Author Topic: Lost  (Read 36855 times)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: Lost
« Reply #270 on: Mar 14, 2009 at 11:29 PM »
ah dudes, wala b episode 9? enlighten me...

^^No Lost this week; episode 9 will air this week, on March 18.

Offline Hitman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #271 on: Mar 15, 2009 at 07:59 PM »
tnx dude

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2009 at 08:34 AM »
my head's still spinning from all the events and revelations about Miles and Daniel that were featured in the last two episodes...time travel and its probable consequences really makes me dizzy.

but great storytelling, even though it took them awhile to focus on those new characters; next up is Richard Alpert (Nestor Carbonell and Alan Dale are rumored to join the regular cast for the final season).

only more episode to go until the two-hour season finale; it's been a great ride so far.  ;D

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: May 11, 2009 at 05:05 PM »
just finished episode 15, ilang episode p b4 the season finale? season 6 will be the last no?

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: May 11, 2009 at 06:13 PM »
just finished episode 15, ilang episode p b4 the season finale? season 6 will be the last no?

this week na ang 2-hour season finale; episode title is "The Incident", with Part 1 numbered as episode 16 and Part 2 numbered as episode 17. can't wait--this season has been awesome in terms of revelations and resolutions of past incidents.

and yup, season 6 is the last season of Lost; supposedly only Matthew Fox knows how it all ends.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009 at 06:14 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: May 12, 2009 at 08:37 AM »
talaga? only jack knows wat will happen? how?
without a doubt, this is the best thing on tv right now...

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #276 on: May 14, 2009 at 10:11 PM »
 :o

Best season ender since season 1! There were a couple of reveals in there that I wasn't expecting. I'm also quite impressed that they haven't written themselves into a corner yet with several things up in the air and running concurrently. And so far, things are tying themselves quite neatly. Like how (a couple of episodes ago) Eloise says she doesn't know what's going to happen for the first time in a long time. I guess it's because Abrams has indeed written most of it already and not just the broad strokes. It's far less contrived than the way 24 feels.

It's gonna be a long wait for season 6!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009 at 10:34 PM by sardaukar »

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM »
kelan season 6?

Offline vicsotto

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #278 on: May 16, 2009 at 11:46 PM »
i think Jan ulit start ng Lost.last 2 seasons :(

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2009 at 12:26 AM »
i think Jan ulit start ng Lost.last 2 seasons :(

Actually, Season 6 is the LAST season.

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: May 17, 2009 at 06:46 AM »
january? tagal p non!!!
pero malupit ang season finale!!!
this show just keeps getting better and better!!!

Offline vicsotto

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2009 at 08:35 AM »
oo nga e.bitin nanaman.ganun palagi jan start new season then sa december lalabas sa dvd

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2009 at 01:30 PM »
The 2-hour season finale was superb, with lots of stuff tying in neatly with dangling plotlines, as sardaukar noted. What i didn't like was the introduction of two characters so late into the storyline, characters who seem to be the major manipulators of everything that happened; ah well...

talaga? only jack knows wat will happen? how?

Matthew Fox has apparently read the preliminary scripts of Lost's final season. It was also revealed, and I believe it as well, LOL, that one character is guaranteed to survive until the very end--Vincent the dog.  8)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009 at 01:34 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2009 at 04:13 PM »
The two character actually have either been mentioned or appeared at one point or another throughout most of the series. Some people theorize that the other guy who is not Jacob is the Smoke Monster.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009 at 04:14 PM by Klaus Weasley »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2009 at 04:56 PM »
The two character actually have either been mentioned or appeared at one point or another throughout most of the series.

yup, these two characters, Jacob and his Adversary, who seem to represent Order and Chaos, Good and Evil, Faith or Science, or whatever two diametrically opposing forces there are, have been subtly alluded to or referenced throughout the series, even as far back as the Pilot episode, where Locke explains the black and white backgammon pieces to Walt: "Two players. Two sides. One is light, one is dark." yup, Locke's backgammon game all makes sense now.  ;D

it was just a bit jarring to see these two in the flesh, particularly Jacob's interaction with most of the principal characters at key points in their lives. and that theory about the Adversary? very, very possible, heh
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009 at 04:59 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline hilikus_kiko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • I'm breaking the first rule of Fight Club.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #285 on: May 21, 2009 at 10:52 PM »
"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress." - Jacob

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Jun 14, 2009 at 06:10 PM »
Matthew Fox outlines Lost's final season
By Tim Surette

One of the only people who knows how Lost will end drops some information on what to expect next season, including less time jumps.

Some people are probably jealous of Matthew Fox's good looks, his fame and fortune, or his on-screen talent, but here at TV.com we're envious of just one thing: he is one of a handful of people who knows how Lost ends.

Lost producers and cast members have kept pretty quiet since the show's fifth-season finale aired in May, but Fox was on hand at the Monte Carlo Television Festival (videos here) and broke silence--and he had some interesting things to say (slight spoilers ahead, but nothing too spoilerific).

There's been lots of speculation about how season six will start--season five ended with Jack believing it was his destiny to detonate the Hydrogen bomb to reset events that led them to the island.

"The sixth season will start with [the answer to the destiny question], and I think it will be very surprising, and probably fairly confusing initially to the audience," Fox explained. "And I think relatively soon into the year, the two timeframes are going to be solidified into one time and we will be operating at a more linear time through the end of the series. Like a third of the way in, I would guess, we're going to get on one timeframe, and it will be very linear--no more flashbacks, nothing--it will be very linear on the island and sort of a final conflict to the end."

