Author Topic: TROY (R3)  (Read 51702 times)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TROY (R3)
« Reply #60 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 08:59 PM »
Let's support this sale folks and who knows maybe next year mag-import na rin sila ng Limited Korean dvds.  :)

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 09:41 PM »
^ si Hemisphere todo suporta, tatlo agad kinuha! Gusto atang manalo ng Magic Sing talaga! :D

I just realized that no one has posted the complete specs of the R3 release yet. If indeed it mirrors the R1, then it should be as follows*:

2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
English and French DD5.1 Surround
English, French and Spanish subtitles - will probably be English, Thai, Chinese, etc..
Easter Eggs

3 Featurettes:
In The Thick of the Battle: Discover how Troy's epic battle sequences were created--from thousands of warrior-extras training in the scorching heat of Mexico to fierce, one on one duels to the death.

From Ruins to Reality: Explore how the ruins of ancient Troy were unearthed, and how Troy's production design magicians created their own version of this breathtaking, legendary city.

Troy: An Effects Odyssey: The secrets of Troy's stunning visual effects are revealed
Gallery of the Gods: Take a computer generated, 3-D tour of Mount Olympus and meet the fabled Gods of Ancient Greece

Theatrical Trailer

*copied from Y_meeh's post in the R1 thread. Per firewired's earlier post, only subtitle tracks will be different.  :)
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2004 at 10:01 PM by cherubrock »

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 09:56 PM »
gusto ko ng Magic Sing!!! sana manalo ako..

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 10:10 PM »
Finally saw the picture at Astro Glorietta this afternoon. Hmmmm I like the korean version better.

It is really exciting that they are offering LE's here that really look extra special.  It's something that doesn't come up everyday so if one is a DVD collector, parang he'd/she'd be crazy not to get one for himself/herself ... that is IF meron extra money lang of course.

Ako dinnnn I want to win one magic sing even if hindi pa ako nakakareserve ng copy ko  ;D
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline stryder

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #64 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 11:21 PM »

edomingo.. i have seen that you have transacted with some of the best marketplace sellers. if you have fostered good relationships with them, they could perhaps help you get your Troy LE. these are nice and accommodating people. you may want to pm them first... if all else fails, pm me and ill see what i can do..

8)

thanks bro..send you a pm

Offline jetcmd

• Collector
  • kids' doc
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 12:21 AM »
The Troy LE to be released here looks impressive enough.. A good alternative to the Korean version which is definitely more expensive...Besides, mauuna tayo ng three (3) full months sa R1. Isn't that something we should be rejoicing about ? Kaya beat monday's deadline and reserve your copies now... :) :) :)

Offline Smooth-J

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 01:00 AM »
Where can I buy The Troy wooden leather set online?? Can someone give me the url!!!!
Become who you are born to be

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 01:18 AM »
Where can I buy The Troy wooden leather set online?? Can someone give me the url!!!!

bro.. it's no longer available.. but here is the link to the pix..    TROY KOREAN LE

:) 

Offline Smooth-J

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 02:09 AM »

bro.. it's no longer available.. but here is the link to the pix..    TROY KOREAN LE

Yes, I know about the Korean one, but what of the one in this thread and the article that it is linked to, that's a whole other box.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 04:21 AM »

Yes, I know about the Korean one, but what of the one in this thread and the article that it is linked to, that's a whole other box.

sent you pm bro... :)

Offline Y_meeh

• DVD Addict
  • I want adventure in the great wide somewhere-belle
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 11:01 AM »
Finally saw the picture at Astro Glorietta this afternoon. Hmmmm I like the korean version better.

It is really exciting that they are offering LE's here that really look extra special.  It's something that doesn't come up everyday so if one is a DVD collector, parang he'd/she'd be crazy not to get one for himself/herself ... that is IF meron extra money lang of course.

Ako dinnnn I want to win one magic sing even if hindi pa ako nakakareserve ng copy ko  ;D

ikaw nga ba yung nakita ko diver? nahiya akong batiin ka eh... may kasama ka kasi...

saw this too at astro yesterday... and got a reservation na rin
Lyf seems a succession of busy nothings - Austen

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 11:20 AM »
AHA!!! Diver and Ymeeh.. pagnanalo kayo ng Magic Sing, trade na lang with dvds ha.. 

firewired, bakit masmaaga ang releases ng dvds sa R3 compared to R1? for curiousity's sake.  ;)

Offline stannum

• Collector
  • Huh? Me, a collector?
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 11:25 AM »
Might be in Mega later with my sis, will definitely check this out. (Sayang din yung Magic Sing, hehehehe.)
Je ne regrette rien.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 11:30 AM »
It's confirmed according to Firewired's front page post....October 15 is the release of Limited Edition box set not Oct. 12.  :)

Offline manilabynight

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm not so new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 11:59 AM »
What will be the final specs for this R3 release?

Ever since the beginning I have been very partial about R3 releases because they usually were not "complete" in a sense unlike their R1 counterparts (like the DTS 5.1 and/or THX capabitilies and sometimes even the quality of the packaging + whatever inserts/features).

I just hope that manufacturers of DVD movies improve the quality of R3 DVD's in such a way that they become the same quality (or better yet, exceed) as that of R1 manufactured DVD's. There have been very few R3 DVD's on the market that I have seen as such.

Just my opinion ....

