Author Topic: Monitor Audio Speakers  (Read 468601 times)

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Monitor Audio Speakers
« Reply #2760 on: Mar 01, 2008 at 08:41 PM »
Thanks! :D

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2761 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 08:17 AM »
kung makakuha ka ng MA Silver 2, yun ang sure ball na ma recommend ko na bookshelf ng MA, that was the speaker that i heard at WATT HIFI that introduced me to MA, super claro, actually in hindsight, malaki ang pagsisi ko na MA S6+S1-LCR and kinuha ko!!!

........dapat S10+S2+LCR !!!!!!  ;D i wish!
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"

Offline ches

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2762 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 08:58 AM »
:) you should check out the platinum series of the monitor audio, audioworld is offering it at a good price last time I went there. if you got the platinum  series wala ka na iisipin pa, that's the highest end na model na ng MA. hehe. but i forgot the srp of the book shelf na I think its around 180t ata with the matching stand.

Offline Signal2Noise

• Collector
  • Triode Junkie...It's MUSIC not HIFI!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2763 on: Mar 19, 2008 at 12:34 AM »
havent heard an S6 myself. aesthetically, the RS6 looks much better. sound-wise, the RS6 they say, has more bass and body as compared to the older S6.

superman is in better position to comment as he has owned an S6 and most probably has heard an RS6 as well.
hint: i opted for the GS10 as against the RS6 after my A-B comparison. :)

Sir,

Question...Have you tried or anybody from here experienced to compare Monitor Audio GS10 versus Sonus Faber Concertino Domus?

I'm eyeing either GS10 or SF Concertino Domus in replacement of my S6. 

Thanks,

S2N
VPI
Musical Surroundings
Harbeth
Sonusfaber
Garrard
Exposure
NAD
Amadeus SR#1 KT88
Maestro SET 845

Offline edwin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
« Reply #2764 on: Mar 20, 2008 at 08:48 AM »
Sir,

Question...Have you tried or anybody from here experienced to compare Monitor Audio GS10 versus Sonus Faber Concertino Domus?

Thanks,

S2N

GS 10 is dynamic, Domus is darker in tonal balance.
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #2765 on: Mar 20, 2008 at 06:48 PM »
Sir,

Thanks,

S2N
hi sir, ive owned both for sometime though ive sold the SF last mid year. the sonus faber sounds a bit dull to me, bass is ample, mids are very very nice, highs are a bit restrained. there is less air and the sound is a bit on the flat side.

the MA GS10 on the other hand sounds aggressive to me. lows are more than enough, mids are fantastic, highs are very very extended. it sounds very detailed and there is a lot of air as if the sound is not coming out of a boxed speaker. you need good system matching to make them sing kasi kung hindi, it may sound too bright.

personally, i like the sound of the MA golds in comparison to the SF Tinos.

consider also the FF:
-vienna acoustics haydn
-VSA VR1
-totem rainmaker
-LSA audio lsa1
-usher BE718

to me, any of these is better than the SF Tinos but 2 in this list i would consider at par with the GS10 :)
happy hunting!
im allan - 09178087173

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2766 on: Mar 20, 2008 at 07:12 PM »
[.... lows are more than enough, mids are fantastic, highs are very very extended. it sounds very detailed and there is a lot of air as if the sound is not coming out of a boxed speaker...
[/quote]

...i think MAs can be described as OPEN sounding speakers, its this character that attracted me to it, if you're a fan of live music, it will catch your attention for sure as you are very familiar with how music is heard in person rather than coming from a reproduction...this reminds me of MA's slogan " as close as it gets"...

Offline edwin

• DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
« Reply #2767 on: Mar 20, 2008 at 10:01 PM »
[.... lows are more than enough, mids are fantastic, highs are very very extended. it sounds very detailed and there is a lot of air as if the sound is not coming out of a boxed speaker...

...i think MAs can be described as OPEN sounding speakers, its this character that attracted me to it, if you're a fan of live music, it will catch your attention for sure as you are very familiar with how music is heard in person rather than coming from a reproduction...this reminds me of MA's slogan " as close as it gets"...

