 2010 at 10:32 AM »
@ment

hehe. Like I told brader tirso. It would be great to invite you all to demo my setup kasi if not for this amazing thread and the people here, I would have been stuck using a HTIB and never experiencing the audio nirvana that a 5.1 setup can offer!  ;D Mini eb sa condo ko soon!  ;D

Oh no!!! Condo?  Galit galit siguro sa inyo ang neighbors niyo diyan.  Lalo na kung late nights.  SVS pa!!!  Hahaha.  Live in a condo myself and when I moved in I was hearing this very light exploding sound but with rumble.  I even called the guard to ask if they heard anything.  (Di naman malakas at istorbo... distressing lang kapag di mo alam kung ano.)  It was only after PDVD and after auditioning in audio shops that I thought na malamang HT lang iyon. ;D 

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3110 on: May 13, 2010 at 10:38 AM »
lol! saang condo yan? baka yan ang naririnig kong malakas sa taas ko :D

Offline phipsi1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3111 on: May 13, 2010 at 01:38 PM »
@dips & rastasega

Braders. nako, yun yung fear ko...the neighbors. pero, yung condo namin sa corner. I had many a loud movie nights using my soundbar, and walang complaints. BUT the comparison between a philips soundbar sub vs. an SVS pb10nsd is like comparing....well....you know what i mean.  ;D

When the security knocks at the door, I will just turn off the system and act like I have no idea what they are talking about.  ;)

to be honest, most viewing times will be during the day that my son and his yaya will be at the play area and my wife and I can get a good two hours in of movie viewing (1 movie) or music relaxation. I feel like a little kid on Christmas day getting all these gears.  ;D

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3112 on: May 13, 2010 at 02:04 PM »
@dips & rastasega

Braders. nako, yun yung fear ko...the neighbors. pero, yung condo namin sa corner. I had many a loud movie nights using my soundbar, and walang complaints. BUT the comparison between a philips soundbar sub vs. an SVS pb10nsd is like comparing....well....you know what i mean.  ;D

When the security knocks at the door, I will just turn off the system and act like I have no idea what they are talking about.  ;)

to be honest, most viewing times will be during the day that my son and his yaya will be at the play area and my wife and I can get a good two hours in of movie viewing (1 movie) or music relaxation. I feel like a little kid on Christmas day getting all these gears.  ;D

Bro, chances are, if the security comes knocking, di mo sila maririnig. hahaha...  Antayin nila matapos ang movie.  Hahaha. 

Congrats.  Medyo tipid ka siguro for the next few weeks dahil ayaw mong lumabas ng bahay.  Hahaha. 

Offline romymartinez

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3113 on: May 24, 2010 at 03:03 PM »
For those who haven't read it yet, here's 6moons' review of RX2

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/monitoraudio/rx2.html

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010 at 03:17 PM by romymartinez »

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3114 on: May 25, 2010 at 07:21 AM »
For those who haven't read it yet, here's 6moons' review of RX2

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/monitoraudio/rx2.html

Thanks for the link.  If I'm not mistaken, its an edited translated version of what was posted earlier?  Much easier to read and understand now. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010 at 07:22 AM by dips15 »

Offline vaportrail

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:

Offline xyobub

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

Offline Digities

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3117 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 12:34 AM »
i will wait for the bx surround to replace my 9dfs.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3118 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 07:06 PM »
wow galing :o maikulam ko nga to sa ka trabaho ko  ;D ;D

post mo na yung RSFX mo brader, malihim ka masyado eh ;)

Offline xyobub

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3119 on: Jul 15, 2010 at 02:53 AM »
post mo na yung RSFX mo brader, malihim ka masyado eh ;)

relax brader, 50/50 ang usapan namin nung dealer  ;D, kaya mga 1st week pa ng Sept. ang next update ;)