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #75 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 12:07 PM »
Specs are available on the front page of the site. Checkout the oversized banner. Warner also assured us that this a duplicate of the R1 version except for subtitles. As far as DTS is concerned, Warner doesn't support them for the moment (even in Region 1) so none of their new releases come with DTS audio. 
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 12:14 PM »
hi manilabynight.. how are you doing?

my opinion about your sentiments (which i also adhere to) is would the Filipino collectors be willing to pay a premium for more than the usual upgrade? if there is any consolation, this is the first time that an exclusive limited edition is to be released in the Philippines.  after conversing with international collectors last night (til the break of dawn),  the foreign market is upset that this set would not be available online..

if you have been collecting limited edition dvds.. you can easily recognize that this is an "event" so to speak. and im glad that Warner took the first step to satisfy our wants.. let's support this effort to inspire other studios and convince them that we are ready and would want a major upgrade in local dvds... :) plus the magic sing thing promo won't hurt. reserve na.. 

firewired.. sent you sms..

« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2004 at 06:11 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 12:38 PM »
I just hope that this will not be the first and the last title to come out with this LE release in Warner Philippines.I still haven't reserve a copy from astro.baka maubusan ako :). :o

Offline patupup

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Family Man
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 12:39 PM »
am just curious, how big is the leather case kaya for the Troy LE?  ::)
Baka di magkasya sa dvd case ko e, hehehe...

thanks!
shuffle up and deal!

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #79 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 12:41 PM »
Just a little bigger than a typical keepcase. Similar to size of Korea's wooden box.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline Smooth-J

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 04:06 PM »
hi manilabynight.. how are you doing?

after conversing with international collectors last night (til the break of dawn),  the foreign market is upset that this set would not be available online..

;D ;D

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 05:58 PM »
 Had a copy reserved.  :)

I hope I don't get disappointed.

« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2006 at 01:16 PM by Egg »

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 10:49 PM »
After this LE release of Troy.Meron pa kayang ibang titles na nakaline-up for LE release here in the Philippines from Warner???

Offline Y_meeh

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 11:44 PM »
I was reading the reactions of dvd collectors from other countries on our exclusive release of Troy

mukang gusto din nila! hehehe... kaya lang sa atin lang ilalabas ito...

i want to post this at dvdtalk too but i forgot my password..
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2004 at 12:05 AM by Y_meeh »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 11:57 PM »
ymeeh.. naiinitindihan ka nila..  pumupunta sila sa site every now and then.. naiinggit nga sila.. hehehehe..  post ka na sa dvdtalk..

;)
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2004 at 12:03 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline Y_meeh

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Oct 10, 2004 at 12:09 AM »
ymeeh.. naiinitindihan ka nila..  pumupunta sila sa site every now and then.. naiinggit nga sila.. hehehehe..  post ka na sa dvdtalk..

;)

ganun ba?! heheh bat mali ba ako na sabihin na hindi sila natuwa sa edisyon na ito? sa tingin ko naman eh oo dahil bigla tayong napansin at may mga dumadayo na sa atin ngayon. hehe... tinagalog ko na rin para sa kanila

hehe

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Oct 10, 2004 at 12:13 AM »

ikaw nga ba yung nakita ko diver? nahiya akong batiin ka eh... may kasama ka kasi...

saw this too at astro yesterday... and got a reservation na rin

Yikesssss sorry Y_meeh ... now ko lang nakita itong post mo.  I went there for a while lang eh. As in went straight to the parang poster and then I told my husband I'm done na :-)

Still haven't gotten a copy kasi nga I am waiting for my copy of the korean version.

I still have tomorrow to decide if i will still order or not.  I might order dahil lang doon sa magic sing ... but then again, pang banyo lang naman voice ko so bakit pa  ;D

If it was me nga that you saw, you should have made me pansin para na introduce sana kita sa husband ko :-)  sayang naman  :(
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline Y_meeh

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Oct 10, 2004 at 12:13 AM »
muka ba akong nang iinggit?!!! hahaha... wala lang masaya lang talaga ko dahil sa kaunaunahang pagkakataon (na paulit ulit din nilang sinasabi dun sa site (2-3 beses ko atang nabasa na unang beses sa tin to) magkakaroon tayo ng ganitong release at di natin kailangan magbayad ng ganun kamahal.

Offline Y_meeh

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Oct 10, 2004 at 12:17 AM »

Yikesssss sorry Y_meeh ... now ko lang nakita itong post mo.  I went there for a while lang eh. As in went straight to the parang poster and then I told my husband I'm done na :-)

Still haven't gotten a copy kasi nga I am waiting for my copy of the korean version.

I still have tomorrow to decide if i will still order or not.  I might order dahil lang doon sa magic sing ... but then again, pang banyo lang naman voice ko so bakit pa  ;D

If it was me nga that you saw, you should have made me pansin para na introduce sana kita sa husband ko :-)  sayang naman  :(

it was you then! sa may near astro ko you nakita. nashy ako bigla eh! hahaah... actually yun lang din ang purpose ko dun kahapon... ang magpareserve... tapos uwi na.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Oct 10, 2004 at 12:24 AM »
hahahah.. ymeeh, parang nag-ssms tayo sa paggamit ng wikang pambansa. tumpak at sila ay lubusang nagulat at namangha na ang isang bansa sa Asya ay maglalabas ng LimitadoNg Edisyon ng pelikulang Troy. nakausap ko ang isang tagapangasiwa ng websayt at ipinabatid nya sa akin ang interes sa pag - import nito. ipinamahala ko na sa ating mga admin ang pakikipag-usap upang malaya at maayos ang pangangalakal.

sana masundan ito ng isa pang pagrelis na limitado upang sa gayun ay tumaas naman ang estado ng mga Filipinong kolektor ng dvds.

mangyari ay i-post mo na sa dvdtalk and magandang balita tungkol sa TROY Limitadong Edisyong relis sa Pilipinas..  :)

----------------

Diver, nawa ay palarin ka sa Mahiwagang Awit promo...

« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2004 at 12:37 AM by hemisphere1234 »