But do consider that open sounding speakers need to be match with  good components down the chain, including your cables. Match it with a beginner system and you will be in trouble. Listening fatigue will surely comes in.
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2768 on: Mar 21, 2008 at 12:46 AM »
you're right sir Edwin, system matching for any system at any level (entry to high end) is the key to enjoyment, garbage in - garbage out  ;D

Offline Signal2Noise

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2769 on: Mar 21, 2008 at 01:16 AM »
hi sir, ive owned both for sometime though ive sold the SF last mid year. the sonus faber sounds a bit dull to me, bass is ample, mids are very very nice, highs are a bit restrained. there is less air and the sound is a bit on the flat side.

the MA GS10 on the other hand sounds aggressive to me. lows are more than enough, mids are fantastic, highs are very very extended. it sounds very detailed and there is a lot of air as if the sound is not coming out of a boxed speaker. you need good system matching to make them sing kasi kung hindi, it may sound too bright.

personally, i like the sound of the MA golds in comparison to the SF Tinos.

consider also the FF:
-vienna acoustics haydn
-VSA VR1
-totem rainmaker
-LSA audio lsa1
-usher BE718

to me, any of these is better than the SF Tinos but 2 in this list i would consider at par with the GS10 :)
happy hunting!

Yup ur right about the tinos...When I auditioned the pair here in Dubai....I wasn't really impressed much.  As if there's something wrong or missing.

My budget is $1K-1.5K, perhaps I 'll go to the LSA1.  Audition ko na lang later once I arrived in the country this coming May.  Many thanks...

S2N
VPI
Musical Surroundings
Harbeth
Sonusfaber
Garrard
Exposure
NAD
Amadeus SR#1 KT88
Maestro SET 845

Offline Signal2Noise

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2770 on: Mar 21, 2008 at 01:22 AM »
GS 10 is dynamic, Domus is darker in tonal balance.

Sir,

Thanks...I've heard the GS10 and was impressed better than the domus.  However, I want to try the LSA1 coz my outgoing speaker is already a pair of MA S6.  I want to try other brands with models either the same caliber or much better than with the MA's.

Thank you once again....

S2N.
VPI
Musical Surroundings
Harbeth
Sonusfaber
Garrard
Exposure
NAD
Amadeus SR#1 KT88
Maestro SET 845

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #2771 on: Mar 21, 2008 at 02:35 AM »
Sir,

Thanks...I've heard the GS10 and was impressed better than the domus.  However, I want to try the LSA1 coz my outgoing speaker is already a pair of MA S6.  I want to try other brands with models either the same caliber or much better than with the MA's.

Thank you once again....

S2N.
try this bro...
VA haydn
usher be718
:) id be glad to hear your thoughts later. enjoy the auditioning...
im allan - 09178087173

Offline Watusi

• Apprentice
  • I am a friend of God..
  • Liked:
« Reply #2772 on: Apr 14, 2008 at 02:20 AM »
Ei guys just want to inquire how much is MA speakers dyan sa atin, I have checked the price of each of the MA speakers available here in Dubai and here is what I have got so far, parang sa tingin ko its way too much ang price d2.  Kung mas mura jan sa atin, then I would just buy na lang dyan sa atin. 

BR Series:
BR2 - AED 1,580
BR5 - AED 3,120
BR6 - AED 4,290
BRLCR - AED 1,015
BRFX - AED 1,580

RS Series:
RS1 - AED 2,700
RS5 - AED 3,750
RS6 - AED 4,680
RS8 - AED 6,240
RSLCR - AED 2,340
RSFX - AED 2,730

*1 AED = 11.30 Php

Hope to hear from you guys! Thanks! 

Offline metalgodz

• Collector
  • there is a GOD and you're not him...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2773 on: Apr 14, 2008 at 10:21 AM »
you can inquire at SGT Home Theater or pm butch.
i believe the prices are a lot lower than what you have posted (converted to peso).

Pls visit the AV stores sales and events thread.