And if fans still thought showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse were making it up as they went along, Fox says they'll become believers by the time the show ends. "All the little pieces of the puzzle that Damon and Carlton laid out and all those tracks that were laid story-wise early… at times the audience didn't have a lot of faith that they knew where they were heading with it," he said. "The show will prove that they did know all along where they were heading with it, because all those pieces will come back into play."

Jack's rivalry with John Locke isn't done, either. "I've always known that Jack and Locke will come head-to-head again in the final year and that I'll have plenty of work to do with Terry [O'Quinn]."

And what of the show's final moments? "I think the show is going to end in an incredibly powerful and very sad and beautiful way," he says. "I think it's going to be incredibly satisfying, and cathartic, and redemptive, and beautiful. Every time I talk to [Damon] it's sort of surprising how moving it is just to talk about it… we've been through a lot together, and specifically through [Fox's character Jack]."

As far as Matthew's personal life, after Lost he's planning to move to Oregon to be closer to family and get deeper into his new hobby, which is ironically flying planes. Lost will be Fox's final television project, as he wants to concentrate on film because it "gives [him] more freedom in his life."

Whoa--no more flashbacks? Linear timeline? Sounds like we're in for a no-nonsense final season! Lost begins its final season next year.

Offline X44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Jul 05, 2009 at 11:32 AM »
The 2-hour season finale was superb, with lots of stuff tying in neatly with dangling plotlines, as sardaukar noted. What i didn't like was the introduction of two characters so late into the storyline, characters who seem to be the major manipulators of everything that happened; ah well...

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD

Just finished the season finale last night.

At first, I felt a bit off about these two characters,too. But after thinking about it and reading the internet chatter, it appears they've been present throughout at least half the series. The first one - - -Jacob - - -we know only by name, this is the first time we see his face. The seccond one , now that we know what his "abilities" are, has also been present, albeit under our noses and in different forms - - Yemi, Christian, Boone.

What felt tacked on although I ultimately didn't mind was the apparent  . . um, rivalry . . between Jacob and the guy everyone calls Esau  - - -and a double wink to anyone who gets the reference and wouldn't it be great if they were the actual Jacob and Esau? There's a nifty little easter egg that I think sort of corroborates this theory. The actual Esau sold his birthright to the actual Jacob for a pot of stew. In the beach scene in Lost, Jacob offers him breakfast and Esau says in an ominous, foreshadowing tight shot: "I already ate."

Loved the appearance of the Black Rock in that scene. I'm betting we'll see more of that in the next season and that some familiar faces will be on the ship.

Also, I wonder what Lapidus is a "candidate" for.

Also, how did Richard see them all die - -as he said to Sun when he saw the 1977 photo?

And what does stand in the shadow of the statue?

Overall, a neat season. The season finale I still like the best is from Season 3 as this was less revelatory and more of a cliffhanger.

Any theories on Season 6? My bet is reboot with memories intact.

SPOILERS OUT
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM by X44 »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 10:48 PM »
Teaser poster for Season 6 of Lost, unveiled during the 2009 Comic Con held last July at San Diego:

It looks like everyone--dead or alive--is coming back for the final season. Of particular significance in this group photo is John Locke, who's located in the center, and is the only character with his back turned to the camera and looking over his shoulder.
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2009 at 02:44 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline X44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Aug 12, 2009 at 11:44 AM »
Nice concept for a Lost poster - - -the image is actually . . . lost. Joke.  ;D

John Locke looking over his shoulder - - -could be because he isn't the real John Locke as the season finale revealed.

Anybody who watches the show have any theories on what's been happening and what's coming next? No?
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM by X44 »

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 04:18 PM »
Jenna on 30 Rock: "You know, I met J.J. Abrams once and I don't know what this means but he said the island is just Hurley's dream."

;D

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Nov 21, 2009 at 12:40 AM »
The final season of Lost will air Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 9:00pm on ABC. Nestor Carbonell, Jeff Fahey, and Zuleikha Robinson have been upped as regular cast members, and Emilie de Ravin returns as a full time cast member.

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2009 at 12:41 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Nov 23, 2009 at 07:49 PM »
ANG TAGAL PA! :'(

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Dec 06, 2009 at 04:16 PM »
Has anyone bought the LOCAL version of the Season 5 DVD set and if so, are there extras like commentaries, behind-the-scenes documentaries, etc.? Thanks!

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 11:06 PM »
Check out this poster.

It's now my wallpaper!

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: Jan 20, 2010 at 12:57 AM »

Offline msgt16

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #296 on: Feb 04, 2010 at 08:56 AM »
Season 6 resumed yesterday. :)

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: Feb 04, 2010 at 09:48 AM »
Season 6 resumed yesterday. :)

yup, 2 hours of wtf??? moments...which i enjoyed tremendously  ;D

Offline docelmo

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #298 on: Feb 04, 2010 at 10:56 AM »
Watched ep 0...narrated by Ben Linus...a catch up episode to put you up to speed before the final chapter.
 ;D
Denon/ GoldenEar Technology/Onkyo/Optoma/Sansui/SVS

Offline msgt16

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #299 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 08:05 AM »
Yeah. Episode 0 was a really good recap before, as what AshKetchum said, 2 hours of mind-boggling, hair-pulling WTF moments. ;D