Offline Watusi

• Apprentice
  • I am a friend of God..
  • Liked:
« Reply #2774 on: Apr 14, 2008 at 01:11 PM »
Thanks, I already sent a pm to Butch

Offline aepaguinaldo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2775 on: May 02, 2008 at 08:39 AM »
Hello. I'm thinking of adding a set of stereo speakers to my current Denon 28xx series set-up for stereo listening. I just wanted to inquire if anyone has experience in matching the Monitor Audio BR2 to a Denon. What would be the pros and cons I'm also considering a Mordaunt Short Avant 902i. 

TIA for your help

Offline Grimlock

• Collector
  • No Magic Mr Slinky!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2776 on: May 06, 2008 at 08:18 AM »
HI, I am using a Denon-BR2 pair. Very satisfied with the pair, on both HT and music.  I suggest you audition to check if it also suits your need. Good luck!

Hello. I'm thinking of adding a set of stereo speakers to my current Denon 28xx series set-up for stereo listening. I just wanted to inquire if anyone has experience in matching the Monitor Audio BR2 to a Denon. What would be the pros and cons I'm also considering a Mordaunt Short Avant 902i. 

TIA for your help

Offline Signal2Noise

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2777 on: May 08, 2008 at 03:56 AM »
Ei guys just want to inquire how much is MA speakers dyan sa atin, I have checked the price of each of the MA speakers available here in Dubai and here is what I have got so far, parang sa tingin ko its way too much ang price d2.  Kung mas mura jan sa atin, then I would just buy na lang dyan sa atin. 

BR Series:
BR2 - AED 1,580
BR5 - AED 3,120
BR6 - AED 4,290
BRLCR - AED 1,015
BRFX - AED 1,580

RS Series:
RS1 - AED 2,700
RS5 - AED 3,750
RS6 - AED 4,680
RS8 - AED 6,240
RSLCR - AED 2,340
RSFX - AED 2,730

*1 AED = 11.30 Php

Hope to hear from you guys! Thanks! 

Hi...I think medyo overpriced ang quotation mo sa MA's.  If you're in Dubai I know the person who is the sole distributor of MA products in the entire Middle East / GCC Region.  Say his price is less for about AED800+ especially sa RS Series....BTW saan ka sa Dubai?  I'm here sa Internet City...PM me if you're really interested to buy kase he (distributor) only entertains serious buyers.

Ciao,

S2N
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008 at 04:06 AM by Signal2Noise »
VPI
Musical Surroundings
Harbeth
Sonusfaber
Garrard
Exposure
NAD
Amadeus SR#1 KT88
Maestro SET 845

Offline Watusi

• Apprentice
  • I am a friend of God..
  • Liked:
« Reply #2778 on: May 15, 2008 at 06:47 PM »
S2N, yup the prices are way too high, I met the guy who sells the MA brands at souq.com and was able to visit his showroom in Bur Dubai.  Meron pa bang ibang distributor ang MA speakers d2 sa Dubai kasi according to him he's the only distributor in the entire UAE.  D2 naman me sir sa Airport Free Zone.   

Offline Signal2Noise

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2779 on: May 17, 2008 at 03:48 PM »
S2N, yup the prices are way too high, I met the guy who sells the MA brands at souq.com and was able to visit his showroom in Bur Dubai.  Meron pa bang ibang distributor ang MA speakers d2 sa Dubai kasi according to him he's the only distributor in the entire UAE.  D2 naman me sir sa Airport Free Zone.   

Wats,

Are you refering to Garsan Audio at Bur Dubai?  Hindi sila ang distributor ng MA dito sa Middle East.  Iyong sole distributor ng MA dito sa entire GCC and Africa ay si Saher, he's an Emirati audiophile and owns the Tones and Colors Technologies including the Marantz Center at Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia...Reseller lang niya ang Garsan.  We can go directly kay Saher if you are willing to buy the stuff and sa kanya ko binili iyong MA S6 ko last 2005.

Regards,

S2N
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008 at 04:13 PM by Signal2Noise »
VPI
Musical Surroundings
Harbeth
Sonusfaber
Garrard
Exposure
NAD
Amadeus SR#1 KT88
Maestro SET 845

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #2780 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 05:12 PM »
magandang hapon po...

has anyone tried using the monitor audio silver series and matched with an onkyo AVR for HT?

kamusta po ang listening impressions?
˙ ˙ ˙ ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp

Offline StereoType

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2781 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 09:05 PM »
Saher, he's an Emirati audiophile and owns the Tones and Colors Technologies including the Marantz Center at Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia...

S2N

Sir OT lang. Do you know the telephone number of Tones & Colors? D na yata updated ung site nila. mali na ung tel. number

TIA

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2782 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 11:27 PM »
magandang hapon po...

has anyone tried using the monitor audio silver series and matched with an onkyo AVR for HT?

magandang hapon din po' sir jake, mukhang meron ka uling binabalak....  ::) sana major upgrade na ito....  :o  :o para yong naunang minors maipamahagi na.... basta sir una ako sa pila, ha?.....:D :D :D

joke lang po'...(pero totoo)  ;D ;D ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2783 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 09:25 AM »
magandang hapon din po' sir jake, mukhang meron ka uling binabalak....  ::) sana major upgrade na ito....  :o  :o para yong naunang minors maipamahagi na.... basta sir una ako sa pila, ha?.....:D :D :D

joke lang po'...(pero totoo)  ;D ;D ;D

masamang balak na major?  naku bossing!  sabi ko sayo sa dami ng naka separates dito at PJs e mukang tipaklong tong upgrade ko.  ;D

seriously hinting to use the silver series with my 805s, meron po ba kayong kilala na nakaset-up na ang HT with these pairs?  baka naman may insights...positive or negative...would really appreciate it.

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #2784 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 09:46 AM »
magandang hapon po...

hi Jake, RS6 for HT is a champ...Onkyo for HT is another champ. together, you have an HT good enough for 2-ch audio as well...if you dont like the synergy, u may dispose of the RS6...just PM me :)
im allan - 09178087173

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2785 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 10:36 AM »
hi Jake, RS6 for HT is a champ...Onkyo for HT is another champ. together, you have an HT good enough for 2-ch audio as well...if you dont like the synergy, u may dispose of the RS6...just PM me :)

hehe!  nalito ako dun ah!  akala ko info thread ito at hindi B&S!  dalawa na ang pumipila sa RS6!  but guys thanks for the patronage.  indeed these babies are champs for me.  the reason i wanted to use it sa HT din is because of the pure audio setting in the AVR and the power it can throw matching the specs of the RS6.

however, i have yet to connect to the AVR.  i fear it will never leave the HT room.  and for that i would want to solicit first listening impressions as a set (all silver series with an onkyo avr).  today they sing very very well with the tubes and i've been able to enjoy lately a wide genre of music with it.

boy, this is tough!

Offline XXXyzledge

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • NO more CEBU PACIFIC flights for me!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2786 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 10:50 AM »
hi Jake, RS6 for HT is a champ...if you dont like the synerg you dont like the synergy, u may dispose of the RS6...just PM me :)

bro allan....
sorry ha... una na ako sa pila........... ;D ;D ;D
Cayin, RS1, Velo, QED, Bada         Sony4K, HK, B&W, SVS, Oppo, LaZboy....

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2787 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 10:56 AM »
boys boys boys!

OT na kayo ha!  sorry po sa thread owner...mga boys hindi po ito B&S section.  mamaya na kayo mang kulam!  ;D

back to topic - understand that the silver series is sold at SGT at reasonable prices.  anyone who's made a recent purchase and paired with an AVR for HT?

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #2788 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 01:03 PM »
bro allan....
sorry ha... una na ako sa pila........... ;D ;D ;D
no problem...joke lang naman yun ;)

Jake, u can try the comparison by looping the RS6 with ur audio system and then to your AVR afterwards...chances are, it would sound better with your separates.

another trial u may do is to hook it up with an onkyo AVR and then hook it up with another AVR of different brand(but of the same price class as the onkyo)...dami naman may AVR jan very near ur place.

just my take...since MAs tend to emphasize on the mids,upper mids, and highs, it may do well with a harman kardon than an onkyo. this of course is in accord to my own preference to sound (i like it neutral and balanced rather than open and sparkling).

im allan - 09178087173

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #2789 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 01:13 PM »
magandang hapon po...

IKAW! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium